Best keyboard for Wrist Pain – There are plenty of good keyboards out there, whether you’ll be gaming, working from home, or typing away in a shared office space. While you may not need all the bells and whistles (like this dynamic keyboard that shifts position), you do need one that truly supports good posture and hand placement.
No matter which product you choose, the best ergonomic keyboard for you is going to be one that’s built for your needs. Once you’re all set up, then you can really get down to business.
Pros & Cons
- AWARD-WINNING SPLIT DESIGN: Unlike fixed ergonomic keyboards, the Freestyle2 allows you to rotate and separate the key modules up to 9" to achieve natural hand, wrist and forearm positions for your specific body type and preferences.
- STANDARD WINDOWS LAYOUT: The Freestyle2 for PC features a standard Windows layout with hotkeys like Cut, Copy, Paste, multimedia keys, and an embedded numeric 10-key to boost your productivity. No software or special drivers required.
- LOW-FORCE KEY SWITCHES: The Freestyle2 uses a custom membrane key switch that features a low-activation force and tactile feedback to reduce finger fatigue, impact and strain.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Freestyle2 USB Wired keyboard with a standard Windows Layout, detachable pivot tether for adjustable splay, and Quick Start Guide. Plug-and-Play for Windows 7-10.
- PLUG-AND-PLAY: Windows 7-10, Linux, and Chrome. No software or special drivers required.
2.Microsoft Surface ERGNMC
Pros & Cons
- The Bluetooth wireless connectivity helps in reducing the clutter of wires around your Notebook
Pros & Cons
- Wave design with Constant Curve layout: Curved layout guides hands into just the right position
- Ease and comfort: Cushioned palm rest makes work easier and fun more fun
- Longer battery time: This feature gives you up to three years of battery life. (Battery life based on a calculation of an estimated 2 million keystrokes per year in an office environment. User experience may vary.)
- Logitech Unifying receiver: The tiny Unifying receiver stays in your notebook, so there's no need to unplug it when you move around. And you can easily add compatible wireless mice and keyboards to the same wireless receiver
4.Apple Magic Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad features an extended layout, with document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full-size arrow keys for gaming
- A scissor mechanism beneath each key allows for increased stability, while optimized key travel and a low profile provide a comfortable and precise typing experience
- The numeric keypad is also great for spreadsheets and finance applications
- And the built-in, rechargeable battery is incredibly long-lasting, powering your keyboard for about a month or more between charges
- System Requiremetns: Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later and Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later
Pros & Cons
- High-Performance Mecha-Membrane Switches: Provides the tactile feedback of mechanical key press on a comfortable, soft-cushioned, membrane, rubber dome switch suitable for gaming
- 32 Mecha-Membrane Keys for More Hotkeys and Actions: Perfect for gaming or integrating into creative workflows with fully programmable keys
- Thumbpad for Improved Movement Controls: The 8-way directional thumbpad allows for more natural controls for console-oriented players and a more ergonomic experience
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16 8 million colors on individually backlit keys
Pros & Cons
- Value Bundle Includes Jestik Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Comfort Keyboard -PC & Mac
- Compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, Mac OS 10.4, and newer. USB Port
Pros & Cons
- Instant Connectivity: Plug the USB receiver and push the button on. Then use the keyboard instantly, up to 30 feet away. No need to install any drivers!
- Up to 200 Hours of Battery Life: Use the keyboard for many days thanks to its integrated rechargeable battery and save on disposable ones. This light-up keyboard has a water-resistant function, you don't have to worry about spilled liquids damaging it.
- Rainbow Backlighting: Bring your desktop to life! Select static or disable the lights completely if you prefer. Note: colors are not customizable.
- Brown Switch Feeling: Slightly quieter and easier to trigger than the Blue Switch Feeling. Halfway between typing and a gaming switch. It enables you to double tap faster. It has a short travel distance to make typing a quick effortless action. Thanks to a new generation wireless transmitter, it performs as well as a cable version.
- Unbeatable Durability+ 2-YEAR WARRANTY: The frame is made with highly-resistant ABS plastic and metal base. The keycaps feature a special coating to protect the keyboard for many years. We offer 24/7 support and a reliable 2-year warranty!
8.KLIM Light V2
Pros & Cons
- ✅ HIGH PERFORMANCE + EASY TO USE + TOTAL FREEDOM. With its super low response time, the KLIM Light V2 is among the very best wireless keyboards available on the market thanks to its fast membrane keys. Using it is as easy as plugging in the USB receiver and flicking a switch under the keyboard. You can now use it up to 10 meters away from your computer! This model also has a special Function key so you can access many useful shortcuts such as volume control directly on your keyboard.
