Best Gaming Laptop Under 200 – If you just want to play a few lightweight titles, a budget of $200 means your options are far better than they ever used to be. In fact, here’s how to find the best budget laptop no matter what you want a portable computer to do.
It just takes a little digging to find a machine with the performance to get the job done. By carefully considering the following aspects, you’ll be able to prioritize the features that will add the most value to your gaming experience
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- 11.6 inch ( 1366 x 768), 16:9
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060, 1.6 GHz to 2.48 GHz
- 4 GB Memory. Spill Resistant : Yes
- Google Chrome system. Brightness: 220 units
- Bluetooth 4.0
back to menu ↑
- Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.8 GHz); 4GB DDR4 Onboard Memory; 64GB eMMC
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit TN display; Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.1; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet; Up to 10 hours battery life
- 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 ports, 1 - HDMI port with HDCP support, 1 - Ethernet (RJ-45) Port & 1 - Combo headphone / microphone-in jack
- Windows 10 in S mode & Microsoft 365 personal 1-year subscription (activation code included)
back to menu ↑
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a 15 hour and 45 minute battery life, so you can stay connected without having to search for an outlet
- MADE FOR WHAT YOU DO - Switch between gaming, connecting with friends, and getting your schoolwork done. The powerful MediaTek mobile processor, full-size keyboard, and 11-inch display can handle it all
- THE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE - Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into one laptop. It’s fast, simple, and secure
- EFFICIENT OPTICS - Never sacrifice graphics for battery life again. The MediaTek Integrated Graphics card has Octa-core CPU and GPU graphics processors and a multimedia engine, so it’s built to perform without draining your battery
- HIGH DEFINITION, HIGH QUALITY - With an anti-glare, 11-inch laptop screen, you can stream movies and shows beautifully, all in the high-definition detail of 1 million pixels
- REMOTE WORK READY – Connect with work colleagues or friends and family from home and in high quality with an HP True Vision camera, integrated dual array digital microphones, and custom-tuned dual speakers
- PORTS and CONNECTIVITY - Enjoy rock-solid connections with the latest Wi-Fi 5 WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 4.2 as well as reliable external ports in the Headphone/Microphone combo and USB 2.0 Type-A and Type-C ports
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY - Confidently work and play with a 1-year limited hardware warranty
- GOOGLE PLAY STORE - The millions of Android apps you know and love on your phone and tablet can now run on your Chrome device without compromising their speed, simplicity, or security
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY - Do the environment–and your wallet–a favor with a Chromebook that is ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered, and uses low halogen cables
back to menu ↑
- Celeron N3060; 4GB Memory;16GB eMMC
- 11.6" HDF Non-Touch LCD
- 10 hours of battery life. Wireless- intel dual band wireless-AC 7265 802.11AC Wi-Fi + BT 4.0 LE wireless card (2x2)
- 1 Year Mail in Service
back to menu ↑
- 7th Generation AMD a9-9420e Processor with Radeon R5 Graphics
- 11 6" Hd (1366 x 768) LED-backlit Touch Display
- 4GB 4GBx1 DDR4 2666MHz
- 64GB eMMC storage
- No Optical Drive
- 802 11bgn + Bluetooth 4 0 1x1
- Micro-sd card reader USB 3 1 2 0
- Memory Storage Capacity: 64.0
- System Ram Type: ddr4_sdram
back to menu ↑
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM 32GB eMMC
- SLIM, EXPRESSIVE DESIGN: With its smooth diamond white, with dove silver finish, vertical brushed pattern, and pop of color, the HP Stream perfectly fits your personality.
- LIBERATING BATTERY: go at least 13 hours without worrying about recharging.
- SLIM & PORTABLE: Ultralight at 2.37lbs so you can take it anywhere.
- MORE FEATURES, MORE VALUE: With an Intel Celeron processor, work all day or binge-watch your favorite shows - all while staying under budget.
back to menu ↑
- Chromebook runs on chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and slides.
- Get access to more than 2 million Android apps from Google Play to learn and do more. Connectivity - Wireless LAN Standard - IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- CB3-532-108H comes with 15.6” HD Display, Intel Atom x5-e8000, 4GB LPDDR3 Memory, 16GB eMMC, Google Chrome, up to 12-hours Battery Life
back to menu ↑
- ▶ AMD A6-9220e accelerated processor; Dual-core processing. AMD A6 APU handles the AMD Radeon graphics alongside the central processor to balance the load, enabling great performance, rapid multitasking and immersive entertainment.
