Best Usb Headsets with Microphone – Whether you’re looking for basic USB headsets you can make calls with, a lightweight model that can provide you with clear sound performance and comfortable ear pads during long gaming sessions, or a simple pair of headphones that you can also use to make personal calls, we’re sure there’s a device here that you’ll love to add to your collection. We hope you find a solid match that you’ll enjoy, and we hope you’ll continue to use HotRate when you’re trying to search for great deals. We guarantee you we’ll put in the effort to offer you only the best product reviews and guides.
But there are some features that will benefit some applications more than others, and we’re here to help you understand what constitutes the best USB headset for your specific needs. Keep reading to learn more about the fundamentals and develop the skills you need to shop for a USB headset like a pro.
Whether you’re looking to buy a headset for gaming, for work, or as a means to take calls on your daily commute, the fundamental features and specs you should pay attention to aren’t going to change all that much.back to menu ↑
- PROFESSIONAL JABRA HEADSET – Work smarter with the Jabra Evolve2 30 Headset. It’s a telework headset that opens doors to enhanced comfort, seamless collaboration and instant concentration anywhere, whoever you are, and however you like to work.
- CLEAR, COLLABORATIVE CALLS – Our advanced 2-microphone audio system captures your voice while simultaneously analyzing & reducing noise around you. Plus, the integrated busylight on this pro headset turns on automatically to signal ‘do not disturb’ mode.
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – We measured hundreds of heads to engineer a work headset that’s lighter and extremely comfortable. The reinforced steel headband and expert design exerts gentle, evenly distributed pressure for all-day comfort.
- NOISE-ISOLATING DESIGN – Evolve2 30 office headset is specifically engineered to deliver portable concentration, cancelling 48% more of the noise around you with memory foam oval ear cushions and pioneering angled ear cup design.
- MS-OPTIMIZED – This on-ear headset works with all leading Unified Communications platforms and is Microsoft Teams certified with a dedicated Teams button for truly seamless collaboration. Simply unbox, plug in and go. Features a USB-A connection.
back to menu ↑
- Stereo - Black - USB type A - wired - 20 Hz - 20 khz - over-the-head - binaural - supra-aural - noise Cancelling microphone
- Available in monaural (C3210/C3215) or Hi-Fi stereo with passive noise reduction (C3220/C3225)
- Variants include universal USB or usb-c
- Connectivity technology: wired
- Minimum frequency response: 20 Hz
- Maximum frequency response: 20 khz
- Earpiece type: binaural
- Microphone technology: noise Cancelling
- Weight (approximate): 4.16 oz
back to menu ↑
- Crystal Clear Chat Headset: Built in unidirectional microphone which can be twisted discretionarily picks up your voice loud & clear; Reduces unwanted background noise for clear conversation; Great ideal for Dragon speak, Online courses, Skype chat, call center, conference calls, webinar presentations and more
- 3.5mm Jack/USB Plug Connection Options: The 3.5mm jack audio cable can be detached from the control box which gives you an additional connection option for cell phones and tablet; Or you can use the USB plug with control box to work with PC; Long headset's cord offers flexibility to move around; Notice: Please do not connect with power amplifier
- Noise Reduction Sound Card & Easy Access Control: Convenient inline volume control & Mic/Speaker Mute for easy access; Built-in noise-reduction sound card of the control box lower noise output from devices; Provide outstanding audio on both transmit and receive
- Extended Wear Comfort: Headband and fluffy earpads pad with memory foam and wrapped by skin-friendly protein leather; Comfortably fit your head with the adjustable steel slider; Gentle Reminder: Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it may be a little tight for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage; In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hours to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use
- Multi Purpose & Wide Compatibility: This headset can be used mainly for chatting, secondarily for music, and if needed, as a backup to a priority gamer headset (It is NOT specially designed for gaming, please DON'T compare it with professional gaming headsets); Wide compatible with Windows 2000/7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet PC
back to menu ↑
- sennheiser precision audio engineering combines with 7.1 dolby surround sound to create the ultimate, expansive soundscape experience so you can fully immerse yourself in the game
- the unique headband design provides adjustable contact pressure and a customized fit providing the most comfortable wearing experience
- an intuitive volume control on the right ear cup puts on-the-fly audio adjustment at your fingertips for easy volume control while you're playing
- desktop and laptop compatibility. the gsp 550 can be used with mac and console systems using the optional gsp 505 pc cable or gsa 506 console cable.
