Best Mechanical keyboards for Coding – So, this was the collection of the best keyboards for programming in 2021. Here we have gathered some of the best programming keyboards that can help you work comfortably and smoothly.
As you can see, getting the right keyboard is a combination of several factors. Besides, there are also some technical aspects to it that an average user will find hard to understand. We have discussed those factors at the beginning of the collection in detail.
1.Das Keyboard Bundle
Pros & Cons
- This Bundle Contains: 1 Das Keyboard 4 Root Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Keyboard1 Twelve South Airfly
- Das Keyboard 4 root edition is the essence of simplicity: superior craftsmanship, iconic design, perfected, stripped down to the essentials, everything you need to type at the speed of thought. It build's on the success and award-winning design of our Das Keyboard 4 Professional but now with a USB 2.0 hub and braided cable.
- Das Keyboard Soft Tactile Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Key Switches with Gold Contacts
- Twelve South AirFy connects wireless headphones to wired headphone jacks with Bluetooth 4.1 technology
- Twelve South AirFly connects Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones on the plane with airline in-flight entertainment systems.
2.Razer BlackWidow Elite
Pros & Cons
- The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology provides a satisfying clicky sound with 50 G of actuation force, ideal for typing and gaming requiring the highest accuracy
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners, supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks, made of military-grade metal top plate
3.Keychron K2 Bluetooth
Pros & Cons
- Keychron K2, a 75% layout (84-key) white LED backlight compact Bluetooth mechanical keyboard. The ultimate keyboard that retains shortcut and arrow keys. Inclined bottom frame makes the K2 more comfortable to type even without a palm rest.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With the latest Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, K2 gaming keyboard has all necessary Mac function keys, while compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating system are included.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- With the Gateron G Pro Mechanical Brown switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. Charming white LED backlight with elegant keycap legends helps to type in dime environment, you can also choose static white backlight mode.
4.Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic
Pros & Cons
- Split keyset design helps to position wrists and forearms in a natural, relaxed position
- Cushioned palm rest provides support and promotes a neutral wrist position
- Domed keyboard design positions wrists at a natural, relaxed angle
- Separate number pad provides greater flexibility for workspace setup
- Natural arc key layout mimics the curved shape of the finger tips
5.Logitech MX Keys
Pros & Cons
- Perfect stroke keys: Spherically dished keys match the shape of your fingertips, offering satisfying feedback with every tap
- Comfort and stability: Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for comfort, stability, and precision
- Smart illumination hand proximity detection and automatic backlighting
- Flow cross computer control: Type on multiple computers in 1 fluid workflow
- Multi device and multi OS: Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android systems - Pair with up-to 3 devices. Easy-switch keys to connect up to three devices and easily switch between them
- USB c Rechargeable: Full charge lasts up-to 10 days or up-to 5 months with back-lighting off. MX Keys Keyboard- 5.1 H x 16.9 W x 0.8 D inch, USB Receiver-0.7 H x 0.5 W x 0.2 D inch, Palm rest-2.5 H x 16.5 W x 0.3 D inch
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
Well, we the programmers spend most of their days on a computer designing, writing, and testing code. That’s what makes the keyboard one of the most important tools in our day-to-day job. A coder cannot just simply pick any random keyboard and hope it does the job.
We need to choose a keyboard that makes our work easy, stress-free, and fast. A keyboard that they can type on the whole day without straining and also reprogram it to access the most frequented applications on their computers easily. A great keyboard should minimize how often you use the mouse and consequently boost your productivity.