- ▶ Beautiful 14" display Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- ▶ 4GB DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking; 64GB eMMC flash memory: This ultracompact memory system is ideal for mobile devices and applications, providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition video playback.
- ▶ 802. 11ac wireless LAN; 2 x USB 3. 0, 1 HDMI 1. 4; 1 headphone/microphone combo, AMD Radeon R4 integrated graphics
- ▶ Windows 10 Home 64-bit English brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Microsoft Office 365 Personal 1-year subscription for free
back to menu ↑
- Manufacturer refurbished with 90 Day Warranty (through Manufacturer or Manufacturer certified service provider).
- Ultra Portable and Ultra-thin design with Sleek Metal Body (.59-inch) Laptop in Silver; Windows 10 in S Mode (Switchable to W10 Home); Intel Quad Core Celeron N5000 (1.1 GHz, up to 2. 7 GHz, 4 MB cache) + Intel UHD Graphics 605
- 14in Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS ComfyView, HDCP, Mercury free, Wide Viewing Angle, anti-glare Display; Acer TrueHarmony High-Performance Sound System with Two built-in stereo speakers
- 4GB DDR4 memory; 64GB High Speed eMMc; Precision Touchpad; HD Webcam; Intel HD Graphics; Long Lasting battery
- Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello, 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.0 Ports & 1 - USB 2.0 port 1, HDMI port, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit WiFi (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0
back to menu ↑
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Laptop Under 200 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
THE CHROMEBOOK ROUTE
As you can see, searching for a gaming laptop under 200 dollars pretty much limits your choices to Chromebooks. However, many of them are powerful enough to get away with some lightweight gaming and some even come the Windows operating system (OS) so you’re not limited to the Chrome browser. But if you’ve never considered this option before, a big draw – besides being super portable, fast and battery efficient is that they’re oh-so cheap.
Using one for the first time, you’ll initially be surprised to find that Chromebooks offer a little less functionality than traditional laptops. For instance, since the user experience is streamlined, you won’t be able to use many of the applications you easily find on Windows or Mac systems.
Some examples of Chromebooks that aren’t relegated to the Chrome OS are the HP Stream 14 and Acer Aspire 1. Since they’re Windows-based, they use the Windows 10 OS. What’s the benefit to you? This opens you up to far more gaming options!back to menu ↑
Speaking of portable, laptops in this range are fairly lightweight with screen sizes ranging from 10- to 14inches. But how small is too small? And in the opposite spectrum, how heavy can a gaming laptop be before it becomes unmanageable?
While it’s un-likely that your choice of gaming laptop under 200 dollars will be more than 14-inches (given the options on our list). It’s still important to think about how and when you’ll be using it so that you find one with the right size to fit all your needs besides gaming.
For instance, while a large screen will help you see your opponent more clearly. It may not be that practical if you travel frequently. And while a 10-inch laptop slips into your bag easily. Game graphics might be challenging to see.back to menu ↑
Nothing is quite as essential to the performance of the laptop you plan to play games on as the graphics card. But this is less of concern for this price bracket because, without exception, all budget laptops under $200 come with integrated graphics. Which makes these systems best suited for the least demanding titles, like Minecraft and League of Legends.
Astonishingly, however, many of these laptops give you the option to upgrade the graphics card to something more robust (making them an even greater value) so you can play higher-end games. If you choose to run what comes with the system, understand that gaming at this level means underpowered graphics. But don’t worry, the hardware is well-suited for the least demanding games.back to menu ↑
No matter how much you spend or what you intend to do with your laptop, performance depends on the quality of the CPU and RAM. Even at the low-end side of the gaming laptop spectrum, some machines will outclass others when it comes to the performance of the hardware offered – A gaming laptop under 200 shouldn’t cry every time you open a basic flash game. And since your using it for gaming, it shouldn’t be un-usably sluggish.back to menu ↑
RAM (RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY)
While we’re on the subject of RAM, having more will increase the speed of the system. We recommend at least 4GB of at least DDR3 SDRAM for gaming. While this amount of memory may be challenged when it comes to multitasking with multiple windows open…
It’s surprisingly sufficient for supporting the middling graphics of games like Counter Strike and League of Legends. But if you want your new $200 gaming laptop to feel more responsive, buy one that lets you upgrade the RAM module to 6 or 8GB in the future.back to menu ↑
This is another major component that’ll affect how much you’re able to enjoy the games you play. Decent frame rates are highly dependent on the quality of the graphics card and the CPU. But did you know that you could tweak the FPS for enhanced visuals?back to menu ↑
You won’t be able to store games and files on board like you can with standard gaming laptops that offer a bigger hard drive. Even if you don’t go with a Chromebook, all cheap laptops under $200 have tiny flash drives. 32GB of space is typical in this arena (the operating system and systems files usually take up half that space).
