Best Budget Convertible Laptops Under 400 – As you can see, the best 2 in 1 laptops under $400 are no speed demons. They are not the fastest nor the most powerful laptops around.
However, they are sufficiently powerful for day to day school and office work. Due to their portability and longer battery life, you can easily carry them around and stay away from the power socket for hours. Thus bloggers and writers would find them highly useful.
1.ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
Pros & Cons
- Powerful & efficient Intel Quad-Core Pentium N5000 Processor (up to 2.7 GHz), 128GB eMMC Storage, and 4GB DDR4 RAM
- 14 inch glossy screen in a 13 inch frame with NanoEdge HD Wideview technology and a touchscreen display with up to 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- 13” wide, 0.6” thin with 0.3” bezel for a stunning 73% screen-to-body ratio; Aluminum chassis and lightweight at 3.3 pounds
- Portable and convertible 2-in-1 laptop with four viewing modes: tablet, tent, stand, and laptop
- Comprehensive connections including, USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), Micro HDMI, Micro USB 2.0, SD Card Reader, plus headphone out and audio-in combo jack
Indeed, unlike the exterior or lid, the keyboard deck as a whole shows some flex with a little pressure, especially above the keyboard. You can tell, in that regard, that this is a less expensive laptop, and it’s exaggerated by the fact that the deck is lifted off the desk in that area by the hinge.
At least the exterior, where pressure is more likely, is more sturdy. For its part, the touchpad is a bit small, but smooth and responsive. It includes a fingerprint reader in its top right corner for secure sign-in, as well.
2.HP Pavilion X360
Pros & Cons
- Latest 10th Generation Intel Dual-Core Core i3-1005G1 CPU at 1.2GHz Base Frequency, up to 3.4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost, 4MB Caches.
- 14" Diagonal HD SVA Anti-Glare Micro-Edge WLED-Backlit Touch Screen (1366 x 768); 360° flip-and-fold design
- 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking; 128GB solid state drive (SSD)
- HDMI output expands your viewing options; Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer; Wireless/Wired connectivity (WiFi 5 - 802.11 ac); Built-in HD webcam with dual array microphone
- Windows 10 Home in S mode. No Optical Drive.
The Pavilion x360’s 14-inch, 1920 x 1080 display is a little on the dull side. And while the screen is relatively bright, its glossy texture makes it a little frustrating to look at.
Karen Gillian’s red top looked drained in the Jumanji: Next Level trailer on the Pavilion x360’s panel. When Gillian was kicking ass in what looked like a dining area, I could see most of the surrounding furnishings, but only at a certain angle, as there was significant glare. Despite that, the display is sharp enough that I spotted the stitching in Jack Black’s hat.
3.Lenovo Chromebook C330
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
Need a low-cost Chromebook for minor tasks? If yes, this Lenovo Chromebook C330 review will serve as your buying guide.
To get started, I will provide in-depth information about the laptop’s design, CPU, GPU, storage, memory, and battery life. In addition to that, I will also present the performance tests using benchmarks of some of these specifications.
Making comparisons with competing brands is also what we do in our reviews. These comparisons help you weigh your options with other brands.
At the end of this Lenovo Chromebook C330 review, you will have enough information and expert critique on whether or not this device is for you.
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-Portable Less than 1-inch thin (.84-inch); Convertible x360; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; Latest Generation Intel Celeron N4100 (Quad Core, up to 2.4GHz, 4M Cache, 6W); Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 4GB DDR4 System Memory; 64GB SATA M.2 Class 20 Solid State Drive; High durability - Designed to be kid-proof: spill-resistant keyboard; rubberized base; Corning Gorilla Glass
- 11.6" HD 1366 x 768 Touch with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT,WVA Camera & Microphone; Dell Active Pen Compatible (Optional Accessory)
- Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 (802.11ac) 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.1; Combo headphone/microphone jack; Noble Wedge Lock slot; HDMI; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1
One rung below the pinnacle of Dell’s corporate laptop hierarchy (the Latitude 9000 series), you’ll find the excellent if somewhat staid Latitude 7420 . This 14-inch business laptop gets subtle improvements with each new generation. The latest version doesn’t fix what isn’t broken, adding Intel’s latest silicon and little else.
This means that for the time being, it’s a superior alternative to our longtime favorite enterprise ultraportable, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (whose new Gen 9 edition, which matches the Dell’s move to 11th Generation Intel processors, we haven’t tested yet). Choose the Latitude 7420 if you want a competent workhorse with excellent computing performance, even if it is a bit heavier and more expensive than the ThinkPad.
Pros & Cons
- hp 14 inch laptop
You probably know that HP’s Pavilion brand is for consumer PCs priced and positioned below its upscale Envy and Spectre lines. But Pavilion is only the second-lowest rung on HP’s notebook-PC ladder. Its budget laptops have no brand at all, just a generic family name: “HP Laptop.”
Take the HP Laptop 14-dq2020nr ( at Amazon and Walmart). The 14-dq2020nr is every inch an economy model, with just 4GB of RAM and a 128GB solid-state drive—half the memory and storage we consider today’s minimum—but it’s a workable introduction to Windows if you don’t want to consider a Chromebook.
Best Budget Convertible Laptops Under 400 – In addition to that, convertible laptops are slim and highly portable. They are lightweight and generally offer a very long lasting battery life. All this adds to their higher cost.
Since these laptops are excellent for people who are always on the go such as business people, students, bloggers, writers etc, they are highly sought after. However, not everybody can afford a high end 2-in-1 laptop.