Best Bluetooth Headsets for Cycling – Though we encourage the use of headphones when cycling, we cannot stress the importance of staying vigilant at all times enough. We’ve put together a short list of the key elements to consider when choosing to utilise headphones while cycling.
The best headphones for riding a bike should be durable thanks to reliable materials, water-resistant and comfortable after all. They also need to sound well delivering you an amazing listening experience on the move. If you’re after bass, you can also find the relevant models amongst the gear presented here.
The presented models can also impress with the battery life and super portable charging case expanding the listening time drastically. However, it’s up to you to decide whether isolation is necessary since safety in riding is important.back to menu ↑
- Custom Adjustable Fit For Any Ear Size- We've developed special ear hooks that bend and keep the shape you want, giving you the most comfortable fit that's custom-molded to your ear. The adjustable flexible ear-hooks will stay firmly in place as you run.
- Unique-HD Sound For Increased Energy - Our new wireless Bluetooth running headphones will add fun to your run and make your workout truly effective. Newest Bluetooth 5 technology with True-HD sound and bass boost function will also boost up your energy.
- Perfect Run In Any Weather - Our IPX7 waterproof running noise cancelling earbuds are the ideal sports earbuds for your most-challenging athletic activities. Now, there is no excuse to put off your exercise. Kick into gear with TREBLAB and go workout!
- Lets You Focus On Your Workout - XR700 sports earbuds provide noise isolation to seal out annoying background noises. Their super-comfy ear tips allow you to comfortably envelope yourself in music, so you can block out the rest of the world.
- You Will 100% Love The XR700 Or It's On Us – Our earbuds will make you happy or we'll get you a full refund! You also get 1-Year Warranty and Lifetime Support. For California Residents Only: Warning - Cancer and Reproductive Harm – P65Warnings ca gov.
back to menu ↑
- WIRELESS EARBUDS – Jabra Elite 75t is engineered to fit; Making and taking calls is always a great experience, wherever you are, thanks to enhanced 4-microphone call technology which filters out wind and other disruptive noises around you
- Compact comfort – Designed and tested for a secure fit, the Jabra Elite 75t features a new smaller design that provides an ideal fit for every type of ear while the ergonomic shape makes them exceptionally comfortable
- NO AUDIO DROPOUTS – With Jabra 4th generation true wireless connection, your music and calls will be stable, with no wires to get in the way; With these Bluetooth earbuds, you can enjoy conversations and music with no audio dropouts or interruptions
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: With these noise cancelling earbuds, you can filter out the world and focus on your music; Use the Sound plus App to activate ANC the first time you use it and enable toggling between ANC and Hear Through via your Earbud button
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – With Jabra Elite 75t wireless Bluetooth earbuds, you get up to 24 hours of battery time (ANC on) with the pocket-friendly charging case, the Elite 75t earphones let you take calls and play music while staying connected
back to menu ↑
- Open-Ear Design - Patented bone conduction headphones deliver premium audio through the cheekbone. Unlike over ear headphones, Aeropex keeps you connected and aware of your surroundings.
- Lightweight & Comfortable - Experience unmatched comfort with our most lightweight and comfortable sport headset, featuring a bud-free, pain-free design for all-day listening.
- 8-Hours of Music & Calls - Enjoy 8 continuous hours of music or podcasts, plus dual noise-canceling mics for crystal clear calls.
- IP67 Waterproof Rating - Completely sweat and waterproof earphones for workouts, fitness and running. Moisture detection alert included for safe charging. (Not suitable for swimming)
- Wireless Convenience - Easy multipoint Bluetooth pairing with iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready devices. Multifunction Button to play, pause, skip, activate voice assistant, answer calls, etc.with one click.
back to menu ↑
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and Auto Play/Pause
- What's in the box: Powerbeats Pro totally wireless earphones, Charging case, Eartips with four size options, Lightning to USB-A charging cable, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card
- Powerbeats Pro in Black availability begins in May. Ivory, Moss and Navy will be available this summer. Color availability is subject to change
back to menu ↑
- TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS: Bluetooth true wireless earbuds with clear audio in both ears that won’t fall out of your ears whether you’re commuting or working out; comes with two sizes of silicone eartips and 1-year warranty.
