Best USB headsets for Call Center – We know that buying the best quality headset for your call center or office work can be a very overwhelming and involved task. This is because there are so many models on the market. If you want to make an informed and sound decision for your employees, you should closely look at what your agents need and what type of call center headset works best for them.
The headsets in our list offer you the best value for your money, especially from a work perspective. The best way to find out which headset works best for your employees is to try it. We hope that our list of top 10 headsets for call centers and buying criteria will make the decision easier for you.
Because few editorial reviews of USB headsets exist, we relied on our expert interviews and user reviews to hone our list of characteristics that all good USB headsets should have
- BLOCK BACKGROUND NOISE – Leitner wireless headsets improve the way you sound. The wireless headsets with microphone block out background noise so your callers will hear you and only you. Check out the sound demo in the videos section of our listing!
- PHONE AND COMPUTER HEADSET – The Leitner is both a wireless headset for desk phone and a wireless computer headset. Seamlessly switch between inputs with the press of a button. Since this is NOT a Bluetooth headset, the charging base connects to your devices and wirelessly connects to the cordless headset.
- TALK FOR UP TO 8 HOURS STRAIGHT – On a 1-hour charge and be comfortable while you do it due to the premium lightweight, ergonomic design, and adjustable headband. Unlike other telephone headsets, Leitner headsets feature UltraFlex headbands which are incredibly flexible. Check out the demo in our videos!
- UP TO 350-FOOT RANGE – The encrypted DECT 6.0 connection keeps your calls safe and secure. This makes it a great work from home headset with microphone, because you can go anywhere in your house or office and stay connected.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY AND UNLIMITED SUPPORT – That’s 5 times the warranty of most competitor wireless headsets! The warranty covers the battery too, ensuring your Leitner will last. Warranty guaranteed by Leitner Headsets. Our friendly US-based support is ready for any questions, inquiries or fine-tuning of your wireless work headset.
- Crystal Clear Sound; Digital Signal Processing (DSP) in Jabra audio devices will remove background noise and echo as well as protect the user against sudden high peaks in volume
- Range Up to m/ft 120/395
- UC Plug And Play; Jabra devices feature intuitive call control and seamless connection to all leading UC applications and softphones
- Remote Asset Management; Configure and implement the company's audio devices 100 percent remotely from one central point; You get the latest features and functionalities on one go with Jabra Xpress, a web based solution
- Safe Tone
- Cancel Everything - Be heard clearly at home or in the office with the noise-canceling electret microphone
- Full range sound brings games and conversations to life
- 8 foot cord maximizes movement
- USB Plug
- Headset with electret , noise reduction microphone for hands-free communication from your PC
- Ideal for PC voice applications, interactive gaming, and speech recognition
- Dynamic element for extended frequency response
- Foam ear cushions for open, hear-through sound
- Adjustable headband for a great fit
- PC, smartphone and tablet headset: Easy to connect and switch between devices
- Rich digital stereo sound: Laser-tuned speaker drivers, built-in equalizer and noise-cancelling mic for crystal clear calls and music*. Sensitivity (microphone)- -47dBV/Pa +/- 3dB. Sensitivity (headphone)- 97dB +/-3dB
- 40 ft. wireless range: Listen and chat up to 12 m from your PC-or pair with your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth. Input impedance: 32 Ohms
- Six-hour rechargeable battery : Listen and chat longer with easy USB charging. Frequency response (Headset): Wideband: 30Hz to 15KHz, Narrowband: 40Hz to 3.2KHz. Frequency response (Microphone): 100Hz to 6,500Hz
- Padded comfort: Adjustable padded headband and sculpted ear cups for a feel-good fit
- The NEW Rugged, State-of-The-Art, Professional-Grade Bluetooth
- Xtreme Noise Suppression Improves Communication (By Cutting an Industry Best 96% of Background Noise)!
- Talk For Up To 24 Hours, Up To 500 Hours of Standby Time, & Charge via Micro USB
- Multipoint Pairing For Use with Two Cell Phones OR a Cell Phone & PC at The Same Time
- MODULAR HEADBAND: The Discover Adapt 30 is THE ONLY wireless headset that can seamlessly switch between single and dual speakers- Both wearing options included!
- ADAPTS AS YOUR NEEDS CHANGE: Instead of purchasing new headsets as your phone systems change to a PC or mobile based application, simply add an inexpensive cartridge and your headset will now adapt to your new needs.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with 98% of of corded desk phones like Cisco, Avaya, Shoretel, Mitel, Polycom, Nortel, Yealink, Grandstream and more!
- WIRELESS FREEDOM: Up to 350 feet of wireless range to walk and talk on secure DECT technology and 9 hour battery on a single charge.
- PEACE OF MIND: You're covered with a 3 year warranty to ensure you're protected- 3x the industry standard.