- a usb connected, in line dongle provides dolby 7.1 surround sound processing compatible with pc systems.
- perfect fit - an innovative headband and a new dual axis metal hinge design allow the gsp 550 adjust perfectly to different head sizes and face shapes.
- dolby 7.1 surround sound is activated with a single button click on the inline dongle. intuitive pc software provides four sound equalizer modes to optimize game type to your listening preference.
- Connectivity technology: Wired
back to menu ↑
5.Nulaxy USB Headset
- 【Crystal Clear Sound & Noise Cancellation】: Equipped with a built-in sound card, Nulaxy USB headset provides a crystal clear audio quality, bringing you a pleasant call experience. The unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone that only picks up sound from a specific side or direction can reduce unwanted background noise well.
- 【Headphone Jack & USB Plug Connections】: The microphone features a USB plug and a 3.5mm jack audio cable, meeting with various connecting needs such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and PC. Moreover, the flexible length(up to 2.2m) of cable gives you freedom when wearing the wired headset.
- 【Easy to Control & Adjustable】: With a control box on the USB Plug, you can get easy access to inline volume control and Mic/Speaker Mute. Adjustable headband and rotatable ear pads can fit your head well. The 270°range of rotation that the microphone provides allows you to adjust it to the most suitable position and the side you prefer (microphone on the left/right).
- 【Lightweight & Comfortable】: Since the PC headset has a weight of 3.52 ounce, there will be no restraint pressure from all-day wearing. The high elastic and breathable ear cushion brings you all-day comfort.
- 【Plug and Play & Wide Compatibility】: This headset is easy to use with a plug and play setup. And it is suitable for multiple devices and systems, like Windows 2000/7/8/10/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Tablet, PC. Tip: If the headset is plugged into a computer with Window 7 system and there in no response, please set the headset as the default playback device according to the following steps: Control Panel--Hardware and Sound--Sound--Choose the “USB Audio Device” and click ”OK”
back to menu ↑
- 【2-In-1 Control For Wide Compatibility】EBODA D298 PLUS equipped with 3.5mm connector and detachable USB plug, Connect the headset to the PC with a USB plug, or with a 3.5 mm audio cable to tablets, cell phones and more devices can easily control the volume and mute via the control panel. Tips: Please choose a USB connection if you want to activate the volume and microphone control.
- 【HD Stereo Audio For Clear Conversation】 The USB headset Built-in microphone picks-up your voice loud & clear, 270°flexible rotation boom MIC brings optimum voice capture, Reduces unwanted background noise for clear conversation. Great ideal for Dragon speak, Online courses, Skype chat, call center, conference calls, webinar presentations and more. Note: Please point the mic to your mouth for optimum conversation effect.
- 【All-Day Comfort】 EBODA PC headset's earmuffs are made from breathable soft protein memory foam and wrapped by Skin-friendly protein leather enhance all-day wearing comfort. Super lightweight computer headset with adjustable headband to fit all head sizes, comfortable USB headset is perfect for those who take a high volume of calls each day, such as call center staff, office workers, customer service users, phone job staff etc.
- 【Flexible and Durable】 270°flexible Mic boom can be easily adjusted as your needs. Sturdy yet comfortable computer PC headset withstands the most demanding environments. Precision design, quality materials, unibody headband construction, superior quality mic makes this call center phone headset with Mic sturdier and more durable. SIMPLE AUDIO CONTROLS: Easy to access volume and mute controls in the cord, you can quickly adjust the headset volume up/down, mute/un-mute the microphone or speaker.
