Best Laptop for Digital Art – For professional artists and amateur drawing enthusiasts, a lot of factors must be considered simultaneously so as to make an optimal laptop purchase – strong and fast CPU, effective GPU, speedy RAM & storage, long-lasting battery life, and accurate display quality. The laptops listed above are the best laptops to draw, doodle, paint, and work targeted at artists who are pursuing a laptop under a specific budget.
Having deep-dived into the descriptions and customer as well as critical reviews, the two laptops that outshine the rest are Surface Book 2 from Microsoft and Dell XPS 13 9370.
If you’re low on budget but need a resourceful device, we recommend getting Lenovo Flex 5. The device is powered by an AMD processor and has ample amount of RAM & storage capacity.
These laptops for drawing result in a powerful performance and they are popular for outshining their previous versions with fantastic updates and relevant configuration for amateur drawing enthusiasts and professional digital artists alike.
There are tons of laptops accessible available in the market however to keep away from your state of confusion, I’ve chosen the highest 9 best laptops for drawing functions. Though laptops by no means are designed for single-use, we can certainly categorize them based on their efficiency and show high quality.back to menu ↑
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 features a 8th generation Intel Dual Core i5 Processor, 256 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to 17 hours of video playback
- Includes an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated GPU
- The fastest surface Book yet, with 2x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: Now available with an improved 15" Touchscreen
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
back to menu ↑
- LARGE SPACE TO RELEASE YOUR INSPIRATION: Large active area allows to release your inspiration on enough space and slim, sleek, super lightweight panel with compact design and delicate craftsmanship, offers a no delay or no chopping excellent drawing experience.
- PAPERY DRAWING EXPERIENCE: 8192 levels pressure sensitivity, the harder you press, the thicker and darker lines would be,the lines transition from thin to thick will be fluid and precisely under your control.The paper-like surface of the graphic tablet provides users with a more natural and realistic experience, just like drawing on the real paper.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: 8 shortcut key(zoom in/out, brush size +/-, undo, hand, brush, eraser), support both left-handed and right-handed users. You can set default according to personal habits. Ease of operation saving more time.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MULTIPLE SYSTEMS: This graphics tablet is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS 10.10 or above, but not for the Linux, Chrome. Also compatible with Adobe Photoshop/Photoshop CC/Illustrator/LightRoom/Corel Painter/Autodesk MAYA/Pixologic ZBrush/ Macromedia Flash/Comic Studio/SAI and etc.drawing software.
- EASY TO SET UP: User-friendly for right and left hand user with the pen holder, ideal for professional artist, newbie designer and amateur hobbyist in all ages, provides One-year warranty service and clock customer service.
back to menu ↑
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
back to menu ↑
- Equipped with a 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510u Processor, 16 GB DDR4 memory, and 512 GB SSD storage. Windows 10 Home included
- Features a 14-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS display, 250 nits, 10-point touchscreen
- Enjoy all of your favorite media with Intel UHD Graphics and 2 x 2W Dolby Audio
- Get more done, No matter where you travel, with up to 8 hours of battery life* and recharge Technology that lets you Fuel up to 80% battery Capacity in just one hour
- The Lenovo flex 14 tablet laptop keeps you connected: 2 x 2 Wi-Fi 802.11 AC, Bluetooth 4.1, 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1) Type-A, 1 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1) Type-C, 4-in-1 card reader, HDMI, and 3.5 mm stereo headphone and microphone combo Audio Jack
back to menu ↑
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U 1.80GHz Processor (upto 4.60 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 4-Cores) ; AMD Pro WX 3200 4 GB GDDR5 Dedicated Graphics
- 32GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM; Intel WiFi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System, Backlit Keyboard
- 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; 65W Power Supply, 3-Cell 56WHr Battery; Ash Silver Color
- 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD; 2 USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, Smart Card Reader, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack.
