Best Microphone Headsets for Podcasting – Audio Technica’s Multimedia BPHS1 broadcast series headset is our pick for the best headset for recording. It offers a high quality audio output, and features a great mic. The model is very comfortable over time, although the memory foam might need some getting used to. It could help you improve the quality of your podcasts, whether as a listener or content creator.
If you are serious in starting your own podcast, you should focus on getting good podcast equipment to produce the best audio experience to your audience.
Using the best microphone, mixer and podcast recording software are all equally important and you should not take lightly on.
In a nutshell, podcast headsets are of the utmost importance when putting together a decent podcast studio. The headsets you’re likely to come across at your local department store are perhaps not the best, which is why a good quality headset is needed.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 millimeter large aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with deep accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 degree swiveling earcups for easy one ear monitoring and professional grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- High-quality, premium headset brings your PC calls and music to life
- Easy plug-and-play USB Connection
- Laser-tuned drivers and a built-in EQ deliver superior, unrivaled Audio quality and rich bass
- Volume and bass level control as well as the ability to instantly mute the mic
- Soft, padded leatherette headband and earcups feel good even after hours of listening
- Premium headset for PC calls and music: High-performance laser-tuned drivers and built-in EQ for precision audio
- Plug-and-play USB connection: Instantly enjoy music, movies and calls in rich digital stereo sound
- Rotating boom microphone: Reduces background noise for clear chats, rotates up and hides away when you’re listening to music
- On-ear controls and mute indicator light: Easy to adjust volume, mute the microphone and see when the mic is muted
- Ultra-comfortable design: Soft, padded leatherette headband and ear cups feel good even after hours of listening
- Delivers high-sensitivity & reduced distortion
- Ideal for gamers
- Features anisotropic ferrite magnets
- Freq resp: 18hz-20khz. Sound level - 103dB SPL/1mW
- Oxygen-free copper voice coils improve signal transmission & conduction for a clearer & louder sound
- 2-in-1 gaming headset — The first headset from Bose engineered for both wired gaming and wireless lifestyle use. Play everything from the latest games to your favorite music with these 2-in-1 headphones.
- World-class noise cancelling gaming headset — With best-in-class noise cancelling technology, the QC35 II Gaming Headset clears away noisy distractions so you can focus on your games, music, or work.
- Comfortable gaming headphones — Made using materials specially selected for their comfort and lightweight to enjoy hours of marathon gaming.
- Detachable boom mic — The QC35 II Gaming Headset includes a removable gaming module that adds a boom mic and mic mute that plugs in or out via the 2.5 millimeter jack in seconds.
- Noise-rejecting mic — As wired gaming headphones, the Discord and TeamSpeak-certified boom mic rejects noise so teammates hear you loud and clear. In lifestyle mode, the built-in mic system provides clear calls, even in noisy environments.
- PC desktop controller — Delivers fluid control to lower or raise master volume and cycle through 4 levels of mic monitoring — this lets you hear your own voice and ensures you’re not shouting at teammates.
- Built-in voice assistants — Optimized for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant in wireless lifestyle mode.
- Modern design — With a Triple Black design and Copper accents, the Bose QC35 II Gaming Headset has a crisp yet bold look that you can wear anywhere.
- Universally compatible — Compatible with major gaming platforms including PCs, laptops, consoles, and mobile devices.
- Neodymium magnets and 40 millimeter drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 9.8 foot cord ends in gold plated plug and it is not detachable; 1/4 inch adapter included
- Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case
- Frequency Response: 10 Hertz to 20 kilohertz
- These large diaphragm, foldable headphones feature a rugged construction, a secure, highly effective closed ear design
- Connectivity technology : Wired
- ALL-DAY FREEDOM: Grind Wireless lets you take more phone calls and rock late into the night with 12 hours of battery life and the wire-free wonderfulness of Bluetooth wireless streaming.
- ALL-DAY COMFORT: Premium materials like the solid metal headband, plush on-ear pillows and Supreme Sound audio make slipping into Grind Wireless a stupefyingly comfortable experience.
- ALL-DAY CONVENIENCE: Life should be easy, so the built-in controls on Grind Wireless are dead simple. Play and pause music, answer and end calls, skip tracks and adjust volume with just three buttons.
- SUPREME SOUND: 40mm audio drivers tuned with Skullcandy's Supreme Sound make all types of music sound equally impressive.
