Best 17 inch Gaming Laptops Under 1000 – Buying a 17-inch laptop under $1,000 can be a difficult task, especially if you’re not very familiar with the device’s specifications and rules of buying the laptop. We have tried our best to provide great options under this price bracket. Overall, all the listed laptops give some value with distinct features.
Now, it is up to you which one you pick that suits you best. This article covers everything that you must consider before buying a new laptop, whether from the online or offline market. If you like this article, share it with those friends looking for a new laptop with a large 17-inch screen. What are your thoughts? Do let’s in the below comment section.
1.Acer Aspire 5
Pros & Cons
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
- Secure Operating System: Windows 10 Home (S mode) comes with advanced security features built right in, like protections against phishing and malicious software so you don't have to think twice when navigating to a new webpage or downloading an app
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; 10 100 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports For All Your Accessories: USB 3.2 Type-C, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Power-off Charging), USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, headphone speaker line-out jack, Ethernet (RJ-45), DC-in for AC adapter
Whether it was equipped with a dedicated graphics card, a 14-inch display or Ryzen APU, the Acer Aspire 5 has always proved itself to be a very good device for office and everyday applications. Acer is hoping to continue this trend with its new version of the Aspire 5, A515-56-511A.
The manufacturer has placed its bets on the current Tiger Lake CPU that has an integrated Xe graphics unit, 16 GB of RAM and a 1-TB SSD. Equipped with these features and a price of around $630, the notebook will have to compete with the competitors listed below. You can also add further devices from our database to the comparison at the end of every section.
2.Dell Inspiron 15
Pros & Cons
- 15.6" HD Touchscreen Display, 1366 x 768 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient LED screen.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 12GB DDR4 RAM, Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 512GB PCIe SSD Save files fast and store more data. With plenty amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- Full keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting. Intel Iris Plus Graphics with shared graphics memory. Waves MaxxAudio Pro with Stereo speakers & Integrated Widescreen HD 720P Webcam with Single Digital Microphone Array.
- Windows 10 in S Mode included. 3-Cell Lithium-ion Battery. 13.35" x 9.52" x 0.83", 3.73 lbs. 3x USB Type-A, 1x HDMI, 1x SD Media Card Reader, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combo. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, Black.
Build quality is very consistent, too. The wrist-rest barely budges, the screen feels sturdy, and the underside has a little give – but all the components inside are well protected. We wouldn’t really have a problem with slinging the Dell Inspiron 15 inside a backpack and expecting it to survive our travels.
You’ll only need to use a protective sleeve if you’re concerned about aesthetic damage. This isn’t a particularly expensive notebook, though, so don’t expect metal draped over every surface.
3.ASUS TUF Gaming F17
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 Graphics up to 1585MHz at 80W TGP.
- Quad-core Intel Core 15-10300H Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
- 144Hz17.3” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS-Type display
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 8GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM
- Durable MIL-STD-810H military standard construction
- Comes with Windows 10 Home and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
Asus has sent us its new, affordable TUF gaming laptop with a Tiger Lake processor and an RTX 3060. Last year, we reviewed the the TUF A17, a model from the previous series equipped with a Ryzen 7 and a GTX 1660 Ti. The new model should be much faster, at least in graphics applications and games, although the total TGP of 95 watts is rather in the middle to lower performance range of an RTX 3060. The display now supports 144 Hz instead of the former 120 Hz.
Besides the virtual predecessor, we naturally also want to compare it with the competition found in the same price segment. This primarily includes the Schenker XMG Core 17, but also the MSI Alpha 17 and, for lack of further 17-inch competition, the MSI GF65 Thin and the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 15-inch rivals.
4.MSI Stealth 15M
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Visual Performance: The 15.6” 144hz display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame of the game.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with cores, take on any games and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI Stealth 15M is powered by a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, take on today's most popular games with these performance graphics.
- On the Go Gaming: Designed to be thin and light for gamers to carry around every day for games, study, or work.
- Cool and Powerful: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation. Featuring state of the art fans and heat pipes, get the airflow you need for gaming.
- Versatile Connections: The Stealth 15M features a wide range of I/O ports, Thunderbolt 4 supporting power delivery and up to 40Gbps of data transfer and USB 4.0.
Nvidia’s latest GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs are empowering a new level of performance in gaming laptops of all sizes, with slim and light systems in particular benefiting from this added power. The MSI Stealth 15M is one such machine, boasting a GeForce RTX 3060 that enables high-frame-rate 1080p gaming in AAA and esports titles alike.
Our review unit is bursting with 32GB of memory and 1TB of solid-state storage, wrapped up in a sleek, compact 15.6-inch form. The 14-inch Acer Predator Triton 300 SE is a superior value with similar performance and our Editors’ Choice winner among ultraportable gaming laptops, but the Stealth 15M is a midrange alternative with a lot to like.
5.ASUS VivoBook 15
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
Between a range of component options, supply shortages, and pricing wars, the budget laptop game is fierce in 2021. For weary shoppers seeking a super-affordable machine, the Asus VivoBook 15 ( in model F512JA-AS34 we tested) is a low-frills but reasonably priced option.
It’s slightly quicker than most of its like-priced competitors and features an above-average selection of ports and decent battery life. The biggest concessions are a display with subpar brightness balancing and sharpness, and a tight (but not unusual in this price range) 128GB SSD for storage. It may not be too exciting, but for the money, it’s a fully functional 15-inch Windows laptop that can get through easier tasks and last through the day. Its larger sibling, the Asus VivoBook 17 M712, is one of our top budget picks.
Best 17 inch Gaming Laptops Under 1000 – The 17-inch laptops may seem heavy and large against their 13-inch and 15-inch counterparts, but there are many reasons for their demand. These large laptops are perfect for replacing home PCs, offering a decent screen area for gaming, and creating content. More importantly, large enclosures provide excellent ventilation for powerful components. In other words, the best 17-inch laptops are very different from their 13-inch and 15-inch counterparts.