Best keyboard for Toddlers – Hopefully, by combining our extensive review list and detailed buying guide, you will now feel more informed as to the best keyboard for kids.
Our favorite on the list here is the Yamaha YPT-260, which is the best all-around keyboard as it has many functions – but displays them in a more approachable layout, making it the perfect entry level keyboard for all ages.
Our choice is the Alesis Melody 61 MKII, for the best value keyboard as it offers not just a keyboard, but all the additional extras that make the whole playing experience that more comfortable throughout. The RockJam RJ761-SK is our best super kit keyboard as, like the Alesis model, it too comes with many features but additionally a sustain pedal which is a great way of adding an extra element into your child’s learning process.
Overall, all these reviewed products are the ideal starting models to offer to a child who is keen on getting started with this fantastic musical instrument.back to menu ↑
- Learn to play keys today, 54 responsive piano-style keys with built-in speakers – perfect for practicing and performing to your friends and family
- Packed with sounds, 300 built-in tones covering a wide variety of instruments - Pianos, strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, mallets, guitars, synths, even sound effects
- Get creative, create your own songs with 300 built-in accompaniment rhythms; Layer multiple sounds together in “layer” mode, or split 2 sounds across the keyboard in “split” mode
- Powerful educational features, learn the 40 included songs or record your own; also includes 3-months of skoove premium online lessons
- Everything you need, includes a music rest, a power adapter or power with 6 AA batteries (not included), and even a microphone for singing along while you play
back to menu ↑
- Offers children the essentials for playing those first tunes with 44 mini keys perfectly sized for mini hands
- Offers endless exploration with the 100 Tones, 50 Rhythms, and 10 integrated Songs providing plenty of variety
- The LSI sound source and the 8-note polyphony ensure good sound quality
- The LCD screen helps with selecting different music options
- Also features 5 drum pads and a Melody Cut Rehearsal System
- Built-in speakers and headphone output for quiet play
- Also includes a striking change-over switch making it easy to switch between piano and reed organ/organ modes
back to menu ↑
3.Electric Keyboard Piano
- Perfect for Beginners or Experts: From seasoned musicians to budding beginners, the Ohuhu Electric Piano Keyboard provides musical delight for every ability level. Rhythm, notes and melody are just the beginning!
- 300 Tones, 300 Rhythms, 30 Demo Songs: Thought this was just a keyboard? Think again! Packed with 300 timbres, 300 rhythms, 30 demo songs, sound effects and more, you can create unlimited compositions with this multifunctional instrument!
- Easily Add More Content with USB Port: Want to hear more demo songs? Well now you can! All you have to do is plug in a flash drive into the handy USB port and download whatever extra songs you want. Never run out of inspiration!
- 3 Smart-Teach Modes: No need for a music teacher, you’ve got one built in to the keyboard! Choose from 3 teaching modes to boost individual playing skills and of the ensemble. You can even keep track of progress on the large LCD screen.
- 2 Ways to Power It: For continuous use, use the included AC adapter to plug into any outlet. Not close to an outlet or want to take your show on the road? Just open the battery cover and insert 6 D batteries (not included) and you can play music anywhere!
back to menu ↑
4.Best Products 61-Key
- STANDARD SIZE ELECTRONIC KEYBOARD: Complete with 61 keys, 255 timbres, 255 rhythms, 50 demo songs, 32 types of keyboard percussion, and a starting tempo of 120 BPM
- ULTIMATE BUNDLE, GREAT GIFT: With an H-style keyboard stand, music stand, padded stool, and more, it makes for the perfect birthday or holiday present for any aspiring musician
- 3 TEACHING MODES: One-Key, Follow, and Ensemble modes provide lessons for novice players. LCD display, light-up keys, recorder with playback, and piano note stickers help them learn to read music
- QUALITY SOUND: Perform a recital with built-in speakers, headphones, a rhythm programmer, and music player function that help to find the perfect sound and re-create classic music pieces
- USB PORT: Plug in and play along to songs stored on a USB and let your creative side out as you add your own meoldies or rhythm to background music; KEYBOARD DIMENSIONS: 33"(L) x 10.5"(W) x 3"(H)
back to menu ↑
- The RockJam 761 keyboard piano super kit includes a digital keyboard with 61 full-size keys giving you that traditional piano feel whilst maintaining a portable and compact design that can be powered by either mains (power supply included) or batteries
- This RockJam 761 piano keyboard features a touch display panel that both displays feedback and engages the 200 rhythms, 200 tones, a teaching function, and 30 demo songs that are part of its functionality
- The RockJam 761 electric piano has record and playback functionality allowing you to build layers to your sound and the midi output integrates with your digital audio workstation like Ableton and logic via a single cable
- This music keyboard super kit package includes a keyboard stand that is sturdy in design and can be adjusted to suit keyboard piano players both young and old
- This electric piano keyboard super kit contains a padded seat that is easily folded and has a thick padded seat for hours of comfortable play
back to menu ↑
- Your First Keyboard Piano -- Our MD60100 61 full size Touch sensitive keys keyboard will be a good option for beginners or who have an interest in music. This keyboard piano come with all necessary foundation and equipped with 2 built-In metal speakers, big LCD screen,Headphones, Microphoner, Power adapter, adjustable Stand and Stool.
