Best Backlit keyboard Under 50 – If you need a mechanical keyboard for under $50, whether you’re a typist, gamer, and everything between, our list features some wonderful options to get you started on your click-worthy journey. With amazing rainbow-colored backlit features, responsive key functions, shortcuts, and spill and dustproof features, you’ll get more than what you expect on a budget. However, just because it isn’t expensive doesn’t mean it won’t last long. Our list is packed with metal finished keyboards made to last for quite some time!
Not everyone wants to throw $100+ down on a keyboard just to get Cherry MX mechanical switches, not when you can get really decent and almost equivalent mechanical-switch gaming keyboards for under $50!
For those budget-minded gamers out there, this list should have given you a good idea of which keyboards you should look at. Keep in mind that this list is entirely subjective and it’s based on my own personal experiences with the keyboards listed.
The budget range of computer peripherals is rapidly heating up with competition from many different brands. It’s a treasure trove of quality hardware that you can get at bargain prices. All one needs to do is to keep a keen eye and search for those sweet deals. That’s exactly what we aimed to do with this list. We’ve looked at five different mechanical keyboards under $50 that offer good quality without breaking the bank.back to menu ↑
- Connectivity Technology: Usb 2.0 Type-A
back to menu ↑
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches cherry mx red equivalent Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
back to menu ↑
3.Razer Cynosa Chroma
- All-Around Gaming Performance: Able to execute up to ten commands at the same time with built-in key rollover anti-ghosting
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Spill-Resistant Design: Built to withstand most accidental liquid splashes
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks with a 2 year manufacturer warranty
back to menu ↑
- RGB BACKLIGHTING - Enhance your gaming experience with 18 pre-set configurations on the mechanical keyboard, or create a unique one to match your setup
- OUTEMU SWITCHES - The gaming mechanical keyboard comes with Outemu mechanical switches for precise gaming and comfortable typing. Spare switches + keycap & switch remover tools are provided for easy replacement
- FIBERGLASS PCB - Built with SMD LEDs and FR-4 fiberglass printed circuit board, this Tecware mechanical keyboard is able to withstand extended periods of intensive and hardcore gaming sessions
- DOUBLE-SHOT KEYCAPS – Featuring an all-new font, the keycaps on this mechanical keyboard are double-shot ABS (dual-injection molding process) which guarantee high resistance against surface wear; markings that cannot be worn off as they are physically part of the keycaps
- SPEED ADVANTAGE - With full N-key rollover and 1000Hz pooling rate, Tecware keyboards allow faster and smoother gaming experience. The depression of each key is detected individually, meaning all key presses will be registered, no matter how many keys you press down simultaneously
back to menu ↑
- MUST HAVE- Velocifire mechanical keyboard is designed for copywriter, programmer, editors who spend many hours typing every day. You will get better at typing speed and accuracy through Velocifire mechanical keyboards.
- Durable Brown Switch- Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for feedback with every key-press. It is much QUIETER than Blue Switch but LOUDER than a regular Membrane keyboard. If you never used a mechanical keyboard before, please think about whether you can accept its sound first.
- TENKEY-LESS - A TKL keyboard is suitble for a programmer. It provides a standard layout keyboard, without the numeric keys. With this design it can fit literally anywhere. Used TKL or compact size keyboards, you'll be amazed how much space you save, and it'll be much easier to reach for your mouse.
- Compatibility- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 , and Linux. Not fully compatible with Mac OS
- OPTIMIZED PRODUCTIVITY - The durability lasts for decades, consistently offering stable and efficient typing productivity. Benefit the typing productivity and experience in all ways through Velocifire TKL02.
back to menu ↑
- Ultra-thin and Light, Compact Design, 13.94”* 5”* 0.89”, only 520g, thinner and lighter than traditional mechanical keyboard.
- Latest Kailh Blue Switch -- Low Profile Switches, 11.5mm switch height, 6mm ultra-thin suspended keycap, 3mm key travel creates unique mechanical feel.
- Unique Ice Blue LED Light, Multiple Backlight Modes, Fn+F1-F5 for Customizing, Fn+F12 for Saving Your Setting, Fn+F6-F11 for Presetting Modes.
