Best Bluetooth Headsets for Motorcycle – After hearing many riders complain about problems they’ve had with their cheap motorcycle intercoms (and then ditching them to buy better quality units), I’ve got to say that the Sena SMH5 is probably the best choice for most riders.
The Sena SMH5 is more affordable than other Sena units yet still has all of the features you need to communicate safely and reliably.
Since its Universal Bluetooth means it can pair with other models of Bluetooth intercoms, you don’t even have to worry if your riding mates don’t also have a Sena.
A motorcycle intercom is a device that lets you talk to someone else while riding. Depending on the type of intercom, that someone else can be a passenger, a fellow rider, or many other riders.back to menu ↑
- Natural Voice - With our all-new, always-on, natural voice operation feature, you will never have to press a button, turn a wheel or move a slider again, because we have just empowered your voice.
- Sound By JBL - Music and motorcycling are both great passions. Cardo-JBL partnership delivers – for the very first time – an ultimate listening experience
- DMC - Dynamic Mesh Communication (DMC) solves all Bluetooth usual pains and turns PACKTALK BOLD into the most capable motorcycle communication system in the world.
- General Features - Waterproof and Dustproof, Bluetooth 4. 1, Up to 13 hours talk time and up to 1. 6 km bike to bike range, Interchangeable boom and corded microphone options, Self-adjusting volume, Built-in FM radio. *To use with Half Helmets please purchase the Cardo Half helmet kit
back to menu ↑
- The world leader in motorcycle communicators. Connecting riders since 2004. Enjoy genuine group riding like never before, with the game-changing DMC Technology. Break the Bluetooth connectivity limitations and move freely among your buddies, without the need to maintain your position in the group.
- Parallel Audio Streaming - Conduct Intercom conversations and listen to music/radio/GPS instructions at the same time.
- Universal pairing to conduct intercom conversations with non-Cardo headsets
- Remote control and easy setup via Cardo Connect app
- Waterproof and Dustproof, Bluetooth 4.1, 13 hour talk time, Interchangeable boom and corded microphone options, Self-adjusting volume, Built-in FM radio
back to menu ↑
3.Giveet Bluetooth Headset
- ➤ NOISE CANCELLING BLUETOOTH HEADSET -- The flexible microphone enabled the newest noise cancelling tech. It can pick up your voice exactly and block the noise from the surround,ensure your crystal-clear conversations even in noisy environment.
- ➤ MULTIPOINT AND WIDE COMPATIBILITY -- Multipoint Connection enables you to connect with 2 devices simultaneously at the range of 33ft(10M). You can switch the usage of the headset from one device to another easily. This feature is very practical if you have 2 smartphones or other devices. And Bluetooth V5.0 can pair with any bluetooth-enabled devices,include android and IOS devices.
- ➤ ERGONOMIC DESIGN -- The headset weights 1.8 oz, lighter than an egg and will not cause the feeling of overwhelming on your head, and offers you an ultra comfortable experience for extended periods of time wearing. Enjoy extended comfort with padded and flexible headband and 330 ° rotating microphones.
- ➤ CHARGING BASE & LONG-LASTING BATTEREY -- The Giveet headset comes with a sleek charging base. The headset can keep 17H talk time (50% volume) and 200 hours standby time on every single charge, and the headset can be charged by connecting the charging box with a micro USB., which means you can focus on your work.
- ➤ STRONG GUARANTEE -- This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the Radio frequency devices. Giveet offers 60 days money back & 2-year replacement warranty on all headsets (including batteries), you never have to worry about the quality of your office headset.
back to menu ↑
- Mesh 2.0 Intercom lets you communicate with other riders within a range of up to 5 miles / 8 km (min. 6 riders at 1 mi / 1.6 km intervals)
- Multi-Channel Open Mesh allows communication with a near-limitless number of riders and lets you switch between 9 channels. Group Mesh supports up to 24 participants in a private group
- Bluetooth 5 connectivity to your smartphone for access to music, phone calls, GPS navigation
- Voice-activated digital assistant access to utilize a smartphone's hands-free functions ("Hey Siri" / "Hey Google")
- Upgraded HD Speakers optimized for audio quality, delivering a boost in volume, bass, and clarity. Includes a WiFi Cable to charge the device and to automatically download/install firmware updates via WiFi connectivity.
back to menu ↑
- 50S - Redefining Your Connections.A New Apex.It's time for an all-new experience of riding connected.
