There are plenty of great instruments available under the $300 price point. Spending a little time researching the top cheap keyboard options can help to ensure you get the right model for you.
Best 88 key keyboard Under 200 – As you can see from our list of best keyboards under $200, there is a lot of variation within this price range. To make the best choice for your own needs, you should work out the environment in which you will be using the keyboard (does it need to be portable?) and other factors including whether you are a beginner or an experienced player.
Some keyboards feel more like pianos, some have more of a ‘synthesizer’ vibe to them. Some can teach you to play, whereas others will allow you to assign multiple sounds and use them as a performance workstation.
Purchasing the best keyboard under $200 depends on your playing experience and your needs. We recommend our Editor’s Choice – the RockJam 61 Key model. Not only does it come with a handful of accessories, but it is also easy to use and beginner-friendly.back to menu ↑
- This RockJam 88 digital piano keyboard has 88 full-sized, semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys that closely replicate the feel of a real piano.
- This weighted keyboard piano is packed with modern features including ten unique voices (upright piano, electric keyboard piano, grand piano, strings, synth, bass, guitar, percussion, Hammond organ, and church organ.)
- The inbuilt stereo speakers on this electric keyboard deliver a powerful 24 Watts of sound.
- This full-size keyboard piano includes a headphone input so you can practice in privacy and without disturbing others.
- This piano keyboard with weighted keys includes a USB input so you can play along to your favorite songs.
- Inputs on this 88 key weighted keyboard include; ¼ Inch (6.35 mm) sustain pedal input (pedal not included), ¼ Inch (6.35 mm) soft-pedal input (pedal not included), 7 pin sostenuto pedal input (pedal not included), and ¼ Inch (6.35 mm) microphone connector (microphone not included.)
- Piano keyboard outputs; ¼ Inch (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for private practice (headphones not included), stereo Aux output to connect to an external recording desk, mixing device, amplifier, or sound system.
- Exclusive access to content within the Simply piano application for both iOS and Android devices to assist in learning piano for beginners.
- Keynote stickers are included within the keyboard piano package that are both easy to fit and giving you a visual indication of the right keys to play.
back to menu ↑
- A Digital Piano That’s Tailored to You - Feature-packed electric keyboard with 88 premium full-sized semi weighted keys with adjustable touch response to suit your preferred playing style
- Premium Sounds - 5 voices (Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Synth, and Bass), built-in FX: Chorus, Reverb, and 2 built in 20W speakers that deliver crystal-clear, room-filling sound
- All The Right Connections - ¼” sustain pedal input (pedal not included), ¼” stereo headphone output for private practice and stereo RCA outputs for connection to speakers/amplifiers
- Play the Keyboard Wherever You Go - Power via the included power adapter or 6 D cell batteries (not included) for professional piano performance anywhere
- Powerful Educational Features - Standard, split, layer, and lesson modes with 128-note max polyphony and Skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons
- Interactive Piano Lessons Included - 60 Free Virtual Lessons from melodics to hone your skills for any genre or technique you want to master
back to menu ↑
- Flawless, authentic range of sound: Built-in speakers offer tremendous sound, complete with 255 Timbres, 255 rhythms, 61 keyboard percussions, and 24 demonstration songs. Stereo outputs and a headphone jack can be used to listen through external speakers or with the included headphones.
- Integrated learning system: Designed for beginner to intermediate-level use, this multi-function keyboard piano features 61 lighted keys, providing a traditional piano or organ feel for versatile learning and an exciting acoustic experience. Keyboard comes with a complete set of transparent stickers to label the piano keys in order to simplify and accelerate piano mastery.
- Deluxe effects & features: Ideally suited to master finger control, this portable piano keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as vibrato, sustain, & ensemble. Additional features include rhythm sync and fill-in, tempo adjustment, accompanying volume, and a master volume control.
- Record & playback, with microphone & headphones: Belt out in song or discreetly practice on headphones, along with the option to record and playback for improved performance. Includes microphone with a 4' cord, audio input, output, and headphones.
