Best Turtle Beach Headsets for Xbox 360 – Turtle Beach headsets aren’t so fundamentally different that you can’t compare them to the same standards of any other headset, but they do make use of specific terminology to name their models and provide some features unique to the Turtle Beach name. We’ve outlined the 10 best gaming headset models that Turtle Beach creates, but they offer dozens. This guide can help you navigate any of them.
The sheer volume of Turtle Bay headsets means that our 10 item review list just covers a fraction of those available. But if you want to expand your search, you can use our guide above to help find a great headset at a good price. And if you have an opinion on the headsets we’ve reviewed, be sure to share below.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Turtle Beach Elite
- Elite Pro 2 Headset Works With Xbox Series X|S - This designed for Xbox One headset has ongoing compatibility with Xbox Series X|S
- Large 50 millimeter Nano clear Speakers : Large, powerful 50 millimeter over ear Nano clear speakers deliver Turtle Beach's signature sports audio tuning
- Aero fit Ear Cushions : Revolutionary material technologies combine to keep your ears comfortable and cool while also blocking out external noise and improving bass response
- Prospecs Glasses Relief System : Turtle Beach's unique prospects comfort driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play
- Durable Comfort : Sleek metal headband with suspended pad and swappable memory foam ear cushions ensure unmatched comfort; Ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear with Turtle Beach’s professional quality unidirectional noise cancelling gaming mic
back to menu ↑
- Upgraded Chat: Redesigned Gen 2 flip-to-mute mic now seamlessly conceals into the housing when muted, and a larger, high-sensitivity mic provides clear chat
- Upgraded Audio: Reconstructed acoustics and precision-tuned 50mm nanoclear speakers provide realistic sound imaging producing crisp undistorted audio for the most immersive, realistic gaming experience
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Simultaneously take mobile calls or listen to your own playlist all while gaming utilizing Bluetooth; Connect to the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app to easily adjust game and chat audio settings to your custom preferences
- Upgraded Battery Life: An upgraded 20-hour rechargeable battery provides a rock-solid direct-to-console connection through Xbox Wireless
- Upgraded Durability: An all-new metal-reinforced headband and stronger hinge design paired with Aerofit cooling gel-infused memory foam ear cushions provide premium comfort while ensuring durability to withstand heavy usage
back to menu ↑
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone so you’ll always know when you’re muted
- Multi-platform compatibility: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and more
- Refer user guide on technical specification before use
back to menu ↑
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
- All-Day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Detachable Razer Hyperclear Cardioid Mic: Tuned to have a more focused voice pickup area, get the most out of the mic with a with advanced voice tweaking options via Razer Synapse 3
back to menu ↑
- Powerful amplified audio: Immerse yourself in your games with rechargeable, battery powered amplified sound from your Xbox and PlayStation
- Surround sound ready for Xbox: Optimized to deliver immersive Windows Sonic surround sound, provided by Microsoft for Xbox (and compatible Windows 10 PCs)
- Flip up mic: Turtle Beach's renowned high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and flips up to mute
- Variable mic monitoring: Hear and adjust the volume of your voice inside the headset so you never have to shout
- Multiplatform Compatibility: Designed for Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PS4 Pro & PS4 and also works great with Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile devices
back to menu ↑
6.Ear Force XP400
- 50 mm speakers; 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- Dual-pairing Bluetooth - Chat wirelessly on Xbox 360 and PS3 and answer mobile phone calls while gaming
- Dolby Surround Sound with adjustable surround sound angles
- Separate equalizer and stereo expander presets can be combined for different gaming situations
- Digital and Analog inputs as well as a digital optical connection
- Dolby Surround Sound - Immersive 360 degree audio lets you pinpoint the direction of every sound
- 2.4/5GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi - Selects the optimum frequency in the 2.4GHz/5GHz spectrums, virtually eliminating interference
- Dual-Pairing Bluetooth - Answer mobile phone calls while gaming
- Wireless Xbox LIVE and PSN Chat - Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for chat cables
- Rechargeable Battery - Provides up to 15 hours of uninterrupted gameplay and can be recharged while gaming
back to menu ↑
7.Turtle Beach XO
- High Quality 50 millimeters Speakers: Hear every crisp high and thundering low with these large 50 millimeters speakers
- Headset Audio Controller: Connects to any Xbox One controller and puts all audio controls conveniently at your fingertips
- Crystal Clear Chat: An adjustable, high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and can be removed when watching movies or listening to music
- Lightweight and Comfortable: Play for hours (or days) in complete comfort
- Ear Cushion: Mesh Fabric with Foam Cushioning
- Audio Connection:Xbox One Controller Expansion Port (Headset Audio Controller Connection) / 3.5 millimeters (Other Devices)
- Includes XO ONE Headset and Headset Audio Controller
back to menu ↑
8.Turtle Beach Atlas
- Durable Comfort - A sleek metal headband with a suspended pad and swappable magnetic memory foam ear cushions ensure unmatched comfort so you can focus on the game.
