Best Cell Phone Headsets With Microphone – Choosing the best earbuds with microphone is no cakewalk as there’s just so many considerations between you and an informed choice. Nevertheless, we hope this guide has been informative and insightful enough to at least help you narrow your options and decide on the perfect earbuds with mic for you.
A headset is optimized for conversation, so you can talk on your phone (or another Bluetooth device) hands-free. Headsets often have other controls, like a button to answer calls, so you can use your phone’s voice assistant.
When you’re shopping for a Bluetooth headset, you’ll find hundreds of different types and styles from a number of different brands. It can be tough to sort through all the fluff and find a quality product that fits your needs, but if you choose a headset with a long battery life, good noise cancellation, water resistance, and the right features and accessories, you should find a headset that’s right for you.
Pros & Cons
- PROFESSIONAL HEADSET – The Jabra Evolve 40 pro headset is built for greater productivity and amazing sound quality for calls and music. Regulatory Approvals: CE, FCC, KCC, RCM, UL
- BE MORE PRODUCTIVE – Stay in the zone and avoid interruptions thanks to the busylight that automatically turns on during a call to let others know to not disturb you. It can also be manually activated so you can stay focused when needed.
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY – The 3.5mm jack lets you connect this Jabra headset to your personal device, such as a smartphone or table, so you can work or listen to music wherever you are. It also has a USB connector for even more flexibility.
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – The on-the-ear design along with the leather-feel cushions provide all-day comfort. Plus, simply wearing them eliminates high-frequency noises, such as human voices, to help you stay comfortable and connected.
- COMPATIBILITY – This office headset works with all leading UC platforms. Certified for Skype for Business, Cisco, and more. It is also compatible with all of the most popular online voice call services.
2.Plantronics – Voyager
Pros & Cons
- CLEAR AUDIO QUALITY: Take conversations on the go or on the road with confidence, thanks to your headset’s six layers of exclusive WindSmart technology and four noise-canceling, omnidirectional microphones.
- CONNECTIVITY & MOBILITY: Connect your mobile device or tablet through Bluetooth 5.0 and move freely with up to a 98 ft (30 m) range and up to 7 hours of talk time; and with multipoint technology, you’ll enjoy the convenience of having up to two phones connected at once.
- PORTABLE & COMFORTABLE: The ergonomic design means you’ll feel just as comfortable during your first call as your last call; plus, it’s both pocket-sized and sports a moisture-resistant P2i coating—the ideal combo for taking calls outdoors.
- HANDS-FREE: Limit distractions with such features as caller ID and talk-time alerts, voice controls like Answer or Ignore, and a dedicated button for Siri, Google Assistant, or Cortana.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with iPhone, Android, and other leading smartphones.
- INCLUDED COMPONENTS: Mono Bluetooth headset, micro USB to USB-A charging cable, and ear tips (Small, Medium, Large).
Pros & Cons
- Ultra durable headset with reliable structure, build for last. Six levels of adjustability and a lightweight design ensure all day comfortable wearing. You can even pull or bend the headband for personal optimal fit.
- Compatible with iPhone, Smartphones and any audio devices with 3.5mm Jack, for iPhone 7 or Newer Model, Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter is required (Supplied by Apple).
- HD Voice for Clear Communication: Wideband Sound cell phone headset enables natural listening experience, noise canceling microphone provides greater focus and concentration by blocking background noise, plus acoustic Shock Protection to protect your hearing. Less noise, Clearer voice.
- Binaural headset for an immersive audio experience, professional Volume Control and On/Off answer button built-in. Comes with 3.5mm Universal headset adapter, provides a better compatibility for both Apple and Samsung, IOS and Android Operations. .
- Super lightweight 3.5mm Cell Phone Headset with adjustable headband to fit all head sizes, high quality and soft leatherette ear cushion enhance your wearing comfort while long time conversation. Compete with Plantronics or Jabra heavy duty Headsets. 45 days money-back guarantee and 24 months warranty by ARAMA.
4.Cell Phone Headset
Pros & Cons
- High quality Noise Canceling Call Center Headset Compatible with following Polycom phone models: Media Business Phone VVX101, VVX201, VVX300/310, VVX400/410, VVX500, VVX 600, SoundPoint IP 335, 450, 550, 650, 670, Microsoft Lync CX200, CX600.
- This RJ9 headset also Works With other Telephone Models : Mitel Plantronics Nortel Shoretel Aastra Avaya Lucent Allworx AltiGen Comdial Digium Gigaset InterTel MiVoice etc.SEE MORE COMPATIBLE PHONE LIST IN DESCRIPTION.
- All-new design office phone headset built-in Acoustic Shock Protection, to prevent electric overload, RF-Shield,features large volume control and mute button, provides extra convenience while conversations.
