Best External Drives for Video Editing – We hope this article has helped you decide which external hard drives are best for your video editing needs. If you regularly edit videos for a hobby or your profession, having the best drive will help greatly.
As a final piece of advice, we advise backing up your external drive regularly either to a cloud storage service or to a secondary drive as an additional safeguard.
Do you have a favorite hard drive for video editing? Let us know in the comments below!
1.Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB
- Automatic backup software to easily back up your content (free download, for Windows PC only).
- Password protection software to help prevent unauthorized access to your data (free download, for Windows PC only).
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible.
- Compact design with stylish, textured finish and color options to fit your lifestyle..Compatible devices: Mac (reformatting required)
2.Seagate Portable 2TB
- Easily store and access 2TB to content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
- Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap just drag and drop
- To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition no software required
- This USB drive provides plug and play simplicity with the included 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
3.WD 2TB Elements
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility. Fast data transfers
- Improve PC Performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other operating systems; Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
- Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for the Installation. WD Elements portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates, universal connectivity and massive capacity for value-conscious consumers.
4.G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE
- Edit and export faster with sustained transfer rates up to 2800MB/s; As used for transfer rate, megabyte per second (MB/s) = 1 million bytes per second; Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations
- A shock resistant design to help protect your content anywhere
- Latest generation Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
- Cool, aluminum core for sustained performance
- Superfast read-write speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Top to bottom metal design that fits in the palm of your hand
- Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables. Shock resistance
Best External Drives for Video Editing – Video editing is a demanding task that requires a powerful computer. Running software like Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X takes up a lot of system resources and processing power. But even with a top-spec computer, something that you will always find yourself needing, as a video editor, is storage. That’s why we’re going to look at the best external hard drives for video editing as a solution to limited storage space.