Best Bluetooth keyboard for ipad Mini – Before buying a Bluetooth keyboard for ipad mini , remember that any keyboards designed for use with Microsoft Windows won’t always support Mac-specific keyboard shortcuts and commands, and in the case of some mechanical keyboards, require software that’s not available for the Mac to access certain functions. To ensure you’re buying a wireless keyboard designed for Apple’s MacOS and iOS software, all the keyboards we’ve recommended are compatible with your iPad.
If your iPad is already safely inside a case, preferably one that doubles as a stand, you may not want to splash out for another case just to add a keyboard. The good news is you don’t have to.
The iPad’s mini Bluetooth connection will happily link up to any Apple wireless keyboard and the Apple Magic Trackpad too, or many other non-Apple keyboards provided it’s running iPadOS 13.4 or later, giving you an alternative to one of the combined options.
Pros & Cons
- First large print Bluetooth keyboard designed for the Vision impaired and mature-aged Apple iPad and iPhone users.
- The mini keyboard is compact and light-to-carry with proven Bluetooth technology that can connect to any Bluetooth compatible device
- The keyboard is enhanced with high contrast markings that will last and last.
- Scissor-Switch keyboard provides you with very comfortable and pleasing typing experience
- Bluetooth technology provides a cable-free & clutter-free connection.
Pros & Cons
- ◆ COMPATIBILITY -- It is specially designed for Amazon fire hd 10, it is compatible with All-New Fire HD 10 2019/ Fire HD 10 2017, Fire HD 10 9th generation, 2019 release and Fire HD 10 7th generation, 2017 release【NOT FOR 2021 Release】.Please check the model carefully before placing an order.
- ◆ AUTO WAKE-UP/SLEEP FUNCTION -- This keyboard case for all-new fire HD 10 is equipped with an auto wake-up /sleep function, which is easy to have access to all controls. Please note that the auto wake-up/sleep function doesn’t work when clipping the keyboard and tablet together.
- ◆ HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL -- This keyboard protective cover for kindle fire is made from PU leather with non-slip rubber linings inside. The polycarbonate shell can help keep the kindle fire in place and moreover, it can prevent collision and absorb water drop quickly.
- ◆ USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN -- This is a real hard style keyboard because of top-end ABS material. The spring rigging below every key makes sure that each key has a tactile response. Compared with a touchscreen type, it can help you quickly type the words faster and reduce the frequency of error. Please note that the bluetooth keyboard don't have the feature of backlighting.
- ◆ MAGNETIC FEATURE & PACKAGE INCLUSION -- As it is composed of premium-grade material, it is possesses a magnetic switch to easily open and close the keyboard case. All in all, it can be used for a long-term period. The package contains a keyboard case, a detachable keyboard and a USB cable.
Pros & Cons
- [COMPACT & PORTABLE QWERTY KEYBOARD WITH TOUCHPAD] Innovative and compact QWERTY keyboard with touchpad that provides comfort combined with the freedom of wireless connectivity. Connect to all of your favorite devices with this wireless keyboard.
- [BLUETOOTH 3.0] With a working range of approx. 33ft/10m, easily connect and control Bluetooth devices with this wireless keyboard.
- [LONG LASTING RECHARGEABLE BATTERY] Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 10 days of continuous working time and up to 50 days of standby time. The LED indicators notify when the battery is low and when it is fully charged. Charging via the included USB cable is simple and easy
- [BACKLIT KEYBOARD] The convenient backlit keyboard is perfect for using in a dark environment.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] Includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty
4.Apple Magic Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad features an extended layout, with document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full-size arrow keys for gaming
- A scissor mechanism beneath each key allows for increased stability, while optimized key travel and a low profile provide a comfortable and precise typing experience
- The numeric keypad is also great for spreadsheets and finance applications
- And the built-in, rechargeable battery is incredibly long-lasting, powering your keyboard for about a month or more between charges
- System Requiremetns: Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later and Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later
5.Snugg iPad Pro 12.9
Pros & Cons
- Fully compatible with iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020, iPad Not Included
- This Thing Fits Perfectly! - With full access to all ports this fully compatble keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020 (with square shaped camera) fits perfectly. Don't get cheap imitations, with over 11 years of creating cases for iPads, we know what works and what you need in an iPad keyboard 12.9 case
- Make Typing a Breeze - Whether you are writing an essay, email or Instagram post, this compatible with iPad 12.9 pro case with keyboard makes life easy by providing a comfortable ergonomic typing position just like you have on a Macbook or Laptop
- Who Says Work and Style can't Go Together? - With bright Backlit Keys that are color changeable and a soft touch matte finish, this work powerhouse also keeps you looking the part. Whether you are out and about or at home, you will always look stylish!
- Snugg Guarantee - This compatible with 12.9 inch iPad Pro Case with Keyboard comes with our Snugg Guarantee which means if you have any problems with it, just contact us and we will send a new iPad 12.9 Keyboard out to you.
