Best Headsets for Teaching Online – These are some of the best headsets for online class. If you’re in need of a pair of headphones for online teaching I would suggest getting a decent pair with a microphone if you already own a pair of headphones you really like. Most online teachers choose the MPow PC headsets as they are the right balance of price, size and performance.
Make sure that you consider the main features and specifications of each headset in our review. Hopefully, we’ve provided you with all the details you need to make the best decision about choosing the online teaching headset that’s right for you.
Now more than ever, teaching online has become a prominent part of many student’s day-to-day lives. Whether out of necessity or choice, there is no question that virtual classes and homeschooling are quickly becoming a part of education’s new normal. For students of all grade levels, including college, making the most of teaching online often boils down to having the right equipment at an affordable price.
Pros & Cons
- MINIMIZE UNWANTED NOISE: With a unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone, this mic only picks up sound from a specific side or direction of the microphone. This helps minimize all ambient noise while speaking or recording. Ideal for K12 classroom learning, conference and Skype calls and webinars.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: With an adjustable headband and leatherette ear pads, these on ear headphones can be adjusted to fit most head sizes and with an ambidextrous microphone boom arm, you can choose whether you want the mic on the left or right hand side.
- EASY TO USE: Simply plug in and play, no installation needed. Connect 3.5mm plug directly to your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, MP3 player or gaming system. The volume control on the headphone cord makes it easy to manage the volume.
- DURABLE DESIGN: These headsets are hardwearing and long lasting, which is vital when being frequently used in school and businesses. The cord is made from a Braided TuffCord, which is tangle free, ultra-durable and student proof!
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Includes 1 year hassle free warranty.
Pros & Cons
- Active Noise Cancelling technology. Significant noise reduction for travel, work and anywhere in between. Advanced active noise reduction technology quells airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office, makes you focus on what you want to hear,enjoy your music, movies and videos. The noise cancellation function can work well both in wire and wireless mode.
- Proprietary 45mm large-aperture drivers. Deep, accurate bass response. The Active Noise Cancelling around-ear headphones from COWIN give you crisp, powerful sound and quiet that helps you enjoy your music better. The goal that provide Customers with better sound quality, is our constant pursuit.
- High-quality built-in Microphone and NFC technology. COWIN E7 provides high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, Which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires. NFC pairing aided by voice prompts, promises quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices, Powerful Bluetooth Function.
- The professional protein earpad and 90° swiveling earcups. More durability and comfort, Enjoy high-quality, Long-listen comfort. Skin texture, lightweight comfortable around-ear fit you can wear all day long. Gentle Reminder: please take off the headphone every 2-3 hrs to get your ears relax, in order to get better hearing enjoyment, and keep the head comfortable.
- 30 hours playtime per charge at Bluetooth mode. A built-in 750mAh battery won't allow your headphones power off, you can enjoy your world without noise for 30 hours' long time. Don't need to worry the power shortage problem on the long travel. 18-month warranty and quick response & friendly customer service. Dedicated customer service team, provide you with quick response and friendly customer service, which will always serve for you and certainly satisfy you.
Pros & Cons
- 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound & 57mm Driver Units -- Owning 7.1 virtual surround sound effect, which provides gamer an immersive and fantastic gaming atmosphere with pinpoint accuracy, it helps you catch the sound from your enemy before they found you by an immersive 360-degree sound field. High precision 57mm magnetic neodymium driver, delivering you vivid , clear and shock feeling sound. Please download the 7.1 driver software from BENGOO official website.
- Convenient & Adjustable Sound Card Adapter -- Delicate and convenient sound card adapter, with Volume+/-, one-key mute, making you could have your operating easier and more portable without distracting you from your games. You only need to connect the 3.5mm plug of the headset with the USB sound card, then it would work.
- Multi-Platform Compatibility -- With 3.5mm plug, G9800 gaming headset could be perfectly compatible with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Swicth, Nintendo 3DS, PSP, Mobile Phones or any other devices with 3.5mm port. While equipping with the USB sound card, it supports PC, PS4, PS5, Laptop and Mac.
- 360°Noise Canceling Microphone -- Onmi-directional and 360°adjustable mic could pick up sounds with great sensitivity and isolate the noise, transmits high quality communication while you are gaming or chatting. Long flexible mic enables you to adjust the angle of it as you like.
- Soft and Humanized Design -- Superior soft and big air permeability protein over-ear pads, adjustable headband, matches with ergonomic design, which assures you could stay the extreme comfort even a long-time wearing.
