Best Gaming Headsets Under 70 – When it comes to picking the absolute best gaming headset, you really have to consider what you’ll be using it for. Do you need a better mic, or better sound-quality? Some headsets offer a good mixture of both, but be prepared to pay a top dollar.
This buyer’s guide goes over all of the most important features that a good gaming headset should have. It’s comprehensive and written in a way that is easy to understand.
If you’re not a tech geek, you should still be able to understand all of the terminology that we use, so you shouldn’t have any difficulties trying to figure out what you need from a headset.back to menu ↑
1.Razer Kraken X
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 40 millimeter drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound when used for PC gaming only (download code slip inside the box)
- Designed for All-Day Comfort: The lightest Kraken headset ever at 250 grams, around 40% lighter than the competition
- Bendable Noise Cancelling Microphone: A cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Headset Audio Controls: Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick and convenient adjustments
- Durable Construction: The Kraken X frame is flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free use. Frequency Response-12 Hz – 28 kHz
back to menu ↑
2.HyperX Cloud Stinger
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone so you’ll always know when you’re muted
- Multi-platform compatibility: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and more
- Refer user guide on technical specification before use
back to menu ↑
- Crystal Clear Chat: An adjustable, high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and can be removed when watching movies or listening to music
- High Quality 40 millimeter Speakers : Hear every crisp high and thundering low with these large 40 millimeter speakers
- Lightweight and Comfortable: Play for hours (or days) in complete comfort
- Convenient In line Controls: Convenient in line controls place master volume and mic mute right at your fingertips
- Versatile Compatibility : Works great with PC and Mac, as well as PS4 Pro and PS4, the new Xbox One controller with the 3.5 millimeter jack, and mobile/tablet devices with a 3.5 millimeter connection
back to menu ↑
- 【Wide Application】 Support PlayStation 4, Xbox One S, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Laptop, PSP, PS2, Tablet, iMac, Computer, Mobile Phone. Please note that you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connecting with an old version Xbox One controller
- 【Surrounding Stereo Subwoofer】Clear sound operating strong brass, splendid ambient noise isolation and high precision 40mm magnetic neodymium driver, acoustic positioning precision enhance the sensitivity of the speaker unit, bringing you vivid sound field, sound clarity, shock feeling sound. Perfect for various games like Halo 5 Guardians, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
- 【Noise Isolating Microphone】Headset integrated onmi-directional microphone can transmits high quality communication with its premium noise-concellng feature, can pick up sounds with great sensitivity and remove the noise, which enables you clearly deliver or receive messages while you are in a game. Long flexible mic design very convenient to adjust angle of the microphone.
- 【Great Humanized Design】Superior comfortable and good air permeability protein over-ear pads, muti-points headbeam, acord with human body engineering specification can reduce hearing impairment and heat sweat.Skin friendly leather material for a longer period of wearing. Glaring LED lights desigend on the earcups to highlight game atmosphere.
- 【Effortlessly Volume Control】High tensile strength, anti-winding braided USB cable with rotary volume controller and key microphone mute effectively prevents the 49-inches long cable from twining and allows you to control the volume easily and mute the mic as effortless volume control one key mute.
back to menu ↑
5.Turtle Beach Recon 70
- Surround sound ready: Optimized for Windows Sonic; Windows Sonic by Microsoft for Xbox One and compatible Windows 10 PCs; Also compatible with Dolby Atmos (additional purchase may be required)
- High quality 40 millimeter speakers: Superior 40 millimeter over ear speakers produce crisp highs and thundering lows
- Multiplatform compatibility: Designed for Xbox One and Xbox Series X; works great with PS4 Pro and PS4, Nintendo Switch’s 3.5 millimeter jack, and mobile devices and PCs with a 3.5 millimeter jack (PCs with green and pink jacks require a PC splitter cable (sold separately)
- Premium ear cushions: Synthetic leather wrapped ear cushions provide added comfort, improved bass response and better noise isolation
back to menu ↑
6.Corsair HS60 PRO
- Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay
- High-quality custom-tuned 50mm neodymium Audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield
- Immerse yourself in 7.1 surround sound on PC creating a multi-channel audio experience that puts you in the middle of your game
- A fully detachable noise-cancelling unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for excellent voice clarity
- Multi-platform compatible with PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox one, Nintendo switch and mobile devices via a gold-plated 3.5mm connector
- The HS60 PRO’s light weight and durable construction, with aluminum yokes and a braided audio cable, give it years of longevity
- On-ear volume and mute controls enable on-the-fly adjustments without distracting you from your game
- Corsair iCUE software enables custom audio equalizer settings, immersive 7.1 surround sound, sidetone control, and more
back to menu ↑
- Exceptional 7.1 Surround - Precision-tuned 50 millimeter neodymium drivers deliver exceptional 7.1 surround sound so you can pinpoint enemy locations for a clear competitive advantage
- Crystal-Clear Communication - Say goodbye to static and crackle with crystal-clear communication for your teammates that sounds completely natural thanks to TruSpeak microphone technology
- Aimo Intelligent Lighting Engine - The AIMO illumination ecosystem takes your setup to another level synergizing with other AIMO-compatible devices to create a vivid lighting aesthetic without the need for extensive configuration
- Dynamic Fit - Includes a self-adjusting metal headband and memory foam cushioning for a weightless fit unique to you
- Comfortable Earcups - Earcup hinges rotate for added flexibility while padding is glasses-friendly thanks to ProSpecs technology
- Included components: Quick-start guide
back to menu ↑
- [7.1 Virtual Surround Sound]: 50mm speaker unit neodymium magnets, built-in Usb audio sound card with 7.1 surround sound; all game sound effects & details will come to your ears to provide immersive gaming experience
- [Noise Cancelling Mic]: The customized unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality, to pick up your voice clearly and loudly. Retractable; easily to switch on/off, adjustable microphone volume.
