Best graphics Card for 1080p 60hz – Pick one of the best 1080p graphics cards for your high definition gaming needs. While plenty of graphics cards can handle 1080p gaming, you wouldn’t want to end up with one that either has insufficient power to provide a smooth experience or has too much of it you’ll end up unnecessarily paying more.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS ROG STRIX
- Top-tier gaming GPU: Powered by NVIDIA Ampere architecture with 1890 MHz Boost Clock, 4864 CUDA Cores, and 8GB GDDR6 memory
- Comprehensive cooling options: Axial-Tech fan design has been tuned up with more fan blades and a reversed rotational direction for the center fan for less turbulence
The ROG Strix G17 G713 series succeeds last year’s G712 series by bumping off Intel for AMD and upgrading most SKUs to GeForce Ampere graphics. Configurable options are extensive with no less than than 16 (!) individual SKUs all detailed here on Asus’ official product page.
Options are subsequently massive ranging from the Zen 2 Ryzen 7 4800H to the Zen 3 Ryzen 9 5900HX CPU and 65 W GeForce GTX 1650 graphics up to the 130 W GeForce RTX 3070. Display options also range wildly from the base 144 Hz FHD panel to 165 Hz QHD or 300 Hz FHD with fuller colors. Even battery capacities, thicknesses, and AC adapters are different depending on the graphics.
Our test unit today is midrange SKU equipped with the Ryzen 7 5800H CPU, 95 W RTX 3050 Ti GPU, and 144 Hz FHD display.back to menu ↑
2.ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture, 2nd Gen Ray Tracing Cores, 3rd Gen Tensor Cores
- Boost Clock 1695 MHz, 8GB 256-bit GDDR6, 14 Gbps, PCIE 4.0; Low Hash Rate (LHR) 25 MH/s ETH hash rate (est.)
ZOTAC today introduced its GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge graphics card, which leads the company’s lean lineup of custom-design Ampere graphics cards based on this GPU. ZOTAC’s strategy with performance-segment graphics cards has been to create frugal and compact graphics cards it can sell at prices close to the NVIDIA baseline. Frugal doesn’t necessarily mean “cheap” as ZOTAC offers a free extended warranty upon product registration that is longer than most other brands’ warranties.
The RTX 3060 Ti Ampere is NVIDIA’s most affordable GPU launched for this generation thus far and targets a much wider audience with its starting price. It is designed to offer 1440p AAA gaming with raytracing. It’s also designed to offer e-sports gaming at 1080p at higher refresh-rates, such as 144 Hz.
Much of the innovation with Ampere has been to make RTX-enabled gaming a lot more playable since real-time raytracing puts a heavy performance impact on your hardware.back to menu ↑
- Boost: 1518 MHz/ Base: 1265 MHz in Gaming Mode
- Boost: 1544 MHz/ Base: 1290 MHz in OC Mode
This NVIDIA graphics card features the NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 processor. The processor, also known as the GPU, is the most important component in any graphics card. PCGameBenchmark rates processors by how many of the top 1,000 PC games the chip can run. This PC graphics card has a chip that can run 484 of the top 1000 games – so we give it a 48% rating.
Games that this graphics card can run include Overwatch.
For a full list of the games that this card will run and the chance to compare it to similar cards check our graphics card comparison – we have tracked 6 cards with a similar GPU and 2 of them are cheaper than this setup – no need to wait for a sale or Black Friday 2021 to get the best price on a card like this.back to menu ↑
4.ASRock Challenger D Radeon RX 5600 XT
- 【The AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics Card】 is designed for the ultimate 1080p gaming experience. Turn up your settings for higher fidelity and boost gaming performance for higher frame rates with ultra-fast response times. Get the power of the highly acclaimed RDNA architecture, the heart of AMD’s advanced 7nm technology process, as well as GDDR6 high-speed memory and PCI Express 4.0 support, delivering a highly responsive, ultimate 1080p gaming experience.
- 【Dual Fan Design】Two fans that provide strong cooling performance and make your gaming rig stay cool. It’s optimized for delivering excellent gaming experience with stylish and streamlined design.
ASRock added another Radeon RX 5600 XT offering to its graphics card lineup today. The new ASRock Radeon RX 5600 XT Challenger Pro 6G OC comes with a pretty robust cooling system and hefty factory overclocks.
The Radeon RX 5600 XT Challenger Pro 6G OC flaunts a 2.7-slot design, allowing more area for the large heatsink. As a matter of fact, the cooler is so long that it extends past the graphics card’s tiny PCB. The graphics card measures 279.93mm long so you should make sure your PC case has the necessary clearance space before picking up this bad boy.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS ROG Strix AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
- TOP Edition: Boost Clock up to 1770 MHz (OC Mode)/ up to 1750 MHz (Gaming Mode)
- Axial-tech fan design features a smaller fan hub that facilitates longer blades and a barrier ring that increases downward air pressure.
The rest of the titles we well above this, some averaging well over 100 fps. Running at 1440p medium settings, we also had a smooth gaming experience with all 11 games averaging over 60 fps. If we cranked the settings to Ultra, a few of these titles were unplayable, so we stuck with medium at the higher resolution.
The Asus ROG Strix RX 5600 XT O6G Gaming costs $339.99 on Newegg. This price makes it the most expensive RX 5600 XT at the time we wrote this article. The Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT we reviewed earlier is $289.99 on Newegg, making the Asus card significantly more expensive. We’ll take a detailed look at how the Asus card and its triple-fan cooling solution performs and see if it ends up being worth the price difference when all is said and done.back to menu ↑
Best graphics Card for 1080p 60hz – If you’re not that interested in bumping your rig up to the level of visual fidelity that 1440p-capable hardware can offer, there’s a menagerie of the best 1080p graphics cards at your disposal. The Nvidia RTX 3060, for example, is a good 1080p entry into the RTX 3000 series line.
We’ve rounded up the best 1080p graphics cards to help you decide what’s integral for the perfect build for you. Led by the RTX 3060 Ti, these will meet your gaming needs without forcing you to empty your coffers entirely. Check out our list to find the card that’s perfect for you so you can get started building right away.