Best 1440p 144hz Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best 1440p 144Hz monitors currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our 144Hz 1440p monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch
- 27 inch QHD (2560 X 1440) IPS display
- IPS 1ms response time & 144Hz refresh rate
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible. Surface Treatment-Haze 25%, 3H
- 3-Side virtually borderless design
- Tilt, Height, Pivot adjustable stand. Dimensions Without Stand (WxHxD)- 24.2 x 14.4 x 2.2 inches
The LG 27GL83A-B is a very good monitor with a 27 inch, 1440p IPS screen. It delivers a great gaming experience with extremely low input lag, an outstanding response time, and a few great gaming features. It supports AMD’s FreeSync variable refresh rate technology (VRR), but it’s also certified by NVIDIA to support VRR from recent NVIDIA graphics cards.
It has wide viewing angles, good reflection handling, and very good peak brightness, so glare shouldn’t be an issue. As a more budget-oriented model, it has a pretty basic stand, with limited ergonomics and no RGB lighting. Although it supports HDR, this doesn’t really add much, as it can’t get bright enough to deliver a true HDR experience and has a low contrast ratio.
2.VIOTEK GNV27DB 27-Inch
- LIGHTNING FAST GAMING — Elevate your pixel performance with the WQHD monitor resolution boosted by a lightning-fast 144Hz monitor refresh rate. Flicker-free video with zero dropped frames. Perfect for PC gaming, video conferencing.
- SUPERIOR IMAGE QUALITY — Bring your movies, shows and favorite gaming titles to life with the absolute best VA panel widescreen monitor display on the market. Vibrant and accurate colors at every angle, with 96% sRGB gamut and 3000:1 contrast ratio.
- FREESYNC WITH LFC — AMD FreeSync monitors help smooth out fast-paced games, squashing motion blur and image ghosting. But the slower scenes need help too. With low-framerate compensation, motion maintains fluidity even if the framerate drops as low as 48Hz.
- YOUR NEW COMMAND HUB — Your space, your rules. With three HDMI ports, a DisplayPort and a 3.5mm audio out, you have the flexibility to connect to all the devices you need. Use the 75x75 VESA monitor mount to attach it to the wall for space-saving utility.
- BEST-IN-CLASS SUPPORT – We don’t play with dead pixels – neither will you! New Viotek PC gaming monitors are protected by our Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy and 3-Year Limited Warranty, fully backed by an American company.
The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 2560 x 1440 pixels, the refresh rate is 144 Hz, and the response time is 4.8 ms. This is a 1440p Viotek monitor and can run at 144 Hz.
- CURVED DESIGN: Immersive 1500R curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid color, and incredible detail in 2K resolution
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: Fast 1ms response time, and amazing 144Hz refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync Premium technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VX2768-2KPC-MHD supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: LCD Monitor, Power Cable, DisplayPort Cable, and Quick Start Guide
The ViewSonic VX2768-2KP-MHD’s pixel response time isn’t as good as its predecessor since it shows some blurring in fast or contrasting transitions. Its overdrive modes didn’t do any good in erasing the slight smudging and persistence. It’s not ideal for competitive gaming, but casual titles won’t be an issue.
The ViewSonic VX2768-2KP-MHD is a FreeSync gaming monitor, but it also works with Nvidia’s G-Sync Compatible mode. It’s nice to be able to use both nowadays since both GPU companies have compelling options for 1440p gaming. Input lag is slightly higher at 6ms at 144Hz, but most users still won’t feel the difference in games.
4.ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B 27”
- 27-inch WQHD (2560x1440) 1500R curved gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-sync, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- FreeSync Premium technology supported through DP and HDMI ports providing variable refresh rates for low latency, stuttering-free and tearing-free while gaming
- Shadow Boost enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas
- Robust connectivity with HDMI(v2.0) x2 and DisplayPort 1.2
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rheinland Certification for Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technology to minimize eye fatigue and ensure a comfortable viewing experience
- Support HDR10 to enhance bright and dark area, delivers lifelike gaming experience
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B is a great gaming monitor. It’s packed with features most gamers should enjoy, like FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) support and G-SYNC compatibility. It also has an incredibly low input lag and a decent response time, but you may notice some motion blur with fast-moving content in dark scenes. Luckily, it has a Black Frame Insertion feature that helps improve the appearance of motion.
It has a VA panel with a great contrast ratio, making it ideal for dark-room gaming, but it has narrow viewing angles and the image looks washed out when viewing from the sides. The ergonomics are also bad, so it may be difficult to place in an ideal viewing position. Lastly, it performs well in bright rooms thanks to its good reflection handling and high peak brightness.
5.BenQ EX2780Q 27 Inch
- STUNNING IMAGE QUALITY: 2K QHD 2560x1440 resolution; IPS panel; USB-C, HDMI, DP connectivity; 16:9 aspect ratiole panel with 95% DCI-P3 Color Space
- GAMING MONITOR BOOSTS: FreeSync Premium, HDRi, and 144Hz refresh rate for smooth, clear, vivid images
- EASY CONTROL: Use a remote control, 5-way navigator, or volume wheel to adjust your settings quickly
- 2.1 CHANNEL AUDIO: Two 2W speakers, a 5W subwoofer, and a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) let you select your best audio mode
- EYE CARE: Auto-adjusts brightness and color temperature by screen content and ambient light conditions, eliminates screen flickers, filters harmful blue light
- CONSOLE-COMPATIBLE: Game on Xbox Series X at 1440p at 120Hz
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The BenQ EX2780Q is an impressive gaming monitor that delivers a smooth gaming experience thanks to its high refresh rate, low response time, and FreeSync support. It has an IPS panel with exceptionally low input lag, though its contrast ratio is rather mediocre, making it less ideal for dark rooms.
It’s also a great monitor for media consumption, as it has built-in speakers and comes with a remote control, so you can just sit back and enjoy a movie or a show. The monitor’s size and resolution provide ample space for multitasking, and its wide viewing angles are great for sharing content or for co-op gaming.
Best 1440p 144hz Monitors – As gaming PCs and monitors have gotten more powerful, it has been a constant battle for faster refresh rates and higher resolutions. Running the highest resolution at the highest refresh rate requires an extremely powerful PC, though, which is out of reach for most people. But when it comes to striking a balance between smooth motion and high-resolution graphics, 144Hz @ 1440p has emerged as one of the most popular configurations. It offers a higher level of detail, with almost twice the number of pixels of standard 1080p screens, and motion looks great, thanks to the fast refresh rate.