Best Noise Cancelling Aviation Headsets – For an awesome aviation headset, look no further than the David Clark DC ONE-X, which is practically an industry standard. In use by the United States Air Force and Private contactors, this headset is second to none. But, if you’re looking for something more commercially viable with excellent noise cancellation, we recommend the Lightspeed Zulu 3.
Now that you know the basics of what you need to be looking for when shopping for an aviation headset, it’s time to start looking at other things to consider when buying.
When you want to have the best experience possible, it makes sense to look at things from every angle. Consider these factors when you’re purchasing an headset to ensure that you have a good experience.
Pros & Cons
- Proflight Series 2 includes a thinner, lighter and more flexible cable, updated tap control for talk-through communication, and an easily adjustable mic
- Product Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears
- Engineered for pilots of moderately noisy, pressurized Turbine-powered aircraft – built upon the technology of the original proflight
- The smallest, lightest, most comfortable Bose aviation headset
- Innovative design and 4. 5 ounce (128 gram) on-head weight keep pilots comfortable, even during extended flights
- Digital active noise cancellation reduces noise so users can lower radio volume and hear what they need to hear
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight, only 1 oz.
- ANR-like performance with up to 50 dB of noise reduction
- Auxiliary / Music Input
- Replaceable Ear Tips with Slow-Recovery Foam
Pros & Cons
- [Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation] CNET review EarFun Air Pro as The Best Noise-cancelling True Wireless Earbuds. With EarFun’s innovative QuietSmart technology, the EarFun Air Pro Bluetooth earbuds reduce ambient noises by up to 38dB, allowing you to focus on your music or conversation in the midst of traffic, busy gyms, office chatter, or airplane droning.
- [Immersive Sound Powered By 10mm Composite Drivers] The true wireless earbuds adopt dual 10mm low-distortion composite dynamic drivers, with high-resolution decoder built-in and AAC/SBC audio coding technology, which provide you crystal clear sound and strong bass with an authentic treble to match. Besides, the ambient mode allows you to have conversations pleasantly when enjoying your music.
- [Crystal Clear Hands-Free Calls] With Customized Noise Cancellation Algorithm and Dual-Mic Environment Noise Cancellation Technology, the Bluetooth earbuds headphones can effectively block out 80% of background noise and make your voice 3 times clearer, you will be clearly heard on the other side even in the noise environment like a subway station.
- [32H Playtime with Fast Charge] A single charge gives you a full 9 hours of listening time, and 7 hours if the ANC mode is on. Use the included rechargeable USB-C case to extend playtime up to 32 hours after a full charge. Tips: Please dry the earbuds before you put them back into the charging case. Sweat or water on the earbuds might cause short circuit and damage the product during charging.
- [Tap control with Smart Pause] EarFun Air Pro wireless earbuds have a built-in accelerometer sensor for a tap to control the noise cancelling earbuds, now you can adjust songs, pick up the call without reaching your smartphone. The In-ear Detection makes your music pause the second you remove an earbud, then starts again the second you put them back in.
Pros & Cons
- 3.5mm Input Jack for Music Devices
- Foam Ear Seals Provide All Day Comfort
- EM56 Noise Reflective Cup Microphone with New Flex Boom
- Includes Headset Bag Featuring Soft Interior Liner and Nylon Shell
- 50mm Performance Audio Speakers and 24dB Noise Reduction Hearing Protection
5.ZIDLI V6 PRO
Pros & Cons
- * SUPER STRONG driving unit enhances the bass and the whole range to ensure the precision sound. Built-in advanced 7.1 channel virtual surround sound provides you fully immersed sense in the games. Manual volume in the left driver.
- * LIGHTWEIGHT STEEL FRAME DESIGN. With unique tension controls to adjust the tightness of the headset to your personal preference, block outside sounds and keep your ears cool for distraction-free play.
- * EXTREMELY SOFT, COMFORTABLE Whole ear cup gives you infinite stereo sound and cutting out external sound.
- * 360° surround noise canceling microphone is high sensitive and durable, which can be adjusted according to your needs and makes communication easy and smooth. FINGERTIP CONTROL easy to use.
- * 12 months guarantee (1 new replaced)
6.David Clark DC
Pros & Cons
- David Clark Headset Bag, (2) AA batteries included
- Weight (without cord assembly) 12.3 oz
- TSO-C139a Approved
- Five-year warranty and 30-Day, money back guarantee, backed by industry leading customer service.
7.Lightspeed Zulu 3
Pros & Cons
- FIVE STAR COMFORT: Embark for every journey sporting maximum comfort. Our over the ear headphones are designed to follow the curve of your head for a comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure. Zulu 3 wired headphones with microphone ear seals are constructed to hug the curve of your jaw for a natural fit while providing a better seal around glasses. Give yourself the luxury head set you deserve.
