Best keyboard for Small Hands – So, small hands might warrant a small keyboard, but that’s a good thing. As you can see, there are so many types of keyboards available to you. These 10 are some of the best, of course, but there are far more. If anything, you will now have a good idea about what you are looking for in a keyboard.
My advice would be to choose either the Dragon or the HyperX. Either would be perfect to add to your gaming arsenal, and both are pretty reasonably priced. As always, good luck finding the right keyboard for you.
As you may see, having small hands doesn’t have to be that bad at all. Especially if you are in the gaming world. Choosing a small keyboard can enhance and upgrade your gaming experience and boost your gaming skills.back to menu ↑
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches cherry mx red equivalent Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
back to menu ↑
2.GK61 Mechanical Gaming
- ✅【RGB Backlit 】: 16.8 Million Color combinations , multiple backlit mode ( Aurora, Ripple, Music, Rainbow , Waves, Gradient, Windmill, Spectrum and single light), no drivers needed. Plug & Play small form factor keyboard
- ✅【Gateron Optical Switches 】Gateron optical switches can be hotswapped at wish and replaced by other switches. Hot swap keyboard do not recquire you to solder / desolder switches. (Hot Swappable with Optical switches only)
- ✅ 【ABS Doubleshot keycaps】The GK 61 doubleshot abs stock keycaps , change them at wishes thanks to the keypuller included to the package.
- ✅ 【Macro recording & Other features 】 Record macros through the software, customize advanced features , personnalize function keys... Full Anti Ghosting Mode (NKRO).
- ✅ 【Compatibility with Mac and Windows】: Compatible with Windows 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS , the GK 61 comes with a 60 inches USB Type C to Type-A cable. The keyboard is adapted for all environnement, Home & Office use, a small form factor for tiny spaces.
back to menu ↑
3.RGB Backlit Keyboard
- 【60% Compact Layout Keyboard】Ultra-compact layout makes you a neat desktop with your organized gears on, even folks have nothing to do with Minimalist will dive into its tiny practical design. Tips you might want to know is that keyboard without numpad is most FPS gamers’ choice, more spaces left for mouse movements.
- 【High-Quality Floating Keyboard】UV coated keycaps and injection laser carving ABS keycaps design, the letter of characters never fade. Anti-sweat, prevents keycap damage, enhanced durability, and tactile feedback.
- 【RGB Illuminated Keyboard】A variety of light colors and light modes to choose from, changeable breathing or permanent lighting mode. It can be great for playing the game at night even without light. You can also adjust the brightness and breathing speed of the backlit according to your preference.
- 【Professional Gaming Keyboard】All "core" water-resistant, triple protection design. Water-resistant keyboard prevents damage from spilled drinks or coffee. Anti-interference magnet ring, gold-plate interface and waterproof braid USB cables, guarantees stable data transmitting, and more durable than other PVC cables, not easily broken.
- 【Easy to Operate & Best Gift got Gamer】Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off, any key press will awaken and backlights on. User-friendly, quickly control, no driver needed. Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Mac OS, etc.
back to menu ↑
4.RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61
- Dual Modes with Reliable Connection: What makes the keystroke registration instantly is the advanced built-in chip, extremely low latency in the absence of signal interference. Easily 3 different devices switchable with FN + Q/W/E in wireless mode will hype you up and maximize your productivity.
- 60% Compact Minimalism Layout: Ultra-compact layout with 61 keys makes you a neat desktop with your organized gears on, even folks have nothing to do with Minimalist will dive into its tiny practical design. Tips you might want to know is that keyboard without numpad is most FPS gamers’ choice, more spaces left for mouse movements.
- Original Flavour of Blue Switches: You might wonder “why blue?” Yes, it’s a little bit clicky but it is authentic and original which is the most distinctive mechanical switches. It will remind you with the first feeling about mechanical keyboard, incomparable click feedback and refreshing tactile feel will make you typing with BGM.
- 1450mAh Battery: Allows you to use continuously about 13 hours with lightest backlit, up to 360 hours standby time.
- Single Color Backlit But Not Dull: Even if RK61 has no multicolored RGB but only single LED backlit, the 17 dynamic backlit modes keep the plain effect away. Use FN + to choose your ideal mode, adjust the brightness and glowing speed freely. Get some lights on to take your blues away and make your day.
- DIY Software Supports: DIY keybinding shortcuts, adjust brilliant backlit modes, reassign various key functions of the RK61 professional driver (bit.ly/RK61_Bluebacklit_210603)
back to menu ↑
5.AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard
- Minimalist Style: This compact ‘tenkeyless’ (no number pad) mechanical keyboard provides an efficient and satisfying typing experience in the office or home. The matte black casing is clean, desirable, and space-saving, making it a great match for laptop or desktop computers
- Blue Switches: Characterized by precise tactile feedback & satisfying travel with an audible “click” sound
- RGB Backlight: KM-G14 comes equipped with 18 preset lighting effects. Choose from vibrant dynamic backlit or solid static light that you delight. The gaming software will let you remap keys, program macros, choose different RGB colors, and more. If you need the gaming software, please contact us
- Full N-Key Rollover: 87-key rollover with anti-ghosting means this keyboard will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands in any use case scenario
- Package Contents: AUKEY KM-G14 87-Key RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Keycap puller, User Manual
back to menu ↑
- Multi-purpose cover powers down device and converts into a tablet stand
- Windows 8 shortcut keys
- Bluetooth provides wireless connectivity without a transceiver
- Works with most tablets for fast, comfortable typing
- Light-touch keys for easy typing
- Media keys for music and video control
- Battery status indicator
- Windows Start key
back to menu ↑
- Portable Mini Size- 61- key design breaks the tradition and the 60% mini size gives you more desktop space and mouse operating areas. Stylish black and white panda contrast color shell, exquisite and portable.To stand out in the crowd we chose to use PBT seamless double-shot keycaps. It is designed and engineered in a way to provide the user with the best durability and typing experience. Varieties of color ways available.