- 【Noise Cancelling Microphone】Speech clarity is also an important aspect in a coputer headset. EBODA's upgraded microphone pickup design allows you to avoid background noise even in a multi-person office / learning environment. The microphone can adjust the angle arbitrarily, avoiding plosives and saliva and ensuring that you can clearly pick your voice.
back to menu ↑
- INDUSTRY-LEADING NOISE CANCELLATION – Upgraded to keep pace with the demands of life on the go, BlueParrott B450-XT blocks out 96% of background noise so you can hear and be heard clearly wherever you are
- IMPROVED WIRELESS RANGE – Upgraded to Bluetooth 50 for better connectivity, this hands-free headset features a long wireless range of 300 feet/100 meters Plus, with VoiceControl, you can answer or reject calls with just your voice
- PREMIUM COMFORT – With a padded headband & large, cushioned earcups, BlueParrott B450-XT is built for improved comfort for all-day use Plus, with up to 24 hours of talk time on a single charge & USB-C charging, it’s easier than ever to stay connected
- ULTRA-DURABLE DESIGN – Tough enough for life on the go with IP54-rated protection against dust and moisture, this is the ideal wireless headset for truck drivers, field services, retail, hospitality, and warehouse workers
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION – The BlueParrott App provides easy firmware upgrades and feature selection, with no need to connect to a computer Plus, the customizable BlueParrott Button enables fast access to your favorite features such as mute, speed dial, and more
back to menu ↑
8.LG Tone Flex HBS-XL7
- 32-Bit hi-fi dac-get premium-quality sound that lasts for hours. 32-Bit hi-fi DAC upscale audio files to a higher resolution without compromising battery endurance
- Sound by meridian-experience three-dimensional audio that’s remarkably close to the original recording with rich bass and clear treble
- Fast access & response from Google assistant - just press and hold the Google Assistant button
- Dedicated Google assistant button-activate your personal concierge without having to reach for your phone. Just push and hold the dedicated Google assistant button to ask questions or translate many languages
- Fast charging-no time? No problem. Just 10 minutes of charging will give you three hours of playtime
- Dual microphones-two mics make sure every conversation is crystal clear
- Music listening time-8 hours of playtime will keep you in your groove all day long
- Included Components: Headset, Extra Eargels, Type-C Charging Cable, User Manual, Warranty Card
- Compatible Phone Models: Universal
back to menu ↑
- Wired gaming headset certified for Hi Res Audio, with detachable braided cable with in line audio control
- Bluetooth wireless technology for on the go connectivity and intuitive onboard controls
- HyperX dual chamber drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Built in mic and a detachable boom mic. Impedance: 40 Ohm
- Signature HyperX comfort and durability
back to menu ↑
- 【50MM Dual Neodymium Drivers for Crystal Sound】 With a 50mm high audio driver, the RUNMUS gaming headset offers an incredibly immersive experience for both games and music. When playing games, you can communicate effectively and clearly with your teammates and better recognize the sound of gunfire and footsteps of enemies which can give you an edge in competitive games like CS:GO or PUBG.
- 【Soft & Adjustable Headband for Long-term Wearing】 To give gaming lovers a comfortable wearing experience, the PC headset is designed with retractable headband and soft breathable ear pad with lightweight material. With this ergonomic design, you won’t feel any discomfort even if you wear our gaming headset for a long time.
- 【Multi-Platform Compatibility】 To provide players with a rich gaming experience, our PS4 headset is designed for all 3.5mm devices like PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, PC, Switch, Laptop, Mac. Please note you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.
- 【Noise Cancelling Mic & Cool Led Light】 To make our PC gaming headset more practical, a noise canceling microphone is designed to minimize any unnecessary background noise, which means your voice is captured clearly. LED light design can create a realistic gaming atmosphere. The USB plug is only for gaming headphones lighting.
