Best Backlit keyboard for Mac – A self-illuminating keyboard is everyone’s dream for those times that demand its use. You never know when the lights will flicker, and a deadline is fast approaching. You might be that gamer who prefers playing in a dark environment, or you carried work home and do not want to wake your family up with the lights. Such a keyboard will come in handy as it lights up every key for your convenience.
Whether you are the editor of a busy newsroom, an office trainer taking entrants through an induction session, or enjoying game time, a backlit wireless keyboard is your ultimate accessory. Take your time through your programming sessions in a darker room with such a keyboard and the experience will be fantastic.
Add the wireless state of the keyboard, and you have a reliable companion. Remember you do not have to carry your desktop or laptop all around the room finding a better position. For a gamer, you can have your best moment sitting on the settee while the monitor is across the room.
Pros & Cons
- PERFECT FIT FOR: Logitech MX Keys Wireless Keyboard & Logitech Craft Wireless Keyboard
- HIGH QUALITY: Made with premium engineering grade silicon material. Ultra thin with with strength, reusable, durability and flawless finish features.
- USEFUL: Significantly reduces the sound during typing keyboard and protect characters on the keyboard from being worn away. The incredibly thin make sure the backlight shin through the cover!
- ACCURATE DESIGN: Each key was specially molded and designed, fit each key perfectly. Manufactured to the quality available. Flexible, this cover is easy to apply and remove for cleaning, washing or disinfecting!
- ANIT-DUST & WASHABLE: An ideal choice for you to keep your keyboard from everyday spills (water,coffee/milk), dust (crumbs/powder), liquid, pet's pees or the other damage! Apply a generous amount of dish washing to clean your cover!
Pros & Cons
- ✅COMPATIBLE WITH: Perfectly compatible with logitech craft advanced wireless keyboard and MX keys advanced wireless illuminated keyboard
- ✅HIGH PRECISION MOLDING: Extreme fit closely to original key, giving unparalleled typing response.With industry leading 0.02" thickness, maximize to restore the original typing experience
- ✅MADE OF PREMIUM GRADE SILICONE: That allows keyboard backlight to shine through,Flexible, washable, easy to apply and remove for cleaning or disinfecting.welcome guide
- ✅COMPREHENSIVELY PROTECTS YOUR KEYBOARD: Waterproof and dustproof design protects your keyboard from liquids (beer, coffee, juice and milk), stains, dust, key wear and other daily damage
- ✅Reminder: If the silicone keyboard cover has dust, it can be kept clean by washing with water and it can resist creases. Use appropriate double-sided tape to paste silica gel and buttons on the bottom to ensure that the skin does not slide on the keyboard
Pros & Cons
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH 5.0 – features a full QWERTY layout, MacOS function keys and an upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 capabilities with a simple setup for a seamless connection process.
- USB-C RECHARGEABLE - equipped with a convenient, rechargeable USB-C port to keep your keyboard powered for minimal downtime. Includes USB-C charging cable
- BACKLIT ILLUMINATION - includes backlit keys with ten levels of brightness, so you can continue to work with ease in a variety of low-light environments
- MULTI-DEVICE PAIRING - connect up to three Bluetooth devices to effortlessly switch and type across multiple screens with a press of a button
- COMPATIBLE WITH – due to using older Bluetooth versions (2.1), we do not recommend using with 2011 & earlier Mac devices. Support 2022 MacBook Pro/Air M2, 2021 MacBook Pro 14-inch, 16-inch (M1 Pro & Max), 2020 MacBook Pro/ Air M1, 2021/2020/2019/2017 iMac, iMac Pro, 2020/2018 Mac Mini, 2018 MacBook Air, 2018/2017 MacBook Pro, 2022 iPad Air M1, 2021 iPad Pro M1, 2020/2018 iPad Pro, 2020 iPad Air, Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Google PixelBook Go, Microsoft Surface Go.
4.COOSKIN TPU Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- The keyboard cover is compatible with A1843 and MQ052LL/A (2017 Released) Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad US Layout
- No silicone keyboard cover hard feeling and sticky feeling.Comfortable hand feeling does not interfere with typing. Effectively reduces the noise
- Extremely transparency keyboard skin,TPU Material,Uultra thin to 0.18mm - half the thickness of silicone protector
- High precision manufacturing,to make it with your keyboard fit closely.Protect your keyboard from dust and fingertip oils and food crumbs and other
- Removable and washable,Keeping your keyboard cover clean and makes it always new
5.Apple Smart Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Smart Keyboard lets you write a term paper or create a presentation on a full-size keyboard whenever you need one.
- It connects easily without the need for pairing or charging, so it’s always ready to go.
- And when you’re done, it folds to create a slim, lightweight cover.