- The Sena 50S Mesh 2.0 Intercom brings significant advancements to motorcycle communication.
- With an exceptional communication network and finely-tuned high-definition speakers, the 50S continues the goal of keeping riders connected on their journey.Mesh 2.0: Robust reliability.One-Click-to-Connect Mesh Intercom™, with superior audio qualit
- Sena's 50S units actively share information between each other within the Mesh 2.0 network at an astounding rate.
- An ingenious system of prompts and responses between the Mesh 2.0 units has resulted in 80% more data being transferred across challenging and harsh conditions.
back to menu ↑
- The 20s Evo is the next generation of the original 20s, with an updated design and improved intercom functionality and stability to keep up with your ride
- This sleek new antenna design improves upon intercom stability
- The 20s Evo was designed with a fixed type, shark fin antenna as opposed to its predecessor with the flip up antenna
- Fit type: Universal
back to menu ↑
- Long-range music sharing and intercom for motorcyclists--up to 900 meters (980 yards)
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity to listen to and share music, make phone calls with speed dialing, and participate in a four-way intercom conversation
- Advanced Noise Control technology cuts down on background noise for both incoming and outgoing audio
- Universal Intercom protocol for cross-brand intercom compatibility
- Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of stand-by time on a single charge
- Operating Temperature: -10˚C - 55˚C (14°F - 131°F)
back to menu ↑
8.Cardo FREECOM 2 Plus
- 2-Way Rider to Rider Intercom . The world leader in motorcycle communicators, Connecting riders since 2004. Full 2-way Bluetooth intercom communication system with bike-to-bike conferencing at a range of up to 500m/0. 3mi.
- 40mm HD Speakers. Powerful, 40mm-wide, high-definition speakers and a specially-tuned audio processor deliver a sound experience like no other. Motorcycle Helmet sound done right.
- Slim ergonomic design. With only 16mm top to bottom, the FREECOM 2+ Slim line design, makes the other Motorcycle Bluetooth headsets look like blunt tools.
- Waterproof and Dustproof. It doesn’t matter if you ride in Rain, dust, mud or snow. The unit is both waterproof and dustproof (IP67), suitable for motorcycle riding in all weather conditions.
- General features. Bluetooth 4. 1, 13 hours talk time, Interchangeable boom and corded microphone options, Self-adjusting volume, Built-in FM radio. Mobile Conferencing, VOX (hands-free operation to call answering and intercom activation). *To use with Half Helmets please purchase the FREECOM Half helmet kit
back to menu ↑
- GDM HyperSonic Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset with Intercom Communication features Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity to your smartphone for access to music, phone calls, GPS navigation, and Voice-activated digital assistant access to utilize smartphone's hands-free functions.
- GDM HyperSonic bluetooth motorcycle helmet headset's intercom feature allows 2 riders to share the riding experience and enjoy conversation at an intercom range of 100 meters.
- Premium HiFi stereo speakers for clear audio and sound quality on music and phone calls. Features advanced Noise cancellation technology to reduce background noise.
- Up to 12 of hours music/talk time, and 120 hours of standby time on single charge. GDM HyperSonic Bluetooth headset is waterproof and can be used in all weather conditions.
