Best Mac Laptops for Graphic Design – Graphic designers tend to have a specific list of requirements for laptops. But rarely can you tick all the boxes on the list. More likely, you’ll spend hours researching all the different options and trying to find the best price-features combination.
1.Apple MacBook Pro
Pros & Cons
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
The MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020) is a watershed moment for Apple’s Pro line. That’s because, along with the MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and the Mac mini (M1, 2020) that launched at the same time, it has moved Apple into a new era. Instead of using Intel CPUs that have powered all of the company’s computers for a while now, it uses the new Apple-made M1 chip. This upgrade to the laptop line is the first truly big leap that it has seen in a long time.
That’s not to say that it looks all that different from previous models. In fact, as big of a change as the M1 chip is, it’s the only big upgrade the Pro 13-inch gets. If you have a 2019 or even an early 2020 model, for instance, you’ll probably want to wait a few generations before getting a Pro with an M1 chip. However, it’s still a big update. This new model is 2.8 times faster than its predecessor and has a better battery life to boot. Additionally, it’s three times faster than comparable Windows laptops.
2.GIGABYTE AERO 17
Pros & Cons
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 8 GB GDDR6
- Boost Clock 1245 Mhz & Max Graphics Power of 105W
- NVIDIA DLSS for groundbreaking AI rendering
- 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11980HK (2.6GHz~5.0GHz)
- 32GB RAM (64GB Max), 512GB SSD + 1TB SSD
Compared to the Aero 17 HDR YC we tested in January, in the spec sheet only the CPU and working memory are changed. The Aero 17 HRD YD is run by an Intel Core i9-11980HK that is accompanied by 32 GB of working memory. The system is installed on a 512 GB SSD from Samsung, and a second 1-TB SSD is available for storing larger amounts of data. An Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 is responsible for the display of the image contents.
This configuration costs about 3900 Euros , and we compare it with the competing devices listed below. Below each of the sections, you can also add more notebooks to the comparison from our database. Since not much has changed visually or in terms of the equipment, we refer to our reviews of the Aero 17 XA HDR and Aero 17 HDR YC for more detailed descriptions of these sections.
3.Razer Blade 15
Pros & Cons
- More Power, More Cores: The 8-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5. 1GHz Max Turbo.
- Studio Ready: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design (8GB GDDR6 VRAM) graphics is up to 25% faster than the original RTX 20 Series with more cores and higher clocks.
- Vivid Visuals: The 4K OLED touch display delivers blazing fast 1ms response time and a wide color range covering 100% of the DCI-P3 space, while the HDR 400 True Black ensures deep blacks and vibrant colors.
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0. 7" thin.
- Innovative Cooling: A unique vacuum sealed, liquid filled, copper vapor chamber spans the heat generating components and is the key to getting maximum performance and user comfort in a compact, thin design.
- Connectivity technology: HDMI
The Razer Blade 15, a perennial favorite among gaming laptops for its premium metal chassis and slick, slim design, has reached new heights this year. The 2021 Blade 15 Advanced Edition now carries Nvidia’s GeForce RTX “Ampere” 30 Series GPUs, unlocking a new level of gaming performance—and our test unit’s RTX 3080 can leverage the fast 240Hz refresh rate of its desktop-caliber 1440p display.
Add a Core i7 CPU, 1TB of solid-state storage (both present in all models), 32GB of RAM (in our tester), a useful complement of ports, and nearly nine hours of battery life, and there’s a whole lot to love. Yes, it’s expensive, but this Razer represents the best of the best in the premium gaming space, earning an Editors’ Choice award for its reasonable portability, high build quality, and screaming speed.
4.Dell XPS 13
Pros & Cons
- WINDOWS 11: Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 13.4-inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.8 GHz)
- 16GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x , 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2 x 2) Bluetooth 5.1
- Including 2 Year On-Site and 6 months Dell Migrate easily move your files and settings from your old PC to your new Dell
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
If you were tempted to buy an XPS 13 earlier this year following its significant redesign (model 9300) but didn’t pull the trigger, it’s a good thing you waited. Now you can get everything we like about the new laptop with the added bonus of the latest Intel silicon.
The CPU bump is essentially the only change from the 9300 to the current model 9310, but it’s an important one if you plan to keep your machine for five years or more. Dell does churn out new XPS 13 models at a prodigious rate, sometimes multiple times per year. Still, a brand-new processor and a physical redesign that’s not even a year old make the 9310 a safe buy for people who don’t want their expensive investment to be upstaged by something vastly better in a few months.
5.Acer ConceptD 7
Pros & Cons
- This Certified Refurbished product is Certified Factory refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty.
- Multitasking is easy with 16 GB of RAM.
- Equipped with a powerful Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60 GHz processor.
- Plenty of space to store all your files with 1 TB storage.
I started out using the Ezel in Laptop most of the time, but Float grew on me quickly. It brought the screen much closer to me — it’s pretty far away in Laptop mode, given the size of the keyboard deck. I can see the use cases for the other modes as well: I’d love to use Stand to take notes during a lecture, for example, and Share could be useful for drawing while standing at a desk. The one form I can’t really see myself using is Pad because, at 5.6 pounds, the Ezel is too heavy to practically hold as a tablet unless you’re swole.
The one hiccup I ran into is that the screen is very top-heavy. A few times when I picked the device up, the screen would start to fall forward and I’d have to catch it to keep the lid open. My preferences for Windows tablet mode vs. Windows desktop mode also didn’t quite line up with the device’s. It stayed in desktop mode when in Stand, for example, but I’d prefer it switch to Tablet Mode in that form since the keyboard isn’t accessible.
Best Mac Laptops for Graphic Design – The best laptops for graphic design need more than just sheer power. It’s true that video editing and rendering, especially in 4K, require a lot of firepower, which means that you will need the best graphics card and the best processor that will see you through graphically-intensive processes. However, you’ll need more than those hefty components.