Best Turtle Beach Headsets for Ps3 – Turtle Beach headsets aren’t so fundamentally different that you can’t compare them to the same standards of any other headset, but they do make use of specific terminology to name their models and provide some features unique to the Turtle Beach name. We’ve outlined the 10 best gaming headset models that Turtle Beach creates, but they offer dozens. This guide can help you navigate any of them.
The sheer volume of Turtle Bay headsets means that our 10 item review list just covers a fraction of those available. But if you want to expand your search, you can use our guide above to help find a great headset at a good price.
And if you have an opinion on the headsets we’ve reviewed, be sure to share below.
1.Stealth 700 Gen
Pros & Cons
- SURROUND SOUND READY FOR XBOX - Optimized to deliver immersive surround sound with Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone: X; Dolby Atmos and DTS:X: may require additional purchases, app downloads, and supported hardware
- GEN 2 FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A larger, high-sensitivity, high performance mic improves chat clarity and conceals cleanly into the headset when muted. Mic monitoring also allows you to hear your own voice while you chat so you’re aware of your own volume.
- XBOX WIRELESS - Enjoy the simplicity and superiority of a direct connection from your headset to your console– no wires, no base station, and no adapter needed
- SUPERHUMAN HEARING - Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting lets you hear subtle, game-changing sounds so you can live up to 20% longer and win more. Data from Turtle Beach Superhuman Hearing study conducted by Real Industry, May 2021
- GAME AND STAY CONNECTED WITH BLUETOOTH - Enjoy the ability to take mobile calls or listen to your own music simultaneously while gaming, ensuring you’ll never miss a moment of action
- EASY ACCESS TO AUDIO PRESETS - At the press of a button, customize the way your game sounds with four signature Turtle Beach audio presets
- METAL-REINFORCED HEADBAND CONSTRUCTION - An all-new metal-reinforced headband gives the Stealth 700 Gen 2 a heavy-duty construction ensuring long-lasting durability
- AEROFIT COOLING GEL-INFUSED COMFORT - Re-shaped Aerofit cooling gel-infused memory foam ear cushions provide premium comfort for hours of gaming
- GLASSES FRIENDLY - Our exclusive, patented ProSpecs comfort-driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play
- 20-HOUR WIRELESS BATTERY LIFE - The built-in rechargeable battery now provides up to 20-hours of wireless gaming per charge; matching the competition’s battery life but at a lower price
Pros & Cons
- Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Official Xbox licensed headset.Gaming-grade 2.4GHz Wireless connection
- Long-lasting battery life up to 30 hours
- Signature HyperX comfort and durability
- Built-in headset chat mixer
- Immersive in-game audio with 50 millimeter drivers
- Detachable microphone with Mic Monitoring and LED mute indicator
- 90° rotating earcups with LED lighting effects
- Intuitive audio, mic and chat controls
- Compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Pros & Cons
- Extended wireless range up to 15m (50ft) through the 2.4 GHz wireless signal.
- On-device audio balancing between voice chat and game audio on Xbox or PC
- Console specific USB transmitter for easy cross-platform compatibility.
- Built-in battery provides more than 15 hours of battery life and can be recharged through the USB-C port.
- Quick and easy mute functionality with the flip-to-mute microphone.
- Choice of different equalizer settings by switching between the 3 different EQ presets.
Pros & Cons
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 12 Hz – 28 kHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- The Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Brand: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service: Gaming Keyboards, Gaming Mice, Gaming Headsets, Gaming Peripherals; Based on dollar sales, Jan-Sept. 2021 combined
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- 2 Modes of Connection: Enjoy lossless audio for low-latency wireless gaming with Razer HyperSpeed Wireless, or choose to game in wired mode with its removable 3.5mm jack
- All-Day Comfort: Soft breathable memory foam ear cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
- Detachable Razer Hyperclear Supercardioid Mic: 9.9mm mic has better voice isolation and produces a truer recreation of your speech, which can be further tuned via Razer Synaps
- Up to 24hr Battery Life: Works on PC wirelessly for up to 24 hours at extremely low latency; 3.5mm headphone jack available for console gaming use
- Compatible with Xbox One, Xbox X|S via 3.5M Jack
Pros & Cons
- Powerful amplified audio: Immerse yourself in your games with rechargeable, battery powered amplified sound from your Xbox and PlayStation
- Surround sound ready for Xbox: Optimized to deliver immersive Windows Sonic surround sound, provided by Microsoft for Xbox (and compatible Windows 10 PCs)
- Flip up mic: Turtle Beach's renowned high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and flips up to mute
- Variable mic monitoring: Hear and adjust the volume of your voice inside the headset so you never have to shout
- Multiplatform Compatibility: Designed for Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PS4 Pro & PS4 and also works great with Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile devices
Pros & Cons
- Experience uncompromising sound quality and immersive 7. 1 surround sound with a matched pair of precisely tuned 50mm high-density neodymium speaker drivers, delivering a frequency range of 20hz-40, 000Hz – double that of typical gaming headsets.
