Best Radio Headsets – Hearing protection should never be taken lightly, especially if you work in an environment where the noise levels can get dangerously high. Remember, it only takes eight hours of exposure to noise that is as low as 85 decibels to cause irreparable hearing damage, so it is important to use ear protection all the time while working.
Apart from protecting your ears, radio headphones also provide entertainment while you are working. This can be very handy especially if your work is repetitive (for instance, a factory worker in an assembly line). Keeping yourself entertained while you work will make you more efficient.
Radio Headset Guide
For your favorite radio on the go, the convenience of a radio headset is part of what modern technology should look like. Not only can you get a pair in an eye-catching design, but they sound great and can bring hours of entertainment. This is only if you find a quality pair.
Pros & Cons
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 24 dB
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY lets you seamlessly stream entertainment from your mobile phone and any other Bluetooth enabled device
- INTEGRATED MICROPHONE lets you make and take phone calls without removing the ear protection
- EXCELLENT AM/FM RADIO performance with clear sound and bass boost option for great listening
- AUDIO ASSIST TECHNOLOGY provides operational and set-up guidance–without having to take off the headset
Pros & Cons
- Closed over-ear headphones, ideal for professional recording and monitoring
- Perfect for studio and stage recordings thanks to their pure, high-resolution sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship Made in Germany. Innovative bass reflex system
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m cable) . Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
Pros & Cons
- DIGITAL AM/FM TUNING: LCD display auto-searches for radio stations; clear digital stereo radio reception, 10 pre-set stations and volume memory for personal on-the-job listening experience
- HIGH VISIBILITY SAFETY: Hi-Viz bright green earcups and reflective headband increase employee visibility for greater safety while working at night, in low light conditions, and in bad weather
- EAR PROTECTION & COMFORT: Patented Air Flow Control technology reduces sound across all frequencies without increasing earcup size or weight; lightweight design and padded headband for comfort
- EASY USE & MAINTENANCE: Snap-in ear cushions allow for easy maintenance and replacement; includes 2 AA batteries, 3.5 mm AUX input jack & connection cable for use with any mp3 player or mobile device
- NOISE REDUCTION RATING 25: Recommended industries include aviation, farming, construction, lumber, steel, transportation, military/law enforcement, manufacturing, sporting, DIY projects, contracting
Pros & Cons
- AUX input jack can connect to MP3 players, mobile phones and other personal listening devices (cable included); no volume knobs or power switches; no batteries required
- Technologically advanced acoustical bass chamber enhances bass sounds that are typically absent in stereo earmuffs
- Patented Air Flow Control technology reduces sound across all frequencies without increasing earcup size or weight
- Lightweight earcup design and padded headband with reinforced fork slides provide comfortable all-day wear
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 25
Pros & Cons
- NRR Sound Technology: designed with 2 layers of professional noise dampening foam, high sealing solid cup and the unique double-shell, the ear muffs offer a high SNR of 34dB for noise cancelling.
- Ansi S3. 19 & CE en352-1 Certified: lab tested and certified to us and European standards. Professional ear defenders for hunting season or shooting at the gun range.
- Adjustable Headband Design: Designed with retractable stainless steel at the end of headband, The ear muffs can be adjusted to fit all sizes.
- Compact and Portable: Our lightweight ear muffs feature a foldable style as the ear cups collapse into the headband. Travel drawstring bag included for ease of packing them or to neatly store away
- Silence Your World: ideal for shooting, hunting, sports events, concerts, festivals, studying and operating machinery to protect hearing, especially suitable for work in construction and landscaping work.
Pros & Cons
- 【NRR 29dB Hearing Protection】- CERTIFIED NRR 29dB protection. Effectively reduces noise especially when use powerful strong machine or gun practice and other violent activities. Protects your ears from hazardous sound levels and find peace in your own world.
- 【FM Digital Radio with LCD Display Advanced】- Built-in Radio with Hearing Protection with Channel memory function, 8 different preset channels - more than enough to program all your favorite stations. You could adjust volume by switching the volume control knob.
- 【Rechaegeable for Lang lasting Advanced】- Combined with durable rechargeable lithium battery supports long hours use, do not need to charge very often or buy battaries, USB charge interface equipped for easy and fast charging.
