Best 144hz Gaming Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best 144Hz monitors currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people, in each price range. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our 144 Hz monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.ASUS TUF Gaming 23.8”
Pros & Cons
- 23.8-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz (overclockable) refresh rate designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-sync, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- FreeSync Premium technology supported through both DisplayPort and HDMI ports provides variable refresh rates for low latency, stuttering-free and tearing-free gaming
- Shadow Boost automatically brightens dark areas, making it easier to spot enemies hidden in shaded areas of the map
- ASUS-Exclusive GamePlus hotkeys offer in-game enhancements that help you get more out of your game
- Rich connectivity with DisplayPort1.2 and HDMI (v1.4) x2 ports
- What’s in the box: HDMI cable (1.8M), DisplayPort cable (1.8M), Power Cord & Adapter, Warranty card, Quick Start Guide
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed – not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. The display size of this average monitor is 23.8 inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 144 Hz, and the response time is 1 ms. This is a 1080p Asus monitor and can run at 144 Hz. A high refresh rate like this, and the 1ms response time makes this the perfect monitor for competitive gaming in games such as CS GO or Fortnite.
2.Sceptre IPS 27 inch
Pros & Cons
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard refresh rate, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- Response Time 1ms MPRT: With 1ms MPRT, motion blur is eliminated and exceptionally crisp imagery is visible in the midst of chaotic combat.
- 320 Brightness: Remarkably vivid colors illuminate the screen like never before with 320 cd/m² brightness.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
Sceptre has a reputation as being a bit of an also-ran, bargain product. But if you’re looking for a larger monitor for playing games or surfing the web, I’d recommend their 27-inch monitor with absolutely no reservations. My problem is that I expect a bit more from my displays, such as color accuracy and the means to adjust it.
That’s not to say that there’s anything desperately wrong with the monitor, it just feels like it could be better. The on screen controls are as you would expect, and easy to navigate, however I would have liked to see better control over the color.
3.ASUS 24″ 1080P
Pros & Cons
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0.5ms (GTG) response time
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI (v1 4) DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual-link DVI-D ports
- Ergonomically-designed stand with tilt swivel pivot height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for ultimate viewing comfort
- Exclusive GameVisual & Gameplus functions to enhance color performance and control
But wait, let us tell you something, a 250-nit peak brightness may seem low on paper, but under normal viewing conditions, the screen will be more than bright enough. In fact, you will most likely want to lower the brightness from the maximum setting.
Naturally, VA panel monitors at this price range have a higher contrast ratio (~3,000:1), so blacks won’t be as deep on the ASUS VP249QGR, but the IPS technology has other benefits including more vibrant color reproduction, wider viewing angles and usually faster pixel response time.
4.VIOTEK GFV24CB 24 Inch
Pros & Cons
- Premium Visual Experience ► Upgraded VA flat panel delivers 1080p monitor resolution with vibrant, color quality, thanks to 300cd/m2 brightness, 98% sRGB gamut and 4000:1 contrast ratio.
- Crush the Competition ► React with lightning speed. 165Hz monitor refresh rate brings hyper-responsive, ultra-smooth competitive gameplay. Adaptive Sync, compatible with FreeSync & G-Sync, eliminates image glitches during fast-paced and eSports games.
- Important Resolution Information ►Max. resolution/refresh using HDMI: 1920x1080p @ 120Hz. Connect with DisplayPort (DP) for max. resolution/refresh of 1920x1080p @ 165Hz. For your convenience, a DP cable is included.
- Multifunction Connectivity ► Connect to the devices you need, from game consoles and laptops to home theaters systems. Includes DisplayPort, two HDMI ports—even a 3.5mm audio out/headphone jack.
- Slim, Edgeless and Lightweight ► Modern, minimalist build with 3-sided borderless frame for a space-saving design that looks great in any setting. Mount with the 75x75mm VESA and make your space uniquely yours.
VIOTEK—the industry leader in value-rich PC monitors—returns with the VIOTEK GFV24CB. A 24-inch flat-screen gaming monitor using upgraded VA panel to deliver spectacular images with sharp detail. Max out the refresh rate up to 165Hz* for ultra-smooth gameplay and flicker-free video. You won’t miss a single detail on this 16:9 widescreen full-HD display with 1920x1080p resolution.
Colors are bold and beautiful with 4000:1 contrast ratio producing deep blacks, brilliant whites and vivid reds, greens and blues. Customize the display on the fly even more with color presets that optimizes the color based on your activity. Experience the difference that an expertly engineered VA panel can make with the GFV24CB.
5.LG 27UN850-W 27 Inch
Pros & Cons
- 27” UltraFine UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Display
- VESA DisplayHDR 400
- USB-C with 60W Power Delivery
- SRGB 99% Color Gamut
- 3-Side Virtually Borderless Display with Height / Pivot / Tilt Adjustable Stand
Gaming with all features intact. That’s the LG 27UN850-W gaming monitor’s core proposition. It’s a 27-inch 4K monitor that not only offers HDR400 support, but also precise image quality thanks to its 4K native resolution and IPS panel. It also offers sleek styling and a feature set finely tuned for gaming and productivity.
Highlights here include USB-C connectivity complete with 60W device charging and 3-side virtually borderless display styling with heigh, swivel, pivot and tilt ergonomic adjustments.
Best 144hz Gaming Monitors – Getting the best gaming experience possible isn’t just about your computer’s specs or your console anymore. It’s equally important to have a great monitor designed for gaming. One of the most important aspects of a good gaming monitor is the refresh rate because the higher it is, the smoother the motion appears. That said, even though there are monitors with a higher refresh rate, 144Hz remains a popular choice because it’s easier on the graphics card, and most people might not be able to see the difference. Note that this article only takes into account monitors with a native refresh rate of 144Hz, not ones that are overclocked out of the box.