Best Graphics Card for Arma 3 – there are As the title says, I’m curious about upgrading my GPU so that I can more efficiently run Arma 3. I currently have a GeForce GTX 1070 and there are times when I’m running damn near 20 FPS. So, I have two questions. Would going to a 1080Ti make a significant jump in performance or would this be something that would need a 2080(Ti?) to really get some constant ~60+ FPS? Obviously making a jump to the brand new 2080Ti would be the downright yes, but if it’s not as cost effective as a 1080Ti would be, then there is no point of going for the 2080(Ti). Also, I play on 1440p, if that helps with anything.
1.ASUS ROG Strix AMD
Pros & Cons
- Axial-tech fan design features longer fan blades and a unique barrier ring to increase air pressure.
- 0dB Technology lets you enjoy light gaming in relative silence.
- 2. 9-slot Design expands cooling surface area to make the most of the two powerful Axial-tech fans.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips 2 hybrid-controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- Auto Extreme Manufacturing deliver premium quality and reliability with aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components.
Asus says the Strix G15 Advantage Edition will high cost . Given that a regular Strix G15 with specs close to those of my test unit (an eight-core Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16GB of RAM, and a 300Hz 1080p screen, although with 1TB of storage) and an Nvidia RTX 3070 GPU is listed at , I’m assuming that my configuration will be close to the top of that range.
Regardless, a Strix for is a great value. This model is delivering better performance and better battery life than I’d expect to see from all kinds of gaming laptops that are hundreds of dollars more. Given the Strix’s flashy and decidedly enthusiast aesthetic, I think it makes a bit less sense as a value purchase than something like the Zephyrus G15. But, if you’re looking for a bold and garish gaming laptop that’s punching well above its price class, you’re probably in the target audience.
2.ASUS AMD Radeon RX 5500XT
Pros & Cons
- Axial-tech fan design features longer fan blades and a unique barrier ring to increase air pressure
- 0dB Technology lets you enjoy light gaming in relative silence
- 2 7-slot Design expands cooling surface area to make the most of the two powerful Axial-tech fans
- Protective backplate secures components during transportation and installation
- Auto Extreme Manufacturing deliver premium quality and reliability with aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components
AMD’s Radeon RX 5500 XT launched in December 2019, using the Navi 14 GPU and targeting the budget and 1080p end of the gaming graphics card segment. The card was received well overall, and the RX 5500 XT 8GB variants mitigate any VRAM concerns.
The Asus ROG Strix RX 5500 XT O8G Gaming puts its own spin on the GPU, adding a factory overclock along with large heatsink and dual fans designed to keep the card running cool and quiet.
Performance of the Strix RX 5500 XT O8G Gaming landed where we expected. It’s faster than the GeForce GTX 1650 Super, slower than the GeForce GTX 1660 and competes with its 8GB peers
3.ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660
Pros & Cons
- Powered by NVIDIA Turing with 1845 MHz Boost Clock, 1408 CUDA cores and overclocked 6GB GDDR6 memory in a 2. 7 slot form Factor
- Space-grade lubricant brings the durability of dual Ball bearings to quieter Sleeve bearing designs.
- Gpu Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming in real time easier than ever, and includes additional software like Game Booster, XSplit Gamecaster, WTFast and quantumcloud
- Tuf compatibility testing runs cards through a suite of tests to ensure TUF Gaming motherboards, chassis, and other TUF Gaming Alliance components work together flawlessly
- Auto-extreme technology delivers premium quality and reliability using an automated manufacturing process
The ASUS TUF GAMING gaming component line has been around for several years and is constantly expanding with new components. Products manufactured under this logo have established themselves as one of the most reliable, as many additional checks are made during production.
Therefore, in a conventional system unit, these components will work stably under any conditions, even at + 40 degrees of summer heat, even if the Arctic Circle is cold. ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 boasts compact dimensions, high-quality components and good overclocking potential.
Pros & Cons
- Powered by GeForce GTX 1650 integrated with 4GB GDDR5
- Windforce 2x cooling system with alternate spinning fans
- Intuitive controls with AORUS engine
- 4GB 128 bit GDDR5
- 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, PCI Express 3.0 x16
The GIGABYTE patent â€œAlternate Spinning” is the only solution that can solve the turbulent airflow of adjacent fans. Since the adjacent fans rotate in the same direction, the airflow direction is opposite between the fans, which will cause turbulent airflow and reduce heat dissipation efficiency.
GIGABYTE turns the adjacent fans in the opposite direction, so that the airflow direction between the two fans is the same, reducing the turbulence and enhancing the airflow pressure.
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 4GB is a low budget Turing architecture-based graphics card, mostly giving decent gaming performance at 1080p resolution with moderate details. Gigabyte also factory overclocked this card to 1710 MHz boost Core clock (Reference card is 1665 MHz) gives a rough 5-8% performance increase.
Alongside no additional power connector requirement, the card also comes with a nice cooling solution which pushes the temperature and noise at their lowest level. The GPU fans also remained off under low load or low power games.
5.Asiahorse Graphic Card
Pros & Cons
- 【Argb Led Frame Design】The light effect can be controlled through the main board by 5V 3pin ASUS Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync (J-Rainbow) and GIGABYTE RGB Fusion 2.0 (Please note: It does not support 12V 4 pin RGB header from motherboard).
- 【Easy Installation】Parallel or Vertical Cooling down Graphic card directly with three high air flow Fans; Sturdy Metal with aluminum brush with PCI mount design for easy installation.
- 【92mm Fans x3 Pcs】Speed: 1800RPM x 3 ; Air flow: 40 CFM x 3 ; Noise:37dBA
- 【Wide Scope Of Application】Universal GPU Cooler, Fit for most of the market graphic card video card VGA computer PC Case cooling.
This might not be the best time to hunt for a new graphics card since both Asiahorse GPUs are hard to come by. Whether you’re interested in the AMD RDNA 2 and Nvidia Ampere lineup, prices are through the roof so for many people the best way to get one is to invest in a pre-built computer like the ones found in our best gaming PCs guide.
Whatever route you go, whether it’s to replace an aging gaming laptop or build your own PC, one of the best graphics cards will provide the kind of performance you’re looking for. To fully experience the best PC games or seamlessly run the most demanding content creation apps, invest in one of the top GPUs on the market.
Best Graphics Card for Arma 3 – There are many good staff for Arma 3.