Best Am Fm Radio Headsets – Hearing protection should never be taken lightly, especially if you work in an environment where the noise levels can get dangerously high. Remember, it only takes eight hours of exposure to noise that is as low as 85 decibels to cause irreparable hearing damage, so it is important to use ear protection all the time while working.
Apart from protecting your ears, radio headphones also provide entertainment while you are working. This can be very handy especially if your work is repetitive (for instance, a factory worker in an assembly line). Keeping yourself entertained while you work will make you more efficient.
The best pair of radio headphones can be really hard to come by, especially if you don’t actually know what qualities and features to keep an eye out for. With the facts and tips contained in this guide, you should now be able to browse the market on your own and make the very best purchase that will give you the most bang for your buck.back to menu ↑
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 24 dB
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY lets you seamlessly stream entertainment from your mobile phone and any other Bluetooth enabled device
- INTEGRATED MICROPHONE lets you make and take phone calls without removing the ear protection
- EXCELLENT AM/FM RADIO performance with clear sound and bass boost option for great listening
- AUDIO ASSIST TECHNOLOGY provides operational and set-up guidance–without having to take off the headset
back to menu ↑
- NOTE: Original Bluedio T2S Turbine Headphones sold by" Bluedio". 【GREAT SOUND】Bluedio engineers have spent two years in creating T2S Ultra-big speaker, diameter up to 2.24 inches, trying to bring you the best music experience: rich and strong bass, crisp and clear highs.
- 【BLUETOOTH / WIRED DOUBLE MODES】T2S Over-Ear Headset is not only a Bluetooth headset but also a wired headset. With the included cable, you can still enjoy favorite music when the battery runs low using 3.5mm audio cable.
- 【40 HOURS LONG TIME PLAY】Bluedio T2S Headphones adopts Bluetooth 4.1 Chip, which can transmit data at high speed and bring you smooth music experience. And its low power ensures long lasting battery life: up to 40 hours continuous music time.
- 【190° COOL ROTARY DESIGN】T2S, T is the abbr. for Turbine which we think can best stand for your endless passion and energy. And T2S wireless headphone is rotary, you can rotate the ear cup up to 195 Degree, easy to carry and save more space.
- 【COMFORTABLE TO WEAR】Its ear cup and headband top are padded with sufficient foam and covered with soft leather. What you may not notice is that we have adjusted the headband, based on Ergonomics theory, to fit all head sizes.
back to menu ↑
- AUX input jack can connect to MP3 players, mobile phones and other personal listening devices (cable included); no volume knobs or power switches; no batteries required
- Technologically advanced acoustical bass chamber enhances bass sounds that are typically absent in stereo earmuffs
- Patented Air Flow Control technology reduces sound across all frequencies without increasing earcup size or weight
- Lightweight earcup design and padded headband with reinforced fork slides provide comfortable all-day wear
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 25
back to menu ↑
- Digital AM/FM radio tuning with LCD display.
- 8 radio station presets per band.
- Use with any audio playing device. (Required 3.5mm auxiliary plug included)
- Soft, foam filled ear cups.
- Lightweight, durable construction.
- Adjustable, padded headband.
