Best Affordable Ultrawide Monitors – Did you manage to choose the best ultrawide monitor for you?
Let us know if you need any further assistance in the comments below!
All in all, you can’t go wrong with the Acer X35; it offers an incredible image quality as well as a smooth performance and plenty of useful features.
In case you got a limited budget, you should at least save up for the Sceptre C305B, but the G34WQC delivers a lot more immersive and responsive gaming experience which is why we highly recommend it as the best value pick.
If you can afford something a bit fancier, the LG 34GP83A, the Samsung G9 and the LG 38GN950 (depending on your budget and preference) will provide you with an otherworldly gaming and viewing experience.
1.LG 29WK600-W 29″
Pros & Cons
- 29 inch ultra wide 21:9 full HD IPS monitor
- HDR10 compatible
- AMD free sync technology
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut
- On-Screen control with screen split
- Mounting type: VESA size (millimeter) 100 x 100 (VESA compatible)
Here to save your tech life from complete irrelevance is the new LG 29WK600-W. LG’s newest monitor is 29 inches of widescreen wonder. Featuring a stunning 21:9 aspect ratio, the UltraWide HD IPS monitor is a PC display for the modern worker. Every inch of this bad boy displays an amazingly color accurate picture. With over 99% sRGB coverage, a 2560 x 1080 resolution and an HDR 10 compatible high dynamic range, the LG display is not only massive, but the picture is displays is absolutely stunning.
Measuring in at 27.5” x 16.2” x 8.2” and weighing about 11.5 pounds with the stand attached, this flat screen monitor packs in a sturdy heft. It definitely doesn’t feel like it will fall apart in your hands, which is a problem that some monitors with cheaper build qualities sometimes have.
Pros & Cons
- 30" Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 Full HD Resolution. Response Time- 5ms GTG
- DP Up to 200Hz Refresh Rate / HDMI 2. 0 Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate: More than double the standard refresh rate, 200Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images
- AMD Free Sync With Free Sync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. Free Sync is an AMD technology that nearly eliminates tearing and stuttering due to differences between a graphics card's frame rate and a monitor's refresh rate.
- FPS-RTS FPS and RTS are Scepter's custom set display settings built for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS (First Person Shooter) , RTS (Real-Time Strategy).
- Blue Light Shift Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on you documents, watch movies, or play games more comfortably for extended periods.
- Gaming LED Light
- VESA Wall Mount Pattern Using the VESA wall mount pattern, easily mount your Scepter LED monitor on the wall in a manner that is both aesthetically pleasing and conveniently practical. You will be able to save ample space and view the screen in a position that affords the greatest visibility possible.
- Built-in Speakers With built-in speakers, the monitor delivers office level audio for conference calls and internet workshops. Similarly, enjoy engaging audio while listening to your favorite tunes.
- Thin Bezel Savor every inch of the large screen as the bezel is a mere . 80 cm wide.
- Anti-Flicker Provides a crisper picture by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically
The Sceptre C305B monitor is based on a 29.5″ VA (Vertical Alignment) panel with a static contrast ratio of 3,000:1, a peak brightness of 250-nits, 8-bit color depth support, and ~90% sRGB color gamut.
In comparison to IPS ultrawides, you don’t get as vibrant or accurate colors. Still, you do get a higher contrast ratio, which makes for deeper blacks and a more vivid relation between the brightest and the darkest shades.
The colors look good on the Sceptre C305B-200UN nonetheless, it’s more than bright enough under normal viewing conditions, and it’s a real treat when playing content in a dark room where you can really take advantage of the monitor’s high contrast ratio.
3.AOC CU34G2X 34″
Pros & Cons
- 34" Class (34" Viewable) AOC Gaming G2 Series monitor with 3440x1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+) resolution VA panel. Pixel Pitch: 0.23175
- Rapid 1ms response (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for ultra-smooth competitive game play Curve radius: 1500mm
- 3-Sided frameless design with 1500R curvature for immersive gaming and entertainment
- VA panel for wide viewing angles and brilliant colors displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage
- AOC Re-Spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot 3-year advance replacement 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
The AOC CU34G2X is a great ultrawide gaming monitor. It has a 144Hz panel with Adaptive Sync support, so even though it’s not officially certified by AMD nor NVIDIA for variable refresh rate (VRR) support, FreeSync and G-SYNC still both work on it.
It has low input lag, and although it has a quick overall response time, there’s visible black smearing, which is typical of VA panels. Speaking of which, it has a high native contrast ratio, but that means it has narrow viewing angles, so it’s not ideal for co-op gaming. The 34 inch screen and 3440×1440 resolution help deliver an immersive gaming experience, and it has a fairly aggressive 1500R curve to bring the edges of the screen within your field of vision.
Pros & Cons
- First Curved monitor with Intel Thunderbolt 3 for single-source power and charging
- One cable to Link and dock monitor and laptop
- Tbt3 offers 40 Gaps processing speed - - 4x faster than USB - - and up to 85W laptop charging
- Connectivity available for docks, displays and peripherals including Macs, USB Type-C laptops, E storage drives and external Graphics cards
- Ultra wide WQHD resolution 3440 x 1440
- Great multi-tasking with intuitive screen split software PBP/PIP
- Qled technology provides a wide range of colors, darker blacks with a 3000: 1 contrast ratio
- Thunderbolt 3 technology provides compatibility with MacBook and PC
- 100 hertz
The Samsung C34J791 is a decent monitor for mixed usage. It has a large ultrawide screen with ample resolution that favors multitasking but unfortunately, it has poor viewing angles. It is very responsive to your actions but you should avoid placing it in a very bright room as it cannot fight bright room glare.
It has great gray uniformity, which is great for browsing the web, but the bad viewing angles make it unsuitable for working side by side with a colleague. It has great motion handling with a fast 100Hz refresh rate, supports FreeSync and has a low input lag to please gamers.
Pros & Cons
- PANORAMIC SCREEN: Immersive ultra wide 35" curved monitor and 3440x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature, wide viewing angle, 21: 9 aspect ratio, ultra-slim bezel
- PATENTED EYE-CARE FOR EXTENDED PLAY: Brightness Intelligence Plus uses a proprietary sensor to adapt screen brightness and color temperature to your in-room lighting. B. I. plus works with Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light to help combat eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue
- Ergonomic: Height/tilt adjustability
- Super speed connectivity: USB-C one-cable connectivity enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery over a single cable, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3. 1
- Lightning Fast: 100Hz refresh rate gives you the edge
- SMOOTH GAME PLAY: AMD Free Sync empowers intensely smooth gameplay, eliminating choppy tearing and broken frames, HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast level for clear, vivid images
- Connectivity technology: usb type c
The generous selection of ports includes two HDMI 2.0 ports, one DisplayPort, one USB Type-C port, two ordinary USB 3.0 ports, and a headphone jack. They are all in back, facing downward under a strip of metal, which is never an ideal arrangement but felt unusually cumbersome with this display.
With the monitor upright, I wasn’t able to see the ports from the back, nor insert an HDMI cable in its port by touch alone. I had to turn the monitor screen-down to connect the cable, and gingerly at that, as its mount felt a bit flimsy. That, combined with the monitor’s size and weight, made port access unwieldy.
Best Affordable Ultrawide Monitors – Ultrawide monitors generally have 1/3rd more screen space in width than a normal widescreen monitor. They provide more horizontal space as compared to normal or dual monitors. They have been launched in last 3 to 4 years and have seen rapid adoption. These budget-friendly display screens are a good investment to increase your productivity. They are widely used for doing multitasking like video and graphics editing.