- Pro Gaming Mic with TruSpeak Technology - Communication is crucial in esports. Points are won and matches lost with a single command, and the Elite Atlas’s crystal clear noise-cancelling microphone with TruSpeak Technology is there to ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear.
- Aerofit Ear Cushions - Groundbreaking material technologies combine for the best of both worlds when it comes to competitive gaming and comfort. Smooth athletic fabric combined with memory foam keeps players comfortable. Separate internal and external leather sidewalls provide passive noise-isolation for blocking out the roar of the crowd, as well as deeper bass response for better sound.
- Large 50MM Nanoclear Speakers - The Elite Atlas headset features Turtle Beach’s large, powerful 50mm Nanoclear over-ear speakers, created specifically for esports to deliver the clearest team chat via crisper sound with less distortion for a game changing audio experience.
- ProSpecs Glasses Relief System - Turtle Beach’s patented ProSpecs Glasses Relief System is built into the Elite Atlas’s earcups, featuring an easy adjustment to create a small channel in the ear cushion allowing gamers who wear glasses to finally play in comfort.
back to menu ↑
- ♛ Specially designed for -Xbox One controller to connect your headset with a 3.5mm-audio jack.
- ♛ Most stereo gaming headsets with a 3.5mm-audio jack (that use the CTIA plug standard) can get chat and stereo game -audio directly through -Xbox One.
- ♛ No need to connect anything to the console or TV / receiver, just plug and play. (A microphone is required for chat.)
- ♛ Easily adjust chat-audio without taking your hands off the controller. Easy to use, just plug the stereo headset adapter into your controller and then connect the headset.
- ♛ Note: This adapter is only fit for -Xbox one controller without 3.5mm mic on rear shell.
back to menu ↑
- 【100% BRAND NEW and HIGH QUALITY】 Specially designed for Xbox One controller , to connect your headset with a 3.5mm audio jack. Most stereo gaming headsets with a 3.5mm audio jack (that use the CTIA plug standard) can get chat and stereo game audio directly through the Xbox One.
- 【EASY TO USE】Extremely small size and lightweight for portable use.Not required to connect anything to the console and receiver, plug and play, just plug the Stereo Headset Adapter that came with your headset into the controller and connect the headset. Easily adjust chat audio without taking your hands off the controller.(microphone is required for chat).
- 【GAME BALANCE BUTTON】Press to emphasize game audio. Chat Balance Button: Press to emphasize chatting audio. Volume Up: Press to increase overall game and chat volume. Volume Down: Press to lower overall game and chat volume. 12 PIN Interface: Plug into your Xbox One controller. 3.5mm Audio Jack: To connect any 3.5mm headset.
- 【LIFETIME WARRANTY】Please feel free to contact us at the first time.We will ALWAYS replace a faulty product or refund your purchase within 60days.
- 【NOTE】The stereo headset audio is not made by microsoft and it's a third party manufactured product.But it is as easy to use as the original.
back to menu ↑
Best Turtle Beach Headsets for Xbox 360 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Whether you game on an Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, or PC, gaming headsets are going to connect in essentially the same way. And most of these gaming headsets will present you the basic features whether you connect them to your Nintendo Switch or Xbox One.
But Turtle Beach produces specific models for different consoles. For some of these gaming headsets, you the differences are purely cosmetic, but you’ll generally want to find a gaming headset that’s specifically built for your console if you want the full range of features and best stability. Fortunately, they make that easy.
