Best Midi keyboard Under 200 – All the midi keyboards we have mentioned in this article are ideal for everybody who loves listening to and making music.
When it comes to the price, they are all under 200, which is not an expensive option considering the features they offer.
If you are interested in music production, a midi keyboard can be a worthy investment. Nevertheless, if it is your first time to buy this kind of device and you are overwhelmed with the options available, it is best that you choose from the above-mentioned products, since they are all unique and great units. In addition to that, they can offer you a lot of purposes.
I specifically compiled this list together trying to keep in mind different sized keyboards.
These are currently the best MIDI keyboardsd under $200 avilable.
If you’re wanting to go with an option that has a lot of different features and works extremely well with all major DAWs, go with the Novation Launchkey 49.
The MIDI keyboard that you choose is always a balance between personal preference and the task at hand.
Musicians, producers, and beat makers have different set parameters when it comes to keyboard controls.
Some will go for pads and others will prefer keys. The solid qualities that are offered by different mediums is a physical reality of various DAW navigation.
Pros & Cons
- 7 velocity-sensitive mini-keys (3 full octaves range plus 1 note)
- Modulation and pitch bend wheels
- Volume/Data knob (assignable)
- Octave/Program Up/Down back-lit, soft-touch buttons
- SET button to store and recall 4 different customized setups
Pros & Cons
- Smart sensor keys detect pressure, velocity, and tilt with polyphonic after touch
- 2 cv/Gate inputs; Gate and 3 CV outputs (16-bit)
- Channel rotation & poly pitch bend
- Plug and play: USB powered, no drivers needed
- MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux
3.K-Board Smart Keyboard
Pros & Cons
- K-board smart keyboard works with iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows
- Plug & play really, just plug the USB cable into your tablet or computer, launch a music Program, and start playing
- Unbreakable throw it in a backpack and take k-board anywhere without worrying about it. We've tested k-board to survive drink spills, super soakers, and being run over by a car
- Creativity ignited experiment with the touch-sensitive keys to shape sounds based on pressure or finger tilt
Pros & Cons
- Ultimate Expression - 49 full-size velocity-sensitive keys provide a natural feel that captures every subtle nuance of your performance
- Total Control - Volume fader, transport and directional buttons for easy control of your software, plus ergonomically-designed pitch and modulation wheels, Octave up and down buttons and sustain pedal input for expressive performances
- Immediate Creativity - Easy plug-and-play connection to your Mac or PC—no drivers or power supply required; compatible with iOS devices via the Apple to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately)
- Your Studio Centrepiece - Compact design fits any desk, studio or stage setup perfectly and advanced functionality customizes your controls for your recording software
- Premium Software suite included - MPC Beats, Ableton Live Lite, Velvet, XPand 2, Mini Grand, and Touch Loops
5.MIDI Controller Bundle
Pros & Cons
- Keystation 49 MK3 | Ultimate Expression - 49 full size velocity sensitive piano style keys provide a natural feel that captures every subtle nuance of your performance
- Keystation 49 MK3 | Total Control - Volume fader, transport and directional buttons for control of your software, plus pitch and modulation wheels, octave up & down buttons and sustain pedal input
- Keystation 49 MK3 | Immediate Creativity - Driverless plug-and-play connection to Mac or PC—no power supply required; compatible with iOS devices via the Apple to USB Camera Adapter (not included)
- SP-2 | Genuine Piano Style Sustain - Universal sustain pedal with chrome foot pedal for a piano style pedal action; polarity switch for compatibility with all electronic keyboards / MIDI Controllers
- Premium Software suite included - ProTools First, Ableton Live Lite, Eleven Lite, Velvet, Hybrid 3, Loom, Vacuum Pro, Eighty-Eight Ensemble, XPand!2
Pros & Cons
- MIDI Keyboard with 49 full-sized, velocity sensitive square-front keys, perfect for playing Virtual Instruments
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads for beat production and clip launching
- 4 assignable knobs and 4 assignable buttons interface with your music software. Seamless, visual feedback via illuminated buttons and knobs
- Octave Up and Down buttons let you access the full keyboard range and Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Premium Software Included - Includes Ableton Live Lite, Xpand!2 virtual instrument software by Air Music Tech and MPC Beats
Pros & Cons
- Compact keyboard controller easily fits backpack and studio production desk (12.4" long, 1.6 lbs)
- Powered by USB connection to computer, with free virtual-instrument download packages
- Crammed full of all the features you need to play and edit musical ideas
- 25-synth-action mini-keys, 8 velocity-sensitive rubber drum pads with two banks, and eight assignable control knobs
- Dedicated buttons for Note Repeat, Full Level, and Octave Up and Down
- 1400 Sounds and Everything You Need For Pro Production: Production software package for Mac and PC included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
Pros & Cons
- Connect wirelessly to iPad, iPhone, or Mac
- Lasts a month between battery changes
- Usb compatible
- Compact and playable natural touch Mini keyboard
- Lavish array of powerful music software bundled free of charge
9.Novation Launchkey 49
Pros & Cons
- "Designed for Live — Get hands on with Ableton Live – An unrivalled integration to Ableton Live with your Launchkey gives you a seamless music making experience. Have all the tools at your disposal with deep and intuitive Ableton Live control — including device macro control, track select, record, capture MIDI, clip and scene launch, stop/mute/solo, volume, pans and sends. Never lose an idea with Capture MIDI – One touch access to Ableton Live’s Capture MIDI ensures you will never lose an idea without taking you from the creative expe-rience.
