Best Laptop for kali Linux – Kali Linux users know how to appreciate a good laptop setup, and if you count yourself among them, then we’re happy that you’ve stumbled across our review of the best laptops for Kali Linux. We hope that you’ve liked our selection of high tier laptop models and wish you good luck in finding the one that suits your needs.
Kali Linux is heavy software that needs a good processor so that you can use this software without any difficulty. Not only that you will be able to do your work much morning effectively but also it will help you ensure quality based professional working.
If you do not have a good laptop that is designed to provide you all the required standards for Kali Linux then you won’t ever be able to use this software for penetration testing etc. For that reason, it is necessary for you to do your survey and then choose the type of laptop that is the best for you according to your needs.
You may get confused big time if you go on looking for yourself on various websites. Keeping everything in mind, such as price range, features, use, etc., the list is ready and good to go. Make sure to go through every specification since each one of them is unique in its own special way.
We’re pretty sure you may have made your choice by now. We did not make a list of over 20+ laptops as they are much more confusing when selecting one option. So a small yet highly reviewed and a curated list has been mentioned.back to menu ↑
1.Acer Aspire E 15
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life
back to menu ↑
2.Apple MacBook Pro
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
back to menu ↑
3.Dell G5 15.6
- 【Display】15.6 inch FHD(1920x1080) 300nits WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display(non-touch), 60Hz refresh rate
- 【10th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor】10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H (12MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 6 cores), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
- 【High Speed RAM And Enormous Space】RAM Is 16GB DDR4 Memory For Multitasking Adequate High-Bandwidth RAM To Smoothly Run Multiple Applications And Browser Tabs All At Once; Hard Drive Is 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Tech Specs】1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Headset jack, 2 x SuperSpeed USB 2.0, 1 x Wedge lock slot, 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet, 1 x USB-C with DisplayPort Alt-Mode
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home-The Windows 10 Home operating system offers built-in security and app like Mail, Calendar, Photo, Microsoft Edge, and more to help keep you safe and productive
back to menu ↑
4.Lenovo Y700 17.3
- CPU Intel Core i7 (6th Gen) 6700HQ / 2.6 GHz
- Max Supported Size 16 GB
- Technology DDR4 SDRAM
- Speed 2133 MHz / PC4-17000
- Capacity 1 TB
back to menu ↑
- ▌Upgraded ▌Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, from Base Model with Specis 12GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD. 1-years warraty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from BROAGE, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components. CPU: AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 7-3700U Processor(2.30GHz Base, up to 4.00GHz with Max Boost, 4MB Cache)
- Display: 17.3 inch HD+ (1600 x 900) with four-sided wider NanoEdge bezel; Graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics; 720p User-Facing Webcam and Microphone Ideal for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise, Online Class, Google Classroom, Remote Learning, Zoom Ready
- RAM: 12GB 2400 MHz DDR4 SDRAM Memory; Hard Drive: 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive; Optical Drive: No
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1; Ports: USB 3.2 Gen1, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, USB 3.2 Type-C Gen1, SD Card Reader, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack; 720p HD webcam
back to menu ↑
6.Alienware 17 R4
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 17.3" Full HD Display
- Intel Core i7 6700, 2.6 GHz (up to 3.5 GHz with turbo boost)
- 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Hybrid Storage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics with 8GB Dedicated Graphics Memory
back to menu ↑
7.MSI GV62 8RD
- Display: 15.6 inches Full HD eDP IPS Level 45 percent NTSC
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050TI 4G GDDR5
- Processor: Intel Core i5 8300H 2.3 4.0GHz
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB
- Storage: 256GB NVMe SSD
- Cooling: 2 fans, 2 exhausts, 6 copper heat pipes
- Special Features: Nahimic 3 Digital 7.1 Audio Enhancer, MSI App player, Dragon Center Management App
- Keyboard: Customizable Red Backlit Keyboard w/ glowing key edges, powered by Steel Series Engine 3
- LAN + WiFi: QCA8171 + Intel Wireless AC 9462 (1*1 a/c)
- Operating System: Win 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- OS : Win 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
back to menu ↑
8.Dell Inspiron 15
- Wifi-6 802.11 AX wireless
- Single Sign-on fingerprint reader
- Lid-open sensors
- Adaptive Thermals
- Lift Hinge for improved typing angle
- Backlit Keyboard
back to menu ↑
9.Acer Predator Helios 300
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
10.Razer Blade Stealth
- Blaze through games and content creation - Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti 4gb vram graphics, quad-core 11th gen intel core i7-1165g7 processor, and 16gb dual-channel memory
- Blaze through games and content creation - Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti 4gb vram graphics, quad-core 11th gen intel core i7-1165g7 processor, and 16gb dual-channel memory Designed for mobility: Ultra-thin, light and incredibly durable with a cnc unibody aluminum frame and long battery life
- 120hz full HD thin bezel display: Super-fast 120hz full HD display that enables smooth visuals in games, with 100% sRGB color space
- Razer chroma keyboard and precision touchpad: keyboard featuring single-zone rgb lighting with 16.8 million color options, and a precision glass touchpad
- Complete connectivity — Includes thunderbolt 4, USB-C, USB-A, wireless AX, HD webcam utilizing windows hello, and 4-array mics
back to menu ↑
So now that you’ve seen some of the best laptops for Kali Linux that the market has to offer, you may be wondering what things you should look out for when it comes to buying a laptop for this software.
