Best keyboard for Small Hands – So, small hands might warrant a small keyboard, but that’s a good thing. As you can see, there are so many types of keyboards available to you. These 10 are some of the best, of course, but there are far more. If anything, you will now have a good idea about what you are looking for in a keyboard.
My advice would be to choose either the Dragon or the HyperX. Either would be perfect to add to your gaming arsenal, and both are pretty reasonably priced. As always, good luck finding the right keyboard for you.
As you may see, having small hands doesn’t have to be that bad at all. Especially if you are in the gaming world. Choosing a small keyboard can enhance and upgrade your gaming experience and boost your gaming skills.
Pros & Cons
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical red switches Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
2.GK61 Mechanical Gaming
Pros & Cons
- FULL RGB BACKLIT GAMING KEYBOARD – 16.8 million Color combinations, adjustable brightness levels and multiple different lighting effects. Plug & Play, no drivers needed.
- GATERON OPTICAL SWITCHES – Extremely fast response time make these the best choice for getting an advantage in gaming. Hot-Swappable with other Optical switches. No solder or desolder necessary. Extremely durable switches rated for 100 million keystrokes.
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE - Macro recording, advanced lighting effects and customizations through software. Features multimedia keys through multiple layers. Full Anti Ghosting Mode n-key Rollover (NKRO) for ideal FPS, MOBA and MMO gaming experiences.
- PRACTICAL FEATURES – Small form factor mini 60% Layout with 61 keys with individual backlighting. Spill and dust resistant to withstand accidental spills while playing. Switchable ABS Doubleshot keycaps that can be changed with the included keypuller.
- COMPATABILITY WITH MAC & WINDOWS - Compatible with Windows 11, Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS. Ideal Keyboard for all Environments works with all Computer or Laptop Brands and Gaming PCs. Compatible for Home and Office use. Detachable USB C to Type-A cable included.
3.RGB Backlit Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- 【60% Compact Layout Keyboard】Ultra-compact layout makes you a neat desktop with your organized gears on, even folks have nothing to do with Minimalist will dive into its tiny practical design. Tips you might want to know is that keyboard without numpad is most FPS gamers’ choice, more spaces left for mouse movements.
- 【High-Quality Floating Keyboard】UV coated keycaps and injection laser carving ABS keycaps design, the letter of characters never fade. Anti-sweat, prevents keycap damage, enhanced durability, and tactile feedback.
- 【Light Up Keyboard】A variety of light colors and light modes to choose from, changeable breathing or permanent lighting mode. It can be great for playing the game at night even without light. You can also adjust the brightness and breathing speed of the backlit according to your preference.
- 【Professional Gaming Keyboard】All "core" water-resistant, triple protection design. Water-resistant keyboard prevents damage from spilled drinks or coffee. Anti-interference magnet ring, gold-plate interface and waterproof braid USB cables, guarantees stable data transmitting, and more durable than other PVC cables, not easily broken.
- 【Best Gift for Gamers】Automatically enter sleep mode and turn off the backlight after 10 minutes of inactivity, press any key to wake up work and backlight. Simple and responsive to use, no drivers required. Compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/VISTA, Mac OS, PS4, PS5, Xbox. A great partner for gamers like League of Legends, Gamesir x2, Final Fantasy Xiv Time Card etc.
4.RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61
Pros & Cons
- First Generation of Triple Mode Keyboards - Wireless mode with stable bluetooth 5.1 chipset, hassle-free 2.4Ghz dongle plus USB-C wired mode set no limits about your keyboard connection. The RK61 is best to fit smartphone, laptop and tablet.
- 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: The Compact mechanical keyboard with 61 Keys brings you a neat desktop. Tips you might want to know is that 60% bluetooth gaming keyboard without numpad is most FPS gamers’ choice, more spaces left for mouse movements.
- Hot-swappable: Hot-swap PCB allows you to replace 3 pins/5 pins switches freely without soldering issue. Enjoy the fun of making your own unique keyboard.
- High-capacity Battery: RK61 60 Percent mechanical keyboard Allows you to use continuously about 13 hours with lightest backlit, up to 360 hours standby time.
- Single Color Backlit But Not Dull: Even if RK61 has no multicolored RGB but only single LED backlit, the 17 dynamic backlit modes keep the plain effect away.