- Noise-Canceling microphone| Flexible, Rotatable microphone boom, user may place the speaker on left or right ear anytime | Soft ear cushion for all-day comfort | Click-Stop adjustable headband.| Durable, 2 Years Warranty Included!
- ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH SOME SPECIFIC PHONE MODELS LISTED IN DESCRIPTION. Buy the item today if you have one of phone models in list. FOR other phones, pls contact us for Compatibility Guide or Advice.
Pros & Cons
- 1.High-quality earphones have the function of eliminating noise, providing clear communication effects, which can bring clear sound quality. Equipped with rotating micro microphone, you can freely adjust the position of the microphone.
- 2.Adjustable headband and comfortable and soft earplugs, these earphones can be adjusted to fit most head types, comfortable to wear.
- 3.Easy to use: just plug in and use, no installation required. Connect the 3.5mm plug directly to a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, MP3 player or gaming system.
- 4.Noise reduction microphone, rotatable microphone can capture the users voice, while eliminating unnecessary background noise, provide you with immersive stereo sound, feel a better gaming experience.
- 5.Color: Black.Speaker Diameter: 27mm; Cord Length: Approx. 145cm / 57in.
Pros & Cons
- 12 millimeter dome type driver units deliver powerful deep bass. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Integrated microphone and smartphone playback control
- Hybrid silicone earbuds for secure, comfortable fit
- High-energy neodymium magnets for powerful sound
- Tangle-free, Y-type flat cord with slider
Pros & Cons
- HI-RES HIGH FIDELITY HIGH QUALITY -The Philips PRO6305 headphones are carefully designed to provide natural, balanced sound and experience the live experience with you. The lightweight and durable design brings wonderful sounds brings you a true listening experience.
- SUPERIOR SOUND - 12.2mm driver unit offers superior sound performance, Strong, open sound field naturally.
- INTELLIGENT NOISE REDUCTION- The perfect fit in the ear can prevent unnecessary background noise and intelligently reduce noise in the scene. This means you can still enjoy the superior sound quality of the headphones at lower volume settings and also extend battery life.
- PERFECT FIT - Choose from 3 pairs of ear gels available in 3 sizes-small, Medium and large-for personalization and perfect fit.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE DESIGN - Luxurious metallic finishing with lightweight yet durable design
Pros & Cons
- 【COMFORTABLE & SNUG FIT PERFECT FOR WORKOUTS】 An ergonomic design with 3 different sizes of silicone ear buds ensures the optimum fit for your ears. The ear hook design gives a secure fit making it perfect companion for running, jogging or the gym. We've carefully crafted these earbuds to deliver a well-balanced sound with solid bass and an emphasis on mids and highs. Note: if you're looking for extra-strong bass you might want to look into larger headphones.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL IN-LINE CONTROL】 The included in-line control can control music play / pause, adjust volume up / down, previous / next track; moreover answer / reject calls, activate voice assistant and call last dialed number. (Note: some functions will not work for some smart phone models.)
- 【BUILT-IN MIC FOR CLEAR CALLS】 Built-in microphone provides you crystal clear sound during call, whatever for phone call or VOIP call.You can receive calls easily whenever you are at gyms or walking on the street.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】 3.5 mm gold plated plug jack is suitable for audio connection and guarantees that sound spread without distortion. Compatible with most 3.5mm enabled devices like: iPhone, Android devices, smart phones, MP3, MP4, Mac, laptop, tablet, desktop computer, portable music player.
- 【24M & LIFE-TIME SUPPORT】 Manufacturer-backed 24 month upon product registration. Video User Guide & FAQ available on website. Life Time Technical Support with 8hr- response via Email, Live Chat, Phone Call Booking, etc.
Pros & Cons
- 【COMFORTABLE ＆ PERFECT FOR WORKOUTS】The ear hook stays put behind your ear even when you're on the move, keeping the earphone comfortably in place. An ergonomic design, It perfect companion for running, jogging or the gym.
- 【MULTI FUNCTION CONTROL】 The included in-line control can control music play / pause, adjust volume up / down, previous / next track; moreover answer / reject calls, activate voice assistant and call last dialed number.
- 【WIDE RANGE COMPATIBILITY】3.5 mm gold plated plug jack is suitable for audio connection and guarantees that sound spread without distortion. Standard 3.5 MM connector compatible with Most phones, laptops, MP3/MP5, and portable music players.
- 【BUILT-IN MIC 】Built-in microphone provides you crystal clear sound during call, whatever for phone call or VOIP call.You can receive calls easily whenever you are at gyms or walking on the street.
- 【SATISFACTORY AFTER-SALES SERVICE】 FIXSCAD is honored to offer you the best sports earbuds wired with microphone.Life Time Technical Support with 13hr- response via Email, etc.
