Best Laptop For Toddlers – I would advise you to go through the list of the top 10 toys and choose the one that is best suited to your child’s needs and your budget. But, you are always free to do your own research. The FAQs should also answer any lingering doubts that you have in your mind. If you have any additional queries, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
This is basically all the information that you will need to buy the best toddler laptop for your little munchkin. This is the most comprehensive, detailed and informative guide that you will be able to find.
Best Laptop For Toddlers – ROUND UP
Pretend laptops, phones and other accessories are extremely good for such pretend play sessions. That is why I have come up with this comprehensive and detailed beginners’ guide that will help you purchase the best toddler laptop for your little one.back to menu ↑
1. LeapFrog My Own Leaptop
back to menu ↑
2. LeapFrog 2-in-1 Leaptop Touch
- 2-in-1 laptop features a screen that flips to convert from keyboard to tablet mode
- Laptop features a keyboard with letters A-Z and numbers 1-10, or swivel and transform it into a touch tablet
- Kids can pretend to be like mom and dad with role-play activities like emailing Scout
- Features five learning modes - ABCs, numbers, games, music and messages
- Parents can customize the laptop to help their child spell their name
back to menu ↑
3. LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet
- Press the app and bottom icons or slide fingers over the screen for a multicolor light show. Every action activates unique patterns of lights, colors and sounds
- Just like mom and dad's, this kid-tough toddler tablet features a home button, 20 app icons and introduces letters, numbers, shapes, animals, colors and more
- For role-play excitement, press the five dock icons and talk on the phone with Scout, explore time concepts, listen to Scout, play with the pretend camera and listen to music
- Play with the apps like a real tablet in Explore mode and hear exciting phrases about weather, sports and health. Learn mode includes colors, numbers, shapes and more
- Music mode plays songs and melodies and lets little ones create their own masterpieces
- Choose Explore, Learn or Music modes to explore role-play, a variety of age-appropriate curriculum, 20 familiar melodies and three songs.
back to menu ↑
4. Disney Princess Girls Play Laptop
- On button lights up when you press it
- Play laptop makes computer noises and includes a removable background!
- Includes: play laptop and play removable double-sided background
- 3 button cell batteries required (included)
back to menu ↑
5. Fire HD 8 Kids Edition
- Save up to $90 on a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet (not a toy), 1 year of Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited), a Kid-Proof Case with built-in stand, and 2-year worry-free guarantee, versus items purchased separately.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we'll replace it for free.
- The included 1 year of Amazon Kids+ gives your kids access to over 20,000 apps, games, books, videos, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Over 20 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed Amazon Kids (FreeTime) service. Amazon Kids parental controls allow you to set educational goals, create time limits, and filter content.
- Parents can give kids access to more apps like Netflix, Minecraft, and Zoom via the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
- Stream over wifi or view downloaded content on the go with 32 GB of internal storage and up to 12 hours of battery for reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music. Add a microSD card for up to 1 TB of additional storage.
- Amazon Kids+ includes thousands of Spanish language books, videos, apps, games, and Audible books.
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Includes a USB-C cable and 5W power adapter in the box.
back to menu ↑
6. Fisher-Price GMX42
- pretend camera with light, music, and sounds for early role-play fun
- playful songs, sounds, and phrases introduce your baby to counting, the alphabet, and more
- press the shutter button to “snap” puppy’s photo, then push the picture back in to reset
- soft, easy-grasp handle, clicker spinner, and rattle beads for hands-on play
- for babies ages 6-36 months
back to menu ↑
7. VTech Tote and Go
- Kids laptop offers 20 learning activities that teach 60+ words, spelling, shapes, logic and animals; educational electronic toy has progressive learning levels
- The pre-K learning center plays 30 popular rock, country, or jazz style melodies; puzzle and logic games develop critical thinking skills in toddlers
- Laptop for kids has an attached mouse that introduces basic mouse skills; customize the kids computer with a name, age, favorite food, avatar and more
- Pre-K learning toy has a computer screen, but it is not backlit; screen can be manually adjusted for contrast based on light levels of surroundings
- The children's learning system is intended for kids 3 to 6 years of age; 2 AA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
back to menu ↑
8. VTech Soft and Smart
- This soft activity cube has six sides of tactile, visual and auditory play that keeps your baby engaged from infant to toddler
- Feel the soft fabric, smooth ribbons, crinkly butterfly wings, three textured balls and more to explore the sense of touch
- See the black and white patterns, colorful fabric designs and peek-a-boo mirror to stimulate your baby's developing sight and self-discovery
- With a motion sensor, buttons and an interactive puppy, the activity cube sparks little ones' curiosity with fun sounds, phrases and upbeat songs
- Intended for ages 3-24 months. Requires 2 AAA batteries. Batteries included for demo purposes only. New batteries recommended for regular use
back to menu ↑
9. VTech PJ Masks Time to Be A Hero
- Defend the city from Luna Girl, Romeo and Night Ninja with help from the PJ Masks, Catboy, Owlette and Gekko
- Explore letters, vocabulary, phonics, rhyming words, beginner typing and problem-solving skills through six educational activities
- Help Catboy by matching shapes, repair the Picture Player using letter and phonics knowledge with Owlette and match the patterns with Gekko
- All six activities feature the real character voices of Catboy, Owlette and Gekko with exciting animations
back to menu ↑
10. Discovery Kids Teach ‘n’ Talk
- Battery operated and portable - Built in games
- Large LCD display (44mm x 100mm) - pivots right and left, up and down
- Standard keyboard layout and 2-button mouse
- Toy laptop modeled after actual laptops - Keep the kids occupied for hours.
back to menu ↑
Toddler laptops are a lot of fun for kids of all ages. When you’re looking for one, consider your budget. There are many under $30 and even $20 that are perfect for kids, but if you’re looking to make more of an investment, consider something a bit pricier with a wider range of options.