- 【Bluetooth & Hands-free Calling Advanced】- Built-in digital Bluetooth for phone, hands-free calling, Seamlessly stream music from your mobile phones, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled devices. Answer calls as you work with multifunctional button without having to remove the headset.
- 【Digital Storage Advanced】- 2020 new upgrade with built-in SD card(4Gb capacity), can storage about 1000 of your favourite digital audio files, allow you to enjoy the joyful voice even without available bluetooth devices.(NEED TO CONNECT COMPUER by USB)
Pros & Cons
- Bluetooth function for listening to music, integrated microphone - make and take phone calls without having to remove the headset.
- Lightweight, low-profile design with soft, conformable ear cushions, while also being cord- and antenna-free.
- Can be connected to MP3 players and mobile phones via BLUETOOTH or 3.5 mm jack and included AUX cable
- Built-in rechargeable battery with charging cord. Auto shut-off with low battery indicator. Device compatible with standard USB chargers using supplied Micro USB cable.
- Easy to use with a simple single-button interface and audio assist/voice assist for easy setup.
Pros & Cons
9.Bluetooth Headphones Wireless
Pros & Cons
- 【Comfortable Ergonomic Design】：The Memory-protein ear cushion that simulate human skin texture, ensures lasting comfort and provides excellent durability. The softly padded headband allow you to get the most comfortable enjoyment without constraint.
- 【Amazing Stereo Hi-Fi Sound】：Uomeod High Definition Stereo Headphones,experience superb music and voice clarity.Advanced compatible for playstation, xbox, PC gaming, music or TV with rich lows and clear treble. Perfect headphones for audio lovers, make them completely immersed in the music world.
- 【Seamless Bluetooth Connection V5.0】:Uomeod wireless headphones are compatible with iPhone, TV, Smart android phones, Tablet, Laptop, iPads, MP3/4 Player, Computer, MacBook and other bluetooth devices.
- 【Wireless & Wired Mode:】:Build-in high performance rechargeable 700mAh safe battery provides up to 30Hrs play music time while set you free from tangled cables in wireless mode. In wired mode, Audio cable is provided, so the headphones will never power off.
- 【 Warranty】: By choosing Uomeod You are covered with 36 Months warranty and 100% Customer satisfaction. In addition to 24/7 Customer Support service.
Pros & Cons
Best Radio Headsets – BUYER’S GUIDE
I believe it goes without saying when it comes to headphones, but I’ll say it again just in case. The absolute most important factor of any headphones is that they should be comfortable to wear at all times, even after several hours of continuous use. Even if the headphones have cutting-edge drivers which can produce the best quality sound, this is all rendered moot if the headphones become cumbersome and start to hurt your ears after a few minutes of use. Keep in mind that over-ear headphones don’t always translate to comfort, as there are quite a few of in-ear monitors which can provide a very comfortable listening experience. Likewise, there are also over-ear headphones which can feel bulky and uncomfortable from the very beginning.
For this purpose, always make sure that headphones are equipped with various features to improve their comfort factor such as cushioned earpads, adjustable headband, and an ergonomic design.
We know that the whole point of radio headsets is that they can be used as standalone devices, so that even if you don’t have a media player at hand you will still be able to tune into your favorite stations. However, a nice feature to have in every pair of radio headphones is the capacity to connect to other devices, either via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi so that, if you ever decide to listen to your own music, you could easily pair your radio headset with your smartphone or media player and listen to your personal tunes anywhere you go.
This feature is very important, as it is the main difference between a great listening experience and a lackluster one. While the vast majority of radio headsets can’t be compared to professional-grade headphones, the sound quality they provide should still be as good as possible, so that you’re able to enjoy your tunes to the fullest. If possible, try to go for a model that includes bass adjustment capabilities or onboard equalizers, so that you can personalize your listening experience with crispier highs or booming lows.
An important part of noise-canceling radio headsets stems from their ability to regulate their output volume to drown out external noises. Some radio headsets come equipped with the ability to automatically regulate their volume and set them to a safe level at all times, which really comes in handy whenever we’re working with loud external noise, so we don’t hurt our ears after the noise subsides.
