Best Audiophile Headsets – Bluetooth technology has been around for some time now. Bluetooth has made listening to music seamlessly easy. Having said that, when we are talking about audiophile headphones, we are talking about quality, studio-like sound. Bluetooth compatible devices are usually incapable of giving you that. You actually might find some of these headphones with a Bluetooth function but not a lot.
Now that you’ve read all these audiophile headphone reviews on the absolute best audiophile headphones available in 2021, you should have a pretty good idea of what you can get at certain price points.
This is just a baseline of the best audiophile headphones and doesn’t cover other options that you may end up liking more, so make sure to look into more models because there are so many out there.
An audiophile is a person who loves experiencing high-quality audio and is willing to pay more for (usually expensive) equipment and tools. Their hobby usually involves a lot of equipment testing (headphones and speakers), visiting audio tech shows, and spending a lot of time finding the next best audio high.back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBILITY - With one 3.5mm combo headphone and microphone connectors, it’s suitable for PlayStation 4, Tablet, PC, Laptop with 3.5mm combo headphone microphone port. An extra four-conductor adapter which is for more devices compatible is included.
- HANDS-FREE TALKING AND VOLUME CONTROL - The built-in microphone and volume control is to make sure you have better gaming experience.
- HIGH PRECISION 40MM DRIVER HEADPHONE - With excellent ambient noise isolation.
- SOFT EARMUFFS DESIGN – Ensure daily and longtime use.
- 6 FEET / 1.8 METERS LONG CABLE – The long cable lets you have more flexible when gaming. 8mm diameter durable wire design for longer life cycle.
back to menu ↑
- The centerpiece of the handcrafted Signature Pro is a 40-millimeter titanium plated sound transducer developed in-house. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Clear audio sound and detailed midrange and precise low-range frequency reproduction ensure rarely heard audio excellence.
- S-Logic Plus Technology; Dynamic principle, closed; Sound pressure level 98dB; 2 detachable cords with B-lock connections
- Hand made in Germany
- Signature Pro comes with a 5 year warranty
- This is an aftermarket of generic part
back to menu ↑
- Premium audio: Ultra-lightweight, digital in-ear stereo wired earphones delivering stunning studio-quality sound
- 10mm Large Earphone Drivers provide Crystal clear, Top audio performance with driving bass, tight mids and precision treble response for music you can feel
- Light weight headphones in ear helps enjoy full listening comfort with soft headphones earbuds, snug ear buds that conform instantly to your ears.
- Total comfort: Ergonomic ear tips that stay in for a secure fit each time. Special ear-canal design delivers superior ambient noise isolation
- Earphones are widely used in all kinds of jacks, cell phones, computers, music and other electronic entertainment devices
back to menu ↑
- Nanometer Thickness Diaphragm:The planar driver in HIFIMAN’s Arya headphone evenly covers the surface of the diaphragm, resulting in distortion-free listening.
- Advanced Asymmetrical Magnet Circuit:Years of research into planar driver optimizations led HIFIMAN to utilize an asymmetric design with smaller magnets on the side facing the ear, reducing interference in sound wave transmissions from the diaphragm.
- Patented “Window Shade” System:Created to meet the need for driver protection and an optimized open-back design.
- Metal and High-Grade Plastic Construction:HIFIMAN designed the Arya’s high-quality metal headband with extra strength and a special high-grade plastic for lightweight comfort and rugged durability.
