Best Gaming Laptop Under 400 – It is hard to buy the best gaming laptops for under $400. It requires lots of research and you may have to sacrifice some important features or attributes. In this post, we tried our best to make you suggest the best gaming machines for the price. You can have a bird’s eye view of the post and see which one of them falls right on your criterion.
We are pretty sure this post will make you pick a good laptop for the price. Do not forget to read the buying guide section as it helps you learn what to expect for the price.
After reading the reviews and guide, we believe that you can now settle for the best one of them all. If you are tech savvy, you can choose models that will be easy to upgrade later. For those who don’t need to test their laptops once in a while, compact and slim is the way to go.
If you feel that you would like to share your thoughts, don’t shy away from the comment box below.
That would be all regarding the best gaming machines under 400. I hope that you’d make a wise and shrewd decision by reading all the reviews mentioned-above thoroughly. Get a cheap gaming laptop right now and enjoy your quarantine days while playing different games at home.back to menu ↑
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
back to menu ↑
- 14" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED backlit (1366 x 768)
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U (2.6 GHz - 3.5 GHz) | AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM | 1TB HDD SATA 5400rpm | Windows 10 Home OS | Battery Life: up to 9 hours
- Built-in HD Webcam with Dual Speakers | WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2 MU-MIMO
- Multi-format media card reader | 1 x USB-C 3.1 | 2 x USB 3.1 | 1 x HDMI | 1 x RJ-45 | 1 x AC Smart pin | headphone/microphone
back to menu ↑
- [Powerful Core] - Powerful and efficient Intel quad core Gmini Lake N4020 processor, with fundamental frequency of 1.1GHz and burst frequency of 2.6GHz, based on 14nm technology and 5W ultra-low power design. The built-in high-performance Intel UHD graphics 600 ensures faster image processing and provides higher image quality.
- 【Storage What You Need】- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage helps you run multiple apps seamlessly. With up to 128GB TF expansion provides plenty of room for your documents, photos and videos. A separate M.2 SSD expansion is provided for greater space and faster read/write speed, which helps to keep all your favorite media files along with you, such as eBooks, songs, videos, photos, music, etc.
- 【Thinner and Lighter】- CHUWI HeroBook laptop computer weighs only 3.06lb（1.39kg） and slims to 0.84 inch（2.13cm）, perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing. It's a good choice for your life and you can take it anywhere. And the slim laptop has 14.1 inch Full HD 1920x1080 IPS display which provides better view experience when watching videos and daily working.
- 【Long Battery Life】- A monstrous 38Wh polymer lithium-ion battery with ultra-low power interl CPU enables it last over 9 hours. With fast charge technology, you can get longer time for your work, learning or entertainment. Note: Battery life will vary based on device settings and Apps usage.
- [7-in-One] - Equipped with high-speed m.2, 1 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB2.0, fast charging DC port, 3.5mm headphone jack, micro SD card slot, TF card. It supports Bluetooth 4.2, 2.4G WiFi, 4 speakers, single camera and dual microphone. A mini HDMI can support audio and 4k60hz video output, you can connect the device to a high-definition display or projector, and support Gigabit Ethernet through a dongle. So THE Herobook Pro laptop can meet your needs and make you enjoy life better.
back to menu ↑
4.Lenovo Ideapad S145 1
- Renewed products work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by -qualified suppliers. Box and accessories may be generic. All Renewed products come with the 90-day Renewed .
- Intel Pentium Gold 5405U Dual Core Processor
- 14. 0" HD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display
- 4GB DDR4 2133 MHz RAM - 128GB SATA Solid State Drive
- Windows 10
back to menu ↑
- Intel Pentium N3700 Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz up to 2.4GHz, 2M Cache with Intel HD Graphics
- 4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1) RAM, 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive; 3-in-1 Media Card Reader; Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Truelife LED-Backlit Display
- 802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4 GHz, 1x1; 1x HDMI, Stereo speakers + MaxxAudio; Standard Keyboard;
- Windows 10 home 64-bit. Battery: 40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery (removable); Color Black
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
back to menu ↑
- All the innovation inside: The power to keep up: With mobile AMD A9-9420e processor, you’ll have performance for your everyday activities. Convenient storage: 128GB solid-state eMMC storage keeps your system running fast as you work with your cloud-based files and web-connected life. Fast memory: 4GB DDR4 memory means larger bandwidth and faster load times for easy switching between applications and multiple programs.
- 11.6-inch HD (1336 x 768) LED-Backlight Touch Display; AMD A9-9420e Processor with Radeon R5 Graphics; 1x Headphone/Microphone combination jack; . 2x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 , 1x MicroSD Card Reader, HD Camera (720p); Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4 GHz, 1x1; Non-backlit & Spill-resistant Keyboard, English
- Nice and thin: With a thinness similar to a paperback, this 2-in-1 is compact and will fit into your bag easily. Small overall footprint: Staying small gives this a hand-held feeling that’s the perfect companion for a productive day at the park, for staying entertained on the go, or for interactive learning experiences for the little ones; A sight to behold: HD resolution in an 11" touchscreen provides luminous picture quality with impressive details.