- 【Adjustable & Flexible for Your Needs】 Come with the retractable headband and flexible microphone, RUNMUS gaming headset provides better gaming experience. Adopt with a high-density nylon cord, our gaming headset reduce the abrasion caused by moving to the most extent and ensure the long service life of the headset.
back to menu ↑
Best Usb Headsets with Microphone – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
The first question to ask yourself (as well as the easiest one to answer) is whether or not the headset you’re looking at will work with your computer. Not all headset models will work with every version of every operating system. Sometimes that’s due to proprietary standards. Microsoft naturally doesn’t want people using their USB headset on a Mac computer, and Apple is similarly territorial about the hardware that they bring to market. But sometimes, the compatibility of a headset with your device is a matter of the tech built-in.
Don’t just look for compatibility with the operating system in general. Make sure that the headset you’re looking for is compatible with your version of the operating system. For most cheaper headset models in the $20 price range, this shouldn’t be a big deal, but if you want access to features like surround sound, you may want to pay closer attention to the specs. The Razer Kraken Kitty gaming headset, for instance, will work with a wide variety of different operating systems, but it can only employ THX 7.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10. That exclusion might not make it worth the $150 price tag for some users, since it’s arguably the best feature that this headset offers.back to menu ↑
Before you go out and purchase a USB headset, you need to ask yourself what you’ll be using it for. Models that are designed to be used as part of the workplace experience tend to prioritize compatibility with voice chat applications, so that you can get access to the important VoIP functionalities it takes to run a modern business, and the more straightforward approach to their design means that they tend to be relatively inexpensive.
Headphones gaming enthusiasts should use cost more but tend to deliver a more luxurious experience. Features like surround sound and compatibility with Discord aren’t going to be much value at all towards professionals looking for a USB headset, but they’re the best choices if you want a gaming headset or something for listening to music. We’ll get into the specifics of those features and specs below, but we recommend that you consider what you’ll be using your USB headset for so you can zero in on the factors that you should be paying the most attention to for the ideal experience at the best price.back to menu ↑
When looking at microphone quality, there’s one factor to consider above all else: whether or not it’s a noise-canceling microphone with sound isolation. That’s something that we made a necessity for every brand of USB headset that we included on our list, but it’s something you should pay close attention to when you’re shopping for a USB headset that’s not on our list.
A unidirectional model offers higher mic quality because it only picks up the sound that’s broadcast directly into it. That means that you don’t have to worry about background noise or feedback sabotaging your experience. And while it’s one of the features most important when you’re working in a busy office, it’s also one of the best features to pay attention to when looking at a USB gaming headset.
Another factor to consider when looking for microphones is whether or not the headset allows you to adjust the mic. This is known as a boom mic, and it’s one of the best options if you plan on alternating between using your headset as headphones. If you want to listen to music with high audio quality or alternate between single and multiplayer games without sacrificing how comfortable to wear it is, a boom mic is an essential. It reduces the risk of projecting sound from your mouth when you don’t want to, and it can help you when you’re juggling calls while also talking to people in the same room.back to menu ↑
Most inexpensive headsets are going to come with basic stereo sound, although a rare few of the cheaper models rely solely on mono sound. What’s the difference? Stereo sound projects the sound through two channels, and that allows for a greater sense of fidelity. If you’re just using your headset for making basic phone calls, mono sound should be just fine, but the price differences are small enough that we suggest you make a jump towards stereo sound.
You may want to aim for a higher audio quality if you really want to immerse yourself in your favorite games, movies, or music. Many of the more expensive USB headsets come with some variation of 7 channel surround sound. While this won’t deliver the full surround sound experience that you’d get by setting up a series of connected speakers into your living room, they do create a greater sense of depth of sound that creates a strong sound stage and lets you feel like you’re in the midst of the experience you’re trying to relive.back to menu ↑
Frequency response is something that comes up a lot when we discuss headphones, but it’s still relatively important when looking for a headset. The frequency response refers to the range of sound that headphones can deliver. Lower numbers refer to the level of bass reproduction, while higher numbers typify the higher registers extending into trebles. The human register for the frequency response range is between 20 and 20,000 Hz, but having a range that goes outside these parameters can deliver a richer sound quality for everything within that audible sound register.