10.Extra Long Wired Headphone
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA LONG CORD: With premium spring coiled cord, it could be easily stretched to 12 feet (360cm). It allows you to watch TV quietly and no disturbing anymore. You'll get more healthy space from the TV and no more dragging.
- SNUG & SECURE WEARING: While the spring coiled cord is stretching, the earbuds will be pulled out from your ears. Don't worry about that again! The classical wrap-on earhooks keep the earbuds staying in your ears securely, to let you get max. 12 feet length cord so easily. A cable clip is included, it prevents the wire from swinging for safe secure wearing. (Tips: The best using distance is 8-10 feet, that keeps the spring coiled cord not too tight)
- CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND: With optimal electro-acoustics designed speaker, you will be impressed with its excellent audio performance in whole range. 3 sizes of ultra soft silicone ear tips fit your ear canal well and is able to isolate 93% noise, to let you immerse yourself into the TV theater deeply.
- NOT ONLY for TV: Equiped with 3.5mm standard audio plug, widely compatible with most smartphone, tablet, laptop and PC and all other devices with 3.5mm audio jack
- DURABLE: Passed strict 5000 times bending test for cord and 5000 times plug-unplug test for plug. We provide 12 Month Extended Warranty. You can get in touch with our email support team if you have any questions.
Best Cell Phone Headsets With Microphone – BUYER’S GUIDE
This refers to the microphone’s ability to pick up voice with appropriate volume and clarity. Some higher-end earbuds come with an integrated voice assistant option that lets you talk to your phone’s voice-controlled personal assistant (Siri, Cortana, or Alexa), without actually using the phone.
The voice assistant picks up your voice when you utter a set of voice commands and executes them without you having to touch or swipe anything on your phone. This makes it ideal for driving, working out, cooking, and just about any activity that requires you to work with your hands a lot.
The frequency range and sensitivity of the microphone are crucial in determining the quality of the voice pickup. If you frequently need to “talk” to your voice assistant during the course of your day, then you’ll want to go for a mic that is sensitive and had a wide frequency range.
Having a noise-filtering mic is a definite must, especially if you need to use it in a noisy environment. In addition to filtering out the background noise, it should also isolate your voice, allowing the receiver to hear you clearly without you having to talk out loud.
NOISE FILTERING AT THE CHIP LEVEL
At the chip level, the type of mic in the microphone can (ECM or MEMS) help out with noise filtering. As previously mentioned, the relatively lower output impedance of MEMS microphones allows for better noise filtering than ECM microphones.
ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION MIC
Before we go any further into how Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) works, you should know this feature is usually used misleading in the product specifications.
Sometimes manufacturers will advertise their headphones as active noise canceling headphones and state that it has cVc noise-cancellation technology. Is that true? No.
cVc is the mic’s ANC technology. It specifically deals with the noise coming through the mic and also the voice clarity.
Position of the Mic
This varies with the design of the earbuds. The premise here is pretty straightforward — the closer the distance of the mic to the mouth, the clearer the voice pickup would be and the lesser the ambient noise from the environment. Some earbuds have mics that are positioned inline on the cable, which might be too far away from the mouth and resulting in poor voice transmission.
Comfort and Fit
If you are looking for in-ear headphones with mic, chances are you’ll be wearing them for long, so you’ll want to choose those that are comfortable and fit snugly for easy calling. Use the earbuds and test the mic for about 10 to 20 minutes before deciding about comfort.
Consider the design and weight as well. For instance, if you’re using wired earbuds with mic on your morning jog, then you’ll have to be wary about entangling the cable with your movements. In terms of the weight; ideally, the lighter the comfier.
Frequently Asked Questions
< id="What_Makes_a_Good_Mic">What Makes a Good Earbuds Mic?
There are a few things as frustrating as having to repeat yourself over and over because the other person on the phone can’t hear what you. That’s why it’s important to understand the factors that define a good mic.
< id="Is_there_a_microphone_on_earbuds">Is there a microphone on earbuds?
There sure are! True wireless earbuds like the Jabra Elite Active 75t and the Apple AirPods Pro even come with multiple microphones in each earbud which are then used for calls and voice commands.
< id="How_do_I_use_my_earphones_as_a_mic">How do I use my earphones as a mic?
Microphones and earphones both operate on the principle of the vibrating diaphragms in reaction to external soundwaves, which then convert sound into electrical signals and back to sound again. This means you can use your earphones as a mic. That being said, the audio quality from your earphone-turned-mic will be nowhere near the quality if you used an actual microphone.
As earbuds are small and can fit snugly inside the ear, they are perfect for just about any situation. You can use them while working out, on your daily commute to work, or even on a lazy day at home. Plus, the best earbuds with mic allow for easier, hands-free communication.