- FIVE BY FIVE COMMS: We understand reliable communication is key for safety. Our noise-canceling headset with microphone provides advanced noise reduction through ANR performance, magnesium ear cups, and advanced microphone technologies. Zulu 3 communication headset allows full Bluetooth connectivity and offers an integrated control box with auxiliary input to make pairing your devices easy!
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: Invest in your future. Aviation headsets for pilots are essential aviation tools that should be built to last. Our head phones are designed with durability and longevity in mind to endure the harshest flying environments and last long-term. Zulu 3 is made from stainless steel and magnesium for high-quality performance. All of our Zulu 3 headsets are made in America.
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Pair with our exclusive app to capture incoming and outgoing communication. Zulu 3 bluetooth headset with microphone automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions. The soft mute feature gently eases music back in for a smooth listening transition. Incorporate the features you desire in your bluetooth headset for your ultimate experience.
- DESIGNED BY FELLOW PILOTS: As a company of pilots and flight enthusiasts, we strive to know our customers well and deliver an innovative in-flight experience. Our Zulu 3 bluetooth headphones with microphone are constructed by our finest engineers who understand what pilots need. Zulu aviation headsets are designed as pilot headsets for airplanes but can also be used as a tactical headset or military headset.
8.HyperX Cloud Flight S
Pros & Cons
- Frequency response 10Hz–20kHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Gaming-grade 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity
- Long lasting battery life - up to 30 hours
- Qi Certified for wireless charging
- HyperX custom-tuned 7.1 surround sound
- Game and chat, audio balance
- Signature HyperX comfort and durability
- Detachable microphone with LED mute indicator
- Customizable onboard controls
- 90° rotating ear cups
Pros & Cons
- FOR HEARING PROTECTION - Premier noise reduction rating (NRR) of 24db to block out engine and unwanted noise
- FOR CLEAR COMMUNICATION - Electret, noise-canceling microphone with preamp on adjustable, wire boom
- FOR GREAT SOUND - Volume control knob on acoustic, foam ear cup with ultra-lite neodymium speakers and 3.5mm input jack for phone connection (AUDIO ONLY)
- FOR COMFORTABLE FIT - Adjustable headband with thick foam head pad for perfect fit
- FOR DEPENDABLE GUARANTEE - No hassle 12 months manufacturer’s warranty included for all defects
Pros & Cons
- Earcups of high-density acoustic foam for best passive noise attenuation
- Has noise reduction rating (NRR) 23 dB
- High fidelity speakers for clear, natural sound
- Electret, noise-canceling flex-boom microphone reduces background noise and allows clearest voice transmission
- Gold-plated microphone and headphone plugs ensure best connection and resist corrosion
Best Noise Cancelling Aviation Headsets – BUYER’S GUIDE
Styles of Headsets
There are two types of aviation headphones ‒ in-ear and on-ear. It’s up to you to decide which option is more suitable. In-ear models feature earbud speakers that fit into your ears. On-ear headsets look like ear muffs and fit over the ears.
You might think that choosing a plug type is a no-brainer since all planes have the same types of plugs. But it is not so. Therefore, when choosing a new aviation headset check whether it is compatible with your plane. However, there are some standard plugs, like Dual plug (PJs), Helicopter plug (U174), 6-pin plug (LEMO) and Airbus plug (XLR). Dual plugs are typical of GA aircraft. Almost all headsets in our list feature dual plugs. Don’t worry if it happened that a chosen headset comes with a different plug type. You may fix this problem by purchasing an adapter.
If you usually fly for long distances, it’s better to choose lightweight models. However, the design also means much. For example, if an aviation headset is heavier but it has a well-padded design, it will be more comfortable than a lighter model. Our list includes both, lightweight (less than half a pound) and heavy (more than 2.5 pounds) options to choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much noise reduction does theBose ProFlight Series 2 provide?
The ProFlight Series 2 provides three modes of user selectable noise
cancellation. Each mode is engineered for a distinct use.
“Low” optimizes interpersonal communication outside the use of an intercom
system. “Medium” provides consistent noise reduction across a wider range
of frequencies. “High” provides the greatest amount of active noise reduction,
maximizing the signal-to-noise ratio for radio communication.
Bose makes no claim about specific levels of noise reduction. Such numbers
cannot accurately describe what you will hear when using the product. We
encourage pilots to try the product in a variety of aircraft to experience the
dramatic performance and capability of each mode for themselves.
What is the EPA-rated attenuationof the Bose ProFlight Series 2?
The current methods specified by the EPA Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)
cannot be applied to active noise cancelling devices, only passive devices.
That’s why you see the NRR on traditional aviation headsets, but not on noise
cancelling aviation headsets
This wiki has been updated 19 times since it was first published in October of 2016. If you spend any amount of time in the cockpit of an airplane or helicopter, you’ll probably want to pick up a pair of these aviation headsets.