- Best Budget Real Music Instrument for beginner -- Features with 61 Touch function keys and 2 build in stereo metal grilled speakers, This MD809 digital piano will give you a traditional piano feel and provide more authentic sounds for your musical pieces. Full size keys provide effective practice on standard-sized keys.
- Various Ways to Explore Music World ♯ -- 2 unique built-in stereo metal grilled speakers provide quality sound and rich bass. 200 built-in instrument sounds, 200 built-in rhythms give you a rich range of ways to explore, experiment, and express the music world with this keyboard.
- This music keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as vibrato, sustain, & ensemble.
- More Playing Fun functions -- USB connection and 5 build in sound effect. Recording and Playback features helps you to review your practice progress. This music keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as transpose, tune,vibrato, sustain, & ensemble.
back to menu ↑
7.Korg Tiny Piano
back to menu ↑
8.The ONE Smart Piano
- Magical LED Lighted on the keys of this 61 keyboard piano-Follow the LED light and you can play the piano in minutes.
- Powerful educational functions in the Free APP of the electric portable keyboard piano-professional lessons videos, fun games with learning, creative crash course and thousands of sheet music.
- With powerful built-in speakers and a 128-note maximum note polyphony. MIDI output and recording.
- 128+ instrument sounds available via mobile app setting. Device/Connection- iOS 10.0 + iPad 2/4, New Pad, iPad mini1/2/3/4, iPad Air1/2, iPad Pro iPhone 5s/6/6 plus/6s/6s plus/7/7 plus/8/X/XS/XR/XS max Android 5.0+ with USB Host/OTG.
- 417 timbres, 16 folk instruments, 9 percussion sets, 603 drum sounds, 256 GM2 tones When used alone, the piano preset with 20 instruments.
- Playing piano has never been easy. This smart piano keyboard is your best way to learn.Inspire your music dream by The ONE Smart Piano.
back to menu ↑
- 60% Sized keyboard, Leaves extra space for mouse movement (Perfect for gaming)
- Utilizing new infrared technology instead of a metal contact. Reduces the response time and increases the lifespan of the keyboard. Tested to over 10,000,000 strokes.
- Has access to ALL the keys of a normal keyboard, Very fast and easy to adapt. By holding the function key
- 18,700,000 RGB lights. Many different styles available from within the keyboard keys and unlimited customization options with our driver.
- Built in FLASH memory to save personal settings and preset settings even when driver software is off.
back to menu ↑
10.KLIM Light V2
- ✅ HIGH PERFORMANCE + EASY TO USE + TOTAL FREEDOM. With its super low response time, the KLIM Light V2 is among the very best wireless keyboards available on the market thanks to its fast membrane keys. Using it is as easy as plugging in the USB receiver and flicking a switch under the keyboard. You can now use it up to 10 meters away from your computer! This model also has a special Function key so you can access many useful shortcuts such as volume control directly on your keyboard.
- ✅ QUIET AND COMFORTABLE + IDEAL TO WORK FROM HOME. This wireless keyboard was conceived to be as quiet as can be, especially compared to a noisy mechanical keyboard. Each keystroke produces a soft sound, providing a very pleasant typing experience. You will never bother anyone around you with loud typing ever again! BONUS: receive a free copy of the eBook "Increase productivity & gaming skills through faster typing" after your purchase.
- ✅ AESTHETICS. The keyboard is an essential piece of equipment for any computer. It takes a prominent position in your desk and will stay there 24/7, so it might as well look good. The chromatic lighting effects will definitely be noticed, especially in the dark. This greatly helps you to type in low light conditions if you are not used to touch typing. The brightness can be adjusted and the keyboard features an energy-saving system and will enter stand-by mode after 2 minutes of inactivity.
