Best Mechanical keyboards for Developers – Finding the best keyboard for Developers is not an easy task with the amount of keyboards available on the market. That’s when buying guides like this one come into play. This list was carefully written, researched, and rewritten (many times) to provide the best information on programming keyboards.
1.Apple Magic Keyboard
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad features an extended layout, with document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full-size arrow keys for gaming
- A scissor mechanism beneath each key allows for increased stability, while optimized key travel and a low profile provide a comfortable and precise typing experience
- The numeric keypad is also great for spreadsheets and finance applications
- And the built-in, rechargeable battery is incredibly long-lasting, powering your keyboard for about a month or more between charges
- System Requiremetns: Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later and Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with macOS 10.12.4 or later
2.Ducky One 2 SF RGB
- Primary: White Double Shot PBT with Backlit (clear) legends
- 10 additional PBT Double Shot colorful keycaps (Random color)
- Perfect for One 2 Mini users that want dedicated arrow keys, delete, page up, and page down
- All New Petite Bezel Design
- Detachable USB Type-C
3.Das Keyboard 4
- 4 PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL KEYBOARD - The thinnest mechanical keyboard in the world! The combination of tactile feel, the psycho-acoustic experience and incredible craftsmanship all deliver an unmatched typing experience that only Das Keyboard 4 offers. With a Das Keyboard 4, you'll type faster and longer. It feels so good, you won't want to stop.
- PREMIUM SOFT TACTILE EXPERIENCE - Best-in-class Cherry MX Brown mechanical key switches provide tactile and audio feedback so accurate it allows you to execute every keystroke with lightning-fast precision. Factory lubricated stabilizers on large keys for smooth typing with bumps on the F and J keys. The Soft Pressure Point switch technology makes the mechanical keyboard less clicky while providing an awesome tactile experience.
- UP TO 50 MILLION KEYSTROKES - Laser-etched keycaps for maximum durability are paired with Cherry MX Brown switches, giving your new mechanical keyboard life up to 50 million keystrokes. High-performance, gold-plated switches provide the best contact and typing experience because, unlike other metals, gold does not rust, increasing the lifespan of the switch.
- FULL N-KEY ROLLOVER - Fast typists, productive professionals and gamers will appreciate that Das Keyboard 4 supports full NKRO over USB. No need to use a PS2 adapter anymore. Just press shift + mute to toggle to NKRO (works with both Windows and Linux).
- 2 PORT USB 3.0 HUB & MORE - The convenience to charge USB devices & simultaneously upload content through USB is right at your fingertips. A blazing fast 2- port USB 3.0 hub to transfer music, high resolution pics & large videos at up to 5Gb/second. That’s 10x faster than USB 2.0. Extra long 6.5ft(201cm) USB cable w/ single USB A connector. Dedicated media controls w/ LARGE VOLUME KNOB & instant sleep button. Magnetically detachable footbar ruler to raise the keyboard to an optimal 4-degrees.
- Versatile split design great for typing and gaming: move the right module out of the way and bring your mouse in close for improved endurance and more precise aim (eSports proven). Rotate the left module for optimal key coverage or to squeeze into a tight space at a LAN. Or split the modules up to 20 inches and put your stream mic, HOTAS, or mouse in the middle for easy access. Separate the modules to shoulder-width for an ergonomic typing posture and add the lift kit tenting accessory to reduce forearm strain. The detachable Palm Supports now include all-new thick cushioned palm pads for even more comfort.
- 100% Mechanical switches for maximum performance: genuine Cherry MX Blue mechanical switches (clicky, tactile feedback) offer professional-grade responsiveness and unmatched durability (50M clicks). Choose the switch that's right for you.
- Immersive RGB lighting for a signature look: 16.8M Color per-key RGB Backlighting with 10 customizable effects like wave, spectrum, rebound, pulse, rain and much more. Install lighting expansion pack 1 to add Dual layer lighting and two-tone effects.
- All 95 keys are fully programmable for complete customization: Use the dedicated SmartSet key for convenient on-the-fly Remaps and macros, or use the all-new SmartSet app for special actions or to customize lighting effects. 9 available profiles with dual layers, powerful macros, quick Remaps, 9 game keys, 1ms response time, NKRO, game mode, & much more. All profiles and settings save directly to the keyboard's 4MB onboard memory for Tournament play.
- 100% plug-and-play: Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and chrome (1 full-size USB port required). No special drivers required. Rgb SmartSet app for Windows and Mac available for download.
5.Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard
- Split keyset design helps to position wrists and forearms in a natural, relaxed position
- Cushioned palm rest provides support and promotes a neutral wrist position
- Domed keyboard design positions wrists at a natural, relaxed angle
- Separate number pad provides greater flexibility for workspace setup
- Natural arc key layout mimics the curved shape of the finger tips
As developers we don’t need many tools to work, many would say that we just need a laptop or computer, and even though that’s true, there’s a difference between having the minimum required to work to have the tools that you need to work comfortably, productive and healthy.