- Compatibility: iPad (9th generation), iPad (8th generation), iPad (7th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- Apple Smart Keyboard is a front cover only
Pros & Cons
- Connect using ultra-fast 1ms 2.4GHz gaming-optimized wireless technology, low latency Bluetooth wireless, or USB wired
- 100% Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches with Gold contacts for fast, precise key presses
- Per-key, Blue LED backlighting and large font keycaps deliver vibrant lighting effects
- 128-Bit AES encryption mode helps protect your keystrokes from wireless eavesdropping to keep your personal data safe
- Compact and portable keyless design saves on space and makes travel easy
- Up to 15 hours of rechargeable battery-Powered wireless use, or plug-in via USB wired for uninterrupted gameplay
- Dedicated multimedia and volume controls to adjust your audio on-the-fly
Pros & Cons
- Thin, beautifully molded keyboard, with a key frame made from real aluminum
- Full-size layout with number pad
- Wireless, with multi-pairing Bluetooth technology, allowing the keyboard to pair with up to 4 different devices at the same time
- Switch to any of your paired devices with the press of a button. Each paired device has its own key above the number pad.
- Keyboard can be paired to a range of devices, including: Mac, PC, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), Android
Pros & Cons
- A 96% layout (100-key) white LED backlight wireless mechanical keyboard with a number pad in a compact design that’s built for productivity and a tactile typing experience.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K4 version 2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, the K4 has all the necessary Mac function keys while still being compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- The K4 can last up to 240 hours (with backlit disabled) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboards. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- With the Gateron G Pro Mechanical Brown switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. The K4 has enchanting white LED backlight with modern keycap legends to sync with your mood; available in static white or flashing light mode.
Pros & Cons
- 3 Modes of Connectivity: Supports Bluetooth for efficient power consumption, HyperSpeed Wireless for lag-free gaming, and USB-C for charging while in use
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology provides a satisfying clicky sound with 50 G of actuation force, ideal for typing and gaming requiring the highest accuracy
- Brighter Than Ever Transparent Switch Housing: A completely clear design allows for intense lighting for better immersion in integrated games and lighting setups
- Doubleshot ABS Keycaps: Using a doubleshot molding process to ensure the labelling never wears off, the keycaps also have extra-thick walls for toughness
- Ergonomic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette that perfectly aligns to the keyboard to relieve wrist pressure and maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks; made of military-grade metal top plate
Pros & Cons
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical red switches Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
Best Backlit keyboard for Mac – BUYER’S GUIDE
< id="mntl-sc-block_3-0-10" class="comp mntl-sc-block litho-sc-block commerce-sc-block-subheading mntl-sc-block-subheading">Size
When it comes to keyboards, size matters. Are you planning on using yours primarily at your desk or will you take it to coffee shops with you? If you need a portable keyboard, there are still great full-size options but do keep size in mind when deciding which one you want.
< id="mntl-sc-block_3-0-12" class="comp mntl-sc-block litho-sc-block commerce-sc-block-subheading mntl-sc-block-subheading">Compatibility
What kind of computer will you be using with your keyboard? While it seems like all keyboards should be compatible with both Macs and PCs, this isn’t true. Windows and Mac keyboards also have slightly different layouts; if you’re shopping for a Mac computer keyboard, it’s best to get one specifically tailored to that OS.
< id="mntl-sc-block_3-0-14" class="comp mntl-sc-block litho-sc-block commerce-sc-block-subheading mntl-sc-block-subheading">Use
There are all types of keyboards out there, so think about how you intend to use yours. Office-focused keyboards should be ergonomic, while gamers have different concerns. However, if you’re going to be using your keyboard for everything, it’s best to find a multi-purpose model that’ll work as well for typing emails as it will for everything else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will every keyboard work with my Mac?
Technically yes. That is, any keyboard you might have at hand can be connected to a Mac and made operational in its basic set of features. This means that you will be able to type characters, use most of the function buttons, and so on.
What you might not be able to do, however, is use some of the more advanced features, like dimming the screen, controlling the volume, and so on.
Will a PC keyboard work on a Mac?
This is basically the same question as the one above. But there’s some nuance here.
Again, the short answer is yes; it will work.
But! The caveat is that you don’t have the native Mac keycap prints on some of the keys. Most notably, there’s no CMD key (you have the Windows key instead). The function keys also don’t have the Mac labels for the Mission Control, Launchpad, screen brightness, and other things.
Do Macs work with Bluetooth keyboards?
Yes. All modern Macs have the Bluetooth module, and they will communicate with every Bluetooth-enabled keyboard in the market.
In this article we talk about backlit wireless keyboards. These keyboards are wireless and have backlit keys together. With backlit keys you are able to work in dark or dim light surroundings whereas wireless connectivity allows you to get free of all wires. Wireless keyboards mostly use bluetooth and are battery powered. Its important to note that backlight also consumes battery. So a wireless bluetooth keyboard would consume slightly more power compared to usual wireless keyboards that do not have backlit keys.