We’ve written this buyer’s guide to help you to know exactly what you should be looking for when buying a laptop.back to menu ↑
First and foremost, when buying a laptop for Kali Linux it is important to make sure that you have a good processor.
Ideally when you are looking for a new laptop you should be aiming for a processor that’s multi core or dual core if you are going to be running Kali Linux.
In truth, every CPU can work with the Kali Linux program, but for the best possible efficiency you should be looking for an Intel i5 or i7 processor.
You should be avoiding going for an i3 processor if possible, because your laptop is likely to run at snail’s pace which really isn’t fun for anyone.back to menu ↑
RAM is another important aspect to consider when you are buying a laptop to run Kali Linux.
At an absolute minimum you will need 2GB of RAM to run the program. Any lower and the program just isn’t going to run. However, if you want better efficiency you should really be looking for more RAM than this, like 4GB or 8GB of RAM.
You will also need to consider what else you are going to be using the laptop for, as different things are going to require different specifications.back to menu ↑
The last thing that you want is a laptop that will last less than 5 minutes on battery before it dies off.
The whole point of a laptop is that it’s portable and you don’t need to have it plugged in all the time, so if your laptop has terrible battery life and it has to be plugged in all the time then you may as well get a desktop as the whole functionality of the laptop is pointless.
In an ideal world you should be looking for a laptop with a minimum battery life of around 6 to 7 hours in total. Even better if the battery life is longer.
It takes a lot of work for your laptop to run Kali Linux so you really should be looking for something for a larger battery life because the program will eat at your battery life.back to menu ↑
You aren’t looking for a laptop for gaming, right?
If you are, then a powerful graphics card will be necessary. If you’re just buying the laptop for running Kali Linux then you really don’t need to go all out on the graphics card.
With that being said, you should at least try to make sure that you have a decent graphics card. For instance, you could opt for an Nvidia Graphics card that will be efficient for Kali Linux and they are much easier to use.
They also have automatic updates for the drivers which can be pretty handy.back to menu ↑
This may not seem like a big thing to think about when buying a laptop, but for some it can be pretty important.
You should be checking that the laptop is fairly slim so that you can carry it easier, and they usually tend to look more attractive too.back to menu ↑
When you first install Kali Linux, it will take up 20 gigabytes of storage.
Sure this isn’t a massive amount of storage but it’s still important that you have a decent storage capacity that can handle whatever things that you need to save. For instance if you’re penetrating testing you are going to need a lot more extra space.
So ideally you should be looking for something that’s above 128GB of space. You may even wish to get 1TB of storage space.back to menu ↑
Laptops need to be portable, so it’s a good idea to get one that’s fairly lightweight.
This may not be important to you if your laptop is going to be remaining stationary most of the time, but if your laptop is going to be carried around with you a lot then it’s certainly worth thinking about the portability of the laptop.back to menu ↑
The choice of operating system for a laptop is a very subjective decision.
For many years, Mac fans have fought against Windows fans, and so on, for which operating system is the best. You can use Kali Linux on a range of operating systems, so here are the main things that you need to know about the key operating systems on the market right now.
First of all you have the Windows operating system. This is a great choice for Kali Linux and it’s pretty versatile.
This operating system runs on the vast majority of operating systems out there, and you usually find that Windows operating systems tend to cost less money too.
There are also a bunch of other fun features on Windows such as Cortana and some are even compatible with stylus controls!