- Complies with CSA Z94.2 Class A
- 2 (TWO) 1.5v AA batteries required (not included)
- NRR 25dB
back to menu ↑
- Pocket portable radio receiver; support FM ; no AM
- 10 station presets; you can manually store five favorite stations; press the 0-9 keys to quickly select storage station
- Mono or stereo select-able; 15 level volume control; powered by 2 x AA batteries (not included)
- Favorite button; you can set up a regular listening frequency; after setting it successfully; you can listen it just press the M1 button; you do not need to spend too many steps to find your favorite radio station
- Supports external AUX cable for use as a computer headset; manual search and store the radio stations
back to menu ↑
- Country Of Origin: Taiwan, Province Of China
- Model Number: COM-660
- Item Package Dimension: 6.125" L x 4.375" W x 9.375" H
- Item Package Weight: 1.36875 lb
back to menu ↑
- Ultimate Protection Meets Great Sound - All-in-1 hearing protection and personal audio system with 25 dB noise reduction rating and Water-resistant all-weather design (IPX4 certified)
- Connectivity Covered - Seamlessly connect and send your music via easy-pair to Tough Sounds from any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- No Bluetooth? No Problem - A 1/8-inch (3.5mm) aux input accept audio signals from virtually any source, plus there’s even an on-board AM/FM Radio with 20 station pre-sets
- Long-life battery - Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery charges in just 2 hours providing an immense 20+ hours of pristine cordless sound (From Full Charge)
- Take A Call - Built-in mic is fully compatible with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone—perfect for staying in contact as you work
- Included components: Tough Sounds 2, Micro USB Charging Cable, Quickstart Guide
back to menu ↑
- Built-in directional microphones amplify range commands and other ambient sounds to a safe 82 dB, providing more natural listening and enhanced communication
- Actively listens and automatically shuts off amplification when ambient sound reaches 82 dB; Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22
- Features low profile earcups for firearm stock clearance; adjustable headband for secure fit; compact folding design for convenient storage; classic green color
- Includes AUX input and 3.5 mm connection cord for MP3 players and scanners. Integrated power/volume knob
- Includes 2 AAA batteries; automatic shut-off feature after 4 hours increases battery life; approximately 350 hours of battery life; works well and long with Polaroid AAA Batteries
back to menu ↑
- 【Bluetooth V4.1 Versions】CSR solution,HSP,HFP,A2DP,AVRCP Lets you wireless connect to compatible devices, including Apple iPhone 7/7plus/6S/6/6plus/5s/5c/4s/4c/3/2 iPAD iPod, Android Smart phone; Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/S3 Note 4/2/3; Galaxy Tablet; Nokia Toshiba Sony and BlackBerry Smart phone and devices.
- 【Space-saving foldable headband】Allows simple transport and storage included free travel pouch.
- 【Long Battery Life】Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery enables up to 7-8 hours of talk time or audio playback, Standby time up to 180 hours.
- 【Hands-Free Calling】Bluetooth headset builted-in micphone free your hands from Hand-held phone.
- 【Ergonomic over-ear design】With over-ear soft cushions helping to further reduce noise while provids a secure and comfortable wearing experience.
back to menu ↑
- Rugged, water-resistant stereo headphone radio
- Accurate, drift-free digital synthesized tuning
- Powerful speakers deliver high-quality sound
- Built-in digital clock and battery life indicator
- Cordless design with a dual adjustable headband
back to menu ↑
Best Am Fm Radio Headsets – BUYER’S GUIDE
Because you want to get out and about to enjoy your radio headphones, the charge time shouldn’t be significant. Some of the better products take only an hour or two to fully charge whilst others can give you two hours of use from a 15-minute charge.
Some radio headsets are designed to be used with rechargeable batteries whilst others can be plugged in via USB to charge. The latter is going to be more convenient in the long run, but whatever charging method they require, the battery life needs to last a while for you to use it often. There is nothing worse than grabbing your wireless headphones only to discover the batteries are flat.
Anything with 8 hours and above should give you what you need.
A radio headset is only as good as it is comfortable. There is no point buying something that you intend to wear for hours on end if they don’t feel right. The comfortable ear cushions should be thick enough to give you the comfort whilst having moisture-wicking capabilities so they are comfortable when you run or are found short in rainy weather.
Strength of Signal
Although the Bluetooth technology might allow you to listen to mp3s and the likes, you still need your radio headset to give you what its main purpose promises. Without a good signal, the FM radio function is lost. Some products are known for having a stronger signal so if this is what you are after, put it high on your list of priorities.
For some products, the sales will come just by offering something a little different. Unfortunately, these are the sort of gadgets that can be frustrating. You need to make sure the radio headset you are looking at is known for having a decent sound quality so it can be enjoyable to use.
For a radio headset to be a worthy purchase, it should be compatible with your smartphone. Most products come with Bluetooth compatibility which makes them great for listening to your own music between switching from station to station.
