Best Backlit Mechanical keyboard Under 100 – Once we made it past most of the gaming keyboards there were a lot of other keyboards that were great, but just didn’t really stand out in any way. These were a bit harder to rank so we placed them somewhere in the middle of the list.
There really isn’t much difference between keyboard number #4 & keyboard #7 as far as quality goes, but if you go much higher or lower on the list you really start to see where things start to diverge.
The keyboards ranked #1 and #2 definitely stood out amongst the pack as better keyboards that are incredibly fun and feel great to type on.
The HyperX keyboard only beat out the Durgod because it is slightly cheaper (so better value overall) and is loaded with more features. But it was a tough call choosing the champion between the two.
My wife was a fan of the Durgod, but I preferred the HyperX so you can almost say those two are tied.
I would definitely recommend you check both of them out on Amazon and pick between them for your favorite.
We were definitely surprised by how well some of the keyboards ranked and disappointed by others.
We found that the gaming keyboards are usually the worst and they tend to be overpriced, we find they sell keyboards based more off of their brand name and less about the quality of their keyboards (looking at your Razer and Corsair).back to menu ↑
- HyperX Mechanical Switches rated for 80 million keystrokes
- Full aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Ultra-compact, portable design with detachable cable
- Dazzling RGB lighting with dynamic effects
- Advanced customization with HyperX Ngenuity software
back to menu ↑
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
- Get the RAPIDFIRE advantage CHERRY MX Speed mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand, with blistering fast 1.2 millimeter actuation
- USB pass through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset
- CORSAIR iCUE software enables vivid dynamic lighting control, sophisticated macro programming and full system lighting synchronization across compatible CORSAIR peripherals, coolers, fans and more
back to menu ↑
- 16.8 Million RGB Keyboard with Backlighting Brilliance: ROSEWILL RGB gaming keyboard with LEDs has fully customizable RGB backlit keys and side icon with 10 color variations for each key. Also, the RGB keyboard with wrist rest comes with 8 pre-programmed modes for DOTA, FPS, LOL, MMO, MOBA, and RTS games.
- Customize Your Gaming Keyboard with Software Suite: You are able to assign each key with desired functions on this ergonomic gaming keyboard; plus, profile settings and macro recordings for gaming needs. The 100% anti-ghosting technology supports N-Key rollover without conflicts.
- Premium Blue Mechanical Key Switches for Clicky Feel: ROSEWILL NEON K85 is a professional gaming keyboard that offers fast actuation and strong tactile feedback for fast transition and high responsiveness with less fatigue.
- Made Sturdy, Built to Last: ROSEWILL NEON K85 is well constructed with a solid and elegant aluminum plate and 50 million clicks durable keycaps for gaming enthusiasts to engage and thrive with glory in high-intensity, hard-fought battlegrounds.
- Multimedia Functions and Shortcut Keys: With the RGB gaming mechanical keyboard, gamers can also increase or lower the volume with just a few touches. The audio keys on the top allow for on-the-fly audio changes while gaming; and when you're not gaming, you can effortlessly play, pause, and skip audio tracks.
back to menu ↑
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- High-Performance Mecha-Membrane Switches Provides the tactile feedback of mechanical key press on a comfortable soft-cushioned membrane rubber dome switch suitable for gaming
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma Fully syncs with popular games Razer hardware Philips Hue and gear from 30+ partners supports 16 8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macro Support Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic Magnetic Wrist Rest Made of soft-touch leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions with built-in magnets for convenient alignment
- Durable Construction Supports up to 80 million clicks backed by a 2-year
back to menu ↑
- Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - Usb Interface - 124 Key - Compatible With Computer - Macro, Volume Control, Multimedia, Programmable, Mute Hot Key(s) - Built-in Usb Hub - Mechanical - Black - Weee, Rohs Compliance
back to menu ↑
- A 75% layout (84-key) RGB backlight compact Bluetooth mechanical keyboard. The ultimate tenkeyless keyboard that retains shortcut and arrow keys. Aluminum frame.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth 5.1 and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth chipset, the K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, K2 has all necessary Mac function keys, while compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating system are included.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- Charming RGB backlight with elegant keycap legends helps to type in dime environment, you can also choose other static color backlight mode. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with 50 million keystroke lifespan, providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the brown switch.
back to menu ↑
- Mac layout and function keys
- Sleek aluminum faceplate
- Full mechanical keys
- Fast access volume control
- White LED backlight
back to menu ↑
- RGB Backlight: KM-G12 comes equipped with 7 colors presets and 12 lighting configuration presets. The new software (AUKEY KM-G12 Keyboard US) can be found on the AUKEY website downloads page, and it will give you full access to the 16.8-million-color RGB spectrum and many other customization options
- AUKEY Blue Switches: Characterized by precise tactile feedback & satisfying travel with an audible “click” sound
- Full N-Key Rollover: 104-key rollover with anti-ghosting means this keyboard will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands in any use case scenario
- Durable Design: The ABS keycaps and steel body are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant
- Package Contents: AUKEY KM-G12 RGB Mechanical Keyboard, User Manual
back to menu ↑
- ▼ Mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Clear Switches (Medium Tactile and Light Clicky): It was designed for firmness and tactility so a slightly enhanced version of the Cherry MX Brown with a more pronounced feedback (heavy or more bumpy). Therefore, If Cherry MX Browns are too light for you, Cherry MX Clears may be a viable alternative. They are ideal for people who want to use their keyboard for both gaming and typing.