- Designed with Skype in Mind: For professionals using Skype for Business, who require a consistently excellent hands-free communication solution
- HD Sound: Powered by a neodynium speaker for legendary Sennheiser HD sound to ensure a clearer and more natural voice & audio experience
- Easy Disconnect: Simple, quick release mechanism made to withstand the repetitive plugging and unplugging of shift changes
- Noise-Cancelling Technology: Filters out all unwanted background noise for crystal-clear conversations on calls
- State-of-the-Art Materials: Stainless steel hinges, brushed aluminum parts, & Vectran reinforced cables defend your headset against everyday use
- In-Line Call Control Unit: Answer or end your calls, control the volume, mute your mic and redial calls - all directly from your headset
- Peace of Mind: With a 2-year warranty on all headsets (including batteries), you never have to worry about the quality of your USB Business headset
- All-Day Comfort: Large leatherette ear-pads and unibody headband construction are built for maximum strength at stress points to ensure a comfortable experience
- ActiveGard Technology: Ensures protection against acoustic injury caused by sudden sound bursts on the line
- Easy Transporation: With foldable ear cups and the accompanying carrying case, bring your business headset wherever work takes you
- Compatible devices: Tablet
- Crystal Clear Chat Headset: Built in unidirectional microphone which can be twisted discretionarily picks up your voice loud & clear; Reduces unwanted background noise for clear conversation; Great ideal for Dragon speak, Online courses, Skype chat, call center, conference calls, webinar presentations and more
- 3.5mm Jack/USB Plug Connection Options: The 3.5mm jack audio cable can be detached from the control box which gives you an additional connection option for cell phones and tablet; Or you can use the USB plug with control box to work with PC; Long headset's cord offers flexibility to move around; Notice: Please do not connect with power amplifier
- Noise Reduction Sound Card & Easy Access Control: Convenient inline volume control & Mic/Speaker Mute for easy access; Built-in noise-reduction sound card of the control box lower noise output from devices; Provide outstanding audio on both transmit and receive
- Extended Wear Comfort: Headband and fluffy earpads pad with memory foam and wrapped by skin-friendly protein leather; Comfortably fit your head with the adjustable steel slider; Gentle Reminder: Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it may be a little tight for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage; In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hours to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use
- Multi Purpose & Wide Compatibility: This headset can be used mainly for chatting, secondarily for music, and if needed, as a backup to a priority gamer headset (It is NOT specially designed for gaming, please DON'T compare it with professional gaming headsets); Wide compatible with Windows 2000/7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet PC
Best USB headsets for Call Center – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Comfort: A USB headset should be pleasant to wear for extended periods. This means that it should have an adjustable headband (so that it doesn’t squeeze your head too hard) and ear pads that don’t feel too scratchy. Ideally, the headset should be light enough that you can comfortably wear it for an entire workday.
- Microphone quality: The primary purpose of a USB headset is to improve the clarity of your voice during calls compared to your computer’s built-in mic. You don’t want to sound too distant or sunken or too loud and bright; either can make you hard to understand. The best headsets pick up and transmit your voice clearly (usually by positioning the microphone at the end of an easily adjustable boom) without transmitting the sounds of normal breathing.
- Speaker quality: Nearly as important as microphone quality is that the headset improves your ability to comprehend what is being said by others during a call or what you choose to listen to when off a call. We did not expect USB headsets to compete with the audio quality of standalone headphones three times their price, but since calls conducted over Wi-Fi or cellular signals tend to have more noise and audio issues than calls over physical lines, it’s imperative that the headphones on your USB headset do not make the sound coming in even worse.
- Inline controls: We considered only models with an inline controller on the cord with at least a mute button and volume controls. Those controls should be large enough to use easily and arranged logically, and any buttons that toggle a setting such as a mute button should provide some sort of visual cue when engaged. Additional controls to activate calls or a busy-ness indicator were a bonus, considering that those types of buttons typically require specific third-party call software.
- Mute feedback: Knowing when and if you’re muted is vital when you’re on calls with clients or coworkers. Some headsets provide audible feedback in your headset whenever you hit the mute button by playing either ascending or descending chimes or a vocal recording that says “mute on” or “mute off.” Since this is an addition to the visual feedback we required, we considered audible feedback to be a cherry on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Call Center Headsets to Choose?
In any call center, a headset is the primary communication device for your call center agents and employees. This is why it is vital to choose a model that is comfortable, compatible, and sounds good. The best headset for call centers will also help in blocking out the noise and distraction in your call center or office. So, it will increase the productivity of your employees while avoiding the annoying distractions of a noisy and crowded office.
Keep in mind that even if there are just a few people in one room, talking over one another is likely to be a serious issue when dealing with customers. This is why if uncomfortable or unwieldy headsets distract your call center representatives or they cannot listen or communicate clearly during calls, their productivity and efficiency will suffer.