6.SPARIN Bluetooth Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBILITY: Highly compatible for iPad 9th/8th/7th, iPad Air 5/4/3, iPad pro 12.9/11, iPad 9.7,iPad Air 5/4/3/2, iPad Mini 6/4/3/2/1, iPad Series etc
- SLIM AND PORTABLE: Specially design the keyboard for iPad with thin and light size (11.2"L x 4.7"W x 0.2"H), easily packed in backpacks and handbags while work or travel
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: 30 days of continuous use and automatic sleep model allows up to half a year between battery change,Powered by 2pcs AAA batteries (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED)
- BRILLIANT DESIGN: Scissor feet and chocolate key-caps design provide a comfortable and noiseless typing. QWERTY layout with featured function keys including volume, music control, brightness, etc
- EASY TO USE: Bluetooth wireless easily connect with your mobile device such as tablets and mobile phones, the operating distance up to 10 meters, you could enjoy fast response with each typing ( Package Included: 1 * Keyboard for iPad, 1 * User Manual )
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Apple iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3 for a precise fit
- Built-in Bluetooth keyboard Features island-style keys for Easy typing
- Hinged design provides 135° of viewing angles
- Sleep/wake function utilizes magnets to help preserve your device's battery life
- 950 mAh lithium-ion battery allows you to use the keyboard for up to 3 Months between charges
Pros & Cons
- KEYBOARD WITH SLIDING STAND:Specially designed sliding stand for iPad and iPhone to saving space and bring a good view angle, suitable for 4.0 - 11 inch devices.NOTE: please put your iPads or tablets vertically to keep stable.
- REASONABLE LAYOUT: QWERTY Layout with Hot keys Customized for all iPads, Including Volume, Music Control, Brightness etc; with the sliding stand, you can put your phone or tablet on the stand.
- STABLE SCISSOR MECHANISM: Low profile keys provide a quieter, smoother typing experience,the construction of this scissors-kick keys can be used more than 3 million times continuously.
- SUPER COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with iPads and Phones, such as iPad air 4th/3rd, iPad 10.2(9th/ 8th Generation), iPad mini 6/5/4/3/2, new iPad Pro 11(12.9 is too heavy, so the sliding stand will not support well), Phone Pro/ SE, etc.
- ENERGY SAVING: Lasts about 6 months (based on 30-days continuous use) under the automatic sleep mode. (2 X AAA Battery, Not Included)
9.Digital Gadgets Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Keyboard, Case & Stand can be used as one piece or separately
- Removable hard case for everyday use
- Removable Bluetooth keyboard so you can use your iPad while it is only in the case
- Removable & adjustable stand securely holds and stands your iPad. Supports 360 degrees of rotation
- Pop Up key design for typing comfort
- Bluetooth 2.0 Compatible
Pros & Cons
- The Belkin difference: pioneer in innovation and technology for over 30 years
- Compatible with iPad 5th generation (2017) and iPad Air
- Smart Sensing technology and auto wake Features conserve power and battery life
- Secure magnets hold your iPad at the ideal angle for maximum visibility
- Designed to qode standards thin, light, durable and elegant
Best Bluetooth keyboard for ipad Mini – BUYER’S GUIDE
Although Apple iPad features numerous advantages, its on-screen keyboard isn’t the most convenient thing. Frankly speaking, it is a weakness of all tablets. If you need an iPad for work, you should definitely get an external keyboard.
It will greatly enhance your productivity since your tablet will be transformed into a laptop. Nowadays, there are numerous options to choose from so you will easily find the best iPad mini keyboard.
You may buy a standard add-on Bluetooth keyboard, like Apple’s own $79 wireless keyboard, or some better option, for example, a combination case/stand/keyboard that will protect your tablet and make watching videos more enjoyable.
< class="tm-sec-subtit">Form Factor
There are various options available on the market so you can easily find the keypad for iPad mini to satisfy your particular purposes. It may be a thin and flexible case or sturdy and substantial one; it’s up to you what to choose.
An external keyboard is a must-have for people who type a lot since it is more convenient and frees up valuable space on the screen. Moreover, such keyboards usually feature iPad-specific function keys such as Cut, Copy and Paste, as well as Home and Search keys.
Taking into account the fact that not all users switched to the latest iPad Air or Mini, I have also reviewed the keyboards suitable for older iPad models. Some of them are developed for specific iPad versions, like iPad 2, third-generation iPad or fourth-generation iPad, but they are very similar in size. If you are a lucky owner of iPad Air or iPad mini, check whether the keyboard case you are considering is suitable for your model because the one developed for older versions will not fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iPad mini compatible with a keyboard?
Unlike iPad Air, the iPad Mini doesn’t support a Smart Keyboard. If you need a keyboard cover or keypad for iPad mini, consider Snugg’s Bluetooth keyboard case.
Can an iPad replace a laptop?
Mind that any application you use on your Windows PC or Mac should be replaced with an analogous version for iPad. iPad Pro is capable of doing it but Apple still needs to make a version for the latest heavyweight tablet. Moreover, one more weakness of the iPad is the storage space.
Can all iPads use keyboards?
In general, all iPad versions are compatible with Bluetooth keyboards, including Apple’s own Magic Keyboard.
Do you need a computer if you have an iPad?
Of course, even if you have an iPad, you need a computer. The main reason why many users don’t get rid of their computers is that iPad can’t run Windows or Mac software. Thus, they can’t access the most popular games.
An iPad mini isn’t the device to use with regular keyboards. The thing is that an iPad mini keyboard should be narrower than a tablet itself and that is quite small. Users that type much are not likely to appreciate such keyboards.
However, some options on the market guarantee a convenient typing experience. Some brands developed keyboard designs that feature full-sized keys and can be used with an iPad mini.