Best Fitness Tracker Under 100 – Below you’ll find a short summary on the list of top 5 best fitness trackers under $100 that you can get your hands on.
Just in time for summer and all those new fitness goals. The summary includes the cost of each tracker, and where to buy if you’re short on time.
- Earn Active Zone Minutes as you progress toward your weekly 150 minutes of heart-pumping activity and use 20 plus exercise modes to track goals like distance, calories burned and more.Operating temperature: 14° to 113°F
- Track all-day activity: your steps, distance, hourly activity and calories burned.Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 ft
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn
- Enjoy 10 days of battery life for daily progress without constant charging. Varies with use and other factors. Track your time in light, deep and REM sleep, then get a Sleep Score to better understand your sleep quality each night.Stay inspired from the shower to the pool with this swimproof tracker (water resistant to 50 meters) and motivated by connecting with friends, competing in challenges, earning badges and celebrating goal milestones.
The Inspire is around 3mm slimmer than the Inspire HR, and while it sacrifices a heart-rate monitor for this reduction, it is more comfortable to wear than the Inspire HR as a result.
It doesn’t need to be worn as tightly as the Inspire HR to sit flush to the wrist due to this lack of HR monitor, while the lightweight plastic build makes it barely noticeable when on.
The plastic build makes for a less premium looking device than the Charge 3 and Alta trackers. The Inspire is waterproof (but somehow lacks swim tracking) – something the Alta and Alta HR missed out on – which is great should you end up getting drenched or jumping in a pool while still wearing it.
- MANAGE YOUR HEALTH FROM YOUR WRIST -- The Amazfit Bip U makes smart watch with unique health options, providing 24-hours heart rate, blood oxygen levels, stress levels, breathing, sleep quality monitoring. With the female period tracking system, bip u records and predicts the female menstrual cycle and send smart reminders.
- LONG 9-DAY BATTERY LIFE -- Say goodbye to frequent charges. This smartwatch deeply optimizes the power consumption of the components to bring long-lasting endurance of 9 days on a full charge.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY TRACKING & 5 ATM WATERPROOF -- This fitness sport watch has 60+ sports modes, able to record a wide range of activities automatically and accurately. Water-resistant up to 50 meters, you can wear the Bip U for swimming and it will record your achievements even under water.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN -- Amazfit Bip U only weighs about 31g, an ultra-light design you can barely feel on your wrist. Equipped with a customized 1.43" HD stylish square screen, offering a larger display area than a round smart watch face of the same width. 320x302 pixel resolution creates an exquisite visual display, making all incoming calls, messages and reminders extremely clear.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS & COMPATIBILITY -- Get an intelligent little pal to remind you of the incoming calls, text messages, apps, and calendars, alarm clock, weather forecast, and support smartphone music and camera control. BIP U pairs seamlessly with most iOS 10.0 & Android 5.0 or higher smart phones version.
Built with a matte-textured plastic chassis, the Bip transitions nicely into a slightly curved slate of Corning Gorilla Glass on top of its colored, pixelated display.
Moving around the tracker’s interface is done on the touchscreen, but waking it with the side button is mandatory. This design choice might seem like an annoyance, though it’s defensible when you realize how easy it can be to accidentally swipe the screen when you’re working out.
- Features always on customizable color display and 1 plus year battery life; no charging necessary. Safe for swimming and showering
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned, monitors sleep and provides a personalized daily step goal (heart rate monitoring not available on this product)
- Periodically syncs to Garmin Connect, where you can save, plan and share your activities, get involved in social challenges and more
- Garmin Move IQ feature automatically detects activity and classifies activity type on Garmin Connect. Smartphone compatibility is iphone and android
- Width is 0.75 inch and thickness is 0.37 inch. Circumference for large is 5.83 to 8.46 inch and Circumference for regular is 4.80 to 7.40 inch. Display size is 0.43 x 0.43 in inches and Display resolution is 88 x 88 pixels
Fitbit may take credit for making the best fitness trackers mainstream, but Garmin has spent years catering to athletes. Garmin’s first GPS-enabled runner’s watch hit shelves five years before Fitbit was even founded. That’s why you may want to give Garmin’s stripped-down fitness tracker, the $80 Garmin Vivofit 4, a look.
