Best Laptop for World of Warcraft – World of Warcraft is a fantastic game. There are not that many games on the market that have the level of depth and re-playability that WoW has. For those that have played before, you will know what I mean. This great game will keep you coming back over and over again for more.
Hopefully, by reading this article, you have a good idea of which laptop you are going to pick to begin your adventures in this awesome world. If you are still unsure, we advise you to go to our top pick the MSI GF65 Thin. This is the best option for most users.
How the gaming laptop performs it depends also on the situation. There is quite a difference whether you are in some crowded zone or city, full of other players. Or when you run 5 man dungeons, raids or PvP arenas.
You can realistically expect a lower frame rate in crowded zones as the computer must render more graphical elements at the same time. And a higher frame rate lets say indoors, where there are not that many 3D elements to be shown on display.
Now, you have a good understanding of what you want for playing World of Warcraft. To save your time and effort, we have already researched and listed the best gaming laptop for playing World of Warcraft.
Hopefully, you will find something helpful in tracking down the best laptop for playing World of Warcraft and other games too.
Right questions to ask? Or still confused, no worries we are 24/7 available for you. Feel free to comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
1.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- GS66 STEALTH i7-10870H/RTX3070 Max-Q/32GB/1TBSSD/Win10PRO
- Core Black
- 15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 300Hz 3ms
- Core i7-10870H
back to menu ↑
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours
back to menu ↑
- 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest 11th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors, Intel Quad-Core i7-1165G7 (2.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB Intel Smart Cache, 8 Threads)
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED Backlight Narrow Border WVA Display I Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (DP/PowerDelivery); 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1; 1 x headphone / microphone combo; 1 x HDMI 1.4; 1 x Power jack; 1 x MicroSD Card Reader
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Backlit Keyboard, 720p at 30 fps HD camera, dual-array microphones, Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio Pro, Intel WI-FI 6 2x2(Gig+) and Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- 【Memory & Storage】32GB DDR4 SDRAM for enhanced high bandwidth to easily switch back and forth between open applications; 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD for fast boot up, ample storage space and speedy data transfer; Original seal will be opened by our engineers for upgrade ONLY, 1-Years Warranty on upgraded RAM/SSD/HDD from PConline365, and original 1-Year Manufacture Warranty on remaining components
- 【Super Fast Processor and Graphics】AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 8-Core, 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz Max Boost Technology, and GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6 dedicated) with Ray Tracing tech accelerate speeds to enhance your productivity and gaming performance
- 【Crystal Clear & Seamless Display】15.6-inch diagonal Full HD 1080p, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit, 300 nits (1920 x1080) display with 144Hz refresh rate
- 【Tech Specs】 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-C; 3 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A; 1 x HDMI 2.0a, 1 x mini DP, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Headphone/Mic Combo Jack; 1 x Media card reader; 1 x Power Jack; integrated HP Wide Vision 720P HD Webcam, 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard with 26-Key Rollover Anti-Ghosting Key technology, B&O Audio with dual speakers, WiFi 6 AX (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo; An extra PCIe M.2 slot to easily expand your storage space
- 【Included in the package】Mousepad from PConline365
back to menu ↑
- Windows 10 Home
- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3.9GHz)
- Durability - Dual fans with anti-dust technology. Red-backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- Portable 15.6" Laptop design with 0.98" Thin profile gaming laptop and weight of only 5.07 lbs.
back to menu ↑
- The thinnest 15-inch gaming laptop in its class: built-in mechanical keyboard, less than 1-inch thick, weighs less than 5-lbs, and offers OMRON mechanical switch keys in an ultra-durable CNC aluminum chassis
- 15.6-inch FHD 240Hz IPS Anti-Glare Display (100% sRGB, 72% NTSC): Housed with extremely slim 3mm bezels for an astounding 89% screen-to-body ratio and Pantone Certified accuracy within Delta E
- Powered by NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q graphics card | Impressive 8GB GDDR6 that can output to 3 independent external displays (via HDMI, Mini-DP, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) | Latest 10th Gen. Intel Core i7-10750H 6-core processor for smooth gameplay and multitasking efficiency
- Full mechanical keyboard with numpad | Built with AORUS RGB Fusion 2.0 and OMRON gaming key switches for better actuation (20% less than Blue keys), tactile feedback, and durability compared to traditional mechanical and membrane keys | Built-in fingerprint reader for rapid and secure logins
- Exclusive, built-in Microsoft Azure AI to intelligently optimize hardware profiles to match your daily usage for the most efficient power and battery usage
- 16GB (2*8GB) DDR4 3200MHz memory for the ultimate ingaming and multitasking productivity | 512GB of PCIe NVMe SSD for rapid loading time and storage speed (1 of 2 occupied)
- All-powerful, yet cool with the outstanding Gigabyte Exclusive WINDFORCE Infinity Cooling System + 2x more Fan Blades (5 Heatpipes + 2 Large Fans + 4 Exhausts) to keep your laptop quiet and stable, up to 30% cooler than previous gen.