- Long-lasting Comfort to wear all day with Premium memory foam earpads that conform to the shape of your head and a lightweight pillow-soft headband.
- Connect wirelessly for high-fidelity, ultra-low latency Audio and an exceptional 60ft signal range with hyper-fast Slipstream Corsair wireless technology.
- Make yourself heard with exceptional dynamic range and vocal clarity, thanks to a 9. 5mm broadcast-grade, Omni-directional, high-bandwidth detachable microphone with excellent low-end response
- Built with lightweight, machined aluminum throughout, from the headband to the ear cups, ensuring both maximum comfort and long-term durability.
- Connect to virtually any device including PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile with wired 3.5mm, USB, or SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS.
- 24bit/96KHz Audio delivers true high-fidelity sound via USB wired connection.
- A custom, high-capacity lithium-ion battery and an accelerometer-based smart-sleep/wake function provide up to 20 hours of battery life for all-day, all-night gaming.
- Micro-perforation RGB lighting on each ear cup allows for virtually unlimited color options and customization to match any style.
Pros & Cons
- LARGE 50MM NANOCLEAR SPEAKERS - Large, powerful 50mm over-ear Nanoclear speakers deliver Turtle Beach’s signature esports audio tuning
- SURROUND SOUND READY - Optimized to support spatial audio technologies for immersive gaming audio
- PRO GAMING MIC WITH TRUSPEAK TECHNOLOGY - Ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear with Turtle Beach’s professional quality, noise-cancelling mic
- AEROFIT EAR CUSHIONS - Smooth athletic fabric combined with cooling gel-infused memory foam keeps your ears comfortable and cool while also blocking out external noise and improving bass response
- DURABLE COMFORT - A sleek metal headband with a suspended pad and swappable memory foam ear cushions ensure unmatched comfort
- PROSPECS GLASSES RELIEF SYSTEM - Turtle Beach’s unique ProSpecs comfort-driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play
- MULTIPLATFORM COMPATIBILITY - Designed for multiplatform use, the Elite Pro 2 works with PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, & Mobile devices with 3.5mm Connection
Pros & Cons
- lmmersive Gaming Audio. Dual 50mm speaker drivers are engineered to produce detailed, balanced soundscape with ultra-low distortion for your games, music, movies, and more
- Noise-canceling Mic. The flexible omnidirectional microphone captures the user's voice yet eliminates unwanted background noise.
- Convenience to Use: The in-line Audio control makes it possible to conveniently adjust the volume and mute the microphone without having to go into extra settings
- Built for comfort. Soft leatherette ear cups and ergonomically padded headband allow for long gaming sessions without fatigue
- Versatile Compatibility. Designed for everywhere you game, including PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile. (Xbox One Stereo Adapter may be required, not included)
Pros & Cons
- 【Top-notch audio quality】50mm neodymium driver in each ear cup built into the RUNMUS gaming headset delivers virtual 7. 1 surrounding sound right into your ears. Hear your games come alive in ways you’ve never heard before and got the jump on your enemies with pinpoint positional accuracy. The perfect headset for various games like GTA5, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1, God of war, Star Wars Battlefront 2015 and so on.
- 【Supremely comfortable & Glaring RGB light】Large over-ear earcups that are finished in a soft leather feel to provide long lasting comfort. You’ll find yourself being able to wear this ps4 headset for multiple hours at a time without needing to take a break. Glaring LED lights designed on the earcups highlight the atmosphere of the game.
- 【Wide application with 3. 5mm plug】Multiple platforms compatibility is offered that allows you to use RUNMUS gaming headphones with the PS4, PS5, Xbox One X/S, PC, Nintendo Switch(Audio), Nintendo new 3DS LL(Audio), Laptop, Mac, Tablet, and mobile devices via the 3. 5mm cable. Please note a Microsoft Adapter will be needed(not Included) for old version xbox one controller. USB is for RGB lighting.
- 【Noise isolating microphone】RUNMUS xbox one headset comes with a 160-degree rotating noise canceling microphone that is ergonomically designed. Your voice is 360 degree picked up well because ambient noise is minimized. You can be heard in relatively noisy environments without having to repeat yourself.
- 【100% quality & 12 months 】Every RUNMUS ps5 headset will go through a strict quality test process before sending out. We promised to bring the best quality gaming headset to our customers. From the day of purchase of RUNMUS RGB headset, We offer 12 Months to our customer. Every customer's right is fully during the period.