- High-Quality Materials & Comfortable Feel - 100% Cherry MX switches, brand new bezel design, and Dual-layer PCB, and 85% PBT double-shot seamless shine-through keycaps.
- Cool RGB Illumination- Supports 10 kinds of RGB LED lighting modes animation effect loop conversion, free to set brightness speed and color, giving you a relaxing gaming experience.
- Convenient & Stable- Equipped with a detachable type-c USB cable. Double-layered feet with three adjustable placement angles, Firm and stable without sloshing, optimizing typing comfortability and legend visibility.
- Versatile & Custom- Support the key function of the extended keypad, support Ducky Macro V2.0, and mouse control function through hardware, and personalize functions according to needs, More macro guide in the user manual.
back to menu ↑
8.One 2 Mini
- Ergonomic Design
- Original Cherry Shaft
- 85% PBT Keycaps
- Mini Size and RGB Backlit Type-C Keyboard and Cable Separation
- Multiple Shortcuts Combinations Non-conflicting 61Keys
back to menu ↑
- Cherry MX Blue
- Detachable USB Type-C
- A Keyboard Designed for Everyone
- Durable Exceptional Reliable performance
- Independent Keyboard indicator lights
back to menu ↑
- Ultra-minimalistic ten keyless design ideal for FPS pros
- Solid steel frame provides durability and stability
- Cherry MX mechanical keys for reliability
- Portable design with detachable cable. Not intended for use on PS4 or other gaming consoles. To adjust volume - Move keyboard to multiple USB ports to isolate possible host computer connectivity issues. Reset keyboard by pressing and holding FN and ESC keys for 3 seconds until keyboard backlight blinks
- Game mode, 100% anti-ghosting and full n-key rollover functionalities
back to menu ↑
Best keyboard for Small Hands – BUYER’S GUIDE
Smaller keyboards are great. Many people think that you end up losing functionality, but that isn’t quite true. Many small keyboards offer double, or even triple functions on their keys. This means you will have to adapt to using your function keys more frequently.
Smaller keyboards are generally also quite a lot cheaper, as the materials needed are less. If you are trying to game on a budget, a smaller keyboard (like a 60% keyboard) could be just what you need. Small hands or no.
Smaller keyboards are also generally a lot lighter and are of course far more compact. This makes them great for traveling, whether that’s from country to country where you will need to be able to fit your keyboard into your bag. Or just around the office from desk to desk, where you are lugging it around all day. Smaller is always better in this regard.
Smaller keyboards are also great for using when you don’t have much physical room to work with on your desk. They are smaller, they take up less room, allowing you to fill your desk with other such necessities. This is not always a factor when gaming if you are using a keyboard and mouse you very likely won’t need much else.
Unless of course, you are using some kind of gaming Numpad or mini keyboard. Maybe you have notes that you need when trying to try hard a difficult game. I think we have all resorted to piling cheat sheets and tactical plans onto our desk at one point when there was that one level that you just couldn’t beat. Well, now you have room for those cheat sheetsback to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Do I need a smaller keyboard?
You don’t have to use a smaller keyboard, of course. You are well within your rights to use any keyboard you like. People with big hands enjoy using smaller keyboards, just as much as people with smaller hands do. Conversely, people with smaller hands can also use a full-sized keyboard just fine. Most of the time.
There are a few situations where you might need a smaller one, like if you find it painful trying to type for long periods. If you play games that require a large amount of the keyboard, and you find yourself struggling to reach the keys you need regularly. It might be time to downsize your keyboard.
If you have poor mobility in your hands, carpal tunnel, arthritis, or any other kind of joint soreness you might need a smaller and more ergonomic keyboard. There is no use pushing yourself to work or play through the pain. These issues are serious, if left unchecked you can make things even worse.
If you are worried about getting these conditions, you might want to make the move to a smaller keyboard preemptively. Once you have these issues, there is no going back. Sure, there are always things you can do to ease inflammation but it will never be as good as new again.
Ergonomic keyboards are designed to be as comfortable and easy to use as possible. This often means shape, layout, and point of actuation (how far someone needs to press the key down before the press is registered). But, it can also mean size.
Smaller keyboards are generally more comfortable. Though, they can also lack a wrist rest which is something you will want to consider.back to menu ↑
Gaming with small hands might seem like a set back at first, struggling to reach across the full keyboard can be a pain. But when you stop and think about it, how much of the keyboard do you truly make use of when you aren’t typing? The WASD keys? QWER? Hand size doesn’t matter here.
You are sticking to a pretty localized section of the keyboard. That being said, having to make your way back and forth across a bigger keyboard can start to get uncomfortable over time. So trying to use a correctly proportioned keyboard is still recommended.
As we briefly touched on above, having small hands can work to your advantage in a lot of ways. Having greater accuracy with your keystrokes when typing is just as beneficial as when you are pressing key combos in fast-paced games.