- Bold Black Aesthetic: Arya is a statement of both aesthetic and sonic excellence.
back to menu ↑
- 4OurEars is the only Grado Authorized Amazon Reseller
- Uses 50mm dynamic transducers and the new 12 conductor cable design
- Hand-crafted mahogany earpieces
- Warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end
- Manufacturers Warranty is only applicable in the US
back to menu ↑
- Legendary acoustic design meets TRUE WIRELESS FREEDOM
- Get the best of both worlds with DETACHABLE TECHNOLOGY
- Save instantly on a COMPLETE BUNDLED SOLUTION that includes AONIC Detachable Sound Isolating Earphones, a wired RMCE-UNI communication cable and the True Wireless Secure Fit Adapters;
- Spacious, remarkable sound with clean, natural bass through three high-definition balanced armature drivers; Experience comfort and immersive, customizable audio with selectable frequency response;
back to menu ↑
- Genuine Pioneer balanced audio cable for SE-CH9T headphones (SE-CH9T Headphones sold separately)
- Uses MMCX connectors
- Braided design helps minimize electronic noise
- Gold-plated, oxidation resistant 2.5 mm (3/32˝) 4-pole Plug and connectors
- Cable length 1.2 M (4 ft.)
back to menu ↑
- Hi-res Audio Certified with extended response frequencies
- Engineered double layered ear-shells with pre-tilted speaker plates
- 50 mm high definition neodymium drivers with LMC diaphragm
- Acoustic open-back architecture
- Replaceable deluxe memory foam ear-pads with breathable velour finishing
- Lightweight self-adjustable hammock with 3D mesh and genuine leather outer headband
- 3.5mm detachable oxygen-free cable (3m) 3 5 mm to 6 3 mm adapter and cable management clip included
- Connector Type: 3. 5Mm Stereo; 1/4-Inch
back to menu ↑
9.Bang & Olufsen
- EASY LISTENING: Adjust the volume, change tracks and take calls with on-device touch controls. Enjoy added convenience with the proximity sensor that pauses playback when headphones are removed and resumes when placed back on.
- Frequency response - 20-20,000Hz and Impedance - 16 Ohms
- Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity: 770 mAh
back to menu ↑
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause/play/skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- Superior call quality with precise voice pickup
- Wearing detection pauses playback when headphones are removed
- Seamless multiple-device pairing
- Adaptive Sound Control provides a personalized listening experience
- Updated design relieves pressure for long-lasting comfort
back to menu ↑
Best Audiophile Headsets – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
The frequency range on audiophile varies from one product to another. While the human hearing is limited at 20 KHz, some audiophile headphones can produce up to 40 KHz of frequency. Frequency range has little to do with the quality of the audio but a wider range means you will be able to listen to a wide range of music.back to menu ↑
If you are an audiophile you are not really thinking about the price but the quality. These headphones are very pricey indeed but still, the price ranges vary greatly. You should be ready to spend at least $500 on a pair of headphones that qualify as an audiophile. The other end of the spectrum is quite open so to speak as there are headphones with a price tag of $5000 too.
The more money you pay, the more features and quality you would get. But that does not mean that those at the lower end are not any good. You can get high fidelity sound from such headphones especially if they are from a known brand name like Sennheiser or Final.back to menu ↑
Some headphones come with storing cases too made from equally high-quality materials as the headphones themselves. While it is not something that affects the quality of the headphone, it does, however, provide protection and convenience. When you are buying something as expensive as an audiophile headphone you should make sure it is properly stored. If the headphone set you have your eyes on does not include a case, do not worry as these can be purchased separately.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
What Does the Term Audiophile Refer To?
We have already explained it briefly in the reviews above – here is the detail. Audiophile is the term used for someone who is into high fidelity sound. Fidelity roughly translates into quality of the audio signal. So in simpler words, audiophile is a person who loves music a lot and wants to hear the best reproduction of it with maximum accuracy and minimum distortion. An audiophile can be referred to basically all stages of music like recording, production, and playback. This term is also used with audio equipment designed for such individuals like audiophile headphones.back to menu ↑
What Are Audiophile Headphones?
Audiophile headphones are high fidelity headphones custom made from only the highest quality components. These are truly luxury audio devices that reproduce sound signals with the highest possible accuracy. These are over the ear with either closed-back or open-back. Made using high-grade materials like aluminum and titanium and using only the latest technology, these types of products are targeted at those who understand music and prefer quality over everything.