If on-board storage is important to you, look for systems with a built-in MicroSD card slot to expand storage. Other than that, you’re going to want to store as much as you can (except the game you’re playing) on the cloud. Alternatively, you can also opt for storing important files on an external device, like a USB drive or external hard drive.back to menu ↑
This isn’t one of the stronger features for a gaming laptop under 200 dollars, which is why we shoved it as far down the list as we could. Many laptops in this range lose some visual quality and won’t be able to push many titles to ultra-high settings.
As our list demonstrates, most come with the low 1366 x 768 HD resolution; it’s practically synonymous with the cheap laptop segment. You usually only get a dim TN panel with no IPS which doesn’t deliver great image quality. But this panel type is pretty good for gaming as it relates to response time.back to menu ↑
Think about the equipment you regularly use to play PC games, like external monitors, a backlit keyboard or a gaming mouse – you’ll likely want an HDMI port to plug into that larger external monitor.
Ports are getting smaller and fewer, especially on budget systems. And some manufacturers have all but wiped them off laptops. Make note of the ports you need and make sure the laptop you’re considering supports them.back to menu ↑
One thing you can be sure of, most gaming laptops under 200 dollars have great battery stamina compared to dedicated gaming laptops. But the importance of this feature depends entirely upon the type of user you are.
If you’re a road warrior always commuting and travelling, battery life is hugely important. In that case we encourage you to read many reviews for the runtime on the device you’re most interested in. If, however, you always have a power outlet readily available then you only need to make sure your power cord is right next to you.back to menu ↑
We think that if you’re going to make an investment like this, it’s important to think about durability. Materials used in constructing the chassis on even gaming laptop under 200 dollars aren’t always top-shelf. However, you can find a few gems like the Acer Chromebook C202 Acer Chromebook 14 CB3 and Lenovo IdeaPad S150 which work to elevate your budget laptop experience by providing durable, even premium looking chassis. Opt for the laptop that feels the sturdiest to support the stress of gaming and life.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of games can I play on a $200 laptop?
If you want to do more than fling birds at objects, older games are great for laptops at this price level – think games that around 10+ years old that only require 64MB of RAM. Mario All Star and Sim City are great examples of games that will play well on a gaming laptop under 200.back to menu ↑
Is an MHD (mechanical hard drive) good enough for a 200-hundred-dollar gaming laptop?
SSDs are much faster than MHD storage units. But if you want more space at this price level, go with a laptop that offers a mechanical hard drive. However, if you prioritize faster boot times and games that load faster (as we do), an SSD or eMMC flash storage is really the only way to go.back to menu ↑
What kind of components do you get with gaming laptops under 200?
You’ll find mostly netbooks and Chromebooks, even Windows-based Chromebooks. These are going to be laptops like the HP Stream or a refurbished Dell with a Celeron/Pentium CPU. Let’s just say that the performance of the hardware isn’t all that impressive. But if you go used or refurbished, you could get your hands on older laptops at around $200 with an i7 CPU. Just be mindful that the GPU will be able to play the games you have in mind for the system.back to menu ↑
Should I opt for a gaming laptop under 200 that offers a Celeron or Pentium CPU?
Depending on whether you’re going for dual core or quad core, Pentiums and Celerons can offer roughly the same performance. But in a pinch, Pentiums tend to edge out Celeron CPUs in performance tests.back to menu ↑
I hear a lot about the HP Stream 14 and Acer Aspire 1, but I honestly don’t know which to choose?
For basic productivity tasks, like checking emails, editing word documents and excel sheets, you can’t go wrong with the HP Stream 14. But overall, the Acer Aspire 1 is a better laptop with a faster CPU and better full HD screen.
Building your own gaming rig will always give you the maximum possible performance. But there’s one thing that PCs can’t genuinely deliver: portability. Even if you build the most small-form-factor PC in the world, you’ll still need a monitor, peripherals, and a power outlet near you to get things going.