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST + EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE. The keys have a 10 000 000 keystrokes lifetime, so you can hold on to it for the next decade! The keyboard is made of durable ABS and is rather light: only 560 g. Unlike many other wireless keyboards, the KLIM Light V2 has a long-lasting built-in battery so you won't have to spend a dime on replaceable ones! Simply charge it in about 4 hours with the supplied USB cable. *Note: lowering the keyboard's brightness improves battery life.
- ✅ AN INVESTMENT + GREAT VALUE + SOLID WARRANTY. You spend hours on your computer everyday, typing away. This keyboard gives incredible value for its price, so you can improve your productivity and gaming experience without breaking the bank. At KLIM we are very confident in the quality of our products, which is why we offer you a 5-year warranty! It is a risk free purchase. Our Customer Service team is also at your disposal and will answer within 24 hours.
back to menu ↑
Best keyboard for Toddlers – BUYER’S GUIDE
Number of keys
The number of keys on a keyboard could range from anything from as little as 25 to as many as 88 – which is the standard amount found on a traditional piano. If your child is tiny and this is their very first introduction to the keyboard, they will need a board with a minimal number of keys at this stage. The number of keys available will depend on the types of music the user will be playing, but, at this stage, it’s safe to say that will be limited as they concentrate on just learning music and which notes to select! The Casio SA-46 is perfect here with just 32 keys to get your child on the right track. However, as an average figure, as you can see for yourself in these reviewed products, the maximum at beginner stage should be 61 keys in total.
Number of songs, rhythms, and sounds
Though you may think a keyboard should merely offer an adequate representation of a piano, for the younger the child, the more variety of songs, music, and rhythms works to encourage them to explore their own musical creativeness and pick up some well-known pieces faster as a result. Therefore, if you can select a keyboard with plentiful demo sounds, sound effects, or sounds, such as the Hamzer 61-Key which offers a wider variety of choice, it inevitably means they’re bound to find at least one choice which they’ll be able to work along with and practice to the best of their ability, albeit while having fun.
Age of musician
As you can see from the above-reviewed models, there is undoubtedly an age range to consider when selecting your chosen keyboard. For example, you won’t be looking at the Tencoz Musical Piano Mat for any other age than a toddler. Yet for the younger of children, the RockJam 54-Key may be the better option alongside the Casio SA-76, merely because they accommodate the much smaller of hand sizes making them perfect for the younger child.
If your child is older or heading towards those teenage years, the more standard sized of keyboards, that is those with full-sized keys, will be a more practical option here, as well as more comfortable.
The Alesis Melody 61 MKII is a great example of getting them ready for the smooth transition to piano.
If you believe your child would benefit from additional teaching, then considering a model with other features to encourage a more structured keyboard lesson would be recommended here. With so many keyboards now offering specific apps, you can directly connect your iPhone or iPad to your child’s keyboard and allow them to be guided by technology if you wish. The Alesis Melody is perfect here as it offers a three-month trial of Skoove helping you master play much quicker. However, if you don’t like the added distraction of technology at this point, you can also get a good teaching mode from the Yamaha YPT-260 9-step lesson function with its inclusion of a Yamaha Education Suite.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a sustain pedal for, and can I get one for my keyboard?
A sustain pedal is what you will commonly find on a piano and what many people like to add to use on their keyboard. Though most keyboards don’t automatically sell a sustainer pedal with their products, you can purchase one separately if you want the effect of keeping a particular note or chord during a song. They usually attach to a MIDI function.
What should I do to clean and care for my piano?
When it comes to keyboards for kids, they are most likely to suffer not just from dust but the general mess that most sticky hands bring with them to the keyboard! A damp cloth is the best solution for gently cleaning the keys after each use. However, it’s a good idea at this early stage to get your child, and anyone else playing the keyboard, to wash their hands thoroughly before they begin playing.
Should I get a more advanced model for my child to “grow into” or is it best to stick with a simple keyboard for beginners?
The prospect of staring at an extensive keyboard with hundreds of functions, many which they’ll never need at this point, can actually put a child off learning to play and enjoying the experience. At this stage, a basic keyboard with the most adequate features such as smaller sized keys are the most sufficient model types. When they’ve mastered the basics, they can then handle a more extensive keyboard type.
Recently I was chatting to a friend who was asking what laptop he should get for his three-year-old… My first response was “Are you serious?“, followed by a tirade on why a three-year-old did not need a thousand dollar machine to spill juice on and pluck’n’suck keys.
After a brief rebuttal, it became clear that the main reason for considering this purchase was that he did not want his own laptop to become his daughter’s personal saliva stockpiler. Interesting… “What about just buying a keyboard?” I suggested. Putting some distance between those dirty digits and your Dell is actually not an original idea, and it’s actually a very popular way of protecting your own expensive equipment.