These premium quality headphones have hefty prices of course as each and every component is high-quality. They can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. You can find such headsets from brands like Sennheiser, Focal, Final and Audeze. While the style and some secondary features may differ between different audiophile headphones, the audio is high-quality on all of them.back to menu ↑
What are some of the other terminology associated with Audiophiles and Headphones?
If you know the different terms used with headphones, it becomes easier to find the best product. Here are some terms you will find with audiophile headphones:
Drivers are the magnets that convert the digital signal to audio signal through vibration. Driver sizes differ and usually correspond with the headphone’s own size. The larger the driver the better it is at reproducing lower frequencies.
This means that the driver has a seal behind it which protects outside noise from entering the ear cup space. closed back are not as accurate though as compared with their counterpart the open-back.
Open-back headphones have no seal over the driver so they produce a wide sound range quite accurately.
The resistance in the headphones is called the impedance which is measured in Ohms. The lower the impedance the louder the sound would be.
Soundstage is the audio picture the headphones create for the listener. When the soundstage is wide you can distinctly hear different instruments and feel the distance between them. This is one of the things about audiophile headphones that make them stand out from others as the latter tend to sound a bit more compressed.
When some sounds escape the headphones during recordings and get picked up by the microphone, the sound gets unpleasant. This phenomenon is termed as a head-phone bleed.
The pads on the ear cups block external noise from entering the headphones and interfering with the audio. This is called sound isolation and is present on virtually all audiophile headphones.back to menu ↑
Are there different headphones for different styles of music?
Some sound better with some particular genres of music. In the context of audiophile headphones, the style and inner components may optimize some styles of music. For instance, both open-back and closed-back should work great with rock music as this style of music is highly versatile. For music that has a lot of bass in it, you will need a headphone with a large driver preferably 50 mm. This is because larger drivers produce lower frequencies better.
Similarly, you will need a bigger driver for most EDM tracks. They are quite rich in both high and low frequencies so regardless of the type of headphone, the driver should be big. Jazz music is a bit more complex and to find the most suitable type of headphone you will have to dig deeper. You will definitely need a product that has more controlled highs and smooth lows. In-ear earbuds may sound a lot better for such form of music as it is able to reproduce details of instruments.
Therefore different models can produce better output for some styles or genres of music. However, with the audiophile headphone, you can be sure about the high fidelity of the sound. Regardless of the genre, you will listen to most, this type of headphone will ensure that the sound is accurate and distortion free and any genre would sound great in such conditions.back to menu ↑
How do you choose the best high-end Audiophile Headphones?
Buying an audiophile headphone is no different from making an investment. You have to see the long term benefits and check out every little detail of the product at hand. This is because you will be spending a lot of money on this headset so you should be careful.
First of all, you need to decide on a budget because that will make things far easier. Audiophile headphone prices vary greatly as you can find a headphone for say $100 and another for $4000.
Once you have decided your range, only look for items in this range. You will have different kinds, with different driver sizes and frequency response. Think about the kind of music you listen to most and find out which of the components on these headphones are optimized for the style of music you like.
Check out other secondary features and specifications like impedance, THD and connections provided. Now compare different models to see which offers the most in the least price. The last part is only applicable if you have a predefined budget. If money is not a constraint, you can choose the most expensive one too. Although, we recommend going for the one most suitable for your needs whether it is the priciest one or not.
Sound quality is the ultimate criteria for choosing the headphones and for that you should refer to user reviews. Those who have used these products before can vouch for its high fidelity. The brand name is also another surety about sound quality as some brand names are known for their high fidelity sound.
We hope that our reviews above will surely help you make the right choice.back to menu ↑
These headphones reproduce sound signals as they were produced through components made from only the best materials and can be wired or wireless. Using the most advanced technology, audiophile headphones ensure zero distortion and are capable of reproducing the most complex music signals. There are numerous headphone brands producing these crème de la crème. The best audiophile headphone will be something you will take pride in owning. You’re at the right place if you are looking to buy expensive headphones in 2021 . If you’re on a budget, you can see the top over ear headphones under 100 dollars here.