- ✅ QUIET AND COMFORTABLE + IDEAL TO WORK FROM HOME. This wireless keyboard was conceived to be as quiet as can be, especially compared to a noisy mechanical keyboard. Each keystroke produces a soft sound, providing a very pleasant typing experience. You will never bother anyone around you with loud typing ever again! BONUS: receive a free copy of the eBook "Increase productivity & gaming skills through faster typing" after your purchase.
- ✅ AESTHETICS. The keyboard is an essential piece of equipment for any computer. It takes a prominent position in your desk and will stay there 24/7, so it might as well look good. The chromatic lighting effects will definitely be noticed, especially in the dark. This greatly helps you to type in low light conditions if you are not used to touch typing. The brightness can be adjusted and the keyboard features an energy-saving system and will enter stand-by mode after 2 minutes of inactivity.
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST + EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE. The keys have a 10 000 000 keystrokes lifetime, so you can hold on to it for the next decade! The keyboard is made of durable ABS and is rather light: only 560 g. Unlike many other wireless keyboards, the KLIM Light V2 has a long-lasting built-in battery so you won't have to spend a dime on replaceable ones! Simply charge it in about 4 hours with the supplied USB cable. *Note: lowering the keyboard's brightness improves battery life.
- ✅ AN INVESTMENT + GREAT VALUE + SOLID WARRANTY. You spend hours on your computer everyday, typing away. This keyboard gives incredible value for its price, so you can improve your productivity and gaming experience without breaking the bank. At KLIM we are very confident in the quality of our products, which is why we offer you a 5-year warranty! It is a risk free purchase. Our Customer Service team is also at your disposal and will answer within 24 hours.
9.Fellowes Microban Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- Microban antimicrobial protection keeps product cleaner
- Conforms to natural arm and hand positions for added comfort
- 16-character buffer for fast typists
- 7 additional hot keys for multimedia control and one touch Internet access (internet must be connected)
- Wired keyboard
Pros & Cons
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology - with 2.4GHz RF wireless technology you can enjoy working at any angle and at distance of up to 30 ft
- Ergonomic design - The design of this keyboard with splitted key zones and gently sloped shape encourages natural position of hands, wrists, and forearm In maximum comfort for long use
- Internet & Multimedia hotkeys - Get instant access to your commonly used internet and multimedia tools with the 20 built-in hotkeys this keyboard has to offer
- Advanced laser sensor - The advanced laser sensor technology lets you work on almost any surface with improved speed, accuracy and reliability than traditional mice
- Dpi switch & Navigation hotkeys - quickly and easily adjust mouse DPI resolution (800/ 1200/ 1600) for a faster response with the convenient DPI switch located at the top of mouse. This mouse also includes two convenient side internet forward & back buttons for quick internet navigation
- 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Wireless Technology With 2.4GHz RF wireless technology you can enjoy working at any angle and at distance of up to 30 ft.
- Ergonomic Design The design of this keyboard with split key zones and gently sloped shape encourages natural position of hands, wrists, and forearm in maximum comfort for long use.
- Quiet Membrane Key Switches Membrane key switches provide a better tactile response and a quieter typing experience. Plus they last up to five million keystrokes.
- Internet & Multimedia Keys Get instant access to your commonly used Internet and multimedia tools with the 20 built-in hotkeys this keyboard has to offer.
- Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10; Connectivity Interface: USB port for wireless
Best keyboard for Wrist Pain – BUYER’S GUIDE
When choosing an ergonomic keyboard, think about how you’re planning to use it. Since ergonomics are designed for more comfortable and natural use, keyboards designed for different uses, like typing vs gaming, may look and feel different. The goal is to choose the best ergonomic keyboard for what you’re going to be doing the most so that you can enhance your experience and your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
< id="OUR5GLXD4ZFUJGAKKHYHYPFCFI">Do ergonomic keyboards really help?
Ergonomic keyboards really help to relieve pain and tension from the physical act of typing. In comparison to traditional keyboards, the goal of an ergonomic keyboard is to allow one to type while naturally maintaining proper body and hand posture. If you’ve never used an ergonomic keyboard and haven’t noticed any bodily discomfort from typing, you may not notice an immediate difference when you start using your new keyboard; however, you will certainly notice an increase in discomfort after you return to your regular keyboard, as you will now be more aware of the added irritation in your body. Regardless of what keyboard you’re using, if you experience consistent pain in your wrists or hands when you type, consult a medical professional.
How are your wrists feeling? If you’ve been spending an increasing amount of time in your office, you may have noticed added discomfort from all that typing. Whether you’re typing for work or gaming with friends, the best ergonomic keyboards can help you focus on the task at hand—instead of how the task is making your hands feel.
With split keyboards, ergonomic mechanical keyboards, and other computer accessories to consider, it might feel difficult to figure out exactly which product is ideal for your situation. This is especially true since many of the best ergonomic keyboards look entirely different—or exactly the same. So how do you choose the best ergonomic keyboard for your needs?