- Myriad of modes: Your 2-in-1 is built with four flexible modes—laptop for typing, tablet for drawing or casual game apps, and tent or media modes for easy entertainment. Easy connection: You’re never out of options. A handy, full-size HDMI port lets you connect your 2-in-1 to your TV or a second monitor, while a convenient MicroSD card reader also provides extra storage and easy transfer, and get usage flexibility with three USB ports.
- Windows 10 Home (S mode) 64-bit, English; 2-Cell, 28 WHr Battery, Size: 11.31x7.79x0.70 inches. Weight: 2.57 lbs. Color: Gray. Free IFT 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
back to menu ↑
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
back to menu ↑
- Due to manufacturing design change, KEYBOARD COLOR with either black- or silver-style will be shipped (check 1st and 2nd images for details), and all the other features are identical.
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Processors, Quad-Core i5-1035G1(Beats i7-8550U), (1.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 8 Treads)
- 17.3 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED Display I Intel UHD Graphics Integrated
- 2x USB Type-A, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1x HDMI, 1x RJ-45 (LAN), 1x Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, 1 x Card Reader, 1 x DVD Optical Drive
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Full-size island-style Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, 802.11b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.2, HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, HD audio with stereo speakers : 【iCarp HDMI Cable Included】
back to menu ↑
- NaSUMTUO MediaTek MT8183 (8 Cores, 4x A73 @2.0GHz + 4x A53 @2.0GHz)
- 14" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare display; ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. 720p with Camera Shutter Ideal for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise, Online Class, Google Classroom, Remote Learning, Zoom Ready.
- 4GB LPDDR4X-1866 SDRAM, 64GB eMMC 5.1, No Optical Drive. This electronic gift, holiday gift offers a good experience for watching videos, browsing the web, remote work, or study from home.
- 11ac, 2x2 + BT4.2; 1x microSD card slot, 1x USB-C 2.0 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.1a), 1x headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm), 1x USB 2.0
- ▌Authorized BROAGE Bundle ▌Bundled with BROAGE MousePad, Authorized Sellers ONLY. Google Chrome OS. Blizzard Grey.
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Laptop Under 400 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
It is one of the most integral parts of a gaming laptop for the price. Check for the latest generation processor and its cores along with clock speed. A faster, high clock speed, multi-core, the hyper-thread supporting processor is always recommended and preferred. But for the price under 400 dollars that might not be possible. So, for the price, we recommend at least a core i3 processor for light gaming and computing.back to menu ↑
Graphics cards aka GPU are considered the integral part of systems designed and taken for gaming. It ensures smooth error-free gaming and processing. For the price, we cannot get dedicated graphics cards, as graphics cards are expensive. You may get hands-on integrated graphics which are also useful for light gaming and computing.
For 400 dollars you can’t get a dedicated graphics card but integrated. So, get a hands-on latest and powerful integrated graphics card. Intel UHD 4000 graphics can be purchased for the price.back to menu ↑
RAM or random access memory takes care of multitasking. In simple words, it helps you run multiple apps and programs to enhance productivity. Higher RAM sizes mean, high-end multitasking.
For the price in hand, we can’t afford a bulky memory. For 400 price range, we can only have 4GB memory. So, do not settle with less than that, the price demanded 4GB at least memory.back to menu ↑
It is essential to have good storage for optimal gaming performance. For a laptop under 400, we can’t afford giant storage. The least we can have 128GB SSD storage or 500GB HDD storage. So, do not settle less than that.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
For the price, it will be hard to grab a dedicated gaming machine. Yes, you can have an average laptop that handles light gaming such as Dota 2, GTA V, Minecraft, Sims 4, and others. So do not expect a full-fledged gaming machine for the price, we can’t afford one under the price bracket.
It is a mix-up of all features that decide the overall performance. You can’t spill a particular range of features or specs for the price. But for a mention, for the price, you should expect a core i3 processor, 4GB RAM, Integrated UHD 4000 graphics, and 128GB SSD storage or 500GB HDD storage.
No, it is not possible to have a discrete graphics card holding laptop. Actually, for the price, it is possible to buy just a GPU. Yes, look for integrated graphics on the laptop for the price. You can easily get a good integrated graphics card to handle light games.
When it comes to gaming, laptops are always regarded as the successors of PCs as they are easier to use and utilize. That being said, if you need one of the best gaming laptops under 400, then I’ve got something interesting for you.
However, I won’t allow you to keep higher expectations from a laptop under 400. You’d be able to play some old AAA games from 2012 to 2015 easily with a laptop that costs a few hundred bucks only.
So, now coming towards the main topic, I’ve compiled a list of top 10 best gaming laptops under 400 for you to make a wise decision. Scroll through this list and head towards the review section for better assessment respectively.