- Windows 10 Pro-64, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
back to menu ↑
- 【CUSTOMlZED, Professional Upgraded to: 】16GB DDR4 SDRAM | 1TB Solid State Drive
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors i7-8550U (Base 1.80 GHz, Up to 4.00 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB Intel Smart Cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- 15 inch Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) Touchscreen Anti-Glare 350nits 16: 9 Aspect Ratio Widescreen LED Display I AMD Radeon 540 Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Memory
- 1 x USB-C [up to 5Gbps, 4K display out with optional adapter, Charging], 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x MicroSD Multi-media Card Reader, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Built-in HD 720p Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone, Backlit Keyboard, Wireless-AC (2 x 2)and Bluetooth 4.1 Combo, up to 12.5 hours battery life【 iCarp HDMI Cable included】
back to menu ↑
- Include Windows 10 Professional activation key(outside HP box), HP Premium Warranty, 3 Years McAfee Internet Security Key(self-activation required), HP Stylus Pen, HP Sleeve, BEST LAPTOP by HP Authorized Partner
- Newest 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) + Intel Iris Plus Graphics + 16GB onboard + 1TB PCI NVMe SSD
- 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch (1920x1080), HP TrueVision HD IR Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone, Fingerprint reader, Webcam Kill Switch, Precision Touchpad Support
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo, 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- Full size backlit keyboard, Bang & Olufsen dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, microSD card reader
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5" Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 - USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 - USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2. 0 port
- Co-Engineered for Mobile Performance by Intel and Acer Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1. 0
back to menu ↑
- ScreenPad Plus: 14 inch 4K matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 15.6 inch 4K UHD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor (12M Cache, up to 5.0 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- Detachable palm rest and ASUS active stylus pen included
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 16GB DDR4 RAM
back to menu ↑
10.HP – Envy
- 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080), Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 12GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (1 x 4GB, 1 x 8GB)
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics, 1 multi-format SD media card reader, 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds), HP Wide Vision HD Camera with camera shutter and integrated dual array digital microphone
- Audio by Bang & Olufsen; 3 speakers, Windows 10 Home 64bit (This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.)
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Digital Art – BUYER’S GUIDE
Graphics: You certainly have to have a system with a shocking image and sharp particulars. This is essentially the most elementary issue as a result of being an artist, who would even wish to compromise on the show? Always go for laptops which have an excessive decision and nice show as a result of it will nonetheless make your work extra snug for you and enable you to obtain your objectives.
Performance: No one needs a system that retains on lagging. While contemplating the efficiency issue, select the processor very properly. This is as a result of your complete system goes to depend on your processor. It’s higher to go for processors with core i5 or larger. Don’t accept something lesser than that. You wouldn’t need your laptop computer to hold tons of instances whereas working in your favorite drawing software program.
Screen Size: Make certain you’ll be able to easily roll over each element of your designs. Regarding one of the best laptop for drawing, the larger the display screen dimension more healthy is the efficiency. That’s undoubtedly a perk for the whole artist on the market since efficiency, and a larger display screen dimension goes hand in hand. Anything that’s 12 inches or greater is appropriate for an animator, however, a 14 or better inch HD Display would work greatest and swimsuit the wants of an artist. In this text, 9/10 laptops reviewed are having a display screen dimension better than 12 inches.
Operating System: Choose a user-friendly and simple to make use of setting for your self. Both Windows 10 and Mac Operating methods work greatest for an artist. However, MAC offers a much-updated display screen decision and therefore an extra vibrant setting. Laptops outfitted with MAC OS are barely costlier than those with Windows 10 OS. If you’re excessive on the price range go for MAC OS, in any other case, Windows 10 Operating System would additionally work wonderfully for you.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Which laptops are good for drawing purposes?
Usually, artists will find it easier to create drawings digitally on laptops that are convertible and possess qualities such as dedicated graphics units, strong performance, fast RAM, super-accurate display, and durable battery life.
Which processor is good for drawing laptops?
Artists must choose laptops with Intel i5 or i7 CPU configuration since they result in the best drawing output on the device. The performance is top-notch with these processors and the speed of the laptop is significantly increased. This, in turn, provides artists with greater productivity and smooth working on drawing projects.
Are 2-in-1s relevant for professional artists and drawing enthusiasts?
A 2-in-1 laptop that works well in tent mode, as well as tablet mode, can be perfect for an artist to draw, doodle or paint, given that the laptop is able to fulfill the minimum configuration requirements.
How can one draw easily on a laptop?
To be able to draw on a laptop, you must first ensure that you are using a touch-screen laptop. This touch screen laptop must then have the capability of reading an external pen, like a Stylus, Lenovo Pen or Windows Ink, so that the pen’s gesture can draw effectively on the screen.
One must purchase an expensive laptop to fulfill their drawing requirements?
This is not necessary. Highly professional graphic designers, as well as editors, may be particular about the configurations that suit their requirements. This results in inexpensive laptops. Although, when it comes to artists on-the-go, mid-range convertible laptops are capable of providing them with required drawing specifications too.
Among other considerations, that means a machine with a high enough technical spec to handle Photoshop, Maya, or whichever program is your favorite, and a design that is portable enough to take you from meeting, to office, to train, to coffee shop.
Whether you’re looking to take your first steps into the world of digital art, or you want to upgrade your workstation, there’s a product out there that’s perfect for you and your requirements.