- ▼ iKBC CD87 v2 mechanical keyboard design: The case is very simplistic and streamlined and the ergonomic wide PBT keycap shapes are designed to provide a comfortable typing experience even during long gaming sessions. 3 levels adjustable feet allow you to find the best height and set the perfect position for your typing, gaming or programming sessions. 3-way direction management for cable/cord storage for your convenience.
- ▼ CD87 v2 mechanical keyboard with doubleshot Keycaps: A keyboard with PBT doubleshot keycaps,Double-shot keycaps provide excellent touch, abrasion resistance, and oil resistance. The overall result is sleek and easily readable while not drawing unnecessary attention.
- ▼ Other Features with iKBC TKL mechanical keyboard: 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB. Lockable Win key availability. Convenient Multimedia Keys: volume up, down, mute and calculator.
- ▼ Package Contents: iKBC CD87 v2 Mechanical Keyboard, Keycap puller, User Manual, 1 x Keyset of RGBY modifiers
back to menu ↑
10.Durgod Taurus K320
- Durgod K320 Features a Sturdy case with adjustable feets so you can prop the keyboard up at an angle to relieve your wrists. (2 positions)
- Supports DURGOD Zeus Engine software : ( Upgrade your keyboard firmware on the go and set up complex macros or rebind keys as you wish)
- Two Different Cables : Type C To Type C USB Cable-3.3FT (1M) and Type-C to type-A USB cable 5.9FT/ (1.8M) ; Logo Sticker and keypuller included.
- Compatibility with Mac and Windows: Compatible with Windows 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS (Might need to remap some key through the software) ; The keyboard is adapted for all environment, Home & Office use.
back to menu ↑
Best Backlit Mechanical keyboard Under 100 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Do You Need a Wireless Keyboard?
You probably noticed that there aren’t any wireless gaming keyboards on our list. It was a difficult decision to make, but there were a couple of reasons we ultimately opted to exclude them from our reviews.
The first is pricing. The best gaming keyboards can be incredibly expensive, and wireless functionality can add a significant amount to the total. Keeping things under $100 is enough of a challenge, and including wireless models would require us to promote keyboards that made significant sacrifices elsewhere, for example stripping out mechanical keys, ergonomic functionality, or robust RGB and macro configurations. We ultimately decided that the convenience of wireless functionality didn’t outweigh these standards for the specific needs of gamers.
Since our focus was on gamers, we also had to carefully weigh up the input lag that comes from wireless keyboards. Even the best wireless models are going to experience some degree of delay between hitting a key and your computer registering the input. In a high-intensity multiplayer experience, even the smallest delay can mean the difference between a win and a loss. As a result, we decided that responsiveness was more important than convenience.
If you’re dead set on getting a wireless gaming keyboard, you can check out our guide to the best wireless keyboards.back to menu ↑
Mechanical v. Membrane Keyboards
The majority of the models on our list are mechanical gaming keyboards. There’s a distinct reason for that. Precision is incredibly important for serious gamers. You need to know intuitively that your button press has been registered, and the physical switches that mechanical keyboards use ensure that. More traditional membrane switches are often mushier and less responsive, and they don’t have the satisfying tactile feedback you’d find in a mechanical alternative. Mechanical keyboards also offer a higher level of durability than their membrane alternatives. If you want a great mechanical keyboard, you’ll want to keep an eye out for Cherry models or the QX2 switches used in SteelSeries keyboards. The two are largely comparable.
That being said, you don’t necessarily need a mechanical keyboard for gaming. These keys can be incredibly noisy, and mechanical keyboards traditionally don’t offer the sort of ergonomic support you’d find in membrane-based models. If you’re a single-player gamer, an MMO player, or someone for whom precision and response aren’t an incredibly high priority, a membrane keyboard may actually be ideal for you. But if you’re serious about competitive play, mechanical models are absolutely the way to go.back to menu ↑
Considering Your Overall Setup
A good gaming keyboard isn’t just about providing you with more accurate play. It’s also about looking cool while doing so. Most gaming keyboards come with some level of RGB backlighting, and the best models allow you to customize your backlighting combinations in an almost infinite number of ways.
If aesthetics are a big deal to you, you should consider getting a gaming mouse and keyboard that are produced by the same manufacturer. Not only will this allow you to use a single software platform to do all of your configurations, but many brands also allow their accessories to sync up in a number of different, creative ways. A particularly good example of this sort of integrated ecosystem comes from Razer. Their products play well together, but they can also work in conjunction with Philips Hue lighting, and they’ve established relationships with over 30 other manufacturers to create more dynamic lighting configurations.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Should you Get a Mechanical Keyboard under $100?
You can definitely find an excellent mechanical keyboard for under $100. There are some crazy nice and expensive keyboards on the market for more, but once you go over the $100 mark, we find there are some diminishing returns as far as quality and value go. The sweet spot for a good mechanical keyboard is the $80-100 range for sure.
We recommend buying a keyboard in this price range, because as you go lower, the quality of the keyboards definitely drop. You start to run into off-brand switches, rattly stabilizers, and low-quality keyboards overall.
Of course, not every cheap keyboard is bad, and for those on a budget we also have a list of keyboards we reviewed under $50, so if you’re interested make sure to check that article out as well.back to menu ↑
Mechanical keyboards are not cheap, a good mid-range keyboard usually costs anywhere from $80-100.
Considering the price, you want to make sure you find the best mechanical keyboard you can in that price range.