Best 1080p 240hz Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best 240Hz monitors that are currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.ASUS VP249QGR 23.8”
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
The ASUS VP249QGR is yet another popular 24-inch budget oriented monitor featuring a retail price of just about 11,200 Pesos.
Among the other similar 23.8 inch panda IPS panels we’ve tested, this is the only model with a restricted ergonomics or err… stand design. On this review, we are exactly going to check out how it will fair against the rest of the gang.
The ASUS VP249QGR features a facade similar to the VZ239H. Build quality is about the same but with a lesser stand design to boot. Branding is minimal so it will fit on most desks without standing out on its own. Perfect for a classy gaming setup.
2.Sceptre IPS 27 inch
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard refresh rate, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- Response Time 1ms MPRT: With 1ms MPRT, motion blur is eliminated and exceptionally crisp imagery is visible in the midst of chaotic combat.
- 320 Brightness: Remarkably vivid colors illuminate the screen like never before with 320 cd/m² brightness.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
If you want to get a multi-purpose monitor that ensures you enjoy the best viewing experience, you should consider a Sceptre monitor. Sceptre is a reputable brand that offers some of the best monitors in the market. And it’s not like you can’t find them among top under 200 dollars displays on offer and budget 144Hz monitors, as reviewed here.
So, which type of Sceptre monitor should you go for? Our honest and detailed review looks at different types of monitors to help you make an informed decision. Apart from this text, where we focus solely on Sceptre, you can find out more about the best budget picks, look here for the top-shelf bezel less options, or explore the ultimate FreeSync monitors here.
3.ASUS 24″ 1080P
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0.5ms (GTG) response time
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI (v1 4) DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual-link DVI-D ports
- Ergonomically-designed stand with tilt swivel pivot height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for ultimate viewing comfort
- Exclusive GameVisual & Gameplus functions to enhance color performance and control
The monitor is light (4.6kg) and small so although it might not be the most ergonomically friendly thing in the world, you can plonk it down just about anywhere in your home (my review sample spent a lot of time on the kitchen table).
User reviews seemed on occasion to suggest that setting up the webcam was a challenge, but I had no such trouble; simply connect the monitor to your laptop/PC via the supplied USB-B to USB-A cable and you’re good to go.
To be honest, there’s not much wrong with the panel, either. Setting aside the stand and the webcam for a moment, the Asus BE24EQK is about as good as you’d expect a £200 FHD monitor to be. Viewing angles are good thanks to the IPS panel and, while performance is underwhelming, it’s nothing horrendous.
4.ASUS ROG Strix XG258Q 24.5”
- 24.5 inches 1920x1080 1ms response time and native 240 Hertz refresh rate with Aura RGB lighting and customizable LED lighting Effect
- ASUS Eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland certified Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting as US eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland certified Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting as US eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland certified Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting as US eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland certified Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting
- G sync compatible and adaptive Sync for a tear free gaming experience with variable refresh rate
- Flexible connectivity options with Display Port, HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.4; Game grade ergonomics such as tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustments allow you to play like a Pro in your comfort zone
- Game grade ergonomics such as tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustments allow you to play like a Pro in your comfort zone
- Industry leading 3 years warranty with rapid replacement; All customized GameVisual settings can be saved to an AXML file format that can be shared with other same monitor users.
- Mounting Type: VESA compatibility Mountable 100 x 100 millimeter
In terms of performance, this Asus ROG Strix monitor sits up there with the best. The 240Hz refresh rate delivers smooth visuals and the 1 m/s response time eliminates motion blur. The Strix XG258q has a full HD 1920×1080 TN panel screen and a maximum contrast ratio of 1000:1.
It also has the Asus Ultra-low Blue Light filters. With the right drivers, it’s both G-Sync and Freesync to eliminate screen tearing and create low motion blur. If you need something with an even faster response time, the AOC Agon AG271FZ2 is an excellent choice.
5.BenQ ZOWIE XL2540
- Lightning-fast 240 Hz refresh rate performance for a smooth gaming experience
- 1ms response time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag providing the optimal gaming experience
- Exclusive color vibrancy and black equalizer technology to enhance visual clarity and customized color settings giving players the advantage on the battlefield.Power consumption (On mode):55W
- Removable Shield that helps players focus on the game by blocking outside distractions paired with our s-switch that allows players to navigate the menu save custom display profiles and change monitor settings in an instant with the press of a button
- Multiple connectivity options Featuring DisplayPort Dual-link DVI-D HDMI and headphone/Microphone jack input Brightness 400 cd/M2
- Full height tilt and swivel adjustment with VESA compatibility 100mm x 100mm Manufacturer limited 3 years
- display_technology LED-Lit
The BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 is 240Hz gaming monitor with a TN panel that is full of gaming features. It’s incredibly responsive due to the high refresh rate and exceptionally low input lag, and also has the ability to flicker the backlight to clear up motion. It supports FreeSync variable refresh rate technology (VRR) which reduces screen tearing, however, the picture quality is below average, and the edges of the screen lose accuracy due to the narrow viewing angle.
However, the picture quality is sub-par. When sitting close to the monitor, the edges of the screen lose contrast and saturation due to the narrow viewing angle.
Best 1080p 240hz Monitors – For many gamers, especially in the world of competitive gaming, a high refresh rate is often considered more important than resolution or size, as it provides smoother gameplay and possibly an advantage over their lesser-equipped opponents. There aren’t many monitors with a 240Hz refresh rate, and most of them have TN panels, though IPS panels are starting to make their appearance as well. Our list is short for now, but we’ll update our recommendations when more of these monitors are released and tested.