- Bluetooth 5.0 Technology Offers Riders Single Button Control for Hands-Free Calling, Answering, Rejecting Incoming Phone Calls, Listening to Music (Play/Pause, Previous/ Next Track), FM Radio and GPS Navigation Audio. With Built-In Stereo Speakers and Wind Resistant Noise-Canceling Microphone, It Allows Bikers to Conduct Calls or Listening to Music or Voice Command Clearly.
back to menu ↑
- Talk time: 7 hours; Stand-by time: 6 days
- Fit type: Universal.Do not clean the product with cleaning solvents, toxic chemicals, or strong detergents as this may damage the product
- Package Dimension : 8.4 cms L x 15.2 cms W x 25.4 cms H
- Package Weight: 0.544 kilograms
back to menu ↑
Best Bluetooth Headsets for Motorcycle – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Sound Quality & Voice Control
It’s good to have a nice chat with your friends that are riding along with you over the mobile Bluetooth connection or receiving an important call even while riding your bike. But, sometimes, low audio quality and the rushing wind make it very difficult to hear the voice of the person on the other end of the phone. Not only that, but traffic also interferes with keeping conversations noise-free. So, we would recommend that you choose the motorcycle Bluetooth headset with the best audio quality and has advanced noise control technology to block out the ambient noise.
It’s very important, you know?
Whether you are listening to music, taking a call, or getting audio GPS guidance, everything requires a good sound quality, which makes it easy to hear everything with clarity.back to menu ↑
Range of the Connection
If you ride in a group quite often, then you understand the importance of communicating with fellow riders while on long trips. An audio device like a Bluetooth headset simplifies this by making an intercom connection with your riding buddies within a certain range. And that “range” matters when you want a stable connection where you can communicate without any interference and voice break-up. And it is only possible when your motorcycle Bluetooth headset has a good range that allows you to communicate with ease.
It is a very important tech specification that you must count on when choosing a Bluetooth headset.back to menu ↑
Warranty & Customer Service
This is “one thing” that really makes the shopping complete by providing you with peace of mind. So, don’t be shy about asking about the warranty replacement procedure or checking the user manual. Because warranties may not apply in all cases. It depends on various factors.
Plus, it gives us assurance and satisfaction of raising a complaint/request in case an issue occurs with the headset. If it falls under replacement, then the warranty will definitely be worth it.back to menu ↑
Installation & Ease of Use
And lastly, make sure that the headset you choose is easy to install in a helmet and operates easily, even with motorcycle gloves on.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is It Safe to Ride Your Motorcycle with a Bluetooth Headset?
It is completely safe and legal to use a Bluetooth headset while riding your bike. However, you must always pay enough attention to the road. Also, you should never operate the headset at maximum speed or in heavy traffic.
Q: Can You Listen to Music While Riding a Motorcycle?
Yes! It is absolutely legal to ride a motorcycle and listen to music at the same time. Listening to music can be quite relaxing. So, why not play some of your favorite songs and enjoy your ride even more? Keep in mind that the volume should never be too loud, otherwise you won’t able to hear the sounds of your surroundings.
Q: What is the Best Bluetooth Headset for a Motorcycle Half Helmet?
While wearing a motorcycle half helmet, it is better to use a low-profile Bluetooth headset such as the Sena SMH10R or Sena SPH10H-FM. You should consider one of these headsets if you want your half helmet remain as lightweight as possible. These units are very slim and their shapes are specifically designed for half-face helmets.
Q: Which One is Better, Cardo or Sena?
Well, this question is not that easy to answer. Some people prefer Sena while others are much happier with their Cardo units. Both of these brands offer great Bluetooth communication devices with innovative features such the Mesh network and noise-cancelling technology.
About a decade ago, Sena used to be the most popular brand because there wasn’t much competition on the market. But, times have changed and Cardo now offers a large selection of motorcycle Bluetooth headsets that can not only compete with the Sena devices, but even beat them in some aspects.
Generally, Cardo units are considered a better value for money. However, Sena headsets are now often on sale and they have a more refined design in my opinion.back to menu ↑
Headset tech has come a long way in recent years, with the best Bluetooth motorcycle intercoms offering a dizzying array of settings and features.
There’s a huge selection to choose from, and we’ve spent dozens of hours making a shortlist of the best options in each category.