- Driver Free, Plug & Play, detachable USB to micro cable, All 87 keys of N-key Rollover
back to menu ↑
7.Cooler Master Devastator 3
- Cooler Master Mem-Chanical key Switch Tactile Feel Keyboard, USB 2.0
- 7 Color LED Backlit Mode: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Light Blue, and White
- Avago 3050 Optical Gaming Sensor - 4 DPI Settings: 800, 1200, 1800 and 2800
- 6 Multimedia Keys for quick access
- Laser etched and grip coated keycaps, Anti-slide rubber pads on bottom side
back to menu ↑
- 【Gorgeous Full-Spectrum Backlit Design】This wired gaming keyboard features 9 fantastic backlight modes, streaming, racing, breathing and so on, bright lighting effects offer immersing gaming experience to you. The brightness and lighting speed of the keyboard is available to change, you can choose the effect as you like
- 【Superior Blue Switches for Incredible Typing Feedback】VicTsing mechanical keyboard is designed with blue switches, which provides crisp key clicks and pleasant paragraph feeling, enjoying the same typing feedback as the cherry MX. 50 Million keystroke test ensures the service life of this keyboard.
- 【Full 104-Key Anti-Ghosting for Smooth Gaming】This rainbow LED backlit keyboard allows multi-key to work simultaneously with high speed, and will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands under any conditions
- 【Metal+ABS Construction for Extended Durability】Different from other plastic keyboards, this usb gaming keyboard is designed with metal superstructure, which makes the keyboard more texture and more durable. Our innovative design: ergonomic honeycomb wrist rest- to relieve discomfort or fatigue of your wrist for long hours working or gaming.
- 【Wide Application & Splash Resistant Design】This PC wired gaming keyboard is compatible with Windows 95/98/XP/2000/ME/VISTA/7/8/10 and Mac OS.(Note: the multimedia keys are not available in MAC OS) Spill-resistant design prevents the damage from accident liquid pouring. ♥♥VicTsing will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, contact us anytime, you will be replied within 12 hours.
back to menu ↑
- Wired Gaming Keyboard and Mouse - Both keyboard and mouse with RGB lighting effect, 14 backlit modes gaming keyboard and 7 color effect gaming mouse, creates a cool and colorful game atmosphere to enhance the excitement of the game. Best for pc games.
- Mechanical Keyboard - With all-Metal Panel and floating keys design, the keys of keyboard trigger sensitively, all 104 keys have individual switches with full n-key rollover
- Programmable Mouse - Gaming mice with 6 Dots Per Inch levels available from 800/1600/ 2400/ 3200 / 4000/ 4800, can easily adjust the Dots Per Inch to match the mouse speed instantly for different game scenarios.
- Keyboard Mouse Combo - Ergonomic keyboard with detachable wrist rest and smooth mouse,plug and play.
- Keyboard and Gaming Mouse - Compatibility with Windows 2000/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10/MAC/Linux for gaming pc.
back to menu ↑
- RGB Backlight: KM-G12 comes equipped with 7 colors presets and 12 lighting configuration presets. The new software (AUKEY KM-G12 Keyboard US) can be found on the AUKEY website downloads page, and it will give you full access to the 16.8-million-color RGB spectrum and many other customization options
- AUKEY Blue Switches: Characterized by precise tactile feedback & satisfying travel with an audible “click” sound
- Full N-Key Rollover: 104-key rollover with anti-ghosting means this keyboard will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands in any use case scenario
- Durable Design: The ABS keycaps and steel body are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant
- Package Contents: AUKEY KM-G12 RGB Mechanical Keyboard, User Manual
back to menu ↑
Best Backlit keyboard Under 50 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Macros keys are used in many programs ranging from games to real work in order to get things done with fewer keystrokes. Macro keys are typically programmed in software and then used to trigger a series of key presses or actions.
This is very useful in games like MMOs where a given series of abilities or actions can achieve reliable outcomes while playing. Macros are also used in things like video editing and spreadsheet work to help perform repetitive tasks more quickly and with fewer keystrokes.