- [Multifunctional & Convenient Controller]: Gaming headphones with in-line controller: volume adjuster, mic volume adjuster, microphone on/off; There is a clip so that you can attach it onto your T-shirt for convenient controls.
- [High Quality Building]: This pc gaming headset has sturdy construction, adjustable metal headband, flexible microphone, thick memory foam cushion pads, big & soft earmuff, tangle-free cord & decent package. Exclusively made for pro gamers, you can enjoy a long & comfortable gaming session.
- [Compatibility]: Headset with USB plug, compatible with personal computers, laptop computers. Software is easy to download and install for 7.1 surround sound effect.
back to menu ↑
- Durability: The A10 Headset features durable headband anodized aluminum wrapped in a damage resistant polycarbonate blend so your headset will withstand wins, losses, and everything in between
- Comfort: Extended comfort memory foam ear-cushions keep you from fatigue so you can play as long as you want in complete comfort
- Communication: With the omnidirectional mic featuring flip-up mute functionality and in-line Volume Control, you and your teammates will always hear each other clearly and accurately
- Sound Quality: Tuned for Gaming, the A10 features immersive and accurate audio the way sound developers intended. Low latency and precise voice communication mean you're always in sync
- Compatibility: PS4, Xbox, PC, VR, Streaming
back to menu ↑
- 【Top-notch audio quality】50mm neodymium driver in each ear cup built into the RUNMUS gaming headset delivers virtual 7. 1 surrounding sound right into your ears. Hear your games come alive in ways you’ve never heard before and got the jump on your enemies with pinpoint positional accuracy. The perfect headset for various games like GTA5, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1, God of war, Star Wars Battlefront 2015 and so on.
- 【Supremely comfortable & Glaring RGB light】Large over-ear earcups that are finished in a soft leather feel to provide long lasting comfort. You’ll find yourself being able to wear this ps4 headset for multiple hours at a time without needing to take a break. Glaring LED lights designed on the earcups highlight the atmosphere of the game.
- 【Wide application with 3. 5mm plug】Multiple platforms compatibility is offered that allows you to use RUNMUS gaming headphones with the PS4, PS5, Xbox One X/S, PC, Nintendo Switch(Audio), Nintendo new 3DS LL(Audio), Laptop, Mac, Tablet, and mobile devices via the 3. 5mm cable. Please note a Microsoft Adapter will be needed(not Included) for old version xbox one controller. USB is for RGB lighting.
- 【Noise isolating microphone】RUNMUS xbox one headset comes with a 160-degree rotating noise canceling microphone that is ergonomically designed. Your voice is 360 degree picked up well because ambient noise is minimized. You can be heard in relatively noisy environments without having to repeat yourself.
- 【100% quality & 12 months 】Every RUNMUS ps5 headset will go through a strict quality test process before sending out. We promised to bring the best quality gaming headset to our customers. From the day of purchase of RUNMUS RGB headset, We offer 12 Months to our customer. Every customer's right is fully during the period.
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Headsets Under 70 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
This is the spec that determines how a headset will connect to your device. If you’re looking at wireless headsets, this will usually be via Bluetooth or a USB dongle. If you’re buying a wireless headset, it’s best to get one that connects with Bluetooth. Most modern systems utilize the technology, and it’s a lot more efficient than using a dongle. USB adapters aren’t bad, but they take up a USB port that you could otherwise use for a controller or other peripheral.
That being said, you will also need to consider latency with wireless headsets. The best gaming headsets are usually designed to work without any latency, but cheaper headsets can have noticeable delays between in-game events and audio responses. Wired headsets are a bit more complex. They have almost no latency issues, but different manufacturers use different hookups in their headsets.
3.5-mm audio jacks are compatible with most systems, but they often require a separate adapter to use their mics on PC. USB connectors are compatible with a lot of different systems, and they usually only require a single USB port. However, console players will probably feel a little restricted by these types of headsets. Modern consoles have 3.5-mm jacks in their controllers, but the USB ports are all on the systems themselves, so you’ll have to sit closer to your console to use these types of headsets.back to menu ↑
There are many advantages to using wireless headsets over wired headsets, but they also suffer from a few major disadvantages. A wireless headset doesn’t require any annoying cables, and that generally makes them more comfortable to wear. However, they will have a slight delay between when things happen in-game and when you hear them through the headset. That’s called latency, and it can impact your performance as a gamer quite a bit.
