Best Budget Fortnite Laptops for Under 500 – This brings our list of the top cheap gaming laptops under $500 to a close. For those with a few more dollars to spend be sure to head over to our other guides covering the best gaming laptops for more powerful machines that will up the ante and take your gaming experience to the next level. Check back soon for more awesome laptop deals and gaming glory.
1.Acer Aspire 5
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
While it may look dated, under the hood, the Acer Aspire 5 is a powerful piece of kit thanks to the 10th Gen Intel Core processor with a fast M.2 SSD. Then, factor in 8GB of RAM, a decent 48Wh battery and 1080p IPS panel and what you get is complete reliability.
What’s more, as tested this is the 14-inch Acer Aspire 5 A514-52-582Y model (15-inch models and variants running AMD processors are also available), so despite the mediocre screen to body ratio this remains a pretty portable device.
Connectivity isn’t bad either, with USB Type-C and ethernet in the mix. It covers most bases. There are certainly better-looking laptops at this price (head to our general best laptops ranking for more of those). But despite that, the Acer Aspire 5 presents a pretty strong overall package. Read on to find out more.
2.Lenovo Ideapad 330
Pros & Cons
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM , Storage: 256GB SSD (Everything Lenovo Original 2019)
- 7th Generation AMD A9-9425 Processor (Dual-Core, 3.1 GHz up to 3.7 GHz)
- 15.6 Inch HD (1366x768) NON-Touch anti-glare LED backlight display,200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio ; AMD Radeon R5 Graphic, supports two independent displays: Max resolution: 4096x2304@30Hz (via HDMI)
- Intel Wireless 802.11 ac + Bluetooth v4.1 Combo, DVD-RW, Webcam, HDMI, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC), Ethernet RJ-45
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Ideal for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise
If you’re on a tight budget and need a laptop for basic online tasks, then the Lenovo IdeaPad 330 (reviewed at $265) is a solid choice. This 15.6-inch machine has a sturdy chassis and a comfortable keyboard, perks that budget laptops rarely offer.
The IdeaPad 330 even has a DVD drive, which isn’t something we typically encounter on laptops anymore. Unfortunately, a poor display, short battery life, and below-average performance spoil the fun, so we recommend spending a bit more on a better system, like the Acer Aspire E 15. It’s still one of the best laptops under you’ll find.
3.ASUS VivoBook 15
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
Between a range of component options, supply shortages, and pricing wars, the budget laptop game is fierce in 2021. For weary shoppers seeking a super-affordable machine, the Asus VivoBook 15 ($399.99 in model F512JA-AS34 we tested) is a low-frills but reasonably priced option. It’s slightly quicker than most of its like-priced competitors and features an above-average selection of ports and decent battery life.
The biggest concessions are a display with subpar brightness balancing and sharpness, and a tight (but not unusual in this price range) 128GB SSD for storage. It may not be too exciting, but for the money, it’s a fully functional 15-inch Windows laptop that can get through easier tasks and last through the day. Its larger sibling, the Asus VivoBook 17 M712, is one of our top budget picks.
4.Samsung Chromebook 4 +
Pros & Cons
- Touch Screen Type :Adaptive.Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Large and immersive 15.6” display in a compact frame
- Compact design - military-grade durability - Slim, under 3 pounds, and with military-grade durability, 1 it's made to handle Bumps and drops. Plus, it comes with a full-sized keyboard and trackpad.
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi -with a Lightning fast Gigabit Wi-Fi connection, stream or download massive files rapidly.
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection. Microphone-Yes
- 10.5 hours of battery life - delivers up to 12 hours) of battery on a full charge that quickly recharges on a USB-C charger.
- Google Assistant enabled - use your voice to make a request and Google Assistant will get it done— whether you want to update your calendar or reply to a message, make a note or check the news.
- System Ram Type: Ddr4 Sdram
- Modem Description: Cable
- More space for what matters. Get Google One with 200GB of cloud storage for 12 months when you purchase a new Samsung Chromebook. Enjoy plenty of space for all your files, photos, and more. Redeem offer until 1/31/22
Acceptable laptop screens graduated to 1,920-by-1,080-pixel or higher resolutions years ago, but you can still find 1,366-by-768 panels in the 11.6-inch segment. Such a low pixel count means the Samsung won’t show fine details, and letters look faintly fuzzy.
(As with most Chromebooks, you can dial in lower “looks like” resolution scaling if you want icons or screen elements to appear larger.) Also, the Chromebook 4’s antique twisted-nematic (TN), rather than in-plane-switching (IPS), panel technology translates to narrow viewing angles and dishwater-murky colors.
5.Apple 13in MacBook Pro
Pros & Cons
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
That’s not to say that it looks all that different from previous models. In fact, as big of a change as the M1 chip is, it’s the only big upgrade the Pro 13-inch gets. If you have a 2019 or even an early 2020 model, for instance, you’ll probably want to wait a few generations before getting a Pro with an M1 chip.
However, it’s still a big update. This new model is 2.8 times faster than its predecessor and has a better battery life to boot. Additionally, it’s three times faster than comparable Windows laptops.
Best Budget Fortnite Laptops for Under 500 – Welcome to our weekly updated pro guide to the best cheap gaming laptops available for under $500 based on sales, pure hardware power, retailer discounts, professional reviews, and benchmarks.