MacOS is another decent choice. This operating system is mostly exclusive to Apple products, and so it can be pretty expensive. The interface is pretty different from a Windows system though, so if you aren’t used to MacOS it can be a little difficult to adjust.
You can use them for things like ApplePay too and you can even take calls and texts on a MacOS laptop.
ChromeOS is probably the most affordable of the options out there. The operating system is somewhat similar to Windows as far as the interface is concerned, and you can use other android apps on them.back to menu ↑
It’s always important to consider the cost of a laptop before you think about buying it.
After all, you want a decent product but you don’t want to break the bank either, right?
Often the best thing to do in this situation is to consider exactly what you need for your laptop.
What are the things that you simply must have in a laptop for Kali Linux, and also for your own personal preferences? From there, you can then narrow down what things you would like to have but are not necessary for you.
This will help you to be able to stick to a budget that suits your wallet.back to menu ↑
Laptops can cost a lot of money, especially ones that are designed with great specifications that can run Kali Linux.
Naturally, when you spend so much money you want a product that is going to last.
You don’t want something that’s going to fall apart after less than a month of use. Of course, if you don’t have the laptop it can be difficult to know how durable it’s going to be.
In this case, check other reviews for the product online. A lot of reviews will cover the durability of the laptop, and if you find that a laptop is often getting negative reviews in the durability department then you know to stay away from it.back to menu ↑
Touchpad and Keyboard
This may seem like a relatively minor thing to consider but if you are going to be using the laptop to type then you will need to think about how useable the laptop is in that department.
If the keys are too far away from eachother then any work is going to take you an age to do. Make sure that the laptop provides lots of key travel, and you should also check that the touchpad is up to scratch too.
This is completely irrelevant if you’re using a mouse, but a jumpy touchpad is a nightmare to use and so it’s best to be avoided. Again, you can check online reviews to see how the laptop fares in this department.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Kali Linux run under Windows?
Yes, Windows has released WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux and it is really very good for using Linux on Windows. But now it is in the initial stage and have some networking issue. Still VMWare is a good option.
We have even run Windows under Kali Linux. Where Kali Linux is host and Windows as guest OS.
Is Kali Linux Illegal?
Kali Linux is just a Operating System it can’t be Legal or Illegal. It is created for cybersecurity experts and ethical hacker. Purpose of using it might be legal or illegal. When a ethical hacker used it, it will be totally legal, but when we did illegal works with it then it our responsibility.
Does Kali Linux requires high-end Laptops?
Can you run Kali Linux on Windows 10?
Answer: Yes, you can. Kali Linux is one of the most popular and open-source Linux-based operating system. It widely used for hacking and penetration testing. Right now, you can download and install Kali Linux directly from the Microsoft App Store on your Windows 10 just like any other application. So, you don’t need to waste huge time for doing it.
Before, it was impossible, but now you can use it on Windows 10 without requiring any dual boot or virtualization. Recently Microsoft has provided a feature called “Windows Subsystem for Linux” (WSL) in the Window 10 OS that allows users to run Linux applications directly, and you can download and install from Microsoft App Store.
Is Kali Linux illegal?
Answer: Usually, it is legal to use, but if you use this operating system for hacking or illegal purposes, it will be illegal. Many programmers are using Kali Linux for programming. And, also few people are using it for hacking. So it completely depends on the user’s purpose.
How much RAM do I need for Kali Linux?
Answer: Kali Linux does not consume too much RAM. Minimum 1GB, but I recommended 2GB RAM. Right now, most of the low budget laptops come with 4 GB RAM, and for medium and high budget laptops comes with 8 GB RAM, which is too good for this operating system.back to menu ↑
is it possible to run Kali Linux on Windows 10?
Yes, you can run Kali Linux on Windows 10, although you need to run it through a program called virtual box. For instructions on how to do this, watch this video:
Laptops for Kali Linux are not exactly like other normal laptops. We are considering to buy a laptop for Kali Linux it should help in penetration testing and programming works.
As we all know Kali is a powerful Debian based Linux distribution so it doesn’t need so much extra features but some things should be inside the box. Because Kali is made for ethical hackers.
It is hard to use this software on an ordinary laptop as it will lead to lagging and slowing down the processor. With the advancement in technology, you will come across several different outstanding laptops in the market. Some of these laptops have the most powerful processors that will help you run the Kali Linux software smoothly and effectively.