Best Usb HeadSets for Skype – Our best overall pick, the Corsair HS60 Haptic, is a great and affordable USB headset that comes with everything you need to jump into your favorite game or movie. It delivers excellent audio, comfort, and reliability from an established brand in the video game industry. When you want to chat with friends, it has a solid microphone as well.
Our other picks are as unique as your varying needs when it comes to the best USB headsets. The next time you find yourself in need of a new USB headset, be sure to consult our suggestions to find one that works best for you.
USB headsets can offer superior comfort, whether you opt for the ultimate in reliability and sound such as the Corsair HS60 Haptic, or a business-oriented setup such as the Jabra Evolve 40 Stereo UC
Pros & Cons
- Product Description: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 - headset
- Product Type: Headset - wired
- Recommended Use: PC multimedia
- Localisation: EMEA
- Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural
Pros & Cons
- PC, smartphone and tablet headset: Easy to connect and switch between devices
- Rich digital stereo sound: Laser-tuned speaker drivers, built-in equalizer and noise-cancelling mic for crystal clear calls and music*. Sensitivity (microphone)- -47dBV/Pa +/- 3dB. Sensitivity (headphone)- 97dB +/-3dB
- 40 ft. wireless range: Listen and chat up to 12 m from your PC-or pair with your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth. Input impedance: 32 Ohms
- Six-hour rechargeable battery : Listen and chat longer with easy USB charging. Frequency response (Headset): Wideband: 30Hz to 15KHz, Narrowband: 40Hz to 3.2KHz. Frequency response (Microphone): 100Hz to 6,500Hz
- Padded comfort: Adjustable padded headband and sculpted ear cups for a feel-good fit
Pros & Cons
- [7.1 Virtual Surround Sound]: 50mm speaker unit neodymium magnets, built-in Usb audio sound card with 7.1 surround sound; all game sound effects & details will come to your ears to provide immersive gaming experience
- [Noise Cancelling Mic]: The customized unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality, to pick up your voice clearly and loudly. Retractable; easily to switch on/off, adjustable microphone volume.
- [Multifunctional & Convenient Controller]: Gaming headphones with in-line controller: volume adjuster, mic volume adjuster, microphone on/off; There is a clip so that you can attach it onto your T-shirt for convenient controls.
- [High Quality Building]: This pc gaming headset has sturdy construction, adjustable metal headband, flexible microphone, thick memory foam cushion pads, big & soft earmuff, tangle-free cord & decent package. Exclusively made for pro gamers, you can enjoy a long & comfortable gaming session.
- [Compatibility]: Headset with USB plug, compatible with personal computers, laptop computers. Software is easy to download and install for 7.1 surround sound effect.
Pros & Cons
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 65 wireless headphones feature superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER AND BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls and music. Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 23% less background conversation noise on your calls
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 65 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge. With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, they’re on-ear headphones built to keep pace with your busy schedule
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – When it comes to your wireless headset, true luxury is forgetting it’s there. Made with durable, premium materials, the soft memory foam cushions shape to your ears’ natural contours for incredible all-day comfort
- MS-OPTIMIZED – This Jabra headset works with all leading Unified Communications platforms and is optimized for Microsoft Teams as a plug-and-play experience. Includes the Jabra Link 380a (USB-A) Bluetooth adapter
Pros & Cons
- Value for money. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Noise canceling clarity
- USB Plug and Play
- Keep one ear free
- Light and comfortable; Connectivity Technology: Wired USB
- Frequency Response - 42 - 17000 Hz , Impedance - 32 ohm
- Included components: Sennheiser PC 7 USB, USB sound card
Pros & Cons
- Connects To: For a professional needing to connect to a PC/Mac using USB-A and/or mobile phone. Compatible with Microsoft Teams and other leading collaboration platforms.
- Ideal For: Users with extensive PC communication and collaboration use.
- Audio Performance: Superb Audio Quality - Noise canceling microphone ensures your voice is heard. Audio automatically switches between wideband for telephony & hi-fi stereo for music. SoundGuard DIGITAL protects against sound levels over 118dBA, sudden loud sounds & long-term exposure.
- Intelligent Features: Enhanced All Day Comfort & Portability - Ultra-soft leatherette ear cushions wrapped around pillow-soft memory foam provide all-day comfort. A lightweight cushioned metal headband offers durability and a comfortable custom fit.