- ULTIMATE TOUCH CONTROLS: A touch of your finger on the stems of the earbuds combined with their in-ear detection allows you to control your audio on the go.
- WATER AND DUST RESISTANT: With a IPX5 dust and waterproof rating, these earbuds will withstand rain, sweat and the wear and tear of sports and working out.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: 4 hours of battery on a single charge and get up to 14h extra battery life from charging case, giving it a total of 18 hours of listening time.
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Long press right earbud for two seconds on the stem to access your voice assistant to control your music, make calls, receive notifications and more when you’re on the move.
back to menu ↑
- AUTO ON & CONNECT: The JBuds Air automatically turn on and connect to each other once taken out of their charging case so you can keep going hassle-free.
- CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: A Class 1 Bluetooth 5.0 connection keeps you going for 6+ hours in each earbud plus 18 extra hours of charge in the case, that’s about 24 hours of your favorite music or podcast. *Since launch the JBuds Air have included Bluetooth 5. The package wasn't updated in time for the launch so note that your package may say Bluetooth 4.2. Enjoy the upgraded Bluetooth 5.
- CUSTOM EQ3 SOUND: You control the sound. Tune the JBuds Air sound to your personal preferences with JLab Signature, Balanced and Bass Boost modes – without an app.
- CONTROL IT ALL: Control all your music and volume with a push or two on the outside of the earbud. Utilize the built-in microphone to activate Siri, Google Assistant, and other voice assistants, or take phone calls and keep GOing on the move.
- EVERYDAY PROOF / POCKET SIZE: An IP55 sweat resistance helps the earbuds hold up against moisture and dirt so you never have to worry during any hobby, travel, or workout. Extra eartips and Cush Fins help keep the comfort perfect and reliable for your everyday needs. Compact, but sturdy, the JBuds Air included charging case will fit in any bag or jacket pocket you’re taking on-the-GO with you. Lights on the outside will indicate how much power you have left before your next charge.
back to menu ↑
- Expertly Tuned Graphene Drivers: As graphene’s earliest pioneers, we have used our experience to create a new driver for Liberty Neo wireless earbuds that takes full advantage of the material’s remarkable properties. 100 times harder than steel and 35% lighter than traditional driver diaphragms, it oscillates with extreme precision to give your music a wider soundstage with exceptional accuracy and crystal-clear clarity across the entire frequency range.
- Bass You Can Feel: Our exclusive BassUp technology analyzes your audio’s low frequencies in real-time and instantly increases the bass by up to 43%. Stop simply listening to your music, and start really feeling it.
- Unbreakable Connectivity: An external antenna combines with Bluetooth 5.0 to create an almost unbreakable link between your wireless earbuds and your device—even in busy places. No skips, no drops.
- IPX7 Protection: SweatGuard protection creates a watertight barrier for the wireless earbuds against rain and sweat. It even resists water from the tap when you’re washing away the sweat after a hardcore workout.
- Power a Week of Listening: Using our Anker heritage and high-efficiency power cells, Liberty Neo delivers over 5 hours of wireless playtime from a single charge and an extra 15 hours from the compact charging case.
back to menu ↑
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive stay hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the user guide before use
back to menu ↑
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- The Wireless Charging Case delivers more than 24 hours of battery life
back to menu ↑
10.Sony Extra Bass
- Get a secure fit when running - adjustable loop hangers clip securely to your ears so you can really get your body moving to the beat
- Sound to drive your workout with a 13.5 mm driver - when you're feeling the strain in those final workout minutes, pure, energised sound keeps you going until the very end
- Hear every detail crisp and clear - with 104 dB/mW sensitivity and a frequency range of 17-22,000 Hz, turn up the volume and hear pure detail
- Ready for rain, sweat or spray - when the rain beats down, splash proof headphones will keep on playing throughout your training
- Get flexible with a 1.2 m cord - free up your movement with a cord that's long enough for the treadmill or the streets
back to menu ↑
Best Bluetooth Headsets for Cycling – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Safety is paramount, especially for road cyclists who need to hear the world around them.