- 8-hours of real-world usage battery life (based on PCMark 10 tests)
- NAHIMIC 3 3D 7.1 Surround Sound with more auditory cues for immersive gaming experience | Killer E2600 LAN + Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 wireless network cards (Chipset: Intel) for low-latency multiplayer gaming
- Easily upgradeable 2x M.2 SSD PCIe Gen 3x4 Slots (One occupied) | 2x DDR4 Slots (Both occupied) | Windows 10 Home | 1-Year Global Gigabyte Warranty
back to menu ↑
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes
- BONUS USB HEADSET – Immerse yourself with the 7.1 virtual surround sound from our Eluktronics Covert Cans
back to menu ↑
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Intel Six-Core i7-8750H Processor, 2.20GHz Base Frequency, up to 4.1GHz, 9MB Smartcache
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB 5400RPM Hard Disk Drive, 128GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 17.3" Full HD ( 1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen Energy-efficient Display, Intel UHD Graphics 630 Integrated
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x HDMI , 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 x Card Reader
back to menu ↑
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
- Internal storage: 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass)
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for World of Warcraft – BUYER’S GUIDE
CPU: Well, CPU depends on your budget, you can get a potent Core i7 CPU that can be overclocked and after clocking it will work like Intel Core i9-9980HK. You can also find the best—however, most recent CPU benefits to better gaming.
We would recommend you to buy Intel Core i5 processor, as it handles pretty much of gaming and when it comes to the world of Warcraft, you are good to go with this CPU installed.
RAM: Ram plays an essential part in the performance of the laptop. While gaming is RAM intensive. So it is as simple as it sounds, the better RAM the smoother gameplay. We recommend 8GB of RAM, as it can easily handle everyday productivity tasks.
A Laptop with GTX 1650 or 1660Ti usually comes with 8GB of RAM, and if you climb a little higher like GTX 2060, they come with 16GB of RAM. No worries if you can’t get 16GB now, you can upgrade it in future, as 8GB for now is perfectly okay to do some gaming.
Storage: The big question is a hard drive or SSD? The answer is why not both? Some of the gaming budget laptops come with an only hard drive (normally 1TB) but the majority of the gaming laptops includes a small SDD support to serve as a boot drive. It’s rare to see 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD working together.
What SSD do is they decrease loading times and makes the system a lot faster. But that might be costly. Make sure you get a flashy 7,200-rpm HDD as opposed to a 5,400-rpm HDD.
Display: Displays are another hugely essential aspects. The displays are can also be decided by the type of games you are going to play. The perfect size for gaming is 15.6 inches and don’t ever get anything less than 1920 x 1080. And always go for a screen that has 144Hz or 240Hz refresh rate, as they are meant for gaming.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does WoW Classic And Other WoW Expansion Packs Cost?
The base level of the game is extremely cheap, and often it is free with a trial of the game. The other expansion packs change in price often although they are never more than $15 except the newest expansions. Blizzard offers amazing deals on combinations of packs, however, so the best advice here is to keep your eye on the marketplace.
Should I Play On A Laptop Or PC?
There is no specific benefit to playing on PC over a laptop. You might find it slightly easier to play, sat at a desk, and a proper chair, but the difference is negligible.
What Are The Main Differences Between A Cheap Laptop For World Of Warcraft And An Expensive One?
The differences will simply be graphical ability. A better laptop will allow for higher settings in the video options. You might get better frame rates and rendering ability. The game is still extremely playable on a cheaper laptop, though.
What Is A Good FPS (Frame Per Second) For World Of Warcraft?
Here are some guidelines:
How Many GB Does World Of Warcraft Require?
This depends on how many expansion packs you are playing with, around 70GB is the average.
What Can I Do To Extend The Life Of My Gaming Laptop?
Keep your laptop away from heat sources, and do not block the fans that are expelling the hot air from your system. Clean the dust vents out regularly with air spray and keep your screen and keys clean with a good cleaner.
Before we start, we want to tell you what does each WoW extension is requiring, like Classic WoW, for example. For Classic WoW, which came out in 2004, you need a PC with either Windows Vista Operating System or a Windows XP. If you are a Mac user, then Mac Operating System X 10.4.11 or something that most recently came out. The processor should be Dual-core, like Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2, for PC users.
For Mac, intel 1.8GHz or something better is quite suitable. You should at least have 1GB RAM, or 2GB for Vista on your personal computer, and for Mac 2GB RAM. When it comes to video, PC users should have a 3D graphics processor that has Vertex and Pixel Shader, including 128 MB VRAM like ATI Radeon X1600. If you don’t have that, NVIDIA GeForce GT class card should suffice, of something better from NVIDIA graphics cards. That is meant for both PC and Mac users.