You also have to consider the battery life of a wireless headset. Since there aren’t any power cords supplying them with energy, they have to utilize an internal battery. Almost all headsets have a battery that’s capable of letting the average gamer play for several sessions without charging, but hardcore gamers might need very long-lasting batteries to accommodate all of their lengthy gaming binges. Charge times can vary between models, but most require a solid two hours or longer for a full charge.back to menu ↑
Surround sound is a highly sought-after feature in the gaming world. It’s the most immersive way to enjoy a game’s audio, and it really makes a difference in how well you can perform. Luckily, this feature is becoming much more common in cheaper headsets. Surround sound utilizes several directional audio drivers to play tricks on your ears, making it seem as if sounds are coming from the same direction as they’re coming from in-game.
If someone is walking behind you in your favorite first-person shooter, you won’t just hear footsteps coming out of all of your speakers. They’ll only come from one direction, and it’ll sound just like it would in real life. In competitive games, this gives gamers a huge advantage over someone who’s playing on a mono audio channel.
In solo games, surround sound does the same thing, but it simply makes games more immersive. When birds are flying over your in-game avatar’s head, it’ll sound as if there are birds actually flying above you. It’s honestly the best way to experience the cinematic experiences that game developers tend to focus on.
However, surround sound isn’t a necessity. It certainly helps, but stereo audio is just as capable of providing a similar experience. You won’t hear sounds in a 360-degree arc, but stereo sound will still differentiate between left and right. It’s a lot more immersive than mono sound, and it’s a lot cheaper to produce than surround sound. It’s still better to get a surround sound headset, though.back to menu ↑
Frequency response might sound like a nerdy spec that’s difficult for casual gamers to grasp, but it’s actually really simple. It just describes what frequencies the headset will pick up. As you know, sounds come in a vast array of tones and pitches, and some electronics can have trouble picking up high-frequency signals. That’s not a major issue with modern headsets, but it is something to keep in mind when you’re going over a headset’s specs.
The majority of decent headsets have a frequency response that picks up sounds as low as 20Hz, and they can usually pick up sounds that are as high 20,000Hz. This is perfectly fine for the vast majority of games and music. In general, a wider range is more preferable, but you’re unlikely to actually use anything that is drastically more varied.
All you have to do is look for a headset that can respond to frequencies between 20Hz and 20,000Hz. That’ll provide you with a very balanced experience, without costing a premium price.back to menu ↑
Noise-canceling is usually a great feature, but it can be a drawback for a select few. It definitely helps to keep all of the annoying background noise out of your ears while you play, but it completely isolates you from your real-world environment. In that regard, this can be detrimental if you have to constantly listen out for your kids or spouse.
The noise-canceling feature works by creating a perfect seal between your ears and a headset’s ear cups. That seal prevents noise from permeating through to your ears, while also keeping all of the sounds from your games trapped within the ear cups. In that way, it usually makes it less annoying for people around you, too.back to menu ↑
This isn’t something that should ultimately determine the headset you buy, but it’s important to know the difference between different control setups. They do slightly impact how easy it is to use a headset, and that’s important enough to be included in this guide. Inline controls are the most common. These are mounted onto the power cord of a headset, and they typically include a volume wheel and a mute switch.
Sometimes, headsets will have audio balancing controls, too. These are simple to use, and they’re not obtrusive. However, you’ll find yourself grabbing around for a dangling audio control in the middle of a lot of intense games, and that can slow you down considerably. Sometimes, audio controls are instead mounted on the earpiece of a headset.
These are the easiest to reach because they’re always in the same spot, but they’re not common in cheaper headsets. These types of controls typically have sliders or buttons that control the system’s audio. That’s not usually as accurate as a wheel, but it’s a fair trade for the added accessibility that these controls provide.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
How Those Are All Connected?
A headset can be made from the most durable materials, but that doesn’t mean much if those materials aren’t properly put together. Check a potential purchase for gaps where the parts fit together. If anything wiggles or slides, you’ll want to go with another option.
The cushions and other pads need to be stitched together in a way that will not unravel. Look for any gaps between stitches, and make sure there aren’t any weird lumps where the padding was improperly inserted.
Finally, the power cord needs to be properly connected to the headset. It shouldn’t be close to popping out of the headset, and it shouldn’t wiggle at its base. If either of those is true in a headset that you’re looking at, you should give it a pass. Even a great headset is nothing more than a paperweight if the power cord doesn’t work.back to menu ↑
There are so many options available that it’s easy to make the wrong decision and the wrong decision could lead to you losing more than winning. Not to mention wasting your money on crappy products. Using a guide like this one is definitely a step in the right direction!