Don’t take any chances of not being able to hear background noise like traffic noise and car horns.
Keep the volume low enough, so you can still hear the oncoming cars. It’s dangerous to do otherwise.
Active noise-canceling headphones are impressive, but shouldn’t be used at the expense of having your wits about you when cycling with headphones.
Most Bluetooth earbuds and true wireless earbuds don’t totally block out sound, so you should still be able to hear some traffic.
For peace of mind, though, the best bone conduction headphones keep your ear canals uncovered and the sound vibrates via your cheekbones. Bone conduction technology is an excellent solution for cyclists.
Is it even legal to wear headphones when riding a bike?back to menu ↑
Cycling can be quite strenuous and fast. Whenever there is a lot of movement, we recommend specific sports headphones.
This means headphones which are designed to stay in place even while you’re active.
You should be looking mainly at in-ear headphones, as they aren’t overly bulky.
On-ear and over-ear headphones are generally a no-go (plus won’t fit under a helmet).
An in-ear design with ear wings or ear hooks that stays in the ears is important for uninterrupted listening.back to menu ↑
Replacing headphones every few months because they’ve broken is a pain.
A durable set of headphones is essential if you are using them for something active.
You might sweat a lot or get caught in the worst weather conditions. Therefore, at least sweat resistance is essential.
Therefore water-resistant headphones are a must (look for a high IPX rating).
They can potentially get scraped or thrown around a bit.
If you cycle a lot, and on challenging terrains, think about getting some durable earbuds or headphones.back to menu ↑
Wired vs. Wireless
Choosing wired headphones can save you the hassle of charging but can tangle when moving.
Some cyclists don’t mind wires, especially if you’re cycling on a stationary bike (when movement is more uniform).
Even so, wireless headphones have come a long way in recent years and have a lot to offer to active people, including cyclists.
Key features of wireless headphones:
- Not getting in the way since there are no wires, perfect freedom
- You can keep your music device (smartphone) in a bag instead of attached
- Often sweatproof or even waterproof
- All have convenient controls and microphone for phone calls
- You need to charge them regularly
Obviously, the lack of cable is the main plus point, and so is the fact that you don’t have to have your music device attached.
You can keep it in your backpack if you like. Also, you can use voice control on some of the headphones we’ve reviewed for even easier control.back to menu ↑
Battery and Bluetooth
If you are going down the wireless route, think carefully about what battery lives will suit your biking routine.
You don’t want the lithium battery to die in the middle of a tour, especially if you like to cycle long distances.
Nonetheless, the Bluetooth connection is reliable enough to make sure the sound is constant with no interruptions.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Can cyclists wear headphones?
Sports lovers can wear headphones while riding a bike and enjoy the beats. However, it’s crucial to pick the best Bluetooth headphones for biking since not every pair is convenient for such activity. In this case, a cyclist should pay attention to a fit, water-resistance, sound quality, noise isolation, and the battery life. These are the main characteristics that will define a successful user experience.
Is It Dangerous To Wear Headphones Cycling?
Cycling and meantime wearing headphones might be dangerous if they isolate absolutely a cyclist from the outside world. Since this kind of activity requires situational awareness, user should rather look for passive noise isolation. The majority of the best wireless headphones for biking allows the surroundings being heard for users’ safety.
Can I listen to music while cycling?
You can listen to music while cycling and still be aware of what’s going on around. You can adjust the volume level so that you can enjoy the tracks and meantime hear the surroundings. Some of the best earphones for cycling come with the apps that allow customizing the sound profile and noise invasion level.
Is it comfortable To Wear Headphones Cycling?
It is absolutely comfortable to wear headphones when cycling if they provide a secure fit. To achieve that, they might come with the ear-hooks, ear-tips and an adjustable band. The best bicycle headphones always come with the accessories that help the users find an ideal fitting since they consider people’s lifestyle and related needs.back to menu ↑
So we decided to explore what the market has to offer when it comes to cycling headphones, earphones, and wireless Bluetooth earbuds.
We have to be clear about the fact that none of these headphones are specifically meant for biking, what we list here are the best sports headphones that, in our opinion, will work well for cycling, which means with a helmet on and constant wind-noise.