Best USB Headsets for Podcasting – In a nutshell, podcast headsets are of the utmost importance when putting together a decent podcast studio. The headsets you’re likely to come across at your local department store are perhaps not the best, which is why a good quality headset is needed. When choosing good quality headphones for podcasting, like the Audio-Technica BPHS1 or Sennheiser HMD 300 Pro-XQ-2 for instance, concentrate on professional-grade podcast gear.
Audio Technica’s Multimedia BPHS1 broadcast series headset is our pick for the best headset for recording. It offers a high quality audio output, and features a great mic.
The model is very comfortable over time, although the memory foam might need some getting used to. It could help you improve the quality of your podcasts, whether as a listener or content creator.
Pros & Cons
- Universal Business Headset: Mpow wireless Bluetooth headset with adapter, works with all leading operating platforms； Perfect for Skype for Business, Cisco, and more； It is also compatible with all of the most popular online voice call services； Note: The mute button is only available on cellphone, if you need to mute on Skype or other calling software on PC, please set it through software.
- Latest Bluetooth technology: Mpow Bluetooth headset can connect to your device faster and more stable; Features a wireless range of up to 33feet from your cellphone or PC; Notice: This Bluetooth headset cannot support dual connectivity to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Eliminate Noise: cVc8.0 noise cancellation to eliminate background noise and provide amazing sound on both ends of the call; A great choice for online meetings and online teaching.
- All Day Long: Up to 22 hours battery life with 2 hours charging; Over 200 hours standby time; Office headsets can be used for work during the day, always ready to listen to music or make a hands free calls.
- Work Effectively: With 90° rotation design, soft memory foam earmuffs of Mpow Bluetooth headsets automatically fit diverse ear shapes; Feel easier on ears, extend your wear time, and capture more concentration; The leather head beam padded with soft cushion offers unexpected comfort and minimizes pressure on heads
Pros & Cons
- Sades high-performance decoding chip, USB 7.1 channel surround sound effect for PC gamers with LED light. Experience an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see.
- Unique 4-pieces of reinforced padded headband offers levels of height adjustment for perfect fit. Extreme soft,comfortable and ventilate protein ear cushions guarantees hours of gaming comfort.
- The microphone is flexible for exact positioning. Spotlight design on the earcups. Little smart in-line Remote Control for sound and Mic.
- Updated closed earcups design USB PC Gaming Headset covers ears entirely. Cut out external sound effectively, and with none of the irritating 'seashell effect' many headsets suffer.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 10, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1. Drivers Ready to Download. MAC Generic Use. No Drivers.
Pros & Cons
- [Please Note The Compatibility] Our USB headset is designed to be compatible with PC, PS4 console (Not PS4 Controller) and laptop. If there’s no voice when you use the microphone on the PS4 console, please follow the instruction : Plug-in its USB into your PS4 Console > Go to "Settings" > "Devices" > "Audio Devices" > "Output to headphones" > Select "All Audio").
- [Clear 7.1 Surround Sound] Our gaming headset delivers rich and clear 7.1 Surround Sound that not only helps enhance your gaming experience but also help enhance spatial awareness of other players and enemies making it the perfect choice for gamers that want to win in FPS, fighting and action games.
- [Crisp Noise-canceling Microphone] This PS4 headset is designed with a noise-canceling microphone that delivers clear and crisp audio even during heated conversations with no delay. The rotating design enables it to pick up your voice in 360 degree so you can easily communicate with your team to be victorious in battle.
- [Lightweight & Soft Memory Foam] We designed our PC gaming headset to offer just the right balance of performance and comfort. It features soft yet high-density memory foam which coupled with the lightweight allows you to comfortably get through even the longest gaming sessions.
- [18 Months Warranty] We are dedicated to bringing gaming accessories and peripherals that are efficient, comfortable and stylish. As part of our after-sale service, please contact us if you have any issues with the product and we will help make things right for you.