To get the most out of the headphones, they must have noise-canceling technology that shuts off the outside world so you can enjoy an immersive radio listening experience. This might be down to the shape of the ear muffs cupping the ears or just the padding but is a must for anyone who wants sound quality.
Not all radio headsets offer this but if the one you are looking at does, you can receive and make calls on your mobile via Bluetooth and use the radio headset.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular radio headphone brands?
Many different brands of protective radio headphones are currently available but not all of them can even be considered as “good”. If you want the best radio headphones, among the brands you can trust include 3M, Honeywell, ZOHAN, SAS, Stanley, PIXNOR, Retekess, and Walker’s.
I have tried a lot of different brands of radio headphones and honestly speaking, the ones mentioned y stood above the rest in terms of hearing protection and sound quality.
What are the best headphones for radio broadcasting?
If you are looking for protective headphones that have a good quality AM/FM radio, look for the ones that say they have digital AM/FM radios built-in. Analog radios are fine if you just want something to listen to in case you want to break the boring pace of your work.
However, if you want something that sounds good enough that you want to listen to it while you are just relaxing at home then digital radio is the way to go. What makes digital radio superior? For one thing, the sound quality is exponentially better.
If your earphones have excellent speakers or at least above-average ones, listening to digital FM radio will sound like you are listening to audio CDs. Also, if you like listening to AM radio, it will sound like you are listening to FM talk shows when you go digital.
With that said, make sure that your protective headphones have good sounding speakers, so you can fully appreciate the features and benefits of digital radio.
Are radio frequency headphones safe?
As long as the noise in the environment does not exceed 110 decibels, then yes, protective radio headphones can provide enough hearing protection. Most radio headphones are NIOSH-approved and come with NRR of 25 decibels.
The headphones are great as long as the headphones can lower the amount of noise that reaches your ears to significantly below 85 decibels (80 decibels ideally). For instance, if you work in a busy factory, which produces around 100 decibels of noise on average, wearing a radio headphone can lower the amount of noise you hear to just 75 decibels.
With that said, you should only use NIOSH-approved products. If the packaging of the headphones does not state its NRR then you should not use it for work.
Can wireless headphones connect to a radio?
Yes. Almost all protective radio headsets even have radio receivers built-in so they do not need to connect to an external radio. There are even many headphones that use digital radios that are much better than analog radios.
If you do not want to listen to the radio, they also have aux input jacks so you can connect your smartphone or MP3 player. Some even have Bluetooth so you can connect wirelessly.
How to set up and use radio headphones?
The only set up that you will need to do for wireless radio headphones is to search for and save your favorite radio stations. The directions to do this will depend on the brand of the headphones. Some have separate buttons for preset stations while others will require you to cycle through the saved presets.
Now, if you want to connect your headphones to your smartphone, the usual method is via the aux cable. Just plug one end into the auxiliary input jack in the headphones and the other end into the 3.5mm audio jack in your smartphone. This will automatically make all of the audio in your device play in the headphones.
What is the warranty?
Most headphone brands come with 30-day warranties against factory defects. You need to read the fine print regarding the warranty coverage. Some might provide coverage for user error while others will not. You also need to take note of if the user is responsible for the shipping and handling costs of the return.
Some brands provide satisfaction guarantees as a show of good faith to the customers. This means that, if for whatever reason, you are not fully satisfied with the product, you can return it for a complete refund, no questions asked. The products that offer this kind of warranty are often of superior quality, so keep an eye out for them.back to menu ↑
As you may already be aware, the biggest advantage that radio headphones have over their classic counterparts is the capacity to tune into AM/Fm frequencies. While many people prefer listening to their own playlists, radio headsets definitely have their advantages.
That said, let us point out that radio headphones differ quite a lot from one another in regards to their capabilities, which is reason enough for you to take the time and learn about the particularities of each radio headset style and what to look for when shopping for one. To give you some insight on the matter, we put together a list of the ten best radio headsets money can buy.