Best Budget Photography Laptops Under 500 – You won’t find here very cheap laptops for less than $500. For this money, you could get a decent laptop, but its characteristics wouldn’t be very convenient for image retouching. So, the threshold of your budget should start from $500. If you aren’t confused by it, then choose one of these 5 cheap laptops for photo editing from this list
Pros & Cons
- 1.1GHz Intel Celeron N4000 Dual Core Processor
- 4GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM | 64 GB eMMC Flash Storage
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 14" Diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
- Windows 10 Home in S mode
Equipped with an Intel Celeron processor and a cramped 11.6-inch display, the venerable HP Stream 11, refreshed several times in the course of its life, is one of the most bare-bones Windows laptops you’ll find. We tested the latest model for sale in 2021; with just 32GB of local storage and 4GB of RAM, it technically can’t run some modern apps.
If all you need is a portal to the internet, and you must stick to a budget and the Windows 10 operating system, the Stream 11 is actually a decent option. Otherwise, you’d do better to increase your budget to around to get a more capable budget Windows machine, or expand your considerations to include Chromebooks.
2.Acer Aspire 5
Pros & Cons
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
- Secure Operating System: Windows 10 Home (S mode) comes with advanced security features built right in, like protections against phishing and malicious software so you don't have to think twice when navigating to a new webpage or downloading an app
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; 10 100 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports For All Your Accessories: USB 3.2 Type-C, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Power-off Charging), USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, headphone speaker line-out jack, Ethernet (RJ-45), DC-in for AC adapter
This laptop is a bit of an eye-sore, it has thick bezels and a chunky plastic chassis while the keyboard is far from sleek. But, and there is a very big but, this laptop is truly excellent value for money. That’s why this is one of the best laptops under medium price.
While it may look dated, under the hood, the Acer Aspire 5 is a powerful piece of kit thanks to the 10th Gen Intel Core processor with a fast M.2 SSD. Then, factor in 8GB of RAM, a decent 48Wh battery and 1080p IPS panel and what you get is complete reliability.
What’s more, as tested this is the 14-inch Acer Aspire 5 A514-52-582Y model (15-inch models and variants running AMD processors are also available), so despite the mediocre screen to body ratio this remains a pretty portable device.
Pros & Cons
- Acer Chromebook C720-2844 11.6" Celeron 2955u 1.4GHz 4GB RAM 16GB SSD Chrome OS
Originally released in late 2013, the Acer C720 has quickly become of the most popular and common Chromebooks. It is very similar to the HP 11 and most purchasers are usually considering buying one or the other. In daily usage, the C720 is speedy and responsive for most basic tasks but definitely not a laptop to replace a normal computer.
One slight problem is that the keyboard is of poor design and deteriorates with extensive use. Overall, with 8.5 hours of battery life at only 2.8 lbs for roughly $200, this Chromebook is definitely a winner for those looking for their first Chromebook or a laptop to compliment their full service desktop/laptop PC.
4.Dell Inspiron 11
Pros & Cons
- 11.6 inch HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlit Touch Display
- AMD A9-9420e Processor (Dual Core, 2.6Ghz, 1MB Cache, 15W)
- 4GB (1x4GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC
- 128GB eMMC Hard Drive
- Windows 10 Home S
Building an appealing budget laptop is a tricky needle to thread—and you need to look at the result carefully in the context of what’s possible for the price. Even so, in the 2019 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1, you’re fed a few too many compromises without enough upside.
The price is wallet-friendly for a new PC, and the design is appealing on the outside, but sluggish performance and a dull display with a physical quirk are a hard sell. Competing options like the Microsoft Surface Go are not much pricier, and worth the extra cost for the better build quality. The Inspiron 11 3000 does the full Windows 10 basics, and it’s one of the smallest, least-expensive 2-in-1 convertible options around, but the system as a whole doesn’t inspire much enthusiasm.
5.ASUS VivoBook S14
Pros & Cons
- 14” Full HD 400nits NanoEdge bezel IPS level display with stunning 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Intel Evo Platform - perfect combination of performance, responsiveness and battery life. Amazing performance with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Vivid colors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Fast-charging, long-lasting battery.
- Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor 2.8 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 4 cores, with IPU) with Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor for secure Windows Hello login
- Convenient NumberPad integrated onto the trackpad
- Comes with Windows 10 and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
Our VivoBook S14 test unit is model S433EA-DH51-WH, the last two letters indicating it’s what Asus calls Dreamy White. The system is also available in Indie Black, Gaia Green, and Resolute Red, though the last two were hard to find for sale online in the US at this writing. The silver keyboard deck is decorated with a yellow stripe around the Enter key. If that’s not garish enough, middle schoolers can deface the lid with some anime graffiti stickers that are, oddly, included in the box.
In the S14’s case, your seven C’s get you a quad-core, 2.4GHz (4.2GHz turbo) Core i5-1135G7 processor with Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics, 8GB of RAM, a 512GB NVMe SSD, and a 1,920-by-1,080-pixel non-touch screen with medium-thick bezels around it.
Best Budget Photography Laptops Under 500 – When you are just beginning photo editing in Lightroom or Photoshop or are looking for a portable laptop to work on the go, you will immediately begin searching for the best laptop for photo editing on a budget. Then you understand how challenging it is. I have reviewed 5 affordable and the best mid-range laptops that will perform all image retouching tasks but won’t leave without money.