5.AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Minimalist Style: This compact ‘tenkeyless’ (no number pad) mechanical keyboard provides an efficient and satisfying typing experience in the office or home. The matte black casing is clean, desirable, and space-saving, making it a great match for laptop or desktop computers
- Blue Switches: Characterized by precise tactile feedback & satisfying travel with an audible “click” sound
- RGB Backlight: KM-G14 comes equipped with 18 preset lighting effects. Choose from vibrant dynamic backlit or solid static light that you delight. The gaming software will let you remap keys, program macros, choose different RGB colors, and more. If you need the gaming software, please contact us
- Full N-Key Rollover: 87-key rollover with anti-ghosting means this keyboard will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands in any use case scenario
- Package Contents: AUKEY KM-G14 87-Key RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Keycap puller, User Manual
Pros & Cons
- Multi-purpose cover powers down device and converts into a tablet stand
- Windows 8 shortcut keys
- Bluetooth provides wireless connectivity without a transceiver
- Works with most tablets for fast, comfortable typing
- Light-touch keys for easy typing
- Media keys for music and video control
- Battery status indicator
- Windows Start key
Pros & Cons
- Brand new bezel design and Dual layer PCB
8.One 2 Mini
Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic Design
- Original Cherry Shaft
- 85% PBT Keycaps
- Mini Size and RGB Backlit Type-C Keyboard and Cable Separation
- Multiple Shortcuts Combinations Non-conflicting 61Keys
Pros & Cons
- Cherry MX Blue
- Detachable USB Type-C
- A Keyboard Designed for Everyone
- Durable Exceptional Reliable performance
- Independent Keyboard indicator lights
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-minimalistic ten keyless design ideal for FPS pros
- Solid steel frame provides durability and stability
- Cherry MX mechanical keys for reliability
- Portable design with detachable cable. Not intended for use on PS4 or other gaming consoles. To adjust volume - Move keyboard to multiple USB ports to isolate possible host computer connectivity issues. Reset keyboard by pressing and holding FN and ESC keys for 3 seconds until keyboard backlight blinks
- Game mode, 100% anti-ghosting and full n-key rollover functionalities
Best keyboard for Small Hands – BUYER’S GUIDE
Smaller keyboards are great. Many people think that you end up losing functionality, but that isn’t quite true. Many small keyboards offer double, or even triple functions on their keys. This means you will have to adapt to using your function keys more frequently.
Smaller keyboards are generally also quite a lot cheaper, as the materials needed are less. If you are trying to game on a budget, a smaller keyboard (like a 60% keyboard) could be just what you need. Small hands or no.
Smaller keyboards are also generally a lot lighter and are of course far more compact. This makes them great for traveling, whether that’s from country to country where you will need to be able to fit your keyboard into your bag. Or just around the office from desk to desk, where you are lugging it around all day. Smaller is always better in this regard.
Smaller keyboards are also great for using when you don’t have much physical room to work with on your desk. They are smaller, they take up less room, allowing you to fill your desk with other such necessities. This is not always a factor when gaming if you are using a keyboard and mouse you very likely won’t need much else.
Unless of course, you are using some kind of gaming Numpad or mini keyboard. Maybe you have notes that you need when trying to try hard a difficult game. I think we have all resorted to piling cheat sheets and tactical plans onto our desk at one point when there was that one level that you just couldn’t beat. Well, now you have room for those cheat sheets
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a smaller keyboard?
You don’t have to use a smaller keyboard, of course. You are well within your rights to use any keyboard you like. People with big hands enjoy using smaller keyboards, just as much as people with smaller hands do. Conversely, people with smaller hands can also use a full-sized keyboard just fine. Most of the time.
There are a few situations where you might need a smaller one, like if you find it painful trying to type for long periods. If you play games that require a large amount of the keyboard, and you find yourself struggling to reach the keys you need regularly. It might be time to downsize your keyboard.
If you have poor mobility in your hands, carpal tunnel, arthritis, or any other kind of joint soreness you might need a smaller and more ergonomic keyboard. There is no use pushing yourself to work or play through the pain. These issues are serious, if left unchecked you can make things even worse.
If you are worried about getting these conditions, you might want to make the move to a smaller keyboard preemptively. Once you have these issues, there is no going back. Sure, there are always things you can do to ease inflammation but it will never be as good as new again.
Ergonomic keyboards are designed to be as comfortable and easy to use as possible. This often means shape, layout, and point of actuation (how far someone needs to press the key down before the press is registered). But, it can also mean size.
Smaller keyboards are generally more comfortable. Though, they can also lack a wrist rest which is something you will want to consider.
Gaming with small hands might seem like a set back at first, struggling to reach across the full keyboard can be a pain. But when you stop and think about it, how much of the keyboard do you truly make use of when you aren’t typing? The WASD keys? QWER? Hand size doesn’t matter here.
You are sticking to a pretty localized section of the keyboard. That being said, having to make your way back and forth across a bigger keyboard can start to get uncomfortable over time. So trying to use a correctly proportioned keyboard is still recommended.
As we briefly touched on above, having small hands can work to your advantage in a lot of ways. Having greater accuracy with your keystrokes when typing is just as beneficial as when you are pressing key combos in fast-paced games.