Like with all wireless devices, their functionality will be limited by the capacity of their batteries. Luckily, most radio headsets nowadays come with rechargeable batteries, which also offer many hours of use before having to recharge. The cheapest models, however, will require AA or AAA batteries to power their drivers, which can make them a real hassle to use, since you’ll have to carry around spare batteries in case the old ones run out of juice. That said, if you’re looking for the best experience, you should look for a radio headset that comes with a Li-Ion battery, as these can provide the longest use with little downtime needed for recharging.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular radio headphone brands?
Many different brands of protective radio headphones are currently available but not all of them can even be considered as “good”. If you want the best radio headphones, among the brands you can trust include 3M, Honeywell, ZOHAN, SAS, Stanley, PIXNOR, Retekess, and Walker’s.
I have tried a lot of different brands of radio headphones and honestly speaking, the ones mentioned y stood above the rest in terms of hearing protection and sound quality.
What are the best headphones for radio broadcasting?
If you are looking for protective headphones that have a good quality AM/FM radio, look for the ones that say they have digital AM/FM radios built-in. Analog radios are fine if you just want something to listen to in case you want to break the boring pace of your work.
However, if you want something that sounds good enough that you want to listen to it while you are just relaxing at home then digital radio is the way to go. What makes digital radio superior? For one thing, the sound quality is exponentially better.
If your earphones have excellent speakers or at least above-average ones, listening to digital FM radio will sound like you are listening to audio CDs. Also, if you like listening to AM radio, it will sound like you are listening to FM talk shows when you go digital.
With that said, make sure that your protective headphones have good sounding speakers, so you can fully appreciate the features and benefits of digital radio.
Are radio frequency headphones safe?
As long as the noise in the environment does not exceed 110 decibels, then yes, protective radio headphones can provide enough hearing protection. Most radio headphones are NIOSH-approved and come with NRR of 25 decibels.
The headphones are great as long as the headphones can lower the amount of noise that reaches your ears to significantly below 85 decibels (80 decibels ideally). For instance, if you work in a busy factory, which produces around 100 decibels of noise on average, wearing a radio headphone can lower the amount of noise you hear to just 75 decibels.
With that said, you should only use NIOSH-approved products. If the packaging of the headphones does not state its NRR then you should not use it for work.
Can wireless headphones connect to a radio?
Yes. Almost all protective radio headsets even have radio receivers built-in so they do not need to connect to an external radio. There are even many headphones that use digital radios that are much better than analog radios.
If you do not want to listen to the radio, they also have aux input jacks so you can connect your smartphone or MP3 player. Some even have Bluetooth so you can connect wirelessly.
How to set up and use radio headphones?
The only set up that you will need to do for wireless radio headphones is to search for and save your favorite radio stations. The directions to do this will depend on the brand of the headphones. Some have separate buttons for preset stations while others will require you to cycle through the saved presets.
Now, if you want to connect your headphones to your smartphone, the usual method is via the aux cable. Just plug one end into the auxiliary input jack in the headphones and the other end into the 3.5mm audio jack in your smartphone. This will automatically make all of the audio in your device play in the headphones.
What is the warranty?
Most headphone brands come with 30-day warranties against factory defects. You need to read the fine print regarding the warranty coverage. Some might provide coverage for user error while others will not. You also need to take note of if the user is responsible for the shipping and handling costs of the return.
Some brands provide satisfaction guarantees as a show of good faith to the customers. This means that, if for whatever reason, you are not fully satisfied with the product, you can return it for a complete refund, no questions asked. The products that offer this kind of warranty are often of superior quality, so keep an eye out for them.
Where to buy?
If you want to get a lot of choices and the chance to compare the prices of popular brands so you can find the best deals, go online shopping for your protective headphones. However, you may need to wait up to a couple of weeks before the product gets delivered to your home.
If you need to use the headphones immediately, you can go to the nearest big box store or any large hardware outlet store and browse their aisles. There is usually a limited number of brands to choose from, often just three to six kinds. However, the upside is that you can test the products first before you pay for them.
If you want to prevent this from happening then use the best radio headphones at work from now on. Many different jobs can subject one to unhealthy levels of loud noises. Among these workers are carpenters, mechanics, factory workers, landscapers, traffic police, lumberjacks, blacksmiths, woodworkers, and many others.