- Easy set-up with stand and stool: Ready-to-use right out of the box, just power with 6 AA batteries (not included) and take this compact, lightweight musical keyboard on the road or to lessons, or plug the US-standard 110 -120 volt power adapter into the wall for extended play sessions. A sturdy metal keyboard stand meets varied needs with 3-position adjustable height functionality (22", 24-1/2", and 27").
back to menu ↑
4.YI-YU Waterproof Keyboard
- ★The bumpy anti-skid foot pad design, slide, let you use it safely and at ease.
- ★Foot pad design with uneven texture on the bottom of the keyboard, high friction coefficient is not easy
- ★Elevation angle design, tilt angle conforms to ergonomics, can reduce the fatigue caused by long-term use, and make you more relaxed!
- ★Gold-plated USB interface, improve the accuracy and speed of data transmission in all aspects, intimate paste storage design, super 1.8 meters long line can also be very neat. Plug and play, it is the exclusive equipment for gamers!
- 100% satisfactory after-sales service: we are full of confidence in product quality! If you find that our products have quality problems, please contact us, we will immediately solve the problem for you
back to menu ↑
- Hundreds of high quality voices, complemented by Drum kits and Special FX kits, that bring variety and authenticity to your music.
- Whether you are playing country, rock and roll, or a samba, styles bring your music to life by adding natural feeling accompaniment instruments to your playing.
- Smart Chord lets you play great-sounding chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th chords with only a single finger.
- 61 full-sized keys are great for learning and developing keyboard playing technique.
- Power adapter sold separately.
back to menu ↑
- 【Complete Timbre & Rhythm】 LAGRIMA LAG-410 61-key electronic keyboard piano has built-in dual speakers can provides 225 tones, 225 rhythms and 24 demo songs. Use the optional 8 percussion instruments and drum sound kits to help maintain the rhythm. This electronic music keyboard is perfect for all It can be used by beginners and performers of different skill levels, children or adults, bringing you superb sound quality.
- 【61 Imitation Piano Keys】 Full-size 61 key keyboard piano This multi-function keyboard piano has 61 keys, designed for beginners to intermediate use, and brings general learning and exciting acoustic experience to traditional pianos or organs. The 3-step teaching function makes it easier and faster for beginners or children to learn and play the piano. The piano also has the functions of adjusting volume/rhythm/ensemble, synchronization and sustaining.
- 【Recording & Replay】 LAGRIMA LAG-410 61-key electronic keyboard with recording function, plug in headphones is your own secret music world. The playback function can also help the performer recall the performance effect and make targeted connections to improve the performance ability.
- 【Unlimited Expansion】 The LAGRIMA LAG-410 61 key music keyboard has an audio input/output/microphone jack(without USB port). The audio input can be connected to your other electronic devices to simulate the sound of a variety of musical instruments. The audio output is connected to an external speaker, and the microphone can sing. The large-size digital display is clearer, and you can have a professional concert-like shocking experience at home.
- 【Multifunction】 This portable piano keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as vibrato, sustain, & ensemble. Additional function include rhythm sync and fill-in, tempo adjustment, accompanying volume, and a master volume control.
back to menu ↑
- Fun and inspiring keyboard for beginning musicians
- Loop Mix allows you to build songs by simply playing notes on the keyboard
- Manipulate the sounds of your loops with intuitive one-touch control
- Bluetooth audio/MIDI support for connecting with your smartphone or tablet
- Over 500 pro-quality sounds: pianos, synths, strings, bass, brass, and more
back to menu ↑
- 32 Mini Keys
- 8-Note Polyphony
- 50 Play Along Tracks
- 5 Drum Pads
- Headphones Output
back to menu ↑
- 【Suitable for Beginners】The 61 full-size keys piano keyboard with 3 teaching modes is a wonderful learning tool for beginners.
- 【Simple and Rich Tone】The electronic keyboard has 500 tones, 300 rhythms and 40 demo songs and equipped with 2 high quality speakers, making the sound simple and rich, as soft as the winter sun, bright, warm and calm.
- 【LCD Display Keyboard】With an LCD display, 61 key piano keyboard can simply and clearly displays the status of the functions being used, and can also provide feedback on the built-in teaching functions.