Pros & Cons
- Value for money. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Noise canceling clarity
- USB Plug and Play
- Keep one ear free
- Light and comfortable; Connectivity Technology: Wired USB
- Frequency Response - 42 - 17000 Hz , Impedance - 32 ohm
- Included components: Sennheiser PC 7 USB, USB sound card
Pros & Cons
- Delivers high-sensitivity & reduced distortion
- Ideal for gamers
- Features anisotropic ferrite magnets
- Freq resp: 18hz-20khz. Sound level - 103dB SPL/1mW
- Oxygen-free copper voice coils improve signal transmission & conduction for a clearer & louder sound
Pros & Cons
- The MH752 gaming headset features premium quality sound with unprecedented comfort, ideal for those long battle Royale
- 40 millimeter neodymium drivers with virtual 7.1 surround sound Offer the situational awareness needed to hear footsteps and chests, while plush, lightweight ear cups provide a fit so comfortable, your pillow feels like bricks in comparison
Pros & Cons
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 KHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Built to last with a durable aluminum fork and steel headband. Soft memory foam earpads with passive noise-canceling leatherette offer supreme comfort
- Advanced PRO-G 50mm drivers deliver clear and precise sound imaging with improved bass response. Hear footsteps and environmental cues with clarity to give you the competitive advantage in game
- 6mm mic element delivers wider frequency response, lower signal to noise ratio, and higher sensitivity. Integrated pop and wind screen block unwanted noise. Detachable for easier travel or use with standalone studio mic (sold separately)
- Premium USB external sound card with EQ profile storage* delivers tournament-level game sound and voice comms. Use Logitech G HUB to save EQ settings to onboard memory to use or tournament systems *Requires PC running G HUB software
- Pro-designed EQ profiles available for download with Logitech G HUB software; onboard memory lets you save user- or pro-tuned 5-band EQ for tournament use. Sensitivity - 107 dB@1 KHz SPL 30 mW/1cm. Noise Isolation - up to 16 dB
- Change volume or mute your mic with inline control. 2m length so you’re not tied down. Connect with USB or 3.5mm audio port.
Pros & Cons
- EXCEPTIONAL AUDIO PERFORMANCE: Dual 40-mm speakers offer full-range audio with clear treble and deep rich base.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Lightweight and soft ear cushions extend comfort for all day wear including music, gaming, and phone calls.
- NOISE CANCELING MICROPHONE: Eliminates distracting background noise for Skype and Internet phone calls to make your voice sound crisp and clear.
- EASE OF USE: Plug-and-play functionality requires no software or complicated software; just plug USB connector into device.
- COMPATABILITY: Headset works with PCs and Macs for all music, gaming, and internet calls.
- Those new to audio experience on their computer may need to download their respective audio device driver.
Pros & Cons
- Swivel mechanism allows 90 degree turns to properly fit your ear angle
- Compact, fashionable design available in black or white to match your instrument
- Gold plated stereo plug and 2-meter cable for easy, convenient connection
- Comfortable listening for extended periods
Pros & Cons
- Designed for hands-free computer and multimedia applications, The ath-com1 provides a single earpiece with 40-millimeter driver for one-ear monitoring, along with a neodymium dynamic microphone for crisp, accurate vocal pickup. The flexible mic boom, cushioned ear pads and lightweight design provide added convenience and prolonged listening comfort. The open-back dynamic headset features a frequency response of 30 to 20, 000 Hz, a sensitivity of 90 dB and a maximum input power of 50 mW
Best USB Headsets for Podcasting – BUYER’S GUIDE
A lightweight build, padded cushions and larger ear cups, as well as a breathable lining material are a necessity for all headsets for podcasting. This will help you create your podcast over long hours without experiencing discomfort and fatigue.
Are you looking for a wired or wireless connection? Wireless headsets can offer convenient use around your recording space. Wired options deliver robust performance, even though their mobility is somewhat limited. A great headset may connect to a microphone for added value, but there are many high output recording microphones available that you could consider.
How do your headsets sound? The driver quality will make a world of difference when it comes to making podcasts. You will be less likely to experience a lower sound quality if you are using high quality headsets with a flat frequency response.
Sound isolation capacity
A great headset will minimize environmental noise, allowing you to focus on the podcast. The quality of your recording will increase, and you will be able to get longer takes on the first try.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a podcast headset?
Simply put, a podcast headset is a 2-in-1 piece of audio equipment that combines a pair of headphones and a microphone so that you don’t have to purchase and connect too many devices to your mixer or spend a lot of money to set up your studio.
Unlike regular headphones, the best podcast headset will often emphasize the midrange instead of the low or high frequencies since the human speech occupies mostly midrange frequencies.
Why use a podcast headset instead of headphones and microphone?
The most common reason for choosing one piece of equipment over two is to save money. While it’s true that not even the most high-end podcast headsets can beat the production value of a dedicated premium microphone and headset combo, it can still help you record studio-quality work.
Is the microphone more Important?
Both the microphone and headphones are important in a headset. If one component is too flimsy or subpar in terms of audio quality, it can throw off your whole plan for the podcast. You need to hear everything clearly while also recording everything clearly. Otherwise, your recording might sound all over the place, especially with multiple guests, and you may have to spend extra time editing and mixing.
Podcasts are all about great audio and having a quality podcast mic is the number one thing to get right and a best podcast headsets is virtually essential to creating a successful podcast, because they minimize the physical challenges of microphone placement while maximizing the quality of the audio.