Best Internal Hard Drives for Video Editing – Here we looked at the best internal hard drives for video editing. We talked about spinning drives as well as various SSD drives.
Essentially, in order to choose the right drive, it is important to gauge your video editing needs particularly the format you work on, how many stream you have, and of course your overall budget.
1.Toshiba MG Series
- 3.5'' SATA or SAS Hard Drive
- 24/7 operation
- Toshiba Stable Platter Technology
- Persistent Write Cache technology
- Flexibility in block size and SIE and SED options
2.Crucial MX500 1TB
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95K/90K on all file types
- Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves all your saved work if the power unexpectedly gets cut
- Aes 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
- Crucial 5-year limited warranty
3.SAMSUNG 970 EVO
- INNOVATIVE V-NAND TECHNOLOGY: Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology, the 970 EVO Plus SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- BREAKTHROUGH READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB s and 3,300MB s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 IOPS Random Read. Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 ℃
- PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION AND DATA SECURITY: Seamless cloning and file transfers with Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Samsung’s Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: 5-year limited warranty or 600 TBW (Terabytes Written). Power consumption (Idle) - Max. 30 mW Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration. Voltage - 3.3 V 5 % Allowable voltage
- Note: Refer to the troubleshooting steps in product description.
4.Western Digital 1TB
- An industry leading 1.75M hours mean time to failure (MTTF) (1) and up to 600 terabytes written (TBW) (2) for enhanced reliability. | (1) MTTF = Mean Time To Failure based on internal testing using Telcordia stress part testing. (2) TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product capacity
- WD F.I.T. Lab certification for compatibility with a wide range of computers.
- Free downloadable software to monitor the status of your drive and clone a drive, or backup your data
- An active power draw up to 25% lower than previous generations of WD Blue SSD.
5.Seagate BarraCuda 6TB
- Store more, compute faster, and do it confidently with the proven reliability of BarraCuda internal hard drives
- Build a powerhouse gaming computer or desktop setup with a variety of capacities and form factors
- The go-to SATA hard drive solution for nearly every PC application—from music to video to photo editing to PC gaming
- Confidently rely on internal hard drive technology backed by 20 years of innovation
- Enjoy long-term peace of mind with the included two-year limited warranty
Best Internal Hard Drives for Video Editing – Video editing is a process that takes a toll on your computer. It is one of the most demanding task that can be done on a PC. Hence most professional studios invest a fortune in getting workstation grade rigs for themselves.
An internal hard drive is just one of many key components of the overall video editing setup. For a hard drive to be worthy of a professional editing rig it needs to be reliable, needs to have a high workload rating, and a good transfer speed.