4.Levin Bluetooth Headphones
Pros & Cons
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BLUETOOTH 4.1: Advanced Bluetooth chipset provides you a faster transmission and low latency. Wireless range up to 10m(33ft). Enjoy skip-free phone call and music. Compatible with all kind of Smartphones Tablets and more.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND SWEATPROOF:The design eliminates troublesome wires tangling around when running, jogging or working out, never falling out of your ears even when rushing or jumping.Totally SWEAT PROOF and designed for superior COMFORT.
- SUPERIOR Hi-Fi STEREO:Hi-Fi stereo quality delivers you crystal clear stereo sound. Works great for soundtracks, audio books, and relaxing sounds, just stay away from the noise and wires, and enjoy the purest music!
- LONG BATTERY LIFE -The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows continuous enjoyment of music for up to 12 play time/ 13.5 talk time with a quick charge of only 2.5 hours. Perfect for mowing, exercising, jogging, workout and more.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Dylan Marathon Headphone[2nd Generation], 2 earpads, USB charging cable, travel case and user manual. The product has a 12-month hassle-free satisfaction warranty which means a totally risk-free purchase.
Pros & Cons
- Long-time Enjoying: Up to 25 hours of music time or 600 hours of standby with a full charge; battery level indicator with iOS devices to keep track easily
- High-quality Sound: Latest Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Technology with A2DP stereo music, clear sound, ideal for high quality music. Powerful audio driver offers balanced audio and crystal clear sounds with dynamic base performance.
- Noise Cancellation Technology: Built-in microphone with CVC6.0 noise cancellation let you get high quality, handsfree phone conversation with clear voice even in noisy environment like inside a gym and running/cycling on the road.
- Comfortable Fit with Sport Style: Behind-the-head design for luxury comfort; foldable arms for protective storage and easy portability
- Package Content: Besign SH03 Sport Bluetooth Headphones, USB Charging cable, User manual, Travel Pouch.
6.SoundBot SB221 Headset
Pros & Cons
- ERGONOMIC & SECURE FIT DESIGN: Features ergonomic behind the ear and neck human engineering frame design that securely fits and comfortably sits over the ear/neck for both indoor and sports-active outdoor use from to up 33 feet of remote distance
- INTUITIVE CONTROL: 5 intuitive and dedicated remote control buttons that allows easy navigation and quick access to SIRI or Android voice command (only on supported phone models and operating system), call management, wireless music streaming control, and volume adjustments
- FULL SPECTRUM BALANCED OUTPUT: Equipped with noise reduction, crystal clear audio technology, and high-performance speaker driver that reproduce and deliver natural and balanced full range music spectrum for enhanced HD listening experiences
- SWEAT RESISTANT: Swivelable earcup with ultra-foldable compact water-resistant frame to provide maximum comfort and portability for everyday usage. Scratch resistant surface to prevent the headset from signs of wear and tear
- LEAVE CHARGER BEHIND: the device can run up to 25 hours of consistent music, phone calls and videos before next charging
7.Marshall Major III
Pros & Cons
- Iconic sound with 40 mm dynamic drivers that are custom tuned for enhanced bass response, smooth midst and crystal clear highs that draw on over 50 years of sound heritage.
- Major III has a straight fit headband, slimmed down 3D hinges and rebuilt ear cushions.
- Control your headphones and phone functionality with the one button remote with microphone located on your detachable 3. 5 mm cord.
- When listening to music, to share audio with someone else simply have your friend Plug into the free 3. 5 mm socket.
- Easy to use phone functionality makes the major III the perfect everyday companion. Answer, reject or end a call with the one button remote with microphone.
- A modern classic re-engineered
Pros & Cons
- Noise cancelling headset with HD sound makes it a pleasure to stay on the call; cancel noise, not your voice
- Digital Signal Processing technology cancels out echoes and boosts voice signals for clear conversations
- Headset is Skype certified for a better chatting experience *In order to use the inline call answer/end and mute functions of our Audio USB headsets with Skype, users must download and install the Plantronics Hub application
- Even with Hub installed, inline call answer/end and mute will not work with Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business applications. For compatibility with these enterprise applications, users need to purchase commercial headsets, like our Blackwire series
- Answer and end Skype calls right from the headset with our answer/end and mute functions *requires the latest versions of Windows 10, Mac OS and Skype - we cannot guarantee compatibility with all versions of Skype and PC operating systems
Pros & Cons
- Laser-tuned drivers provide enhanced digital audio for music, games and calls. This plug-and-play USB headset can be used with any PC or Mac computer without the need to install software.
