Best Headsets for Youtube Commentary – In the meantime, keep creating and doing what you love. Don’t overthink it. Choose a mic, order it, and then get back to streaming and gaming. Do your thing, be creative, and live out your dreams.
That’s the most important part of all of this!
Well, there you have it. Our top 11 microphones to help you choose the best mic for YouTube gaming.
Whether you are new to the game or are looking to upgrade, this list will hopefully give you what you need to succeed.
Whether you need a comfortable set of wireless cans for your daily commute that can also be used for voice recording, or if you dream of being a full time podcast creator and need a headset that will deliver time after time, you’ll find a solution above!
Pros & Cons
- 【Updated 4D Surround Subwoofer】 ONIKUMA 2019 K5 Pro gaming headset for Xbox One / PS4 is equipped with highest grade 50MM driver, which offers a surrounding stereo sound field and build a vivid immersive gaming world for game players. Definitely an ideal pick for games like God of War, Halo 5 Guardians, Fortnite, PUBG, Call of Duty, CS:GO, Overwatch, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Battlefront, or World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
- 【Ultra Multi-Platform Compatibility】 The Xbox One headset with 3.5m audio jack supports Xbox One controller, PS4 (Playstation 4) controller, PC, Nintendo Switch (audio), Computer, Laptop, Tablet, iPad, PSP, Mobile Phone, Nintendo New 3DS LL/3DS (audio), Nintendo 3DS LL/3DS (audio). Please note: An extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) is needed when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.
- 【Humanalized Design Built for Comfort】 ONIKUMA knows how important the comfort is for game players, so we have tested all kinds of PS4 headset for years and finally update our gaming headphones with mic to the optimal version, which is built to stay comfortable day & night! The retractable headband and softly padded breathable ear pad ensure play-all-night comfort!
- 【Adjustable Noise-Canceling Mic】 ONIKUMA gaming headset provides high-end communication with its 360° onmi-directional microphone, which picks up your voice with crystal clarity and isolate the noise. You could also control the volume and turn off the mic with the rotary volume controller and key microphone mute on the anti-winding braided USB cable.
- 【World-Leading Brand & Lifetime Warranty】 As the leader of xbox one headset industry, ONIKUMA has been favorably reviewed by more than 4 million customers. Every gaming headset with mic ndergoes strict quality checks. We always stand behind our products, so we deliver a lifetime quality warranty to ensure customers 100% satisfy. Totally no worries for you!
Pros & Cons
- Open over-ear headphones, ideal for professional mixing, mastering and editing
- Perfect for studio applications thanks to their transparent, spacious, strong bass and treble sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship - Made in Germany
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m coiled cable)
Pros & Cons
- 53 mm drivers reproduce clear treble and midrange. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils for superior power handling. Impedance: 38 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW . Full open-air type headphones produce no sense of pressure on the ears, resulting in a completely natural sensation
- Lightweight aluminum honeycomb casing with excellent acoustic properties
- Self-adjusting 3D Wing Support provides a comfortable listening experience; total ear-fit design minimizes pressure. Maximum Input Power: 700 mW
- Frequency Response - 20 – 20, 000 Hz and Impedance - 45 ohms
- Connector Type: 3.5mm
Pros & Cons
- sennheiser precision audio engineering combines with 7.1 dolby surround sound to create the ultimate, expansive soundscape experience so you can fully immerse yourself in the game
- the unique headband design provides adjustable contact pressure and a customized fit providing the most comfortable wearing experience
- an intuitive volume control on the right ear cup puts on-the-fly audio adjustment at your fingertips for easy volume control while you're playing
- desktop and laptop compatibility. the gsp 550 can be used with mac and console systems using the optional gsp 505 pc cable or gsa 506 console cable.
- a usb connected, in line dongle provides dolby 7.1 surround sound processing compatible with pc systems.
- perfect fit - an innovative headband and a new dual axis metal hinge design allow the gsp 550 adjust perfectly to different head sizes and face shapes.
- dolby 7.1 surround sound is activated with a single button click on the inline dongle. intuitive pc software provides four sound equalizer modes to optimize game type to your listening preference.
- Connectivity technology: Wired
Pros & Cons
- 20Hz-20kHz response
- 96 dB/mW sensitivity
- 9' cord w/1/8" plug
- 1/4" adaptor
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 120 ohms
- Sensitivity: 96dB/mW
- Mic Range: 100 Hz - 20 kHz
- Jacks: 1/8" and 1/4" adaptor
6.EPOS I Sennheiser
Pros & Cons
- CLOSED ACOUSTIC GAMING HEADSET – The GSP 302 closed acoustic gaming headset with XL memory foam pads create a comfortable acoustic seal and lets you focus on your game with an immersive audio experience.
- EPOS ENGINEERED AUDIO - Engineered to deliver the audio cues needed for faster in-game reactions, high quality audio enhances to your gaming experience and performance.