- Create and play with feeling – Velocity-sensitive keyboard and 16 velocity-sensitive pads enable expressive and dynamic performance at your fingertips. Capture your playing in Ableton Live precisely as you intended.
- Play chords with one finger – Lay down chords for your track quick with three chord modes — fixed, scale, and user. Play a chord with one finger by assigning a fixed shape to the keys and it’ll transpose as you move up and down the keyboard.
- Get melodies moving with arpeggiator – Easy to use but deeply controllable, Launchkey Mini’s creative arpeggiator allows you to change rhythm, beat, pattern, octave, gate and more to add a whole range of diversity to your ideas and melo-dies.
- Never hit a wrong note – Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the se-lected scale, so that you can focus on being creative and remove music theory frus-tration.
- DAW Integration – In addition to Apple Logic and Ableton Live, Launchkey also has excellent integrations with Reason, as well as any HUI compatible DAW, such as Cubase, Pro Tools, and more.
10.Native Instruments Komplete
Pros & Cons
- 32 compact keys to control all your instruments and effects
- Sleek and solid design, fused with professional production features
- Comes with a powerful software package, including synths, basses, drums, effects – plus Ableton Live 10 Lite
- OLED display and touch-sensitive knobs to tweak your sound’s essential parameters in real-time
- Usb 2.0 bus powered
Best Midi keyboard Under 200 – BUYER’S GUIDE
It simplifies the recording process
If you are currently looking for a way that can help you in recording music, then you will never go wrong with a midi keyboard. This device is very easy to set up and use as well as lets you make high-quality beats.
With such a keyboard, you will surely enjoy controlling your music programs with the help of faders, sliders, and a wide range of knobs found on the MIDI that will let you manipulate your music programs’ control for more hands-on approaches.
At this moment, this piano-style electronic music device is trendy because of its stylish look. The user interface of a midi keyboard comes in many different alternative designs that consist of buttons and pads that are equipped in order to sense the velocity of your finger to either increase or lower the play volume.
Makes the best melody
When it comes to making the best melody, a midi keyboard can provide an enormous advantage, most especially to music lovers. In fact, the created melody will have the most effective quality of sound. As a matter of fact, it is the capability of the midi keyboard that will control the sound, making them playable like other traditional music players.
Come with many keys
Midi keyboards are available in 25, 37, 49, 61, 76, and 88 keys. In fact, models with more number of keys are categorized and typically the piano-type keyboards.
It provides a system that has the power of generating music and sound
A midi keyboard can be used to bridge the gap between the audio generated using modern computers by providing a system that has the capability of generating music and sound directly on the computer.
For your information, a midi keyboard is a device that is specially designed to render a sound system that is synthesized via virtual surroundings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use a midi keyboard?
Using a midi keyboard is pretty easy; all you need to do is follow the instructions provided by the product’s manufacturer.
When it comes to producing music, a MIDI keyboard is one of the most important things that you can purchase. With this being said, there is a lot of false information as to what you truly need when starting out. The best MIDI keyboards for under $200 are often minimalistic and easy to use.
I think that having a functional MIDI keyboard that doesn’t have a ton of additional features is more than okay, and probably better to for a beginner.