- BACK-UP AUX CABLE: If you've transcended the need to sleep and your 12-hour battery needs charging, just plug in the included AUX cord with microphone and remote and never miss a beat. Battery fully recharges in just 2.5 hours.
- Bluetooth enabled connectivity with NFC provides 100 percent independence, device compatibility and freedom of movement
- Ear cup mounted sensors for easy access, touch sensitive control
- 30 millimeter drivers and neo transducers deliver refined sound quality across all frequencies
- Sleek, head turning design incorporates a premium, stitched leather, stainless steel body and sliders
- Unique fold flat function enables headphones to fit in their ultra slim pouch for secure portability
8.Bowers & Wilkins
- P5 Wireless combines the fantastic sound of P5 Series 2, with advanced Bluetooth streaming for unrivalled wireless acoustic performance. Impedance : 22 ohms (passive)
- Using high quality Bluetooth aptX, P5 Wireless allows you to stream Hi-Fi quality music from your smart phone, tablet or computer
- An incredible battery life of 17 hours of wireless playback between charges. P5 Wireless charges via USB and if you want to save your battery, it also comes supplied with a cable.
- P5 Wireless features drive units based on the award winning P7, designed with a diaphragm like traditional loudspeakers, resulting in more precise diaphragm movement and amazing sound quality.
- Bowers & Wilkins has more than five decades of experience creating the world's best loudspeakers, and they've put that expertise into the P5 Wireless for a stunning pair of headphones
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
- 2-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer. Very important please note: Detachable cable must be inserted into headphone until it "clicks" and twisted clockwise (to the right) to lock the cable in place
- Its especially low profile was optimized for the use on mobile devices. Fitted with jack plugs on both ends, the cable is completely detachable and can be replaced if necessary
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wired
- Frequency Response 16 Hz to 22000 Hz, Impedance passive 28 ohm and active 480 ohm
10.AKG K240 MKII
- Whats In The Box: (1) K240 MKII Headphones. (1) EK300 Cable. (1) EK500 Coiled Cable. (2) Velvet Ear Pads. (2) Leatherette Ear Pads. Features: Headphone type: Semi-open. Max. input power: 200 mW
- Audio frequency bandwidth: 15 25000 Hz. Sensitivity: 104 dB SPL/V. Rated impedance: 55 Ohms. Detachable cable: Yes. Cable length: 3 m
- Plug type: Stereo 3.5 mm (1/8) with 6.3 mm (1/4) screw-on adapter. Connection type: Mini XLR. Connection gender: Male. Connection contacts: 3-pin. Connection interface finish: Gold
- Replaceable earpads: Yes. Wearing style: Over-ear. Cup style: Semi-open. Foldable: No. Dimensions (L x W x H): 110 x 190 x 200 mm (4.33 x 7.48 x 7.87 in). Net weight: 240 g (8.47 oz)
Best Microphone Headsets for Podcasting – BUYER’S GUIDE
A lightweight build, padded cushions and larger ear cups, as well as a breathable lining material are a necessity for all headsets for podcasting. This will help you create your podcast over long hours without experiencing discomfort and fatigue.
Are you looking for a wired or wireless connection? Wireless headsets can offer convenient use around your recording space. Wired options deliver robust performance, even though their mobility is somewhat limited. A great headset may connect to a microphone for added value, but there are many high output recording microphones available that you could consider.
How do your headsets sound? The driver quality will make a world of difference when it comes to making podcasts. You will be less likely to experience a lower sound quality if you are using high quality headsets with a flat frequency response.
Sound isolation capacity
A great headset will minimize environmental noise, allowing you to focus on the podcast. The quality of your recording will increase, and you will be able to get longer takes on the first try.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should the right headset for podcasting offer?
You will have noticed that we went for USB headsets alone for this list. We chose USB headsets because they deliver better quality sound than their 3.5mm counterparts, which makes them better suited for podcasting. 3.5mm headsets will deliver high quality sound, but they are heavily dependent on the sound card in your PC. If you have a great sound card, 3.5mm headsets could be ideal, but for a standard performance across multiple computers, the USB headset is better fitting.
Podcasting can be enjoyable if you start out small, but stick to high quality equipment. This article looks at some of the best headset for podcasting to help you out. It provides a look at some of the top recording tools for a seamless experience when it comes to making your show.