- BEST ”ALL ROUND” GAMING HEADSET – A high quality gaming headset, the GSP 302 delivers the bass-heavy sound for an immersive experience, and the crisp, clear audio needed for team communication during intensive play.
- MICROPHONE WITH LIFT-TO-MUTE BOOM ARM - The flexible boom arm allows you to adjust the microphone for best voice pick-up positioning. The microphone mutes automatically when you raise the boom arm.
- INTUITIVE VOLUME CONTROL – An integrated volume wheel on the right ear cup of the headset allows for quick adjustments while gaming. There is no need to switch out of your game to adjust the loudness of your game audio.
Pros & Cons
- Delivers high-sensitivity & reduced distortion
- Ideal for gamers
- Features anisotropic ferrite magnets
- Freq resp: 18hz-20khz. Sound level - 103dB SPL/1mW
- Oxygen-free copper voice coils improve signal transmission & conduction for a clearer & louder sound
Pros & Cons
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause play skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- Superior call quality with precise voice pickup
- Wearing detection pauses playback when headphones are removed
- Seamless multiple-device pairing
- Adaptive Sound Control provides a personalized listening experience
- Updated design relieves pressure for long-lasting comfort.
Pros & Cons
- The most advanced wireless gaming headset yet from Logitech G. 2.4 GHz wireless delivers premium Sound, complete freedom and a clean set up without wires. Default lighting- 8 hours. No lighting-12 hours
- Large 50mm Pro-G drivers lets you hear more of the game environment in greater detail
- Lightsync RGB game-driven lighting, EQ settings and more can be customized through downloadable Logitech G hub software. Requirements - Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OSTM, USB port, Internet access for G HUB (optional)
- Advanced DTS Headphone: X 2.0 surround Sound fully immerses you in both subtle and explosive parts of a precise positional 3D soundscape. Frequency response: 100 Hz–10 KHz
- Enhanced 6 mm mic-plus provides new levels of comms clarity. Wireless Range: Indoor: 15 meters; Outdoor: 20 meters; Connection Type: USB. Battery Life (rechargeable): No lighting: 12 hours; Default lighting: 8 hours
10.JBL Quantum 600
Pros & Cons
- In competitive gaming, sound is survival, and JBL knows great sound: From the thrill of tracking enemies in FPS games, to engaging in epic MOBA battles, the JBL Quantum 600 amplifies every victory
- Features JBL Quantum Surround sound technology which is engineered for accuracy and delivers immersive gaming audio for a competitive edge, so users never have to miss a step, shot or jump during gameplay
- JBL Quantum 600 gaming headset incorporates a boom microphone with echo cancelling technology, allowing users to focus on their teammates' voice rather than background noise, for crystal clear communication.
- Memory foam ear cushions on the JBL Quantum 600 gaming headset are covered in soft leather, providing comfort for marathon sessions, plus 2.4 GHz wireless connection for multi-platform gaming
- Items delivered: JBL Quantum 600 wireless gaming headset with boom mic in black, RGB lighting effects, compatible with PC, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, mobile and VR
- The JBL Quantum 600 headset is compatible via 2.4GHz wireless connection on PC, PS, Mac and VR. Compatible via 3.5mm audio jack with PC< Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch , Mobile, Mac and VR. The JBL QuantumSURROUND is only available on PC. Check the connectivity guide for compatibility.
Best Headsets for Youtube Commentary – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Headphone sound quality – you want to be able to hear enemies coming as well as comms from your teammates. Headphones with 7.1 surround sound are the ultimate choice for immersion and spatial awareness
- Comfort – let’s be honest, you’re probably going to be playing into the early hours. We’ve all experienced hot and sore ears from wearing uncomfortable headphones for hours on end. Make sure to choose a headset with decent padding, and consider a suede type material to avoid sweat buildup
- Mic quality – noise cancelling tech in the mic itself is going to be important here, as the last thing you want to do is frustrate your teammates or listeners by having fan or keyboard noise in the mix.
- Functionality – do you need to be able to control volume easily, or perhaps have a simple way to mute the mic instantly? Consider what you’d like available at your fingertips, as the gaming headset market offers many choices!
Frequently Asked Questions
The History Of Making Money With Headsets and Microphones?
One of the first commercial applications for headphones came about in Britain in the 1890s. They were part of a device called the Electrophone.
Amazingly enough, this was part of a subscription service that cost users a whole £5 a year!
What did it do?
Well, it was pretty easy. You would put the headphones on, dial in the number for the switchboard, and receive a live audio feed from a performance from a theater in London!
Not quite Spotify… but an interesting bit of history, nonetheless!
Of course, headsets nowadays offer a lot more!
Youtube is the biggest place on the internet today for creatives and their followers to come together and enjoy content that covers every topic. It’s such a commanding force in the entertainment world that in many ways, Youtube has replaced conventional television. The demand for both YouTube and Twitch as gaming platforms is real.