The Garmin Vivofit 4 is the fourth generation of Garmin’s entry-level activity-tracking band. If you’re used to fitness trackers that are aimed at lifestyle users, the Vivofit 4 might seem underwhelming: It doesn’t have a heart rate sensor, built-in GPS, touch screen or the ability to push notifications from your phone. It also has a distinctive “fitness tracker” look, thanks to its textured, rubbery sport band. The Vivofit 4 is meant to be worn 24/7 — it’s waterproof (up to 50 meters) and it runs on a coin cell battery that will last as long as a year (depending on usage).
- Heart RATE & multisport - select from 30+ sports with continuous heart RATE, reporting on heart RATE zones, plus daily/overnight hr. tracking and automatic exercise recognition so you get credit for all your moves.
- Connected GPS via smartphone - map and share your workout and exercise sessions with reporting on calories, distance, elevation & Pace.
- Long-life battery - lasts up to 20 days Between charges So you can keep moving.
- Water resistant to 50M - Enjoy automatic swim recognition and having no fear when you shower, go snorkeling or get caught in the rain.
- Sleep tracking - wake to a Sleep Score based on light and deep sleep cycles, interruptions, and more, Plus enjoy a silent vibrating alarm with Smart wake-up.
- Withings products on must be “ships from and sold by” or Withings to be eligible for /replacement by Withings.
We’ve had an issue with our Withings Pulse HR where cracks have appeared at the top and bottom of the tracker . Withings has confirmed to TechRadar it was because of a manufacturing issue in the first batch of products, and the issue has since been solved on more recently produced Pulse HR trackers.
If you’ve already bought a Pulse HR and you’ve found it has cracked without any accidental damage, you can contact Withings to get a replacement for free. For the full story, check out our article on the Withings Pulse HR cracking problem.
- STARTS TRACKING WHEN YOU START MOVING: Walk, run, even hop on the elliptical—the Galaxy Fit2 automatically detects and tracks what you’re doing.
- KEEP GOING 24/7: Track your day’s activities and your night’s sleep continuously with a battery that lasts up to 15 days on a single charge.
- LIGHT AND BRIGHT DESIGN: Sleek and lightweight, Galaxy Fit2 features a curved and full-color AMOLED display that makes it easy to stay connected at a glance.
- TOUGH, LIKE YOU: Galaxy Fit2 is made with a swim-ready and durable design.
- LIVE WELL EVERY DAY: Galaxy Fit2 tracks daily steps, calories burned, calories remaining for the day, water intake and sleep patterns.
- GET NOTIFICATIONS. REPLY QUICLY: You’re always connected, so you’ll be notified of incoming calls or texts right on your Galaxy Fit2. Plus, send quick, preset replies, and keep an eye on schedules, the forecast and more.
- DESIGNED TO WORK TOGETHER: Pair your Galaxy Fit2 with your Galaxy smartphone to get credit for every move and stay connected with calls and texts.
- This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. Battery life varies on usage. Water-resistant up to 50 meters per ISO standard 22810:2010. Not intended for scuba diving. Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes and high-velocity activities. Rinse in fresh water/dry after use in seawater.
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – Samsung currently has a really strong Galaxy A lineup. They took their “Awesome is for everyone” slogan to heart with interesting and fresh designs, as well as good value specs.
Better still, the Korean giant definitely recognizes it has a good product on its hands and is now investing even further in extending its life. Particularly the Galaxy A52, which now has a new A52s 5G variant.
Best Fitness Tracker Under 100 – BUYER’S GUIDE
At first glance, the Zepp-E Circle ($250) and its Apple Watch dupe, the Square, are great-looking, bezel-less fitness trackers. But the band is stiff and feels cheap; it was constantly disconnecting; the app requires a lot of tinkering to make it useful; and I found Zepp’s proprietary fitness metric of earning PAI (Personalized Activity Intelligence) too puzzling and unintuitive. It costs too much for what it offers.
The best thing I can say about Matrix’s PowerWatch 2 ($500) is that the recharging from body heat and solar power really works. I wore it for more than three weeks without having to recharge it. However, it’s huge and clunky. During my testing, the heart-rate monitor was inaccurate, and it was hard to change the display. The app was beset by technical problems, and I constantly had to reinstall and reconnect the watch. For such an expensive watch, it was just too hard to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Look for in a Budget Fitness Tracker ?
When evaluating fitness trackers it’s important to keep in mind they’re not just about counting steps or keeping tabs on your sleep habits. The total experience includes the quality of the hardware, overall comfort, the software package, and how well it does the tracking that you bought it for in the first place.
While the dividing line between fitness tracker and smartwatch has become increasingly blurred, if you’d prefer something with a bigger screen and more smartphone integration, be sure to check out our guide to the best smartwatches.