Is frequency response going to be that important if you just wear your headset to make business or personal calls? Not really. Even USB headsets that don’t cover the full frequency response range are going to be capable of delivering other voices and traditional sound without distortion or difficulty. But if you’re looking for a headset for gaming, music, or movies, you’ll want a device that offers a wider range. Explosions, high pitched noises, and every other sound on the register will sound richer, and while it won’t help you too much when trying to communicate with your teammates over your mic, it can dramatically impact how immersed you are in the experience.back to menu ↑
When we talk about drivers, we’re referring to the small speakers that are packed into each ear cup, and the quality and size of these drivers can have a pretty dramatic impact on sound performance. For casual and business users, the driver size likely won’t be that big of a deal. Unless you’re in a very loud environment, any driver should deliver clear enough performance for calls.
But if you want the best sound performance possible for gaming or films, you should keep an eye out for a higher rating driver. A larger driver can deliver louder sound, and they also tend to offer crisper and cleaner audio fidelity. That said, the driver size isn’t the be all and end all of sound quality. While you should pay attention to driver size when looking for the best headset to wear, you’ll get more value by reading Amazon and professional reviews to get a more detailed analysis of the sound quality.back to menu ↑
Obviously, all of the headsets on our list are going to come with USB connections. USB comes with a number of advantages that include the ability to deliver higher sound quality without the need to rely on the connected device’s sound card and a lack of feedback, but there’s something to be said for the advantages that come from a 3.5 mm connector too. These make it easy to connect your mic and headset to other devices like phones and gaming controllers, although the sound reproduction tends to be less high fidelity through a 3.5 mm connection. But if you want to regularly swap between different devices, getting a model with both USB and aux inputs is a good idea.
You may have noticed that we haven’t included any wireless headsets on our list. While there are a lot of wireless models that use USB connectors, we considered that outside our purview for our list. If you do decide you want a wireless model, you can always check out our guide to the best wireless gaming headsets of 2020.back to menu ↑
If you want to invest in a quality headset, you should look for one that you can wear for a long time. That’s where build quality comes in. Cheap plastic headsets are a dime a dozen, but you could end up spending more money in the long term by having to replace them every few months. By contrast, getting a headset made out of aluminum, steel, or carbon fiber is a great way to ensure that your headset will last for years. For that reason, we suggest that if you have the money to do so, be willing to invest a little more for the sake of long term finances.back to menu ↑
Noise Cancelling Functionality
We’ve already talked about the advantage of noise cancelling technology built into mic models when making calls, but noise cancelling can apply to the ear pads as well. While you want to make sure that the people on the other end of your calls can hear you, you also want to ensure that the noise around you doesn’t affect your ability to hear calls.
Active noise cancelling features are popular among people who like to wear more advanced headphones, but they tend to be significantly less common in headsets. ANC works by creating signals that counterbalance background noise and filter it out of what you hear. But just because it’s hard to find ANC headsets doesn’t mean that you can’t find models with passive noise cancelling functionality. You’ll want to wear thicker ear pads that cover the entire ear completely. While they may not make use of any advanced technology, they do create a seal around your ears that will drown out everything but the people on the other end of your calls.back to menu ↑
How much can you expect to pay for headsets? That will vary some, but there are some standards you can look for. Entry level, feature light headsets typically cost around $20 or less with more advanced professional models approaching $100. If you want a top of the line gaming headset, expect to pay somewhere in the range of $150 to $250.back to menu ↑
The best mic quality and features in the world are only going to be a small relief if your headset isn’t comfortable to wear. But what’s comfortable for you has a lot to do with your personal sensibilities. Ask yourself if you prefer a lighter headset with just one cup or a heavier one that offers a lot of padding and full coverage of your ears. Memory foam is common in headsets, and it’s usually supplemented by heat reducing materials that keep the thick cups from smothering your ears too much. Leatherette is usually the best material for the exterior of the headphones, but in any case, you want to find materials that conform to the shape of your ears and also sport a breathable surface.