Pros & Cons
- VERSATILE COMPATIBILITY - The Turtle Beach Recon Chat headset works great with PS5, PS4, and PS4 Pro, and works great with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC & Mobile devices with 3.5mm Connection
- CRYSTAL CLEAR CHAT - An adjustable, high-sensitivity mic picks-up your voice and ensures your every command is heard loud and clear
- UNIQUE OPEN EAR-CUP - The Recon Chat headset features an open ear-cup design which allows gamers to hear game audio from the TV or home theater system in both ears, while hearing chat audio from other players through the headset
- GLASSES FRIENDLY - Turtle Beach’s innovative SpecsFit glasses avoidance zone lets gamers with glasses play in comfort, thanks to the special channel in the ear-cushion which alleviates any added pressure on your glasses from the headset
- REVERSIBLE OVER-EAR DESIGN - The Recon Chat features a full-size over-ear ear-cup that can be worn on the right or left ear, whichever is more comfortable
- HIGH QUALITY 40MM SPEAKER - A large, high quality 40mm speaker delivers crystal clear chat audio
- CONVENIENT IN-LINE CONTROLS - The Turtle Beach Recon Chat convenient in-line controls place Chat Volume and Mic Mute right at your fingertips
Best Turtle Beach Headsets for Ps3 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Whether you game on an Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, or PC, gaming headsets are going to connect in essentially the same way. And most of these gaming headsets will present you the basic features whether you connect them to your Nintendo Switch or Xbox One.
But Turtle Beach produces specific models for different consoles. For some of these gaming headsets, you the differences are purely cosmetic, but you’ll generally want to find a gaming headset that’s specifically built for your console if you want the full range of features and best stability. Fortunately, they make that easy.
- Gaming headsets that come with a P in the name are designated as headsets for PS4.
- If a gaming headset features a PX, it’s built for PS4 but also compatible with the Xbox One.
- Gaming headset with the Z designation are going to be the best choice for PC gamers.
- There are no models specific to Nintendo Switch, but most of these models should work with a Nintendo Switch just fine.
If you’re an audiophile, you may be alarmed by the fact that the frequency response for most of these gaming headsets is only 20 Hz to 20 KHz. If you’re a gamer, that shouldn’t concern you much. That frequency response covers the whole range of human hearing, although it does mean that the density of the sound stage isn’t quite as expansive as it is with dedicated music headphones.
These are generally great sounding gaming headsets all around the board, and any issues with the sound stage or imaging is usually counterbalanced by the presence of surround sound in most of the gaming headsets that Turtle Beach create. If you decide that you want something that’s great for discerning music listening, you can always check out our guide to the best headphones for audiophiles in 2020.
That aforementioned surround sound is one of the best Turtle Beach advantages. Plenty of gaming models they offer come with at least Dolby Digital Surround Sound, and that makes it much easier to identify opponents sneaking up on you and get a better sense of where gunfire is coming from. The best Turtle Beach headphones for gaming include Superhuman Hearing: a feature that expands the sound stage even further.
If you want to get right in the thick of things, larger drivers are going to offer the best performance. In terms of sheer decibel levels, size does matter, but quality is just as consistent on the materials the speakers are made from. You should keep an eye out for models that are marketed as being made from Nanoclear. This driver format is specially tuned to Turtle Beach’s signature sound engineering and is available in top gaming headsets like the Turtle Beach Elite but can also be found in gaming headsets far less expensive than the Turtle Beach Elite.
ProSpecs is a feature that comes packed into most of the headsets here, from high end wireless gaming headsets to budget price models. They come with channels built into the band that make space for glasses legs. It’s an incredibly effective inclusion that puts this brand a step above for the short- and nearsighted.
TruSpeak is a technology devised by TB for the needs of the professional gaming community. It does one of the best jobs around of isolating surrounding noise while also offering solid sound reproduction. If you’re serious about competiting gaming, you should consider paying special attention to models that offer TruSpeak gaming tech.
Some models come with the indicator of Amplified. That indicates headset that come with a separate wireless amplifier that can boost the bass performance significantly. But since it is wireless, you’ll have to look out for the battery life on these gaming devices. You can expect a battery life of 30 hours on most Amplified models. And if Amplified models are a little outside your price range, plenty of headsets also come with Bass Boost technology. While it won’t offer the same gaming audio boost as a wireless amplifier, Bass Boost is still a nice addition.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Turtle Beach Headset for Xbox One?
The Ear Force Elite 800 is arguably the best wireless headset that Turtle Beach offers. The battery life will last you the better part of a day, but the battery life isn’t the only positive. There are a ton of different audio presets specific to genres, and the virtual surround sound makes it easy to put yourself in the midst of virtual battlegrounds.
Is Turtle Beach a Good Headset Brand?
Turtle Beach is one of the best headset brands, but their specialization means they aren’t going to be the favorite headsets for everyone. What they do exceptionally well is with budget and mid-range headsets, The sound quality starts to fall off in comparison to their contemporaries at the higher price range, but the range of cutting edge features and focus on gaming features and surround sound is strong for any price.
What is the Difference Between Turtle Beach Headsets?
Turtle Beach has an incredibly expansive collection of headsets, and identifying all the differences between them would take a tremendous amount of space. On the good side, that means that whatever your need, you’re probably capable of finding a model that best fits your budget.
What is the Best Gaming Headset?
The top models on this list set comfortably among the best gaming headsets altogether, but if you want to expand your search wider, we can help. Be sure to check out our review and shopping guide for the best gaming headsets of 2020.
Our guide covers both wired and wireless varieties of headsets, and our experts have dedicated hundreds of hours to testing the right tech so you can buy with confidence. The reviewers understand that sound reproduction and comfort are the main issues in the headset world, paired with battery life and chat quality, too.