- Minimizes unwanted background noise for clear conversations. Rigid, left-sided mic can be positioned for better voice capture. Moveable boom can be tucked out of the way when you’re not using it.
- Simple in-line controls on the headset cord let you adjust the volume or mute calls without disruption. Advanced Digital USB Connections: USB Compatible (1.1 and 2.0)
- Adjustable headband features swivel-mounted, leatherette ear cushions for hours of comfort. The Logitech H390 is really easy to clean, too.
- Compatible with the following: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later and Mac OS X (10.2.8 or later)
Pros & Cons
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause play skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- Superior call quality with precise voice pickup
- Wearing detection pauses playback when headphones are removed
- Seamless multiple-device pairing
- Adaptive Sound Control provides a personalized listening experience
- Updated design relieves pressure for long-lasting comfort.
Best Headsets for Teaching Online – BUYER’S GUIDE
The quality of the audio is the topmost factor to consider in choosing a headset. Although as an online teacher, you may not need a professional-grade device. A good headset should allow you to hear your students and colleagues distinctly during video calls and conferences, and let you enjoy good audio when you are listening to music or watching movies from your computer.
Built-in Microphone and Noise Cancellation Feature
For your online teaching, choose a headset with a built-in noise-canceling microphone. Your headset will suppress background noise, allowing you a smooth and undistracted online class even if you are not in a soundproof room.
Since you might wear the headset for an entire day on online classes, you’d want to pick something designed to provide user comfort. Choose something lightweight with soft and breathable ear pads and, if possible, with padded adjustable headbands. This way, you can conduct online without putting stress on your head and ears.
Headsets come in different designs. There are over the ear styles, on ear or neckbands. Though this is a minor factor as compared to the others, the headset’s style affects your comfort. In addition, having a stylish headset makes you look good in front of your students.
Many studio-grade headsets are expensive, but you don’t need to spend a lot of money on a headset for your online teaching. There are many good quality headsets just below fifty dollars. These can also meet all of your teaching needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Excellent sound quality is a must. But aside from this, there are several features that make the best headsets for online teaching use. Another key feature to consider is the built-in microphone and its noise cancelling capability. This is especially helpful if you don’t have or aren’t planning to get a separate microphone. The comfort that the headset provides is also important. If you have an entire day of class and would wear the headset for long periods of time, make sure that the ear cups and the headband are well-cushioned. Otherwise, you’d suffer from sore ears.
Any electronic device wears and tears quickly if not properly cared for. Similarly, you need to take good care of your headset so it can serve you longer. Here are a few tips on how you can make your headset last long.
- Unplug your headphones when not in use. In unplugging, make sure you pull out the plug and not the headset’s cord. Pulling the cord can cause damage to its cable.
- Keep your headset in a case. Don’t just shove it in your laptop bag or leave it on the table after use. Putting it in a case would protect it from dust, and from extreme heat or cold which could affect its performance in the long run.
- For wired headphones, coil its cable well upon keeping. Tangling is not only inconvenient, it can also damage and break the wires inside.
Though BlueTooth and wired headphones are both great to use for online teaching, each has its own perks. Most BlueTooth headphones are very portable. You can take and use it anywhere at any time. The lack of wires gives you the freedom to do any form of motion. You can move around during your online class and sit farther from your computer. The best part is you can quickly shift connections from one device to another without leaving your spot. Bluetooth headsets may last for several hours of use, but you’d eventually have to charge them. It is advisable to always have a power bank on hand so you can charge it anytime. In terms of price, Bluetooth headphones are usually more expensive than wired headphones.
Wired headsets are cheaper to manufacture, hence they are relatively budget-friendly. Professional musicians prefer wired headphones because it gives better quality. When it comes to the crisp and clarity of audio for online teaching, however, this is barely noticeable. Some wired headphones are large and may seem bulky for travel, but it doesn’t mean they are not portable. The best part is they are compatible with many devices. Should you want to switch to another device, all you have to do is plug and play. The only concern about wired headphones is its cord. This is not a problem for teachers who stay near their computer all class long, but the wire can restrict movements.
So which is the better headset for online classes? Consider your budget, teaching needs, and your personal interests. Choose the headset that enriches your work and lifestyle.
Most headsets give two sound choices: sound system and mono. Online English teachers will in general pick the sound system alternative because of it covering the two ears. A mono headset is organized with just a single speaker, accounting for the interruption to handily happen while instructing. You unquestionably don’t have any desire to be the kind of teacher who frequently requests that understudies rehash themselves because of not hearing them, as they are paying for assistance, and in this manner anticipate that it should be top of the line in each perspective.