It’s just as important to pay attention to how the headband is designed. Some users prefer a snug fit, and that’s a great way to help minimize the presence of background sound, but it also creates an uncomfortable sensation for a lot of consumers. This is a situation where finding what works for you could require some trial and error, so we highly suggest that you take the time to try on some models so that you can find what suits your sense of style.back to menu ↑
Weight and Size
It’s natural that a more lightweight headset is going to feel more comfortable over your ears, and that’s an especially important factor to pay attention to when you’re looking at a model that you can wear for long gaming sessions or for an entire workday. While a few of the more serious gaming headsets can weigh a few pounds, the more lightweight models typically just weigh a few ounces. That said, lightweight models also tend to be lighter on features, so you may have to make the sacrifice of a weightier model if you want a headset packed with the latest tech.
The dimensions are something else you should pay attention to. How bulky is the headset, and will it be easy to carry with you? Larger headsets can be uncomfortable, while smaller headsets might not fit you right if you have a larger head. We recommend that you take the time to try some models on so you can get a feel for the type of headset that’s well suited to you. A smaller size can also benefit you if you plan on traveling regularly with your headset. Some models can fold up or come with a carrying case, making them a great choice for taking with you on the go.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Are USB Headsets Better?
USB headsets have a couple of major advantages over headsets that use a more traditional 3.5 mm aux connection. The primary advantage is that they include their own digital to analog converter (DAC). In practical terms, that means higher sound quality that doesn’t rely on the sometimes underwhelming sound card of your computer or other device as well as a lower risk of feedback. It also allows you to multitask by playing music or video sound through your computer’s speaker and employing a separate sound channel through your headphones.back to menu ↑
What is the Best USB Headset for VOIP?
If you want a headset that’s almost guaranteed to work with any voice over IP platform you can imagine, we can’t recommend the Jabra Evolve 40 enough. It’s been tested meticulously to work with major services like Skype as well as a huge variety of lesser known and more specialized VOIP services. If you’re looking to make IP calls without having to worry about compatibility, we think it’s the best model, and it’s available for a very affordable price.back to menu ↑
Which HyperX Headset is the Best?
HyperX sits alongside Razer and SteelSeries as a top brand for gamers looking for the best headset, but he Cloud Revolver S is our standout winner among the products HyperX produces. The Cloud Revolver S headset is comfortable to wear, and it sits comfortably in the middle of the price points for HyperX mic headphones. The powerful drivers, compatibility with Discord, and ear pads reinforced with memory foam ensures that the Cloud Revolver S provides the customer with an all around stellar experience without costing a fortune.back to menu ↑
What is the Best Gaming Headset of 2020?
The Razer Kraken Kitty is our pick for the best USB headsets of 2020. The Razer Kraken’s THX Spatial tech offers some of the best surround sound performance we’ve found on the market, and the ear cups feel very comfortable. There are also a ton of cool features like the ability to handle emotes directly through the compatible app. And if the RGB enabled cat ears on the Razer Kraken are a little too flamboyant for you, there are a few more traditional variants of the same headphones available that deliver the same quality surround sound performance.back to menu ↑
USB headsets have become a ubiquitous accessory for gamers, but that doesn’t mean that’s the only thing they’re useful for. Whether you’re looking for a hands free way to talk during your daily commute or a way to field all of your conference calls at the office while keeping your hands free and not disturbing your cubicle neighbors, a USB headset offers a reliable and savvy way to make the most of your time. That doesn’t mean you should just pick up the first USB headset you find on the shelf.