Best 27 inch 144hz Gaming Monitors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are the best 27 inch gaming monitors currently available. They are adapted to be valid for most people. Rating is based on our review, factoring in price and feedback from our visitors.
If you would prefer to make your own decision, here is the list of all of our monitor reviews. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. Most monitors are good enough to please most people, and the things we fault monitors on are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ASUS TUF Gaming 27”
- 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate (overclocked) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B is a great gaming monitor. It’s packed with features most gamers should enjoy, like FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) support and G-SYNC compatibility. It also has an incredibly low input lag and a decent response time, but you may notice some motion blur with fast-moving content in dark scenes. Luckily, it has a Black Frame Insertion feature that helps improve the appearance of motion.
It has a VA panel with a great contrast ratio, making it ideal for dark-room gaming, but it has narrow viewing angles and the image looks washed out when viewing from the sides. The ergonomics are also bad, so it may be difficult to place in an ideal viewing position. Lastly, it performs well in bright rooms thanks to its good reflection handling and high peak brightness.back to menu ↑
2.ASUS VG279Q 27″
- 27” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms MPRT gaming monitor with ASUS game Fast input technology for a fully responsive gaming experience
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
The ASUS VG279Q is a good 27 inch, 144Hz monitor with an IPS panel. It has a simple design with outstanding ergonomics. It delivers a good picture quality, with extremely accurate colors and great peak brightness, but it’s limited a bit by its 1080p resolution.
Motion looks great thanks to the extremely fast response time, and it has a black frame insertion feature to help reduce any motion blur. It also supports FreeSync variable refresh rate technology to reduce tearing in games. Unfortunately, as is the case with most IPS monitors, it doesn’t look good in a dark room due to its low contrast ratio, but it has wide viewing angles.back to menu ↑
3.ViewSonic ELITE XG270QG 27 Inch
- IMMERSIVE MONITOR: WQHD 1440p resolution, true 1ms (GtG) response time, and 165Hz (OC) refresh rate gives you the ultimate enthusiast experience *165Hz is supported via DisplayPort while HDMI only supports up to 60Hz
- VIBRANT COLORS: IPS Nano Color technology brings your games to life with 98% DCI-P3 color coverage and 10-bit color depth
Speaking of ports, the ViewSonic is equipped with one HDMI 2.0 port and one DisplayPort 1.4b port, the three USB 3.0 ports, and a single USB Type-B upstream port for connecting the monitor to your PC.
This 27-inch 1440p monitor, packing a max 165Hz refresh rate, doesn’t do a ton on the aesthetic side to differentiate itself from the crowd, but what it lacks in design flair, it more than makes up for with fast response times and low input lag on a beautiful, color-accurate panel that you’ll be happy to binge-watch your favorite shows on.
As a perfect all-around choice for high-speed gamers and cinephiles alike, the Elite XG270QG earns our Editors’ Choice as the best gaming monitor you can buy in 2020.back to menu ↑
4.SAMSUNG 27-inch Odyssey G7 – QHD
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain.
- WQHD RESOLUTION: Make your gaming world, more lifelike than ever before. Packing in 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action.
The Samsung Odyssey G7 LC32G75T is a versatile monitor with amazing gaming performance that’s available either in a 27 or 32 inch size. It has a fast 240Hz refresh rate and an outstanding response time, resulting in exceptionally clear motion. It supports FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) technology and it’s certified by NVIDIA to be G-SYNC compatible too.
Its picture quality is very good as it has a great contrast ratio, good out-of-the-box color accuracy, and an outstanding color gamut. Sadly, it has narrow viewing angles because of its VA panel, so you quickly lose image accuracy when viewing from the side. Also, it’s a well-built monitor, but its aggressive 1000R curve might not be to everyone’s liking. Additionally, it’s packed with extra features like a Picture-in-Picture/Picture-by-Picture mode and RGB illumination.back to menu ↑
5.LG 27GN950-B 27 Inch
- 27” UHD (3840 x 2160) Nano IPS Display
- IPS 1ms (GtG) 144Hz with VESA DSC Technology
The LG 27GN950-B is a great 4k gaming monitor. It has a high 160Hz refresh rate, but you can only achieve that refresh rate over a DisplayPort connection and you need a high-end graphics card to take full advantage of this monitor. It lacks HDMI 2.1 support and can only achieve 4k @ 60Hz over an HDMI connection. It delivers impressive gaming performance thanks to its incredible response time that results in extremely clear motion, and it also has an incredibly low input lag.
It has FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) support and G-SYNC compatibility to reduce screen tearing. It’s fairly well-built, but it doesn’t offer much in terms of ergonomics as you can’t swivel it. Its IPS panel provides wide viewing angles, but sadly, that comes at the cost of a low contrast ratio. It also has disappointing reflection handling, but it gets bright enough to combat glare in most well-lit rooms.back to menu ↑
Best 27 inch 144hz Gaming Monitors – 27 inch monitors vary significantly in performance and features and are one of the most popular sizes on the market today. Ranging from the most basic 1080p monitors to 4k gaming powerhouses, the best 27 inch gaming monitors are available to match any budget and need, whether you’re a weekend warrior or professional esports player.