Best Budget i5 Laptops Under 600 – As we come to an end, we hope this article has been helpful! We tried to include a variety of good laptops under $600 so that you can pick the most suitable one for your needs. If you’re still contemplating your options, these are our final recommendations:
We genuinely think the Acer Aspire 5 is the best laptop under $600 for light gaming and daily productivity tasks. Despite the low price, it incorporates a powerful processor, along with a competent RAM capacity and SSD storage suitable for such chores.
1.Acer Aspire 5
Pros & Cons
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
- Secure Operating System: Windows 10 Home (S mode) comes with advanced security features built right in, like protections against phishing and malicious software so you don't have to think twice when navigating to a new webpage or downloading an app
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; 10 100 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports For All Your Accessories: USB 3.2 Type-C, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Power-off Charging), USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, headphone speaker line-out jack, Ethernet (RJ-45), DC-in for AC adapter
While it may look dated, under the hood, the Acer Aspire 5 is a powerful piece of kit thanks to the 10th Gen Intel Core processor with a fast M.2 SSD. Then, factor in 8GB of RAM, a decent 48Wh battery and 1080p IPS panel and what you get is complete reliability.
What’s more, as tested this is the 14-inch Acer Aspire 5 A514-52-582Y model (15-inch models and variants running AMD processors are also available), so despite the mediocre screen to body ratio this remains a pretty portable device.
2.Microsoft Surface Go 2
Pros & Cons
- Starting at just 1.2 pounds (not including Type Cover), with new 10.5” touchscreen.
- Battery life up to 10 hours. Perfect for browsing, shopping, emails, and homework
- Tablet portability, performance and laptop versatility with adjustable Kickstand and Signature Type Cover.
- Stay connected with included USB-C port and headphone jack. Full HD front- and rear-facing cameras let you make crisp, clear calls to friends and family, or take and share great photos.
- Hi-res touchscreen is perfect for browsing, playing, and binge watching.
Visually, the Surface Go 2 looks to fit into the modern landscape by shedding its bezels to fit a larger screen in the same chassis (Apple’s done similar with the iPad 7th Gen). Combine that with improved specs over the original and an impressive webcam, and this Surface Go 2 review will show why it’s an impressive low-cost machine for those working on the go and one of the best tablets available today.
Is the second time the charm for the Microsoft Surface Go 2? On paper, this tablet seeks to erase the issues of its predecessor, with more screen and less bezel. You also get excellent battery life on par with the iPad Air, plus a webcam that is actually sharp, unlike almost every internal camera I’ve ever tested on a laptop.
3.ASUS VivoBook 15
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
The Asus VivoBook 15 (2020) costs $399 and, like some other lower-priced options from Asus, manages to deliver a premium look befitting a notebook twice the price. Given the price, the overall size and weight of the VivoBook 15, a laptop with a 15.6-inch screen, is a pleasant surprise as well.
Unfortunately, things fall apart a bit from there; the display is dim and dull and the battery life is short even for a laptop in this price range. Performance holds up OK for simple web work, but anything more taxing is going to be painfully slow on its Intel Core i3-1005G1 processor.
4.Dell Inspiron 15
Pros & Cons
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 (1 0 GHz up to 3 6 GHz 6 MB cache 4 cores) Processor + Intel UHD Graphics
- 8GB 8Gx1 DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 256GB M 2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- 15 6-inch Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display Narrow Border
- Wifi AC Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Build quality is very consistent, too. The wrist-rest barely budges, the screen feels sturdy, and the underside has a little give – but all the components inside are well protected. We wouldn’t really have a problem with slinging the Dell Inspiron 15 inside a backpack and expecting it to survive our travels. You’ll only need to use a protective sleeve if you’re concerned about aesthetic damage.
This isn’t a particularly expensive notebook, though, so don’t expect metal draped over every surface. The underside of the base is only covered in metal on areas where it’ll be visible, and the keyboard, wrist-rest and screen bezel are all finished with underwhelming matte black plastic.
5.Acer Swift 3
Pros & Cons
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz) with Radeon Graphics; 8GB LPDDR4 Memory; 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Intel wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax; HD webcam (1280 x 720); Backlit keyboard; Fingerprint reader
- 1 - USB Type-C port USB 3. 2 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C and USB Charging, 1- USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (featuring power-off charging), 1 - USB 2. 0 port and 1 - HDMI port
- Just 0.63" thin and 2.65 pounds and up to 11.5 hours of battery life
However, budget laptops do come with more limitations than their more expensive siblings, and the Acer Swift 3 (2020) is no exception. It’s inherited some of its predecessor’s flaws, such as weak-sounding, downward-facing speakers.
But, it’s improved on its predecessor as well, by updating the performance and battery life, without adjusting the price. The Swift 3 might not be the Dell XPS 13, but it will get you fairly close for a fraction of the price.
Basically, if you want that Ultrabook form factor for a fantastic value, the Acer Swift 3 (2020) is an excellent choice, particularly if you’re on a limited budget.
Best Budget i5 Laptops Under 600 – Don’t despair! If you’re not able to afford a $600+ laptop, you don’t want to miss our list of the top laptops under $600!
The race for the best laptop under $600 is on and there are plenty of awesome options. If you have a limited budget of $600 or less, we’ve got your back. Looking for something with a powerful processor? Take a look at our list of laptops that are available at an affordable price!