If you’re a macro fanatic then the Corsair K55 is a great option thanks to its six dedicated macro buttons on the left side. The Razer Cynosa is also a great option thanks to its on the fly macro recording capability.
Key switches are the component underneath the keycap that is responsible for sending the signal to the computer that a key has been pressed. For the most part, the key switch is responsible for determining how a given keyboard will feel and in some cases how long it will last.
Mechanical key switches are generally considered the top of the line option and have a very consistent and satisfying feel paired with a very high level of durability. If you’re on the hunt for an affordable gaming keyboard with mechanical switches then either the Redragon K552 or the VicTsing mechanical keyboard are great options.
Both of these keyboards try to use switches that emulate the popular Cherry MX Blue key switch which has tactile feedback and a sharp audible click when pressed. While you will not find keyboards using genuine Cherry MX switches at this price point, several manufacturers including these have gotten very close to replicating them.
Backlighting, like mechanical switches, is a feature that you might not be able to fully appreciate until you actually use it. Trying to type on a non-backlit keyboard after getting used to one is like trying to drive an 18 wheeler after riding around in a sports car.
Being able to easily and clearly see the keys from any angle and in any lighting makes typing and gaming much quicker and easier. Additionally, RGB lighting lets you customize the look of your keyboard and give it a personalized touch.
The Corsair and Razer keyboards on our list offer by far the best RGB lighting on our list, with the Razer option boasting arguably the best software with the most customization.
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
1. Can I get a good keyboard for under $50?
Absolutely. As with all pricing, you’ll get different quality based on the amount you’re willing to spend. Most keyboards under $100 make membrane keys that try to imitate how a mechanical one feels, but our list covers mechanical keyboards, which means they’ll last longer and perform well.
back to menu ↑
2. What’s a membrane keyboard?
When we talk about keyboards in general, we are often referring to a membrane keyboard. They’re the ones that typically come with your computer. That’s because making them is very cheap. When your keyboard keys get sticky or hard to press, they’re starting to wear out. Because gamers typically play for so long, it’s better to a mechanical keyboard because it’s more durable.back to menu ↑
3. What are the benefits of using Outemu blue switches?
Blue switches are known for providing super-fast response feedback and an accurate keypress. They’re louder, more responsive, and have better durability than red or brown switches. Because of these reasons, they’re loved by those who use them, whether you’re a hardcore gamer or a typist.back to menu ↑
4. What does N-key rollover and anti-ghosting mean?
Also known as NKRO, this feature picks up every single keystroke, even when you press multiple keys at once. Anti-ghosting is another way to say no keystrokes will be missed.back to menu ↑
5. What makes a keyboard a gaming keyboard?
The mechanical make of a keyboard makes it more geared towards gaming. The key switches are made so that they have a fast response time, but with the user doing less work to push a key. If you game or when you get into gaming, you’ll realize that timing is everything. Being able to act fast while gaming is crucial. You typically also get extra keys for specific gaming sequences.back to menu ↑
6. Can I use a gaming keyboard for typing?
Yes! In some sense, you may enjoy using a gaming mechanical keyboard more. The responsiveness of the keys will make typing faster and easier on the hands. It also means the keyboard is built with more comfort and tactile functions in mind. If you’re a typist, whether novice or pro, having backlit keys is great for low and no lit situations.back to menu ↑
Many of you reading this will already understand the importance of having great peripherals, especially readers that invest a lot of time playing online, competitive gaming. Much like a top-level gaming mouse, or a pinpoint accurate headset, grabbing the best keyboard, even for under $50, is hugely important. You need to ensure you have the correct tools to take down your enemies and a budget keyboard doesn’t necessarily mean bad.
Keyboards don’t always get the credit they deserve. However, the keyboard can be the difference between winning and losing.
Thanks to esports now being hugely popular all over the globe, we thought now would be a great time to take a closer look at some of the best keyboards currently available for those on a budget.
This guide will concentrate on the best keyboards for under $50 because let’s be honest, we don’t wanna be splurging 150 bucks on a first-time keyboard, do we? That being said, the keyboards we have chosen all display superb build quality, excellent gaming performance, and fantastic value for money.