- Gaming headsets that come with a P in the name are designated as headsets for PS4.
- If a gaming headset features a PX, it’s built for PS4 but also compatible with the Xbox One.
- Gaming headset with the Z designation are going to be the best choice for PC gamers.
- There are no models specific to Nintendo Switch, but most of these models should work with a Nintendo Switch just fine.
If you’re an audiophile, you may be alarmed by the fact that the frequency response for most of these gaming headsets is only 20 Hz to 20 KHz. If you’re a gamer, that shouldn’t concern you much. That frequency response covers the whole range of human hearing, although it does mean that the density of the sound stage isn’t quite as expansive as it is with dedicated music headphones.
These are generally great sounding gaming headsets all around the board, and any issues with the sound stage or imaging is usually counterbalanced by the presence of surround sound in most of the gaming headsets that Turtle Beach create. If you decide that you want something that’s great for discerning music listening, you can always check out our guide to the best headphones for audiophiles in 2020.back to menu ↑
That aforementioned surround sound is one of the best Turtle Beach advantages. Plenty of gaming models they offer come with at least Dolby Digital Surround Sound, and that makes it much easier to identify opponents sneaking up on you and get a better sense of where gunfire is coming from. The best Turtle Beach headphones for gaming include Superhuman Hearing: a feature that expands the sound stage even further.back to menu ↑
If you want to get right in the thick of things, larger drivers are going to offer the best performance. In terms of sheer decibel levels, size does matter, but quality is just as consistent on the materials the speakers are made from. You should keep an eye out for models that are marketed as being made from Nanoclear. This driver format is specially tuned to Turtle Beach’s signature sound engineering and is available in top gaming headsets like the Turtle Beach Elite but can also be found in gaming headsets far less expensive than the Turtle Beach Elite.back to menu ↑
ProSpecs is a feature that comes packed into most of the headsets here, from high end wireless gaming headsets to budget price models. They come with channels built into the band that make space for glasses legs. It’s an incredibly effective inclusion that puts this brand a step above for the short- and nearsighted.back to menu ↑
TruSpeak is a technology devised by TB for the needs of the professional gaming community. It does one of the best jobs around of isolating surrounding noise while also offering solid sound reproduction. If you’re serious about competiting gaming, you should consider paying special attention to models that offer TruSpeak gaming tech.back to menu ↑
Some models come with the indicator of Amplified. That indicates headset that come with a separate wireless amplifier that can boost the bass performance significantly. But since it is wireless, you’ll have to look out for the battery life on these gaming devices. You can expect a battery life of 30 hours on most Amplified models. And if Amplified models are a little outside your price range, plenty of headsets also come with Bass Boost technology. While it won’t offer the same gaming audio boost as a wireless amplifier, Bass Boost is still a nice addition.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
What is the Best Turtle Beach Headset for Xbox One?
The Ear Force Elite 800 is arguably the best wireless headset that Turtle Beach offers. The battery life will last you the better part of a day, but the battery life isn’t the only positive. There are a ton of different audio presets specific to genres, and the virtual surround sound makes it easy to put yourself in the midst of virtual battlegrounds.back to menu ↑
Is Turtle Beach a Good Headset Brand?
Turtle Beach is one of the best headset brands, but their specialization means they aren’t going to be the favorite headsets for everyone. What they do exceptionally well is with budget and mid-range headsets, The sound quality starts to fall off in comparison to their contemporaries at the higher price range, but the range of cutting edge features and focus on gaming features and surround sound is strong for any price.back to menu ↑
What is the Difference Between Turtle Beach Headsets?
Turtle Beach has an incredibly expansive collection of headsets, and identifying all the differences between them would take a tremendous amount of space. On the good side, that means that whatever your need, you’re probably capable of finding a model that best fits your budget.back to menu ↑
What is the Best Gaming Headset?
The top models on this list set comfortably among the best gaming headsets altogether, but if you want to expand your search wider, we can help. Be sure to check out our review and shopping guide for the best gaming headsets of 2020.back to menu ↑
A Turtle Beach headset is a top place to start your search for one of the best gaming audio experiences you can get. Now a long-established household name across all the platforms, Turtle Beach has years of experience that have produced a modern, comprehensive range of products.