Pros & Cons
- Connects To: PC/Mac via USB-A, mobile phone/tablet via 3.5 mm. Compatible with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other leading collaboration platforms
- Ideal For: Users with extensive PC communication and collaboration use
- Superb Audio Quality: Noise-canceling microphone ensures your voice is heard. Audio automatically switches between wideband for telephony & hi-hi stereo for music. Soundguard Digital protects against sound levels over 118Dba, sudden loud sounds & long-term exposure
- Enhanced All-Day Comfort & Portability: Ultra-soft leatherette ear cushions wrapped around pillow-soft memory foam provide all-day comfort. A lightweight cushioned metal headband offers durability and a comfortable custom fit
- Global Warranty & Wearing Style: 2 year global warranty; over-the-head, on-ear wearing style with two earpieces
Pros & Cons
- INDUSTRY-LEADING NOISE CANCELLATION – With industry-leading noise cancellation and sound quality, BlueParrott B350-XT blocks out 96% of background noise so you can hear and be heard clearly wherever you are
- EXPANDED WIRELESS RANGE – The all-new B350-XT headset features an expanded wireless range of 300 feet/100 meters Plus, near-field communication (NFC) streamlines pairing while up to 24 hours of talk time keeps you connected all day
- PREMIUM COMFORT – Designed for even more comfort and durability, BlueParrott B350-XT hands-free Bluetooth headset features a lightweight, adjustable headband and a flexible gooseneck mic boom that stays where you put it
- ULTRA-DURABLE DESIGN – Tough enough for life on the go with IP54-rated protection against dust and moisture, this is the ideal wireless headset for truck drivers, field services, retail, hospitality, and warehouse workers
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION – The customizable BlueParrott Button enables fast access to your favorite features such as mute, speed dial & more so you can set up the headset your way Also features streaming for GPS, music, and more
Pros & Cons
- Sades high-performance decoding chip, USB 7.1 channel surround sound effect for PC gamers with LED light. Experience an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see.
- Unique 4-pieces of reinforced padded headband offers levels of height adjustment for perfect fit. Extreme soft,comfortable and ventilate protein ear cushions guarantees hours of gaming comfort.
- The microphone is flexible for exact positioning. Spotlight design on the earcups. Little smart in-line Remote Control for sound and Mic.
- Updated closed earcups design USB PC Gaming Headset covers ears entirely. Cut out external sound effectively, and with none of the irritating 'seashell effect' many headsets suffer.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 10, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1. Drivers Ready to Download. MAC Generic Use. No Drivers.
Pros & Cons
Best Usb HeadSets for Skype – BUYER’S GUIDE
Comfort: Chances are you’ll be spending long periods of time using this headset. You’ll want to check out the cushions on the headphones as well as adjustability for the ideal fit. If you wear glasses, check reviews to see if the headset is comfortable with your frames. Lastly, the longer the headset’s cord the better, as you’ll be able to move around more.
Microphone Quality: All the headsets on our list feature a microphone with noise-reducing technology. However, some are better than others.
Sound Quality: As with any pair of cans, you’ll want to check the speakers’ power. This is sometimes listed as a dB measurement, but usually, you’ll need to peruse the headset’s reviews. Some of our headset picks also feature optional surround sound, but this usually requires downloadable software to utilize.
Compatibility: Not all headsets work with all hardware. Most are compatible with PCs, but some won’t work with Macs or specific gaming consoles (if you want to game as well). Be sure to check compatibility before buying.
Controls: All of our headphone picks have in-line controls, meaning there is a small control panel attached to the cord. This is very convenient for changing volumes and muting during a call. However, each headset has a different control setup – some being more intuitive and reliable than others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would you want to use a USB headset over a wireless one?
If having the freedom to walk around with your headset on doesn’t mean much to you, audio quality and fidelity probably does. That’s the biggest reason to opt for a USB headset over a wireless one. Also, some computers don’t have the type of USB connection you need to hook up these types of headsets, while others do. If you’re using a Mac computer, for instance, you likely have only USB-C connections, while many PCs tend to have USB-A connectors that make more sense for a USB headset. Wired headsets often have better fidelity when it comes to sound, too, so if you want to have the best audio possible without worrying about latency, you might opt for a wired USB headset.
Can I fine-tune audio preferences without third-party software?
It depends on the type of headset you purchase. Some come with on-board audio controls that let you perform certain tweaks with physical buttons. Others work in tandem with special apps that you have to install to make these alterations. If you’re concerned with how you’ll have to go about changing your audio preferences, you’ll want to install the apps required by each manufacturer. You can usually find out this information by checking the packaging or searching then product’s official website.
Why is a detachable mic important?
If you don’t like to chat with people during gaming sessions, or you don’t play games and prefer to just enjoy music, movies, or TV shows, you can typically move the mic out of your way. Some people would much rather remove it from the equation entirely. A detachable mic lets you do just that, so it never gets in the way or impedes you from what you’re currently doing. This way, not only does the headset look sleeker and more attractive to some, but it doesn’t have any unnecessary parts that could be inadvertently damaged.
Are USB headsets really good for use when gaming?
Yes, they’re a great choice for gaming or accomplishing just about anything else you may need in terms of audio. Since they’re wired, they’ll offer far less latency than wireless devices. Many of them also have the same features, be it hardware or software, that you can expect from their wireless brethren. If you have a long enough cord and don’t mind dealing with that kind of connection, you should have a pleasant experience with a USB headset no matter what game you decide to play.
If you work in a call center or other office-based occupation that requires you to make a lot of phone calls, you know how vital a quality office headset can be. And because a large portion of us are now working from home thanks to the coronavirus, it’s more important than ever to have something at home. Here’s what you should be considering.