- 【General Links】To meet different needs, the electric keyboard has a USB Midi interface, a pedal interface, two audio interface, and can also be connected to a microphone, earphone or MP3. You can play and singing at the same time, fully enjoy the music!
- 【Exquisite Musical Instrument Gifts】Everyone is a born musician. The gift includes a keyboard, a durable plastic music stand, an adjustable piano stand a piano bench and a microphone. Enjoy the joy of music creation anytime, anywhere.
back to menu ↑
- Feature Packed Digital Piano for Beginners – Portable Electric keyboard piano with 61 premium piano style keys and built in speakers for practicing and performing to your friends and family
- Premium Electric Piano Keyboard Sounds - 300 voices (including Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Strings, Organ, Synth, Drums & much more); intuitive Layer & split modes to develop your keyboard skills
- Practice Makes Perfect - ¼” stereo headphone output mutes the built in speakers; 40 Demo songs; accompaniment mode with 300 built-in rhythms; built in record feature for recording your performance
- Powerful Educational Features - Skoove 3 month premium subscription for interactive online piano lessons; 2 months of live video lessons from TakeLessons
- Everything you Need - Includes an easy-to-assemble stand, a bench with 3 adjustable height settings, headphones, a music rest, a power adapter and a microphone for singing along while you play
back to menu ↑
Best 88 key keyboard Under 200 – BUYER’S GUIDE
The sound is incredibly important for acoustic pianos, and manufacturers will strive to craft the very best sound by using specialist techniques, materials, and designs. When it comes to keyboards, things are a little bit different, because there is no acoustic sound being produced at all. The keyboard is simply playing a sample from a genuine , which is electronically altered. See the differences, pros, and cons between a digital and acoustic piano here.
As a result, when you’re thinking about the sound you’re going to get from your keyboard, you’re not going to be thinking about the usual considerations. The first thing that you might want to look at it how the sample has been acquired – Yamaha, for instance, take their electronic sounds from recordings of their most prestigious concert grand pianos. Higher end products will use better samples. You’ll then also want to consider the sound options you get on the keyboard – from the different voices to the effects you can place on them.
Finally, there are the built-in speakers. These can make quite a large difference to the quality of the sound that’s produced if you’re not using headphones. The better the speakers, the clearer the sound will be, and the better it will be able to reproduce the feel of a real piano. You’ll be able to feel deeper low notes and crisper highs. Note that many MIDI keyboards don’t have speakers built in; they’re designed to be used with other hardware. However, the higher-end MIDI controllers do sometimes.
As with all instruments, quality is an important thing to think about. Keyboards that haven’t been made particularly well might not stand up to the rigours of being moved about a lot, which is something that keyboards often have to do if you’re putting them in and out of storage, taking them to practice elsewhere, or even playing at a concert. Check out user reviews of older models to get an idea.
Design won’t be important to everyone, but given that instruments can be works of art in their own right, it’s always worth thinking about. Do you prefer your electronics to be sleek and minimalist, or do you like the look of banks of switches, sliders, and knobs? There’s plenty to choose from, and although most electric keyboards come in the usual black, look out for the couple on this list that is also available in white.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect from keyboard under $200?
It is possible to find a good keyboard under $200. But can you expect to have weighted keys? Probably not. It is, actually, one of the features that you will compromise on. That does not mean that there are not great starter instruments. Most models come as a full kit, like a traditional piano. Not only are they lightweight, but you can install them using their stand, stool, and power supply. Next, some models are portable and are specifically designed for performances. If you are a musician who likes to move from place to place, you can bring your instrument with you at your events. Also, these models are easy to adjust in a matter of seconds. They provide you with high-quality sounds, a variety of demo songs, more than enough rhythms, and polyphony. All these features help make a difference and improve your learning and user experience.
If you’re looking to get started playing piano or keyboard it can be easy to assume that you are going to have to spend a lot of money on equipment, but the best cheap keyboard piano can be both affordable and good quality, especially for beginners.
In this article, we run the rule over some of the cheapest 88-key keyboards as well as 49 and 61 key options which still offer plenty of quality.
Under $300, there are some very good instruments available, with plenty of features. There are even some good models under $200 and under $100 if you don’t mind making a few small sacrifices in terms of features.