Think about your kiddo’s hand-eye coordination – some laptops are difficult for 2-year-olds but may be perfect for 4-year-olds. Simple games and bigger buttons are best for young toddlers. If you want to keep a kid visually engaged, choose a toy with more lights and buttons.
Kids that love music will enjoy laptops that offer more musical options, such as listening to preset songs or creating their own jams. Little ones want to mimic older people in their lives, and since you don’t want them banging around on your MacBook, getting them their own tech is a great, age-appropriate solution!back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted toddler laptop brands?
There are loads of laptop toy brands in the market. Some of the most trusted and well-known brands include Fisher-Price, LeapFrog, VTech, Mattel and Kidz Delight. They have been in the business for more than 20-25 years and they are widely trusted by parents and children from all over the country.
At what age should a child start using a computer?
I think that children should start using real computers from when they start learning computer science at elementary school. If you want to familiarize your toddler with using computers early on, then the best way to do that is to get them kid laptops from VTech or LeapFrog.
How to use a toy laptop?
Using a toy laptop is going to be very easy for your child. All they’ll have to do is press the buttons on the body of the toy. According to what button is pressed, the toy will play music, send pretend emails, activate digital assistants, etc. These toys are designed especially for toddlers.
Where can I buy a toy laptop?
Toy laptops can be found on online and offline toy stores. If you want to make the purchase online, then I would definitely recommend you to check out Amazon. They have a marvelous collection of the best toys. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with an old-fashioned toy store.
How should I care for and clean a toy laptop?
Toy laptops are extremely easy to care for and clean. Since they cannot be washed, the best way to clean them is to wipe them down with a sanitary wipe. You can also spray it with a disinfectant spray and then wipe it down properly with a clean fabric.
What exactly is a digital playmate?
You will see that a lot of the laptop toys in the market come with digital playmates. These are attractive digital animations of baby animals that will encourage your child to speak and communicate. For example, LeapFrog’s digital playmate is a puppy called Scout. They’ll also teach proper social skills to your toddler.
What kind of batteries do these toys need?
Most toy laptops for kids require 2-3 AAA batteries to work. To operate them, all you’ll need to do is replace the AAA batteries on a regular basis. Some of these kids laptops also come with rechargeable lithium ion batteries, which can be easily charged with the help of a USB cable/cord.
Which is the best laptop to buy for a toddler?
The best laptop to buy for your toddler would be a model that will develop their motor skills and hand-eye coordination, stimulate their developing senses and provide them with loads of educational content. I would recommend you to look into the VTech Nitro Kids’ Laptop or the LeapFrog LeapTop.
Are toy laptops safe for toddlers to use?
Toy laptops are perfectly safe for toddlers to use, as they are made of durable plastics that are free of harmful substances like BPA, carcinogens and phthalates. Also, these laptop toys do not have any small parts that would become a choking hazard for your little one. They are perfectly safe.
Does a toy laptop have any educational benefits?
Toy laptops come preloaded with songs, melodies, educational lessons, exercises, learning activities, games, puzzles, etc. that have immense educational value. A toy laptop is something that will both entertain and educate your child. Also, pretend play sessions with the laptop toy will develop and enhance your toddler’s concentration, creativity and social skills.
Do laptops for toddlers have audio ports?
Most laptops for this age don’t include ports for headphones. If you need a laptop or device for a kid that requires headphones so they can play while you work and keep things quieter, the Fire 7 is probably your best bet.
After kids complete all the activities, can you download more?
The Fire is the only app that has consistently new or changing activities. For most toddler laptops, what you see is what you get. Toddlers adore repetition, so it’s not likely they’ll get bored too easy, but if you have an older toddler that you think requires more options, opt for a laptop with more learning modules and games.
What ages are best for using toy laptops and tablets?
Kids around 2 and 3 are the perfect age for many of these toys, unless otherwise specified (like the Fisher-Price toy meant for 6 months and up). Even older kids love tinkering around on these toy computers!
Can you change the language on a toy laptop?
Most often, no. If you need a Spanish-speaking toy to teach your child to be bilingual, you’ll need to search for one that’s specifically geared to Spanish speakers. Most toy laptops are only in English.
Are there educational benefits to a toy laptop or tablet?
Absolutely! Games, songs, and apps on these laptops and tablets were developed by professionals to ensure comprehensive learning. Many of them allow children to speak along or respond back to help them learn letters, numbers, and colors. Learning games make it all fun!back to menu ↑